The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-26-2017, 09:35 AM
Courtier

Thanks Iceflower! Great pics. Prince Harry does his nation proud!

Old 10-26-2017, 09:46 AM
Majesty

After a nice brunch at a lovely bakery for Harry, where everything looked delicious, it's on to meet Prince Joachim and the Danish vets. Both princes looked happy to meet up, and Harry has shown his usual connection with service and ex service people. I think he looks great, very energised and engaged.

Old 10-26-2017, 12:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

More on Harry and Joachim meeting the veterans today: https://www2.forsvaret.dk/nyheder/ov...veteraner.aspx
Old 10-26-2017, 12:38 PM
Majesty

gallery and video with Joachim
Møde med de danske deltagere ved Invictus Games | Kongehuset
H.K.H. Prins Joachim og H.K.H. Prins Harry møder de danske deltagere i Invictus Games | Kongehuset

It was nice of Joachim to bring some color into the outfits, in the form of pink
Old 10-26-2017, 02:03 PM
Majesty

Isn't there a report in the Danish press that Harry has met privately with the family of a Danish soldier who was killed in Afghanistan and Harry flew his body back to base?
Old 10-26-2017, 02:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by FashionMaven View Post
Is it me or is Harry getting better looking with age? Damn.

And second - that video with the flashbulbs going off - my Lord - I actually feel badly for the royals having to deal with that kind of attention... I'd be blind by now.
Nope it's not just you! He and William have traded places!

He quite reminds me of the DoE ..and has for several years now!

LaRae
Old 10-26-2017, 02:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Isn't there a report in the Danish press that Harry has met privately with the family of a Danish soldier who was killed in Afghanistan and Harry flew his body back to base?
I haven't seen any such report in the Danish press. I assume that is out of respect of the relatives.
If they have requested the press to keep a distance, then such a meeting is considered a private thing (even if Harry is a famous Prince) and the press will usually keep their distance.
Also because the Danish public might find a press intrusion ghoulish.

Harry has for the second day been well featured in the TV2 main news at 19.00 and today he was very much praised by the veterans, who openly stated what a difference the Invictus Games concept have made for them personally and the respect they feel for Harry on a personal level. And the way they feel they can relate to him and he to them.
With all due respect for Joachim, he was reduced to a prop today.

A video summary of today's events from BB: VIDEO: Prins Joachim gav prins Harry varm velkomst | BILLED-BLADET
Old 10-26-2017, 03:17 PM
Majesty

Daily Express reporter Richard Palmer said this was kind of a dull visit from the British press point of view.

He said Harry received positive press in Denmark but the crowds were small.

Can any Danish members comment on crowd size?
Old 10-26-2017, 03:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
If you scroll down through this article, it does give the information about how Harry did meet with the parents of the Danish soldier that delayed Harry's flight out of Afghanistan as they waited for the soldier's friends to load his coffin onto the flight.

This meeting had to be bittersweet for the parents (no information was given about the meeting. It was private) of this fallen soldier. To know that their son impacted one person's life to the extent of trying to make a difference world wide for veterans is perhaps the most deep and profound memory they could have of their son. This is our Harry. This is the man that deeply cares about not only what he is doing but also about the people that have impacted his life.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 10-26-2017, 03:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Daily Express reporter Richard Palmer said this was kind of a dull visit from the British press point of view.

Not being there myself, I can't say how big the crowd was and how many of them were British ex-pats.

With all due respect for Harry, he has a good press in DK, and a pretty good public image, but he's no superstar.
We have our own royal family and they are the superstars - of course. Especially M&F.
After the DRF comes the Swedish and Norwegian families, followed closely I think, by the Dutch royals.
They are the ones people might take time off from work/school on a grey, rainy October Wednesday and Thursday to go see.
The turnout, I'm sure, would easily have been doubled probably more, had Harry been accompanied by Mary and/or Frederik. That's only natural.
On top of that Harry didn't go so much to public places where large crowds could be expected to be, but instead he went to smaller specific events.

Yes, despite all that, Harry got an above average coverage in the Danish press. And a very positive coverage, mind you.

Perhaps William and Kate would gather a larger crowd had they gone to similar events. I don't know. I would certainly not put my head on the block saying they would.
In short: the young BRF members don't have that big a profile in DK, there is simply too much competition from the other Continental royals.

So to sum up: Harry did well.
Old 10-26-2017, 04:17 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

HRH Harry watches veterans play sitting volleyball during his Official Danish visit.

16th of November,1528 : Birth of Jeanne d'Albret,Queen of Navarre
Old 10-26-2017, 04:47 PM
Imperial Majesty

Perhaps I should elaborate a bit on my previous post.

This visit by Harry was more a working visit to places and people who are basically involved with his personal protections. As such they are inevitably more low key than a more large scale country-to-country visit which W&K will embark on to Sweden and Norway. The purpose of their visit is very much to be seen, and be seen by as many as possible.
While Harry's visit was much more personal, with the people he met in the center, rather than himself - that at least was the intention.

Yet, apart from the foreign, especially the British press, and British ex-pats, especially those living in Sweden, the Swedes themselves will turn out just as much to see their own royals. - That I think is safe to predict.
It's very natural. Sweden currently have three young couples and at the current rate they are giving birth to a new baby about every three months or so!
They are the superstars in Sweden. W&K are young and glamorous too, but they are not Swedish. The Swedes will turn out to see W&K interact with their royals, not the other way around.

If W&K bring their children it will be even better! The Swedes will love to see George and Charlotte play with Estelle and myriads of other Swedish royal children. But it's still the Swedish children who will get the best Swedish coverage.
That I also think is safe to predict.

It will be different in Norway though. There is currently only one younger couple, Haakon and Mette-Marit, and Ingrid is either too young or too old to steal the show, even if she were to appear
So in Norway W&K will be much in focus, but the Norwegians will of course focus mostly on their own royals.

So to sum up: The international coverage of the visits will focus on W&K, but in Scandinavia, there will be at least as much, probably much more, coverage of the SRF and NRF members.
Old 10-26-2017, 04:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
That does make a lot of sense, Muhler. Kind of reminds me of sporting events. Wherever the game takes place, the crowds in the stands will be predominantly rooting for the home team. Its how things work.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 10-26-2017, 05:42 PM
Majesty

Well, I think my favourite photo is one of Harry with a little extra "colour".

https://previews.rexfeatures.com/pre...91ee5d924e28cb

I understood the message of the red and white flowers he received yesterday . . . but who gives a man a posy. He's blushing and looking like "what the h*** am I supposed to do with this?
Old 10-26-2017, 06:35 PM
Heir Apparent

From what I’ve seen, the Scandinavians will often give male and female royals flowers. I just watched the Norwegian King visit an event and he was given flowers, just like Queen Sonja would if she came.

I can’t open the photo, btw.
Old 10-26-2017, 06:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

That's a nice little bouquet of flowers he got!

LaRae
Old 10-26-2017, 07:27 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptgirl View Post
What is the purpose of Harry's trip to Denmark? Why do they call Margrethe Daisy? And when is his next engagement once he comes back from Denmark?

Many Margarets are called daisy because the of the Marguerite daisy.
Old 10-26-2017, 07:31 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Here is an article about the private meeting
Prince Harry and the fallen Danish soldier who inspired the Invictus Games - ITV News

"His mother and father had a private meeting with Prince Harry in Copenhagen on his two day visit to Denmark. There were just three of them in the room – the family asked for no publicity."

"Prince Joachim, from the Danish Royal Family, who accompanied Harry in Copenhagen today as his visited a military training centre, told ITV News afterwards that it was an emotional meeting for Prince Harry and that the death of that Danish soldier had been an “eye-opener” for him. ...
“It will not lessen their loss”, he said, and Prince Joachim told the family before they met Prince Harry that “there is a meaning with everything”."
Old 10-26-2017, 09:35 PM
Majesty

Thank you polyesco. It was the middle of the night here in Oz when I wrote that post. I'm glad that I didn't dream it! I found the report incredibly moving, and I'm glad Harry and the family had a chance to meet each other.y
Old 10-26-2017, 09:56 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post

Not Danish, but I'd take whatever Prichard Palmer says with a grain of salt. That man has an agenda. When Will, Kate and Harry don't play along with his schemes, he badmouths them right and left.