The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #301  
Old 05-06-2014, 11:47 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NN, Lithuania
Posts: 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
It's a shame they're being kept from marriage and children if they want them by something so silly.
they can marry and have children
but Gustav want to be rich
Wealth is his priority, not marriage and children
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #302  
Old 05-06-2014, 12:48 PM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 1,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
I agree Hermione. It is a shame that these "laws" still exist as the pool of eligible partners has shrunk considerably since most were written.
The problem in this case in NOT a law. A house law would not be accepted by german Courts nowadays.

The problem is the individuell will of Gustav's grandfather, which states that the grandson (Gustav) can only inherit if he marries a noble women.

Besides, if Gustav and Carina desperately would have wanted children, they would have tried to have them. But they don't seem to be really unhappy, do they? They just make the best out of their situation.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #303  
Old 05-06-2014, 07:53 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: brisbane, Australia
Posts: 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
The problem in this case in NOT a law. A house law would not be accepted by german Courts nowadays.

The problem is the individuell will of Gustav's grandfather, which states that the grandson (Gustav) can only inherit if he marries a noble women.

Besides, if Gustav and Carina dtesperately would have wanted children, they would have tried to have them. But they don't seem to be really unhappy, do they? They just make the best out of their situation.
there was never anything stopping the couple from having children. The children would have been illegitimate, born out of marriage, but that is noa problem now. The sons wouldnt have been able to inherite the furstly title but the children could still have inherited a fair amount of wealth. In the end either the couple couldnt have children or chose not to. If they chose not to then it was their choice. As you say, they seem quite happy with each other.

The bison story is really good news and im glad that after a year it seems to be going well.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #304  
Old 05-06-2014, 08:51 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Spring Hill, United States
Posts: 2,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearghas View Post
there was never anything stopping the couple from having children. The children would have been illegitimate, born out of marriage, but that is noa problem now. The sons wouldnt have been able to inherite the furstly title but the children could still have inherited a fair amount of wealth. In the end either the couple couldnt have children or chose not to. If they chose not to then it was their choice. As you say, they seem quite happy with each other.
The grandfather was a Nazi, plain and simple. It is not "nobility" he
asked for "Ayrans". In today's day and age it is disgusting. Frankly, the family not trying to fighting this is disgusting. Inheriting a title from a Nazi is ignominious. They should have run. I suspect their is money involved.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #305  
Old 05-07-2014, 05:06 AM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 1,526
Actually the grandfather asked for both, nobility and aryan. But if the Problem with Carina were that the were not "aryan", than the court would rule against this racist part of the will. The point remains that Carina is not of noble decent.

By the way, I never heard that Carina has Jewish ancesters (that is how the Nazis defined "non-aryan" people). She probably could be defined as "aryan" if that were still a valid catogory today (which it isn't, nobody in their right senses cares about it anymore, and it certainly would hold in a German law court).
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #306  
Old 05-07-2014, 07:25 AM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 2,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
The grandfather was a Nazi, plain and simple. It is not "nobility" he
asked for "Ayrans". In today's day and age it is disgusting. Frankly, the family not trying to fighting this is disgusting. Inheriting a title from a Nazi is ignominious. They should have run. I suspect their is money involved.
But you also have to consider that the Weill was written during the Nazi Time in Germany. If the late Fürst would have come back from War and written another will he probaly would have left the aryan part out.
__________________
Stefan

Royal Travel and Events

Reply With Quote
  #307  
Old 05-07-2014, 09:08 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Posts: 49
Being aryan wasn't just a question of being of jewish descent to the nazis other peoples like the Slavs, Roma etc... was also considered non-aryan. To complicate it even more the nazis could make people "honorary aryans" if they where considered important enough to the Reich. It happened mostly to officers in the German army of partly Jewish descent or when the wife of (an prominent enough) officer had Jewish descent.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #308  
Old 05-07-2014, 09:46 AM
Muhler's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 4,967
Yeah, and the most ironic thing about all that Aryan nonsense is that, as far as I understand, the most pure aryans alive today are Northern Indians.

And as such Gypsies are more Aryan than tall, blonde, blue eyed, nordic types.
__________________
I love work, it absolutely fascinates me. I can sit for hours looking at people working.
Reply With Quote
  #309  
Old 05-07-2014, 10:00 AM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 1,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Yeah, and the most ironic thing about all that Aryan nonsense is that, as far as I understand, the most pure aryans alive today are Northern Indians.

And as such Gypsies are more Aryan than tall, blonde, blue eyed, nordic types.
Yeah, logics have never counted amoung the strength of the Nazis.

As a German I feel terribly sorry and ashamed about all the crimes commited by them. But all this is not the topic of this thread. I just wanted to stress that in Carina's case her not being noble excludes her from the will.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #310  
Old 05-07-2014, 10:15 AM
Muhler's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 4,967
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Yeah, logics have never counted amoung the strength of the Nazis.

As a German I feel terribly sorry and ashamed about all the crimes commited by them. But all this is not the topic of this thread. I just wanted to stress that in Carina's case her not being noble excludes her from the will.
You are right, Tilia C.

To be cynical this will smells more like a safeguard against a poor golddigger, or common riff raff and ensuring the social standard.
Secondary to prevent someone to marry someone of a, shall we say, undesirable skin color. In that way the grandfather probably wasn't much different than the majority of Europeans of that age.

What is interesting is that such a will, that clearly discriminate against at least non-nobles, is valid. The Aryan bit could probably be circumnavigated in court, but is a condition of nobility discrimination or not when it comes to inheritance?
Perhaps someone with a knowledge of wills can explain?
__________________
I love work, it absolutely fascinates me. I can sit for hours looking at people working.
Reply With Quote
  #311  
Old 05-07-2014, 10:30 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
You are right, Tilia C.

To be cynical this will smells more like a safeguard against a poor golddigger, or common riff raff and ensuring the social standard.
Secondary to prevent someone to marry someone of a, shall we say, undesirable skin color. In that way the grandfather probably wasn't much different than the majority of Europeans of that age.

What is interesting is that such a will, that clearly discriminate against at least non-nobles, is valid. The Aryan bit could probably be circumnavigated in court, but is a condition of nobility discrimination or not when it comes to inheritance?
Perhaps someone with a knowledge of wills can explain?

As far as I've heard at the time it was quite the standard in the third reich to have an "aryan clause" in wills since a lot of properties could only be inherited by "aryans". (I might even have read it here on the forums somewhere)
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Carina Axelsson's Fashion and Style: November 2008 - Her_Majesty Royal House of Fashion 123 05-22-2012 07:56 AM
King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia, Current Events Part 7: Sept 2008 - May 2010 Her_Majesty Current Events Archive 412 05-03-2010 08:36 PM
Prince Gustav and Carina Axelsson, Current Events & Discussion 1: July 2007-Aug 2009 PrincessDianafan Current Events Archive 485 08-02-2009 08:36 AM
Prince Gustav of Berleburg, Current Events 1: May 2003 - November 2009 toniamw Current Events Archive 76 01-10-2009 11:08 AM
King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia, Current Events Part 6: Oct 2007 - Sept 2008 Marengo Current Events Archive 125 09-18-2008 03:03 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events duchess of cambridge style fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta cristina infanta elena infanta leonor infanta sofia jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg ottoman pom prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince laurent prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess claire princess elisabeth princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess marie princess mary princess of asturias queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia spain state visit wedding william


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

RV & Travel Trailer Communities

Our RV & Travel Trailer sites encompasses virtually all types of Recreational Vehicles, from brand-specific to general RV communities.

» More about our RV Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:55 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]