Opening of Parliament (Folketinget) 2003-2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wonderful pictures Madeleine:flowers:

Frederik looks like a slob, dear I say as usual, can`t he get the same tailor as his brother or wife?

Last edited:
i'm so proud maddedk the first photo of post 160 is from seeger with your credit WOW that is so cool. the photos on your website are a don't miss, perfect as usual, attention to detail, you're a great artist thanks for sharing with all of us.

i'm laughing with you larzen but on him its such a sexy crumpled look, and i do look forward to when he wears his wild velvet coats, he's never boring just like his dad.

Wonderful pics Madeleine!
I love Mary's outfit, it looks very nice... She is for me kind of fresh wind in DRF, she makes every ocasion very special :flowers:

Thanks for the pics Madeleine!

Call me crazy..and maybe I need to see it on video...but every time Mary does a curtesy I think she is going fall. No one does it like Mette Marit! And say what you want about Jochaim...but the man knows how to wear a suit!

Zonk said:
Thanks for the pics Madeleine!

Call me crazy..and maybe I need to see it on video...but every time Mary does a curtesy I think she is going fall. No one does it like Mette Marit! And say what you want about Jochaim...but the man knows how to wear a suit!

Yes, I also think that Joachim knows how to wear a suit. He looks very good in them.
Larzen, he may look like a slob, but he's a sexy slob...does that make sense? I highly doubt it...;)

Mary looks absolutley gorgeous!!!
Is always great to see family together!
Mary seems to have fun talking with prince Joaquin and her husband FrederiK!!!
It´s always great to see this couple together!!

Larzen said:

Frederik looks like a slob, dear I say as usual, can`t he get the same tailor as his brother or wife?
judging from the pant length he could very well have the same tailor as his brother.

judging from the pant length he could very well have the same tailor as his brother.
:lol:

Mary looks really nice as usualy. Love the coat. :)

Yes.
When I look on this photo for the first time I thought that Mary's bowing to Henrik's stomach not to the Queen:lol:

This is by far the nicest day outfit that I have seen Mary wear in a while. The coatdress is very flattering on her.

Thanks!

Linda Hsu...thanks very much.

Well...talk about awkward:neutral: It was nice of her to curtesy but it looked like no one noticed but the cameraman :ohmy: Shouldn't have Frederick done as well? And now that I have seen it for myself..its confirmed...Mette Marit does it better.

O.k. now why did Mary bow to them? I know it's the Queen and her consort (Prince Henrick is consort or not?) but they are her in-laws and she's Crown Princess....I thought she was also going to bow to Princess Benedikte and Joachim! Thanks for the video Linda Hsu!

I think that no matter if she's Crown Princess, the Queen and Prince Henrik outrank her and therefore by protocol, she has to curtsey. Although Mary's the most junior of the bunch, she still is more senior than Benedikte and Joachim now, I think. She doesn't curtsey to them, although before, while she and Fred were still engaged, she had to.

Larzen said:

I agree, it isn't really the style or the material as it is the fit. The jackets are never buttoned at the bottom, thus showing his tie and the sleeve length and pant length and tapering is off.

MaddeDK said:
You're welcome. And so is everyone else :)

One more.. taken about 15 seconds after the first one - only Henrik is paying attention..

pic23.jpg

Oh, and the shoes have been used before..

To me, it seems as if they were making fun of her (of course, they are not, but it seems that way). Why do they have to laugh like that? It seems, even to them, so ridiculous to do that in this time and age. She looks odd. The whole thing looks odd. Just an opinion.

Zonk said:
Linda Hsu...thanks very much.

Well...talk about awkward:neutral: It was nice of her to curtesy but it looked like no one noticed but the cameraman :ohmy: Shouldn't have Frederick done as well? And now that I have seen it for myself..its confirmed...Mette Marit does it better.

Ah, but alas, you need more than a perfect curtsy to be a crown princess! ;) :rolleyes:

I'm not sure about the Opening of the Danish Parliament, but if anyone can explain does Queen Margrethe II actually gives out the Speech like Queen Elizabeth II, King Harald V, King Carl XVI Gustav or Queen Beatrix?Because it seems that Queen Margrethe sits together with her husband, sons, daughter-in-law and sister not on the throne to deliver the speech like others?

HMQueenElizabethII said:
I'm not sure about the Opening of the Danish Parliament, but if anyone can explain does Queen Margrethe II actually gives out the Speech like Queen Elizabeth II, King Harald V, King Carl XVI Gustav or Queen Beatrix?Because it seems that Queen Margrethe sits together with her husband, sons, daughter-in-law and sister not on the throne to deliver the speech like others?

The danish Queen does not speak at the opening of parliament. As the official (not political) head of state she and her family are just present to show their approval of the Folketing (parliament). In Denmark the regent has no political power but it's still her who have to sign the laws before they are valid. She is a symbolic figure. That's the same with the opening of parliament - she has nothing to say but she has to be there to make the opening valid. That's why she sits on a balcony far from the political discussions on the floor...

:)

Larzen said:

I think he is wearing his brothers clothes.:ermm: The trousers and sleeves always look too long and he never does up the bottom button on his jackets.
I would seriously love to take him shopping and give him advice on wearing suits. Maybe he is a stubborn person and doesn't take advice very well.

From polfoto

From imagine

Last edited:
Loving Mary's coat!! It's gorgeous
The Queen looks great as well :flowers: Hope she's recovering well from her surgery

A HELLO! magazine article:

MARY AND VICTORIA STYLISH AT PARLIAMENT OPENINGS
Two of Europe's most popular princesses were fulfilling one of their more formal duties on Tuesday as they attended the openings of parliament for their respective countries. And, true to form, Mary of Denmark and Victoria of Sweden added their own inimitable sense of style to the proceedings.
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2006/10/04/princess-mary/

Madde, your pics are amazing, as always!

crisscross1 said:
I think he is wearing his brothers clothes.:ermm: The trousers and sleeves always look too long and he never does up the bottom button on his jackets.
I would seriously love to take him shopping and give him advice on wearing suits. Maybe he is a stubborn person and doesn't take advice very well.

Or could it perhaps be because every tailor and fashion minded person would tell you that you are never suposed to do up the bottom button on your jacket when wearing a suit? :ermm: Just a thought....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suit_%28clothing%29

well my opinion after I saw the video is that the Queen almoust ignore Princes Mary, she wanted to kiss her twice but it seams that she didn't want that to happen. Princess Mary is beautiful as always! Very stylish

Last edited:
Opening of Parliament - October 2nd, 2007

The Danish Opening of Parliament will occur on October 2nd :flowers:

HM the Queen, HRH the Prince Consort, HRH the Crown Prince, HRH the Crown Princess, HRH Prince Joachim and HRH Princess Benedikte are the usual participants of this events.

There is no calender entry on kongehuset.dk about the event, but from the Crown Prince Couple's website:
"Folketingets åbning
Tirsdag 2. oktober 2007 kl. 12:00
Kronprinsparret overværer Folketingets åbningsmøde i Folketingssalen, Christiansborg"

:)

Mary is wearing a lightish colour, looks like a light brown maybe?
Benedikte is wearing a sort-of pillbox hat-ish type hat with the tulleish stuff on it

I saw a grey-ish outfit for Mary..but my connection is not a good quality!
And Benedikte's hat is definitely ...interesting!:D
Edit: you are right, JessRulz, it's light brown!

Last edited:
I saw a grey-ish outfit for Mary..but my connection is not a good quality!
And Benedikte's hat is definitely ...interesting!:D

You're right, Mary's outfit is more grey-ish than brown-ish. See this picture from Polfoto :)

Queen Margrethe looks as if she is already sleeping by now... :lol: - she is probably not the only one :rolleyes:

Queen Margrethe looks as if she is already sleeping by now... :lol: - she is probably not the only one :rolleyes:

Yep, many parliamentary members I've seen look as if they're thinking, "one sheep; two sheep; three sheep; zzzzzz" :D:D

ETA: Picture of Mary, Frederik, Joachim, Benedikte & Margrethe looking quite bored :D
Another picture of Mary & Frederik

(Polfoto)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom