Prince Harry: Official Visit to Denmark - October 25-26, 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That is very good to hear, Muhler, and I must say I am looking forward to seeing Harry and Queen Margrethe, two of my three most favourite royals of all, meeting and chatting for the first time.

Harry has a full programme while he is in Denmark, as we see from the schedule, and I'm sure he and Prince Joachim and the Danish vets, many of whom he met in Toronto, will get on like a house on fire!

On the occasion of Harry's visit to DK, the public service network TV2 is here portraying Harry in a very flattering, yet factual, article here: Prins Harry på charmetur i Danmark: Skal møde kongehus og soldater, men han nævner ikke ’B-ordet’ - TV 2

I haven't got time to translate, even though it from a British perspective may be worth a read, simply to get a foreign and pretty unbiased view of Harry.

I'll say in general Harry has got a good press here in DK, especially in the way he has matured since his service in Afghanistan and his involvements with veterans and the Invictus Games.
Wounded veterans here in DK, are as a part of their therapy actively encouraged to take up sports and many of them go pretty far in that respect.
I think it's safe to predict that Harry will get a very good and positive coverage while here in DK.

Well worth bothering to translate - a good summary of Harry's mature years' work. Interesting that they interviewed UK Press for the story. It makes me think that Harry's future bios will very much fixate on "eras" in his life.

Whether you like Wills/Harry/Kate focusing on seeking help for mental health or not, I do think Harry has found an unselfish way forward since he himself sought help. Good counseling does have a strong element of "yes, it's awful and yes you are floundering, so let's figure out a way to move forward, shall we?"

I think sometimes, some people think that all this hoo hah about seeking help for issues (rather than resorting to a simple stiff upper lip) is not in the Brit National Character.

I see it the opposite way - you sit down with someone to help sort out a path that is productive. You acknowledge emotion and "feelings" and use help to plot a way to be productive beyond all that.

Thanks for sharing Muhler - as usual you have made me think about things; open my mind and see beyond the obvious.

I agree with you Curryong. Its not an easy thing to do when life hands you a mess of lemons.

It takes work to turn it all into lemonade and then promote that lemonade with a lemonade business to supply the thirsty public that have lemons of their own. In a nutshell, that is what Harry has done. Turned negative things in his life into positives and is ready, willing and able to share them. :D

On the occasion of Harry's visit to DK, the public service network TV2 is here portraying Harry in a very flattering, yet factual, article here: Prins Harry på charmetur i Danmark: Skal møde kongehus og soldater, men han nævner ikke ’B-ordet’ - TV 2

I haven't got time to translate, even though it from a British perspective may be worth a read, simply to get a foreign and pretty unbiased view of Harry.

I'll say in general Harry has got a good press here in DK, especially in the way he has matured since his service in Afghanistan and his involvements with veterans and the Invictus Games.
Wounded veterans here in DK, are as a part of their therapy actively encouraged to take up sports and many of them go pretty far in that respect.
I think it's safe to predict that Harry will get a very good and positive coverage while here in DK.

Thank you Muhler for all the info on this upcoming visit which I am so looking forward to as you know Queen Daisy is a very special lady and I just adore Prince Harry. Both of these individuals will no doubt get along fabulously. I am looking forward to all your info and translations concerning this visit. Ah to be a fly on the wall doing this visit ........?

:previous: While it is a total given that Harry will afford Queen Margrethe the honour and respect due to her, I can't help wondering if when he is introduced to Queen Margrethe he smiles and thinks 'what a difference a generation makes' when the Queen is often called Queen Daisy by her people and the British stiff upper lip ensured that his grandmother was never called by hers. The closest they came to a pet name for a royal was "The Queen Mum". 'Daisy' just makes her seem a little closer.

Last edited:
Wow he really has two jam packed days ahead of him. I look forward to reading :flowers:

I am sure he will have a good visit with the veterans and Invictus athletes. He is so passionate about it, be great for him to spend time with another team.

I also look forward to seeing him with Queen Daisy:flowers:

Harry is the perfect example of making lemonade. Both his personal loss with his mother, and what he witnessed on duty. He has shaped it into a real aim.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kensington Palace‏Verified account @KensingtonRoyal 25 Oct 2017
Queen Margrethe formally welcomes Prince Harry to Denmark as he begins his two day trip.

Tracy Schaverien‏ @TracySchaverien 25 Oct 2017
Prince Harry meets Queen Margrethe - his first stop in a 2-day official visit to Copenhagen

Marc-Erwan‏ @vittart75 25 Oct 2017
Danemark : visite officielle du prince Harry accueilli à Amalienborg par la Reine Margrethe II.

Translated from French by Bing
Denmark: official visit of prince Harry met at Amalienborg by Queen Margrethe II.

Rookie‏Verified account @royalfocus1
25 Oct 2017 from Copenhagen, Denmark
Queen Margrethe and Prince Harry meet at Amalienborg Palace at start of two day visit #RoyalVisitDenmark #Royals #Denmark #Brexit

Last edited:
Some lovely interior views of the Palace in all the above. Thankyou for posting them. A lot of cordiality displayed, smiles a little joke or two. A smiling Queen. Quite lovely. And it doesn't look as if Harry has brought Old Faithful, his ancient blue suit, on this trip. I wonder whether they had a quick drink together, a cup of coffee?

Another positive article from TV2 about Harry: Dansk veteran om prins Harrys indsats: - Det er helt fantastisk - TV 2

Having served himself in Afghanistan, and especially having served in the capacity where he aboard an helicopter helped secure an evacuation zone has in particular earned the respect and almost endearment of (in this case) Danish veterans.
One of them is Maurice Lindegaard Manuel, who while serving in Afghanistan stepped on a mine and lost a leg beneath the knee.
Maurice Lindegaard is the man whose head Harry is seen kissing.

He explains: (About having being dedicated to helping veterans) "It's alpha and Omega (means everything) and totally fantastic that he use his position in society to create attention about us".

After having completed the first part of his treatment Maurice Lindegaard back in 2014 took part in the Invictus Games: "The Invictus Games came at a time whenI was about to rediscover myself and create a new identity. I went along and took part in both wheelchair-basket, wheelchair-rugby and calisthenics. It was an utterly fantastic experience. It was a way to prove to myself and those around me that I was on the way back".

Harry will today visit Svanemølle Barracks in Copenhagen together with Joachim, and here they will meet veterans as well as the head of the Danish branch of Invictus, Commodore Peter Tolderlund, who says: "He is something very special for us, because he has been to war on equal footing with other soldiers. Everybody are wild about him - myself included. He is really a great person".
He adds that the sports Harry has inspired people to take up has had a great significance: "We have several who have been able to stop using medication or who have recovered from an addiction. Through sports you can find a way back to life and back to the society through your physical or psychological scars".

That is something Maurice Lindegaard has been through himself. At the Invictus Games in 2014, it was Harry who presented the medals to Maurice Lindegaard: "He's got both feet firmly planted on the ground. He has been deployed himself and the gives him an understanding for what we have been through. There is a camaraderie between soldiers, which means that he is very accessible and I am in no doubt at all that we war-veterans are a core-issue that is very, very dear to his heart".

Some lovely interior views of the Palace in all the above. Thankyou for posting them. A lot of cordiality displayed, smiles a little joke or two. A smiling Queen. Quite lovely. And it doesn't look as if Harry has brought Old Faithful, his ancient blue suit, on this trip. I wonder whether they had a quick drink together, a cup of coffee?
We can hope that Fred's twofer sale on red pants is still going strong Curryong so Old Faithful can get a well deserved break.:D

Looks like he had a good turnout!

LaRae

It is good to see Harry taking up an increasing number of royal duties. An official visit to a non-Commonwealth monarchy in Europe is a big step for him !

That pic with him and the baby smiling up at him is too cute!

LaRae

It really warms my heart to see the pictures and the videos from today's meeting with Queen Daisy and to read the articles that Muhler has posted for us.

This is the role of a royal prince at its best. This is a man that no matter who it is he's meeting, whether it be Queen Margrethe or a a disabled veteran, its not all about him but about who he is and he does his very best to not be the prime focus of pictures and videos but to be part of the pictures and videos. He is at home with Kings and Queens and top dignitaries as well as with the veteran in a wheelchair or a small child.

I had been really looking forward to seeing Harry and Queen Daisy in the same room and it doesn't disappoint. Although it was a very formal, diplomatic type meeting, by the body language alone, it let me know that these two people were very comfortable with each other. Of course, Daisy probably was goading information from Harry on how his grandmother was doing these days. :D

Perhaps "Old Faithful" blue suit was already spoken for by William for the day so Harry had to wear something else. Harry could do worse than copy Fred in his red pants. He could pick up some couture tips from Henrik. I have to laugh thinking of Harry wearing some of the stuff that Henrik wears.

:previous: While it is a total given that Harry will afford Queen Margrethe the honour and respect due to her, I can't help wondering if when he is introduced to Queen Margrethe he smiles and thinks 'what a difference a generation makes' when the Queen is often called Queen Daisy by her people and the British stiff upper lip ensured that his grandmother was never called by hers. The closest they came to a pet name for a royal was "The Queen Mum". 'Daisy' just makes her seem a little closer.

I doubt it was his first time meeting her or having occasion to think about the differences in the two queens' situations.

Daisy and Elizabeth are very close friends and she's believed to quietly visit her British cousin somewhat often. Instead of only offering Margarethe the usual sorts of orders given to foreign heads of state, Elizabeth made her a member of the Order of the Garter and gave her the highest rank of the Victorian Order, which recognizes personal service to the queen. Margarethe is also the Colonel in Chief of the Princess of Wales Royal Regiment (as was her father before her, although the regiment has changed names over the years and was something else in his day).

So Daisy is a well-known figure to the BRF.

However, Britain and Denmark are different places. Their monarchies are the living representatives of different histories. And so there will probably always, no matter the generation, be some difference in the two monarchies' relationship with the citizenry.

I'm also pretty sure that they've met before.

He's very charming isn't he? Great video of him interacting with folks.

LaRae

I’m sitting here reading and thinking all of us on this thread around the globe are smiling together.

So I see Harry will meet with Joachim. But will Mary and Frederik (and perhaps Marie) be present during some activity?

So I see Harry will meet with Joachim. But will Mary and Frederik (and perhaps Marie) be present during some activity?

Mary has two other events tomorrow (today as well).
Frederik is in Thailand for the king's funeral ceremonies. Im thinking, Frederik would have been with Harry at tomorrow's Invictus games event (Frederik did attend the games in 2014), but has to attend the funeral. :flowers:

Harry at tonight's reception

and at Tivoli Gardens

Margrethe smiles like a fan meeting her idol. Sooooooooooo cute! Awwwww!

Back
Top Bottom