Opening of Parliament (Folketinget) 2003-2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Josefine

Majesty
Country
Sweden

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 1,005
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 1,011
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 955
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 1,063
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 982
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 1,034
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 980
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 965
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 1,091
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 1,069
Last edited by a moderator:
Pictures by ImageScandinavia

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 865
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 947
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 1,565
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 821
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 849
Another from Polfoto

Attachments

• ch076250_guest.jpg
    ch076250_guest.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 914
Copyright Imagine Scandinavia/Berggren 10000, Köpenhamn, Sverige. Queen Margrethe of Denmark at the opening today at Christiansborg, Copenhagen, of the Danish Parliament.

Copyright Imagine Scandinavia/Berggren 10000, Köpenhamn, Sverige. Queen Margrethe of Denmark at the opening today at Christiansborg, Copenhagen, of the Danish Parliament.

Attachments

• 07_Frederik_Royal_3.jpg
    07_Frederik_Royal_3.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 841
  • 07_Frederik_Royal_2.jpg
    07_Frederik_Royal_2.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 1,297
Nice Pictures!
I love the car, the Royal Family used. Queen Margrethe and Princess Alexandra looked smart in their attires! Princess Alex looked serious during the whole affair.

I like the place wherein they are sitting. More beauty was added because of the clock.

Opening of Danish Parliament: October 5, 2004

Today Queen Margrethe will open the Danish Parliarment.Will Fred and mary attend?

Yep!!! Everyone attended, including the newly divorced J&A (there some really excellent pics of the two of them at the opening!)

Some from POLFOTO

Attachments

• e.JPG
    e.JPG
    34 KB · Views: 1,086
  • f.JPG
    f.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 1,739
  • d.JPG
    d.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 1,220
  • b.JPG
    b.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 1,425
  • a.JPG
    a.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 1,432
  • C.JPG
    C.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 1,296
nice pics! It is so nice to see all of them together.
Though Princess Alex was wearing the same attire as of the one she wore last may but I still love it for it is one of my most favorite attire of hers. Great attire also by Princess Mary.

Thanks for the pictures micas. Here is a picture series from www.bt.dk

Attachments

• 250288.JPG
    250288.JPG
    25.9 KB · Views: 3,357
  • 250286.JPG
    250286.JPG
    18.3 KB · Views: 3,140
  • 250290.JPG
    250290.JPG
    21.2 KB · Views: 3,250
  • 250292.JPG
    250292.JPG
    17.6 KB · Views: 5,512
  • 250294.JPG
    250294.JPG
    17.3 KB · Views: 3,291
  • 250296.JPG
    250296.JPG
    20.1 KB · Views: 3,120
  • 250298.JPG
    250298.JPG
    20.1 KB · Views: 3,318
Thanks Mandy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mary is wearing the engagement jakect. Very elegant

Does Mary have a little bump? :D Just kidding...

I started thinking that one could make a song that goes "Mary had a little bump..."

Mary have a litle bump, that never grow, grow, grow.........................

Some more pics. ( i love that shoses)

Attachments

• b.JPG
    b.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 991
  • f.JPG
    f.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 1,081
  • e.JPG
    e.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 1,440
  • d.JPG
    d.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 1,060
  • c.JPG
    c.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 1,155
  • a.JPG
    a.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 1,050
Is Mary snoozing?
Picture from www.dr.dk

Here is the picture series.​

Attachments

• 95273a.jpg
    95273a.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 2,998
  • 95275a.jpg
    95275a.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 3,067
  • 95276a.jpg
    95276a.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 3,018
  • 95278a.jpg
    95278a.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 3,210
Last edited:
It seems like Mary was not feeling well. She looks rather upset.

Jasl said:
Yep!!! Everyone attended, including the newly divorced J&A (there some really excellent pics of the two of them at the opening!)
Eeeks! Just a small correction: They're not actually divorced yet. And I'm hoping that just maybe they can work out their differences.

I Know. They have to do what's best for them, but I remember watching their wedding on tv, and I just hate the thought of them calling it quits (yes, they should stay together for me, lol :))

opening of parliament

Thanks so much for the pics. If J & A could put up such a good show of unity (like today, and I congratulate them) , wish they could have put up such a show for the sake of their boys and stay married. The whole family looks so nice together.

Mary looks upset, though. Morning sickness??:)

COPENHAGEN, DENMARK: Danish Crown Prince Frederik (R) makes a point to Crown Princess Mary during the opening ceremony of the Danish Parliament 05 October 2004 in Copenhagen. In background Princess Alexandra who was recently separated from Prince Joachim, brother of Frederik. AFP PHoto/Keld Navntoft/SCANPIX (Photo credit should read KELD NAVNTOFT/AFP/Getty Images

Attachments

• 51404604.jpg
    51404604.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 855
  • 4543.jpg
    4543.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 3,017
  • 435345.jpg
    435345.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 3,052
I too hope that Alexandra and Joachim will reconcile.

I am a big fan of mary's fashion but I must say she didn't look well today. I didn't like her dress, the coat was nice (from the engagement). But the hat absolutely did not suit her. She looked dowdy with that brown monstrosity of a hat with that absurd bow on the side.
Princess Alexandra, on the other hand, looked as elegant as ever. With her beautiful blue dress and pearls. Joachim and her looked so good together, why are they divorcing????? I know, because they have problems, but they make such a perfect couple that I can't help wishing that they get back together again.
Anyways, thanks for the pics everyone. You guys are the BEST!

Last edited:
This must be a joke. I just don't see why they are going to get a divorce. I totally hope they can work somehting out. Alexandra belongs in her position. Just think-after the divorce she won't be at official meetings and stuff. So sad... :(

Hi
Yes I also think Mary looked quite bad in that outfit. Is that really the same jacket as the engagement???????

About Mary's outfit: The jacket is wonderful and the darker dress underneath it wasn't so bad. Although I wonder why she didn't wear that pretty light pink/beige dress she wore at the engagement press conference with the jacket; that was a much better dress than the dark one from today. The shoes (also from the engagement) were the second best part of her outfit aside from the jacket. The hat however, was horrendous. And what was with the bow or tie thing at the side?!

Benedikte looked really great however.

As for Alexandra and Joachim: From the few pictures I saw of the couple interacting during the opening, if I didn't know better I couldn't tell at all that they were divorcing. They seemed perfectly normal and natural together, talking and interacting. It is obviously not an acrimonious seperation.

And it is just me or did everyone seem incredibly bored with the opening of parliament? The Dutch royals didn't seem all that happy to be at their opening of parliament either.

michelleq said:
I too hope that Alexandra and Joachim will reconcile.
What I hope is that they do what is best for them and their family and I wish them happiness.

i really like Crown Princess Mary's engagement's dress before but i like same dresses what Mary wores!

Sara Boyce

Thanks for all the pictures, they all look great :) We still love Mary's jacket and we think her clothes is nice, but we don't like the hat....

Oooh, I hope she's pregnant!!! :D That would be so exciting! But then I would feel a bit sorry for them. It's so wonderful to be newlyweds and not have a care in the world so if I was them I would wait before I started having children.

maybe she is feeling unwell, maybe a cold or morning sickness either way she looked lovely and J & A seem like they never seperated, i really hope they get back together and they fix there problems...

I hope J & A will get back together as well. However, if there was the slightest chance that they might have solved their problems, I don't think the court would have announced the separation. I'm afraid they have reached the point of no return. When I see the pictures of them I see relief. They have announced their separation and the people didn't take it too bad. They still have a good relationship and are able to be good parents to their boys and that's wonderful! But I don't think that they will get back together.

Cissan said:
Oooh, I hope she's pregnant!!! :D That would be so exciting! But then I would feel a bit sorry for them. It's so wonderful to be newlyweds and not have a care in the world so if I was them I would wait before I started having children.
Exactly. Moreover, I hope she gets comfortable in her role before having children. It can be quite daunting otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom