The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-03-2006, 12:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Wonderful pictures Madeleine

Frederik looks like a slob, dear I say as usual, can`t he get the same tailor as his brother or wife?

Old 10-03-2006, 01:11 PM
Serene Highness

i'm so proud maddedk the first photo of post 160 is from seeger with your credit WOW that is so cool. the photos on your website are a don't miss, perfect as usual, attention to detail, you're a great artist thanks for sharing with all of us.

i'm laughing with you larzen but on him its such a sexy crumpled look, and i do look forward to when he wears his wild velvet coats, he's never boring just like his dad.

Old 10-03-2006, 02:20 PM
Serene Highness

Wonderful pics Madeleine!
I love Mary's outfit, it looks very nice... She is for me kind of fresh wind in DRF, she makes every ocasion very special
Old 10-03-2006, 02:24 PM
Administrator

Thanks for the pics Madeleine!

Call me crazy..and maybe I need to see it on video...but every time Mary does a curtesy I think she is going fall. No one does it like Mette Marit! And say what you want about Jochaim...but the man knows how to wear a suit!
Old 10-03-2006, 02:32 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk
Thanks for the pics Madeleine!

Call me crazy..and maybe I need to see it on video...but every time Mary does a curtesy I think she is going fall. No one does it like Mette Marit! And say what you want about Jochaim...but the man knows how to wear a suit!
Yes, I also think that Joachim knows how to wear a suit. He looks very good in them.
Larzen, he may look like a slob, but he's a sexy slob...does that make sense? I highly doubt it...
Old 10-03-2006, 03:15 PM
Aristocracy

Mary looks absolutley gorgeous!!!
Is always great to see family together!
Mary seems to have fun talking with prince Joaquin and her husband FrederiK!!!
It´s always great to see this couple together!!
Old 10-03-2006, 03:19 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen

Frederik looks like a slob, dear I say as usual, can`t he get the same tailor as his brother or wife?
judging from the pant length he could very well have the same tailor as his brother.
Old 10-03-2006, 03:33 PM
Gentry

Quote:
judging from the pant length he could very well have the same tailor as his brother.

Mary looks really nice as usualy. Love the coat.
Old 10-03-2006, 03:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes.
When I look on this photo for the first time I thought that Mary's bowing to Henrik's stomach not to the Queen
Old 10-03-2006, 05:31 PM
Nobility

This is by far the nicest day outfit that I have seen Mary wear in a while. The coatdress is very flattering on her.
Old 10-03-2006, 05:54 PM
Administrator

Thanks!

Linda Hsu...thanks very much.

Well...talk about awkward It was nice of her to curtesy but it looked like no one noticed but the cameraman Shouldn't have Frederick done as well? And now that I have seen it for myself..its confirmed...Mette Marit does it better.
Old 10-03-2006, 06:02 PM
Courtier

O.k. now why did Mary bow to them? I know it's the Queen and her consort (Prince Henrick is consort or not?) but they are her in-laws and she's Crown Princess....I thought she was also going to bow to Princess Benedikte and Joachim! Thanks for the video Linda Hsu!
Old 10-03-2006, 06:56 PM
Courtier

I think that no matter if she's Crown Princess, the Queen and Prince Henrik outrank her and therefore by protocol, she has to curtsey. Although Mary's the most junior of the bunch, she still is more senior than Benedikte and Joachim now, I think. She doesn't curtsey to them, although before, while she and Fred were still engaged, she had to.
Old 10-03-2006, 07:01 PM
Nobility

Quote:

I agree, it isn't really the style or the material as it is the fit. The jackets are never buttoned at the bottom, thus showing his tie and the sleeve length and pant length and tapering is off.
Old 10-03-2006, 07:42 PM
Courtier

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddeDK
You're welcome. And so is everyone else :)

One more.. taken about 15 seconds after the first one - only Henrik is paying attention..

Oh, and the shoes have been used before..

To me, it seems as if they were making fun of her (of course, they are not, but it seems that way). Why do they have to laugh like that? It seems, even to them, so ridiculous to do that in this time and age. She looks odd. The whole thing looks odd. Just an opinion.
Old 10-03-2006, 10:29 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk
Linda Hsu...thanks very much.

Well...talk about awkward It was nice of her to curtesy but it looked like no one noticed but the cameraman Shouldn't have Frederick done as well? And now that I have seen it for myself..its confirmed...Mette Marit does it better.
Ah, but alas, you need more than a perfect curtsy to be a crown princess!
Old 10-04-2006, 12:17 AM
Heir Apparent

I'm not sure about the Opening of the Danish Parliament, but if anyone can explain does Queen Margrethe II actually gives out the Speech like Queen Elizabeth II, King Harald V, King Carl XVI Gustav or Queen Beatrix?Because it seems that Queen Margrethe sits together with her husband, sons, daughter-in-law and sister not on the throne to deliver the speech like others?
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 10-04-2006, 01:38 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMQueenElizabethII
I'm not sure about the Opening of the Danish Parliament, but if anyone can explain does Queen Margrethe II actually gives out the Speech like Queen Elizabeth II, King Harald V, King Carl XVI Gustav or Queen Beatrix?Because it seems that Queen Margrethe sits together with her husband, sons, daughter-in-law and sister not on the throne to deliver the speech like others?
The danish Queen does not speak at the opening of parliament. As the official (not political) head of state she and her family are just present to show their approval of the Folketing (parliament). In Denmark the regent has no political power but it's still her who have to sign the laws before they are valid. She is a symbolic figure. That's the same with the opening of parliament - she has nothing to say but she has to be there to make the opening valid. That's why she sits on a balcony far from the political discussions on the floor...

Old 10-04-2006, 02:32 AM
Courtier

Quote:

I think he is wearing his brothers clothes. The trousers and sleeves always look too long and he never does up the bottom button on his jackets.
I would seriously love to take him shopping and give him advice on wearing suits. Maybe he is a stubborn person and doesn't take advice very well.
Old 10-04-2006, 05:28 AM
Heir Apparent

From polfoto

From imagine

Tags
alexandra, alexandra manley, benedikte, countess alexandra, countess of frederiksborg, crown prince frederik, crown princess mary, frederik, joachim, margrethe, margrethe ii, mary, mary donaldson, opening of parliament, prince frederik, prince joachim, princess alexandra, princess benedikte, queen margrethe