Prince Gustav and Carina Axelsson, Current Events Part 2: Aug 2009 - June 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Carina shares another picture from the nature in Dorset!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bm_f_tPAeud/?taken-by=carinaaxelssonwriter

Sunset in Dorset!!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnO8-VkAjL4/?taken-by=carinaaxelssonwriter

This time Carina is sure that finished her book!!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnWm3dsA5r4/?taken-by=carinaaxelssonwriter

Carina excited about the publication of her book in France!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BntSZaBl0PD/?taken-by=carinaaxelssonwriter

Carina at the Duke’s Audience Room of Friedenstein Palace in Gotha, former HQ of the Dukes of Saxe-Gotha-Altenburg (later Saxe-Coburg and Gotha).

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqdGNyPHLCC/

Last edited by a moderator:
Too me that sounds strange that you will stay in a relationship this long and not have a ring on it yet - he might as well find a princess to marry at this point both are old

Since when does a marriage and ring prove that there is *love* in a relationship? I know people not married that have better *so called marriages* then the people that *are* married. Maybe Trolls should know that facts are needed not gossip...

Last edited:
Too me that sounds strange that you will stay in a relationship this long and not have a ring on it yet - he might as well find a princess to marry at this point both are old

Yeah, boy it's strange that Gustav would choose to be with the love of his life (who so happens to be a "commoner") over a performative marriage that would abide by a completely ridiculous clause that sounds as though it was penned in the middle ages.

Last edited:
That looks like a place worth a visit!

Is it a children's book (a fairy tale)?

How is the Relationship between Carina and Princess Benedikte

Probably fine.

I doubt the DRF would be so welcoming, also officially, towards Carina Axelsson, if she and Benedikte couldn't stand the sight of each other.

As for her late "father-in-law", Prince Richard. According to some interesting interviews some 3-4 years ago, they seemingly had a row from time to time. But I don't think that was unusual! IMO Prince Richard was the sort of man most people would quarrel with.

Didn't Gustav and Carina stay behind couple of years ago at Christmas in Bad Berleburg to take care of Prince Richard? It was the year whem QMargerthe gathered to whole family.. You don't stay behind for in-laws you don't like..

:previous:

So agree with you Eya, that is a picture perfect postcard with dogs if ever I saw one. Nice to see Carina doing her own thing and happy. Been following her for years now and she has become a author in her own right........way to go Carina!

Prince Gustav has given an interview to Billed Bladet, to be published tomorrow.
I'm very interested in what he has to say!

Thanks Muhler for the info, I am also anxious to see what he has to say. Hope things are well for both him and Carina for they deserve a happy life together.

Oh goggled brownshirts.......interesting and talk later!

Based on Ms Axelsson's instagram, one could assume that the couple separated.

Based on Ms Axelsson's instagram, one could assume that the couple separated.

Based on texts such as this one written 2 hours ago?

carinaaxelssonwriter
Looking out to sea (well, I was anyway - the girls were just listening for pheasants��) on the afternoon dog walk after a day of editing and preparing for next week’s school events...������ I’m eternally grateful for the gorgeous landscapes my girls and I enjoy both here in Dorset and the forests of Germany. ✨����✨ #authorlife #doglife #dorsetlife #

I don't think she tended to post before about her life with Gustav and she has had a 'Dorset bothole' as she calls it for about 4 years now, so yes, it does seem that she is not at home in Berleburg quite often either doing some research for a new book or writing in the tranquil environment of Dorset but maybe that works for the two of them? As it seems to have done for several years now; although I could imagine it putting a strain on any relationship. They probably also have an agreement that she doesn't post about him on her Instagram and/or other social media that she uses to promote her work; as it seems that she has been quite consistent in not including the royal side of her life.

Last edited:
Well, according to BB one of the things Gustav talks about in the interview is his relationship with Carina.

:previous: We'll have to see. I hope that one way or another both of them are doing fine.

Oh, I don't think we have to worry too much. At least not in the interview.

I hope they are both happy yet would still like to see them together. Wasn't Carina in Denmark this summer spending time with Frederik and Mary for I seem to remember a picture of her in the background with Gustav? Or it could of been the year before.........time just flies when your having fun....:lol:

I hope they are both happy yet would still like to see them together. Wasn't Carina in Denmark this summer spending time with Frederik and Mary for I seem to remember a picture of her in the background with Gustav? Or it could of been the year before.........time just flies when your having fun....[emoji38]
She was pictured with Mary during the Royal hunt as late as a few months ago.

Thanks JR76 for the info, and glad to see it was not as far out as I thought. Maybe the bolthole is a place to write and think of new stories for her books. Saw some pictures of it and so cute and comfy looking......would love to have one of my own just to live in with my dog.

Thanks JR76 for the info, and glad to see it was not as far out as I thought. Maybe the bolthole is a place to write and think of new stories for her books. Saw some pictures of it and so cute and comfy looking......would love to have one of my own just to live in with my dog.

That's how she seems to have used it for close to 4 years.

Perhaps, it is a place to go and work and think and wonder why she has to live this life dictated by a Nazi who died many years ago.

What a beautiful view posted Carina!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BstOMPsnf40/
What a lucky woman to have a home with a view like that!

I am a researcher and writer and finding a place to be innovative and creative is hard. I would love to have a place like Bolthole to stir my creativity. I suspect Carina uses it for that very reason. It's a place that helps her be creative and supports her writing.

I've done a quick reading of the interview.
It's a very long interview!
Covering his childhood.
His relationship with his mother.
And a lot about his relationship with his father.
His relationship with Carina.
His relationship with his Danish cousins and their childhood meetings at Gråsten with Queen Ingrid.
His present life and how it is to turn 50.

I will cover the various subjects in several posts.

He has realized that he has now turned 50, and sometimes it aches here and there when he wakes up... :D
He really shouldn't eat as well and as much pastry as he would like, but... :D
He loves the outdoors and hunting. Going out in the large forests around Berleburg every forenoon and afternoon with his three dogs. From his office he has a good view over part of the forest.

The family life is quite odd, I must admit!
He and Benedikte can easily spend several days at the same time at Berleburg, without seeing each other. (Gustav live in the main manor, while Benedikte live in a large secondary building.)
It seems like that while he and Carina are very fond of each other, she lives a lot if not most of the time in England. Which is the base for her writings and other work in connection with her books.

The interview was made in early January, before he turned 50. The birthday is to be celebrated quietly away from Berleburg with Carina.

He freely admits that he, just like his father, isn't the most intellectual type.
Even though Gustav is Prinz, it's a title he rarely use.

He was very fond of his father but admits that Prince Richard wasn't the most easy man to get along with.

He has very fond memories of mormor Ingrid and the summers at Gråsten with his cousins.

He explains how his mother very much miss her husband in her quiet way.

- And with that brief overview I'll go into more details later.

Segment of interview in Billed Bladet #03, 2019.
Interviewer: Henrik Salling.

About Carina.
Whom he met in 2003.
Actually his parents sensed a change in him and wondered whether he had gotten back together to his then fiancee.
"I hadn't. I had met Carina.
We are a good couple because we are so different. What we do have in common is that we love animals, especially dogs. We also love to be out in the nature and that I think is the big advantage for me and Carina."

He compares that to the relationship his parents had, Prince Richard also loved being outside while:
"My mother sure like the nature, but she doesn't go out there unless there is a reason. A hunt or because she's going riding. On the other hand they found each other in the joy of horses.
I developed allergy or some kind of hayfever towards horses. My morfar (Frederik IX), who hated riding, always said: Horses are dangerous. To the front the bite. To the rear they kick. And in the middle they are slippery so that you fall off.
That's a description I use today.
But Carina and I are also different. She reads a lot and is very curious. If I read a book a year, she reads two a week. And then she plays the piano. I don't do that at all. And then she pokes me.
That's why I have of course asked Carina why she want's to be with me, if she believe I'm a bit - uncultured - But you are so maddeningly sweet and there is something about you, I like so much, she says."

Not having children himself he revel in the role as uncle to his sister's children. In fact his nephew, Richard, now sleep in Gustav's old childhood room when he visits Berleburg.
"I love being an uncle and my Nephew, Richard who is now 19 and who will soon graduate from high school, is someone with whom I have a lot of contact.
As a child he always wanted to drive in the car with uncle Gustav. I see myself in my father and I see myself in him. He sort of walks in my footsteps."
But there is also 15 year old Ingrid.
As well as the little ones, Konstantin and Louisa.
"The three others I can't teach so much yet. The youngest ones just look at me and say: Ohhh, uncle Gustav...
Comtesse Ingrid is thriving at Herlufsholm (DK boarding school) in Denmark. Egeskov Castle has become Ingrid's home after my sister has found love with Michael (Ahlefeldt-Laurvig-Bille)."

Part 2.

About Benedikte's grief and his relationship with his mother.

"When my mother and I are both at Berleburg we see each other from time to time. But there can easily go days between that. That's just how it is.
My mother is after all my mother...
She's insanely sweet but also very regal.
Since the death of my father everything has changed. Berleburg was her home and when she came my father was here. You can tell that something is missing. My father isn't sitting, waiting for her - or the other way around; she waited for him to come back from the forest.
I still think that she believes that now my father is coming home in the car. But then it's just me. The door goes up and he is no longer coming in, while he roars.
We can laugh at that, but it's a big change and I think it's easier for her, when she's in Copenhagen. In Berleburg someone is missing in the other side of the bed.

Denmark will always come first with my mother. Always Denmark. When the Queen calls and ask if my mother can come to Denmark, she will come. The Queen can trust her sister 100 % and they have a good relationship, even though the two of them are very different."

Well, there really isn't that much more about Benedikte. I guess that while he had a close relationship with his father, the relationship with his mother, albeit very loving, wasn't as close as the relationship Benedikte has with her daughters.

However, he was very fond of his mormor, Queen Ingrid!
" - And I'm especially fond of the way my mormor has influenced us. She was the one who held the family together. It's because of her that we cousins are as close as we are today. We have a totally incredible relationship. When we oldest (male) cousins are together, we have such a cozy time."
(The cousins being Gustav, Frederik, Joachim, Pavlos and Nikolaos. And later on Philippos.)
Our mormor did something that I think is a good example on how to run a family. She gathered us in the summer at Gråsten Manor. There we (male) cousins started doing things together. And when we are together today we have an incredible cozy time. We are after all very different and as a consequence that everyone now have families, we see each other less, but Crown Prince Frederik and Prince Joachim and I are very close.
I go to Copenhagen about four times a year. We often write each other and talk on the phone as well.
Frederik was mormor's Goldschatz (darling, pet, favorite) But there was never jealousi between us. When we were at Gråsten wwe boys played soccer and tried to shoot the ball over the manor. From the lake side across to the yard. If we hit a window that broke our mormor came out and asked: Who was it?
Then we all pointed at Frederik, after which mormor said: You mustn't do that again.
When mormor had gone, Frederik asked: Why do you all point at me?
And we did that because he would never get a scolding.
My mormor really knew how to bring the family together."

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom