The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-25-2017, 09:42 AM
Majesty

Whatever tour The Cambridges undertake is going to be in November. That was the announcement a few weeks ago. Harry in October and The Cambridges in November.

Old 09-25-2017, 09:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Should we assume William's and Kate's Scandinavian tour has been called off and Harry is filling in for them ?

No. Two days in the same city is not really a tour. More like a visit. Plus the Cambridges's tour is for November. Even if somehow Catherine can't go. William would just go by himself like he did went he went to Japan and China

Old 09-25-2017, 11:24 AM
Heir Apparent

And in addition to what Rudolph and Skippyboo wrote, remember what William said when he talked to some norwegians during a garden party at BP in May: ''Hopefully we are going to Norway very soon, we are going to do a Scandinavian trip.''

See it here:
Shows exterior shots Prince William, Duke of Cambridge, talking to... Stock Footage Video | Getty Images

And if the Cambridge tour in November will be to the Scandinavian countries, then I think it's a very rich and extremely beautiful little country in the north who stands outside the EU who will be the main target of this charm offensive by the British government.
Old 10-03-2017, 11:38 PM
Aristocracy

What is the purpose of Harry's trip to Denmark? Why do they call Margrethe Daisy? And when is his next engagement once he comes back from Denmark?
Old 10-03-2017, 11:50 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptgirl View Post
What is the purpose of Harry's trip to Denmark? Why do they call Margrethe Daisy? And when is his next engagement once he comes back from Denmark?
1) Soft diplomacy because of Brexit-good will tour.
2) Nickname-the flower marguerite is daisy in English
3) ?--Also, sometimes for security reason, certain engagements are not announced very far in advance.
Old 10-04-2017, 12:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptgirl View Post
Also, Queen Margrethe is very, very fond of daisies herself. She wears a brooch inherited from her mother. It is said that "She knows the history of her collection and, as the De Kongelige Juveler documentary demonstrates, she can easily recall the stories behind each item in it. Today's piece, her daisy brooch, is one of the most sentimental of her jewels, with connections to her mother and her maternal grandmother."

Scriptgirl, if you haven't had any previous information on Denmark and its Queen, I think you are going to be in for a treat. Especially if its raining and the Queen gets to wear her favorite raincoat and carry her daisy umbrella.

IMO, Queen Margrethe and Harry together is going to be a meeting of two people that really have a zest for life. Looking forward to following this visit of Harry's to Denmark.

Queen Margrethe's Daisy Brooch | The Court Jeweller

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Royal Outfit of the Day: Queen Margrethe and her Raincoat at the Danish Summer Photocall

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 10-04-2017, 12:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Queen Margrethe was named after her grandmother Margaret, the Crown Princess of Sweden. She was a daughter of Arthur Duke of Connaught, the third son of Queen Victoria, and was known as Daisy to her relatives. She died young.
Old 10-12-2017, 12:38 PM
Majesty

from the DRF calendar

25 October 2017
H.M. The queen receives HRH Prince Harry in Audience. Christian IX's Palace, Amalienborg, at. 14.00.

26 October 2017
HRH Prince Joachim participates with HRH Prince Harry meeting Danish participants in Invictus Games. Svanemøllens Kaserne, Ryvangs Allé 1, Copenhagen Ø, kl. 10:30.
Old 10-20-2017, 06:46 PM
Serene Highness

Repeating Curryong's post:

Quote:
PRINCE HARRY TO VISIT COPENHAGEN: UPDATE

Prince Harry will undertake a two-day visit to Copenhagen, Denmark, on Wednesday 25th and Thursday 26th October. This visit is at the request of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.

This will be His Royal Highness’s first official visit to Denmark, and Prince Harry is looking forward to meeting the people of Copenhagen. In particular he will spend time with young Danes making a real difference in fields including business, sports and social development, and His Royal Highness will have an opportunity to meet veterans including the recently returned Danish Invictus Games team.

On arrival in Copenhagen, in the early afternoon of 25th October, Prince Harry will visit Amalienborg for an audience with Her Majesty Queen Margrethe II of Denmark.

After this, His Royal Highness will travel across the city to KPH Projects. Based in a regenerated area of Copenhagen, this organisation acts as a community for innovative start-ups and small growing businesses, which all have a shared focus to improve society by working with social, cultural or environmental objectives. Each business supports and collaborates with one another across a huge variety of sectors and while here Prince Harry will meet with the KPH founders, and entrepreneurs.

Nearby are the headquarters of GAME, an NGO with a mission to create lasting social change through youth-led street sports and culture, which Prince Harry will visit. He will meet young volunteers known as ‘Playmakers’ who are encouraged to take a role as peer educators, and leaders of activities for youth including those from less advantaged neighbourhoods.

His Royal Highness will hear about these programmes and view activities including basketball, parkour, and dance classes, before hearing from young people for whom GAME has become an important part of their lives.

That evening His Royal Highness will attend a reception hosted by Her Majesty’s Ambassador to Denmark at the famous Tivoli Gardens. Located in central Copenhagen, Tivoli is one of the world’s oldest amusement parks, first opening in 1843. Prince Harry will meet a selection of Danish figures from the worlds of sport, business, politics, arts and culture at this event, which will close the day’s engagements.

On Thursday morning His Royal Highness will start the day with a visit to a Danish bakery, where he will meet with volunteers and service users from a nationwide campaign designed to improve attitudes towards mental health. The ‘One of Us’ programme builds awareness of mental health while simultaneously reducing the stigma associated with it, and been successfully rolled out across schools, workplaces and elsewhere in Denmark.

The second engagement of the day, just outside the city centre, where Prince Harry will be joined by Prince Joachim, will see Their Royal Highnesses visiting a project which supports veterans of the Danish Armed Forces. Prince Harry will learn about the origins of the initiative which uses sports and teamwork to help rehabilitate wounded soldiers and watch demonstrations of the most popular activities. The event will conclude with a reception attended by some of the recently returned Invictus Games competitors who have also benefitted from this project.

His Royal Highness’s last stop of the day will be Ørestad Gymnasium, which is part of a global network of changemaker schools, with partners in the UK. Prince Harry will join the school as it holds a conference on the importance of 'Making a Difference’, and His Royal Highness will join individual sessions and workshops to hear from young people sharing ideas and best practices related to solving issues facing their generation.
Old 10-24-2017, 05:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

On the occasion of Harry's visit to DK, the public service network TV2 is here portraying Harry in a very flattering, yet factual, article here: Prins Harry på charmetur i Danmark: Skal møde kongehus og soldater, men han nævner ikke ’B-ordet’ - TV 2

I haven't got time to translate, even though it from a British perspective may be worth a read, simply to get a foreign and pretty unbiased view of Harry.

I'll say in general Harry has got a good press here in DK, especially in the way he has matured since his service in Afghanistan and his involvements with veterans and the Invictus Games.
Wounded veterans here in DK, are as a part of their therapy actively encouraged to take up sports and many of them go pretty far in that respect.
I think it's safe to predict that Harry will get a very good and positive coverage while here in DK.
Old 10-24-2017, 05:26 PM
Heir Apparent

That is very good to hear, Muhler, and I must say I am looking forward to seeing Harry and Queen Margrethe, two of my three most favourite royals of all, meeting and chatting for the first time.

Harry has a full programme while he is in Denmark, as we see from the schedule, and I'm sure he and Prince Joachim and the Danish vets, many of whom he met in Toronto, will get on like a house on fire!
Old 10-24-2017, 06:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
On the occasion of Harry's visit to DK, the public service network TV2 is here portraying Harry in a very flattering, yet factual, article here: Prins Harry på charmetur i Danmark: Skal møde kongehus og soldater, men han nævner ikke ’B-ordet’ - TV 2

I haven't got time to translate, even though it from a British perspective may be worth a read, simply to get a foreign and pretty unbiased view of Harry.

I'll say in general Harry has got a good press here in DK, especially in the way he has matured since his service in Afghanistan and his involvements with veterans and the Invictus Games.
Wounded veterans here in DK, are as a part of their therapy actively encouraged to take up sports and many of them go pretty far in that respect.
I think it's safe to predict that Harry will get a very good and positive coverage while here in DK.
Well worth bothering to translate - a good summary of Harry's mature years' work. Interesting that they interviewed UK Press for the story. It makes me think that Harry's future bios will very much fixate on "eras" in his life.

Whether you like Wills/Harry/Kate focusing on seeking help for mental health or not, I do think Harry has found an unselfish way forward since he himself sought help. Good counseling does have a strong element of "yes, it's awful and yes you are floundering, so let's figure out a way to move forward, shall we?"

I think sometimes, some people think that all this hoo hah about seeking help for issues (rather than resorting to a simple stiff upper lip) is not in the Brit National Character.

I see it the opposite way - you sit down with someone to help sort out a path that is productive. You acknowledge emotion and "feelings" and use help to plot a way to be productive beyond all that.

Thanks for sharing Muhler - as usual you have made me think about things; open my mind and see beyond the obvious.
Old 10-24-2017, 06:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I agree with you Curryong. Its not an easy thing to do when life hands you a mess of lemons.

It takes work to turn it all into lemonade and then promote that lemonade with a lemonade business to supply the thirsty public that have lemons of their own. In a nutshell, that is what Harry has done. Turned negative things in his life into positives and is ready, willing and able to share them.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 10-24-2017, 07:44 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post

Thank you Muhler for all the info on this upcoming visit which I am so looking forward to as you know Queen Daisy is a very special lady and I just adore Prince Harry. Both of these individuals will no doubt get along fabulously. I am looking forward to all your info and translations concerning this visit. Ah to be a fly on the wall doing this visit ........
Old 10-24-2017, 11:25 PM
Majesty

While it is a total given that Harry will afford Queen Margrethe the honour and respect due to her, I can't help wondering if when he is introduced to Queen Margrethe he smiles and thinks 'what a difference a generation makes' when the Queen is often called Queen Daisy by her people and the British stiff upper lip ensured that his grandmother was never called by hers. The closest they came to a pet name for a royal was "The Queen Mum". 'Daisy' just makes her seem a little closer.
Old 10-25-2017, 12:11 AM
Imperial Majesty

I think you nailed it AdmirerUS

And here is another facorable (but not going over the top) article about Harry, where he's being praised by Danish veterans: https://www.bt.dk/danmark/doed-dansk...ys-oejenaabner

Again, I don't have time for a summary, gotta go to work soon.
Old 10-25-2017, 01:49 AM
Majesty

Wow he really has two jam packed days ahead of him. I look forward to reading

I am sure he will have a good visit with the veterans and Invictus athletes. He is so passionate about it, be great for him to spend time with another team.

I also look forward to seeing him with Queen Daisy

Harry is the perfect example of making lemonade. Both his personal loss with his mother, and what he witnessed on duty. He has shaped it into a real aim.
Old 10-25-2017, 09:31 AM
Courtier

Kensington Palace‏Verified account @KensingtonRoyal 25 Oct 2017
Queen Margrethe formally welcomes Prince Harry to Denmark as he begins his two day trip.
https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...58309301116928

Tracy Schaverien‏ @TracySchaverien 25 Oct 2017
Prince Harry meets Queen Margrethe - his first stop in a 2-day official visit to Copenhagen
https://twitter.com/TracySchaverien/...64475980644352

Marc-Erwan‏ @vittart75 25 Oct 2017
Danemark : visite officielle du prince Harry accueilli à Amalienborg par la Reine Margrethe II.

Translated from French by Bing
Denmark: official visit of prince Harry met at Amalienborg by Queen Margrethe II.
https://twitter.com/vittart75/status/923165445036920833

Rookie‏Verified account @royalfocus1
25 Oct 2017 from Copenhagen, Denmark
Queen Margrethe and Prince Harry meet at Amalienborg Palace at start of two day visit #RoyalVisitDenmark #Royals #Denmark #Brexit
https://twitter.com/royalfocus1/stat...64575490543617
Old 10-25-2017, 09:55 AM
Nobility

Getty has pics
Beelden en foto's | Getty Images
Old 10-25-2017, 10:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

Harry spend about an hour at an audience with QMII: Prins Harry er ankommet til Amalienborg | BILLED-BLADET