Prince Gustav and Carina Axelsson, Current Events Part 2: Aug 2009 - June 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
c In Germany, the owner of an estate has the right to oversee it in any way he/she wishes to. If a person wrote a will leaving his entire fortune to his dog, bypassing his 15 children and wife, it would be perfectly legal (providing he was in sound mind, of course). Basically, in Germany the legal opinion is that a persona is the absolute and undisputed owner of his fortune and how he distributes it or who he names as his heir is entirely up to him.

Actually this is not right, Artemisia. We have what is called the "Pflichtteil"-clause.

Normally an estate (meaning here the whole of one's possessions) is divided by law in several parts which form the "gesetzliche Erbteil" - this "Legal inheritance" is the way the estate must provide for the relatives if no will is being made. Half of it goes to the spouse, the rest is divided through the number of children. Children of late children inherit the part their late parent would have gotten.

E.g. A man was married and had three children. One son predeceased him and left two children. Then the spouse gets half of the inheritance, each child gets a third of the second half = 1/6 and the grandchildren get their fathers 1/6, so each gets 1/12.

Each of these direct line relatives have a right to half of their "legal inheritance". That's what we call "Pflichtteil" - enforcable inheritance.

So in fact a person can only decide about one half of the estate, the other half has be given to the legal heirs.

But of course there are ways around this. In former times a "Fideikommis" was installed, a kind of trust which bound the estate and made it available only to one heir according to primogeniture. Most of these family trusts had such an equality clause.

In 1919, after WWI, in Germany these trusts were ended. But another legal form of trusts were introduced and most head of aristocratic families decided to bring the family fortune into such a family foundation in order to save inheritance tax. The chairman of the board of directos of this family foundation was the Head of the family and he in most cases could make the rules. And these can be discriminating, there's no legal way against it.

As these trusts are legal persons, there is legally no "inheritance", just a change of control of the trust. And just like you cannot legally go against the church and claim that the control over a doecese should be open to men and women, you can do nothing against the stipulation that the chairman of the trust has to marry equally.

As long as we have no information about the legal form the estate is in and the stipulations around it, we cannot say anything about it, really.

That's very interesting, Kataryn; I wasn't aware of the Pflichtteil clause.

Just one question, when was that clause adopted and, if after World War II, was it adopted retroactively?
I'm asking because if it wasn't retroactive, then it shouldn't affect wills made prior to its passing, including Gustav Albrecht's will.

I am wondering if anybody knows if they are still together? I haven't seen her or heard anything about her in some time now. Did she do her Christmas Festival this year? There where no pictures of her anywhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:

I'M sure that Danish royalty magazine Biled-Bladet would have picked up if they had parted ways!

Legally and financially the situation of Gustav and Carina is a bit complicated however so far they seem to be able to cope.

viv

That's very interesting, Kataryn; I wasn't aware of the Pflichtteil clause.

Just one question, when was that clause adopted and, if after World War II, was it adopted retroactively?
I'm asking because if it wasn't retroactive, then it shouldn't affect wills made prior to its passing, including Gustav Albrecht's will.

The clause is funded on historical Roman law, later introduced into the Code Civil of Napoleon which was the basis of our German laws. So it was always there.

Wow, am I glad I am not in her shoes! I cannot believe that such an antiquated thought process is still adhered to. It seems so silly to follow that way of thinking, I mean, hello, we are in the 21st century for cryin out loud. There has to be a way to abolish such nonsense and let this couple get on with their lives.

Carina

Yes they are still together and there is an article of them together on May 3, 2013 at some dinner and gala and there where some pictures. Hope she has learnt the lessons of life about being involved with the members of the DRF.

may be she froze her eggs? bbut better to hurry up if she wants to have kids!!!! what a tragedy for her if she really want kids!

No one stopped her from having children, and only his wish to keep the inheritance stopped them from marrying. At the end of the day it was all about free will and personal decisions they made individually or as a couple.

Hope she has learnt the lessons of life about being involved with the members of the DRF.

What do you mean? Gustav is a member of a German princely family not a member of the DRF although his mother is. His mothers family seem to accept her.

Gustav has no Danish succession rights. His particular inheritance issues have nothing to do with the DRF.

No one stopped her from having children, and only his wish to keep the inheritance stopped them from marrying. At the end of the day it was all about free will and personal decisions they made individually or as a couple.

They could have had children, illegitimate but they would have had the family and the inheritence then, so unless there were biological reasons, as NGalitzine said, it was their choice not to.

They could have had children, illegitimate but they would have had the family and the inheritence then, so unless there were biological reasons, as NGalitzine said, it was their choice not to.

There are no illegitimate children in Germany. According to the law, unmarried parents are legal parents and their children have exactly the same inheritance rights as those children who were born to married parents. The nobility at different times had different solutions for children whose parents were not married when they were born and there was a time when "illegitimate" children could inherit the title and continue the line, so even that is not necessarily handled like it would have been handled 100 years ago...

There are no illegitimate children in Germany. According to the law, unmarried parents are legal parents and their children have exactly the same inheritance rights as those children who were born to married parents. The nobility at different times had different solutions for children whose parents were not married when they were born and there was a time when "illegitimate" children could inherit the title and continue the line, so even that is not necessarily handled like it would have been handled 100 years ago...

Being accorded the same inheritance rights does not mean that they are not illegitimate, it just means that legitimately born and illegitimately born children have the same rights.

Thanks LadyFinn. :cool:

It seems everyone are writing crime-novels these days.

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #2, 2014.
Written by Annelise Weimann.

Via her blog carinaaxelsson.com Carina informs the world that her first novel about a private eye in the fahion world will be published shortly in USA and UK.
The novel has a youthful, somewhat nerdy girl named Axelle as the main character who works undercover within the fashion industry and about her Carina writes: "I love, love, love the way my detective Axelle look out through her big nerdy glasses". (A reference to the cover).

Carina Axelsson has previously written three children's books about a boy named Nigel, and now she has started to write books for older teenagers and the second book about her female detective is expected to be published next autumn.

Last edited:
Lucky Gustav, she certainly was and is a beautiful woman. And the bottom photo is not tastless imo.

Carina Axelsson 's naked image was sold at Christie's auction. Price: £1,020 - ($1,976) :whistling:

Title: Carina Marina, Cannes

ELLEN VON UNWERTH (B.1950s) | Carina Marina, Cannes, 1996 | Photographs Auction | Christie's

This image was exhibited at Fahey Klein Gallery, in Los Angeles in 2011. Ellen von Unwerth erotic photographs exhibition.

unwerth_ex_photographs_36

Billed Bladet article

ImageBam

Photos of the opening reception at Fahey /Klein Gallery, Los Angeles in 2011. This was a selection of erotic photographs from Ellen von Unwerth.

https://www.pinterest.com/fashioninsider9/carina-axelsson-by-ellen-von-unwerth/

Carina Axelsson 2nd from the left in the 2nd row

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/442126888390485800/

Carina Axelsson erotic image, 1st from the right in the 2nd row

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/442126888390485798/

Ellen von Unwerth

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/442126888390441547/

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/442126888390441543/

Last edited:
Ms Axelsson still is a single lady and can make her very own individual choices of course. As longtime companion to a future head of a non-reigning princely family, she does not face the limits or the immense public scrutiny of a Catherine of Wales, to name an example.

Prince Gustav , Heir of SWB will have no wife and no Heir.
On the family pictures his brothers in law were not on the group picture of Princess Benedikte's birthday to avoid to have Carina with the family.

Prince Gustav , Heir of SWB will have no wife and no Heir.
On the family pictures his brothers in law were not on the group picture of Princess Benedikte's birthday to avoid to have Carina with the family.

Benedikte' s brother in law, ex-king Constantine was not on the group picture either.
Those on the pic were present by coincidence.:flowers:

King Constantin is her brother in law but the 3 missings are the in laws of her 3 Children.

It's a shame they're being kept from marriage and children if they want them by something so silly.

I agree Hermione. It is a shame that these "laws" still exist as the pool of eligible partners has shrunk considerably since most were written.

It's a shame they're being kept from marriage and children if they want them by something so silly.
they can marry and have children
but Gustav want to be rich
Wealth is his priority, not marriage and children

I agree Hermione. It is a shame that these "laws" still exist as the pool of eligible partners has shrunk considerably since most were written.
The problem in this case in NOT a law. A house law would not be accepted by german Courts nowadays.

The problem is the individuell will of Gustav's grandfather, which states that the grandson (Gustav) can only inherit if he marries a noble women.

Besides, if Gustav and Carina desperately would have wanted children, they would have tried to have them. But they don't seem to be really unhappy, do they? They just make the best out of their situation.

There was never anything stopping the couple from having children. The children would have been illegitimate, born out of marriage, but that is noa problem now. The sons wouldnt have been able to inherite the furstly title but the children could still have inherited a fair amount of wealth. In the end either the couple couldnt have children or chose not to. If they chose not to then it was their choice. As you say, they seem quite happy with each other.

The bison story is really good news and im glad that after a year it seems to be going well.

The grandfather was a Nazi, plain and simple. It is not "nobility" he asked for "Ayrans". In today's day and age it is disgusting. Frankly, the family not trying to fighting this is disgusting. Inheriting a title from a Nazi is ignominious. They should have run. I suspect their is money involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom