The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-25-2017, 03:01 PM
Courtier

So disappointed with this video. From the moment this visit was announced I was looking forward for the kiss-and-greet vid. But I think it's Queen Margrethes style not to do such. Even for Charles n Camilla's visit we didn't get such video. All other monarchs greeting videos r released. Even the super-formal QE2's.. Anyways it's great to see the two together..

Old 10-25-2017, 03:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
Mary has two other events tomorrow (today as well).
Frederik is in Thailand for the king's funeral ceremonies. Im thinking, Frederik would have been with Harry at tomorrow's Invictus games event (Frederik did attend the games in 2014), but has to attend the funeral.

Harry at tonight's reception
https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...39678962257920

and at Tivoli Gardens
https://twitter.com/emilykentsmith/s...33384570277888
Thanks.
Bit of a bummer not to see the younger Royals together but understandable.

Old 10-25-2017, 03:20 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
Margrethe smiles like a fan meeting her idol. Sooooooooooo cute! Awwwww!
You can not be serious...
Old 10-25-2017, 03:29 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I don't see anything close to being a fan/idol thing either. If anything, there is a sense of meeting up with her dear friend's grandson and happily catching up on some news.

I also think the last thing in the world that Harry would ever want to be treated like is an idol. He's a wee bit too down to earth for that kind of stuff.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 10-25-2017, 03:42 PM
Aristocracy

Have to say I agree with Osipi and Nordic here. Grandmotherly affection maybe but fan/idol - no, sorry.
Old 10-25-2017, 03:57 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

HRH Prince Harry also attended a reception at the Hotel Nimb in Tivoli in Copenhagen tonight.

PPE Agency
Old 10-25-2017, 04:29 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
Margrethe smiles like a fan meeting her idol. Sooooooooooo cute! Awwwww!
Idol? I don't think so. She definitely is smiling and she looks really relaxed so I'm guessing they had an entertaining meeting. She smiles at him like she really enjoyed his company and he smiled at her the way he smiles at his Grandmother, with dancing eyes.
Old 10-25-2017, 04:41 PM
Serene Highness

It looked to me like they shared a funny/amusing joke.
Old 10-25-2017, 04:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

Perhaps she presented him with a gift. One of PH's blazers, the green one, he usually wore when going to parties.
- After having it retailored to suit Harry. - With an encouragement to use it tomorrow...

And being the well-behaved young man Harry is, any wish from a lady, especially an elderly lady, is a command.

I imagine QMII has been on the phone with QEII agreeing: "We really need to put some colors on Harry!"

This one: https://bt.bmcdn.dk/media/cache/reso...860934---2.jpg
The shirt too.
I'm sure Harry would be eeh... delighted... to wear it. - And daily Mail would have something to write about for the next decade or so.
Old 10-25-2017, 05:17 PM
Majesty

Oh you are a very wicked man Muhler . . . Henrik's old green jacket is, well, very kermit green and while Harry may be a Ginger, it lacks any point of interest. Now the shirt? That's interesting. Wierd, but interesting. However, my mind's eye is having a really difficult time visualising it on Harry!
Old 10-25-2017, 05:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Actually I think that the Zorba the Grape outfit that Henrik wore recently would go quite excellently with Harry's ginger hair. I can see the Daily Fail articles now renaming Harry "Little Henrik".

But seriously folks, from all I've see of today's adventures in Denmark, Harry is enjoying himself meeting the people and it seems that the people of Denmark have succumbed to Harry's charm. It can't get any better than that.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 10-25-2017, 09:40 PM
Majesty

I'm really enjoying this visit and all the photos. As ever, Harry looks to be having the time of his life whatever the occasion (except when he absolutely has to be serious) and this trip is no exception.
I'm look forward to more events.
Old 10-25-2017, 10:51 PM
Courtier

Is it me or is Harry getting better looking with age? Damn.

And second - that video with the flashbulbs going off - my Lord - I actually feel badly for the royals having to deal with that kind of attention... I'd be blind by now.
Old 10-25-2017, 11:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

Another flattering article about Harry, from Metro Express.dk: https://www.mx.dk/underholdning/kend...m_medium=front

The gist is that he has matured to become one of the most popular members of the BRF.
The female reporter obviously find him charming.
Old 10-25-2017, 11:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FashionMaven View Post
Is it me or is Harry getting better looking with age? Damn.

And second - that video with the flashbulbs going off - my Lord - I actually feel badly for the royals having to deal with that kind of attention... I'd be blind by now.
I was actually re-watching the Cambridge wedding the other night (damn insomnia) and noticed that Harry's hair has thinned significantly since then. But he somehow has managed to make it look good! Maturity seems to suit him.

It was good to see him meet with Queen Daisy. I would have also liked to see "Uncle" Harry meeting her grandkids, but that really wasn't the purpose of the trip. Besides, there were some cute moments with other kids throughout the day.
Old 10-25-2017, 11:46 PM
Majesty

There might be other trips to Denmark in the future now the ice has been broken so to speak. I too would like to see him with the Crown Prince couple and their family. Still, he will be meeting Joachim later on and I'm sure they'll like each other.
Old 10-26-2017, 12:04 AM
Courtier

Harry's charm offensive in Denmark was covered by Vanity Fair:

Quote:
His trip began with a stop at Copenhagen’s Palace of Amalienborg, where he met Queen Margrethe.

Margrethe, 77 years old, looked positively enchanted with the young British royal—and why wouldn’t she?!
Old 10-26-2017, 12:20 AM
Majesty

Great visit so far.

I loved seeing him with Daisy. Not a fan girl certainly, she seems like a kindly grandmother welcome to Harry. Not surprising as she is close to his Gran.

The young Danish royals vs the young British royals is a big difference. While it would be great to see them interacting, Joachim and Fred are not really age contemporaries with Harry and the Cambridges. Joachim and Fred are more of age with Edward and Andrew then their nephews. The gap will lighten with the next generation. George and Charlotte wont be too much younger then some of their contemporaries.
Old 10-26-2017, 12:36 AM
Majesty

Yes, that very awkward age disconnect between Charles and his Royal contemporaries in rank, several of whom have now moved on to become monarchs, has stymied some close relationships being formed between the Continental and Scandi royals and the BRF, with the exception of Edward and Sophie. It's good to see some visits to other monarchies by the younger royals recently, and let's hope it continues.
Old 10-26-2017, 06:15 AM
Administrator

Here are the first pics of the second day today, October 26:

** rex gallery 1 ** rex gallery 2 **

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: Prince Harry Visits Copenhagen - Day 2 **

** dailymail: Fancy a Danish, Harry? Prince looks tempted by the local delicacies as he visits a bakery in Copenhagen on day two..**