Prince Harry: Official Visit to Denmark - October 25-26, 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Perhaps I should elaborate a bit on my previous post.

This visit by Harry was more a working visit to places and people who are basically involved with his personal protections. As such they are inevitably more low key than a more large scale country-to-country visit which W&K will embark on to Sweden and Norway. The purpose of their visit is very much to be seen, and be seen by as many as possible.
While Harry's visit was much more personal, with the people he met in the center, rather than himself - that at least was the intention.

Yet, apart from the foreign, especially the British press, and British ex-pats, especially those living in Sweden, the Swedes themselves will turn out just as much to see their own royals. - That I think is safe to predict.
It's very natural. Sweden currently have three young couples and at the current rate they are giving birth to a new baby about every three months or so!
They are the superstars in Sweden. W&K are young and glamorous too, but they are not Swedish. The Swedes will turn out to see W&K interact with their royals, not the other way around.

If W&K bring their children it will be even better! The Swedes will love to see George and Charlotte play with Estelle and myriads of other Swedish royal children. But it's still the Swedish children who will get the best Swedish coverage.
That I also think is safe to predict.

It will be different in Norway though. There is currently only one younger couple, Haakon and Mette-Marit, and Ingrid is either too young or too old to steal the show, even if she were to appear
So in Norway W&K will be much in focus, but the Norwegians will of course focus mostly on their own royals.

So to sum up: The international coverage of the visits will focus on W&K, but in Scandinavia, there will be at least as much, probably much more, coverage of the SRF and NRF members.

That does make a lot of sense, Muhler. Kind of reminds me of sporting events. Wherever the game takes place, the crowds in the stands will be predominantly rooting for the home team. Its how things work. :D

Last edited:
From what I’ve seen, the Scandinavians will often give male and female royals flowers. I just watched the Norwegian King visit an event and he was given flowers:flowers:, just like Queen Sonja would if she came.

I can’t open the photo, btw.

That's a nice little bouquet of flowers he got!

LaRae

What is the purpose of Harry's trip to Denmark? Why do they call Margrethe Daisy? And when is his next engagement once he comes back from Denmark?

Many Margarets are called daisy because the of the Marguerite daisy.

Isn't there a report in the Danish press that Harry has met privately with the family of a Danish soldier who was killed in Afghanistan and Harry flew his body back to base?

Here is an article about the private meeting
Prince Harry and the fallen Danish soldier who inspired the Invictus Games - ITV News

"His mother and father had a private meeting with Prince Harry in Copenhagen on his two day visit to Denmark. There were just three of them in the room – the family asked for no publicity."

"Prince Joachim, from the Danish Royal Family, who accompanied Harry in Copenhagen today as his visited a military training centre, told ITV News afterwards that it was an emotional meeting for Prince Harry and that the death of that Danish soldier had been an “eye-opener” for him. ...
“It will not lessen their loss”, he said, and Prince Joachim told the family before they met Prince Harry that “there is a meaning with everything”."

Thank you polyesco. It was the middle of the night here in Oz when I wrote that post. I'm glad that I didn't dream it! I found the report incredibly moving, and I'm glad Harry and the family had a chance to meet each other.y

Last edited:
Daily Express reporter Richard Palmer said this was kind of a dull visit from the British press point of view.

He said Harry received positive press in Denmark but the crowds were small.

Can any Danish members comment on crowd size?
Not Danish, but I'd take whatever Prichard Palmer says with a grain of salt. That man has an agenda. When Will, Kate and Harry don't play along with his schemes, he badmouths them right and left. :whistling:

It doesn't seem that Palmer actually was following the Denmark trip himself but rather took a few glances at the Daily Fail pictures and worked from that. Probably had a three martini lunch scheduled somewhere and his mind was not on his job. ;)

This is not the man to follow if you're seriously into any kind of royal news.

Great second day. Lot to catch up on after work :flowers:

It must have been very emotional meeting the family of the Danish soldier. I have heard him speak about that flight home, and how it impacted him, and on his future with Invictus. Not simply the wounded soldiers with him on the airplane, but also the coffin loaded on. Yes there were many dead soldiers unfortunately, but even though he never met the man, that's one coffin he will never forget. I have little doubt the meeting meant a lot to him.

Harry continues to shine with the people. He really has such a presence where ever he goes.

As for the British press, I honestly think sometimes its because of clothes. They seem to think the public is only interested in stories about fashion. Kate's stories 3/4 will be about her outfit. Harry has no wife to talk about.

And the positive coverage of Harry continues: https://www.bt.dk/royale/prins-harr...ner-og-brugte-meget-laengere-tid-end-planlagt

He (and Joachim) were only scheduled to stay with the veterans for an hour, but the rapport between the veterans and Harry was so good that they stayed much longer.

The veterans expressed disappointment that it was hardly noticed when they took part in the Invictus Games (and did well BTW), when they returned not a single reporter had bothered to show up at the airport.
They also missed more attention from the DRF and hoped for that to change.
(Truth to be told, the DRF has actually shown support for veterans who have readjustment problems upon returning and veterans who has psychological issues, but admittedly not that much to physically wounded veterans who have taken up sports, with the exception of Frederik).

After Harry had left Joachim said: "It was a smashing visit. The main purpose of the visit by Prince Harry was of course to meet the Danish participants in Invictus Games, which is immeasurably dear to him".

Asked whether he, Joachim, would actively support the Danish branch of the Invictus Games, Joachim promptly answered: "Yes! - Why not? There is a tremendous success in this. Because it's about each individual participant having an experience about setting up some goals and help supporting (others). So there is both the old fighting spirit. But also the personal victory about moving on and coming back on top and become whole and carry your own weight again".

So who knows? We can hope Joachim will become patron of the wounded veterans so to speak.

I think that would be an area where he would be very dedicated. And perhaps find a new true role for himself within the DRF.
There has been questions asked about where Joachim is going after the sale of Schackenborg. What will be his role within the DRF and for DK - and himself. - Perhaps Joachim has found the answer.

I am so glad to read this, and that Harry and Joachim enjoyed this visit. I hope that Joachim will take up the cause of wounded vets and stay with it. It's such a vital cause and I know Harry gets such a lot out of interacting with them all.

I don't follow Harry and the BRF as intensely as I used to, but one of the things that stands out while skimming this thread is Prince Harry's complete body and soul dedication to wounded vets. For a few years I was afraid he was on the wrong path, but even a casual observer can tell that Invictus has transformed him. It's not just one of several myriad charities he supports because he is a Royal prince who is expected to do something useful...it's now part of his life in a big way.

In other words he has found his purpose and Life Path, which many people don't.

Harry is very fortunate in so many ways.

Back
Top Bottom