Opening of Parliament (Folketinget) 2003-2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
so Mary will be back from her trip! I can't wait to see the pictures

In light of the recent outfits worn by Princess Marie, I just hope that she will make an effort and carefully choose an outfit.

Margrethe wears black.
Mary wears dark red.
Marie wears a brown (?) hat.

Josette

:previous:

The Queen is wearing, as Josette says, black.
Crown Princess Mary is wearing her cream and red printed coat, with her red Philip Treacy hat.
Princess Mary is wearing a brown hat (looks :eek: in the video) and a white jacket.

Paty;833308[URL="http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/3659/downloadpicturepreviewdel9.jpg" said:
[/URL]

Videos of the Royal Family arriving at Christiansborg Palace.

http://www.infocast.dk/bt/mediamaker.php?id=4443&category=165/

I don't know about anyone else but this video is awful. The royals look about 3 ft tall and as round as an orange. The second one is great though. I love Mary's hair with the curl and Marie looks beautiful too. I love the way her prince waits with his arm at the ready. Terribly romantic :wub:

I've always liked the coat and hat which Mary is wearing today. However, I could do without the curly-cue hair do. Marie's outfit looks good ... but, the hat is way too big (high) for her size. She looks out of proportion.

Kudos to Benedikte for having today's best royal look!

Hello everyone - Let's please leave the fashion discussion in the fashion forums. If you have anything to add about the opening of parliament though, this is the correct thread.

Thanks

Empress - Danish Forums Moderator

A few things

1 - Marie wanted to be hand by hand with her husband when she stpe out of the car but...it wasn't time yet Marie...a lot to learn:rolleyes:!
2 - Did you see how Frederick ste out of the car?It was not a formal atitude IMO!
3 - Did you saw that frederick didin't wait for his wife and Joaquim did?
4 - Marie looks elegant although hat doesn't flatter her at all
5 - Hate Mary's hair but it looks different and for that she has my applause
6 - Love her coat, always did!

A couple of more clips from today: [URL="http://ekstrabladet.tv/nyheder/indland/article1066931.ece"]Here[/URL] and [URL="http://jp.dk/webtv/webtv_indland/?movieId=16836&Id=1479070"]here[/URL]. Plus a [URL="http://multimedia.jp.dk/archive/00126/Kronprinsesse_Mary__126247e.jpg"]funny photo[/URL] of Princess Benedikte, who looks cross, and Joachim who always seems to be caught [URL="http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/02lv9ey0LH4eM/610x.jpg"]gazing at Mary[/URL] during Parliament (I've noticed he's done this the past several openings.) Marie looks lost and otherwise bored (guessing that she still doesn't understand the language at this point; thus that is why she looks confused with a faux smile), and Frederik looks beyond happy with Mary.

Last edited:
Ladies are great today!!! Hope to see more pics!!

I love mary's hair!! it looks relly good on her! she wears the coat she wore when she was pregnant of Isabella! it's really nice!

Marie is also very elegant!

HRH Princess Mary looks beautiful, as always.
Love Mary's hair.

1 - Marie wanted to be hand by hand with her husband when she stpe out of the car but...it wasn't time yet Marie...a lot to learn:rolleyes:!
2 - Did you see how Frederick ste out of the car?It was not a formal atitude IMO!
3 - Did you saw that frederick didin't wait for his wife and Joaquim did?
4 - Marie looks elegant although hat doesn't flatter her at all
5 - Hate Mary's hair but it looks different and for that she has my applause
6 - Love her coat, always did!

When Frederik got out of the car I thought he looked like a popstar! Very casual. He went on up the stairs without waiting on Mary and couldn't seem to shake the hands quick enough lol

This family makes me laugh when they get together for an event like this. Some of the members look refined and giving an effort to pretend to be with it. Others look way too goofy/awkward to be royalty. A bunch of misfits is what I see when I see them at times.

As for Joachim supposedly always "gazing at Mary". For one it doesn't look like he is even looking at Mary. He appears to be looking over her and further to the left(or right for him). That whole line about him always being caught gazing at Mary kind of creeped me out. Weird implication, if you ask me!

This family makes me laugh when they get together for an event like this. Some of the members look refined and giving an effort to pretend to be with it. Others look way too goofy/awkward to be royalty. A bunch of misfits is what I see when I see them at times.

As for Joachim supposedly always "gazing at Mary". For one it doesn't look like he is even looking at Mary. He appears to be looking over her and further to the left(or right for him). That whole line about him always being caught gazing at Mary kind of creeped me out. Weird implication, if you ask me!

Weird? Far from it... especially when it has happened several times before, and I'm not the only one who has noticed this not only on TRF, but other royalty sites as well.

Now that is "weird", Aurora810.

It looks like it was a beautiful day outside. Everyone looks happy to be there, especially Mary. In the pictures that have been posted, Joachim looks as if he is so excited to be there with Marie.

I have to say that I sometimes feel sorry for Marie when she has to make public appearances alongside Mary. Mary, as always, looks chic and glamorous and Marie, though beautiful, seems plain by comparison. Marie's clothing and hats don't suit each other or her IMO.

Ladies are great today!!! Hope to see more pics!!

I love mary's hair!! it looks relly good on her! she wears the coat she wore when she was pregnant of Isabella! it's really nice!

Marie is also very elegant!

By the way, mentioning the coat let's hope we have some baby news soon!:wub:

Joachim looks as if he is so excited to be there with Marie.

Thats what I thought too. He cares for her so well during public events.

As for Joachim supposedly always "gazing at Mary". For one it doesn't look like he is even looking at Mary. He appears to be looking over her and further to the left(or right for him).

I have to agree, he does not seem to me to be looking at Mary.
I am not familiar with the parliament building, but is there something else he could be looking at?

Mary has worn this coat plenty of times w/o being pregnant.

Thats true, but she also wore it when she was, so let people hope ;) :flowers:

I just came back to the thread because i wanted to say that it is great to see 2 princesses - I was an occassional rather than avid royal watcher during Alexandra's time (although I have seen the pictures retrospectively); so I really enjoyed this.

Did anyone notice whether Mary was wearing her engagement ring again, by any chance?

i really don't like that 40s hairstyle mary went for. it doesn't look neat or elegant in my opinion. i have always loved that coat of hers though. i think marie was elegant and appropriate (nothing too flashy) and her updo's always look very neat. perhaps she just needs to work on her danish in order to follow these sort of events a bit better. margrethe and benedikte are both just perfect.

Weird? Far from it... especially when it has happened several times before, and I'm not the only one who has noticed this not only on TRF, but other royalty sites as well.

Now that is "weird", Aurora810.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Gee, so sensitive!!!! Glad you put me in my place!

I don't care about these supposed other times he has been caught gazing at Mary. My point was that I did not agree that he is looking at Mary. But whatever! Honestly who the heck cares who he looks at. Geesh, so sorry to step on toes. This is the exact reason why I hardly ever post anymore.

Mhm... well I think that Mary and Marie genuinely like each other. Pictures can't lie they seem comfortable with each other. I'd like to see if they become close friends

Back
Top Bottom