Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

A gallery of Marie from the opening

Se prinsesse Maries kække hat fra Folketinget

Old 10-06-2010, 06:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissP View Post
Thanks Marika and Dazzling.

I'm not sure I liked Mary's coat but it did suit her, and pattern and style-wise did disguise her bump. She has an immense curtsey though! On the pictures I wondered what she doing, and then in the video I saw it in action. I think she has bouncy shins!

I thought Marie looked stunning. The whole outfit was gorgeous, and she shone.
Both Princesses "nailed" the "look" at this event. Their styles are uniquely different although both have great legs and their stilletto's were impressive!

I have to admit I was wondering how they chose their outfits. Did someone go outside with a wind meter the check, someone must have going on the large hatpins Queen Margrethe, Princess Benedikte and CP Mary were sporting!

Old 10-06-2010, 10:44 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
Mary looked great. Nothing clashing. Bold, clashing means "not going together". It is more important to ask why anyone curtseys, which is riduclous. Lord knows, pregnant with twins that was quite an effort.
Mmmm....green yellow and blue in the coat with a black hat and plum gloves??? Maybe my computer screen is acting up...
Old 10-06-2010, 05:37 PM
Gentry

Love Mary Jacket, and Marie's outfit
Old 10-07-2010, 08:10 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Another article and gallery from BB

Kongelige pletskud! Se de flotte hatte
Old 10-07-2010, 09:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Tidbits from an article in Billed Bladet #40, 2010.
Familietræf i Folketinget - Family gathering in the Parliament.
Written by Annelise Weimann.

The bouquets the various ladies of the DRF were recieced with were created by florist Bjarne Als, who has composed all the royal bouquets presented to the DRF at the opening of the Parlament, for the past ten to fifteen years.
He had no idea what they would be wearing, so he is pretty delighted with the result this year.

Annelise Weimann claim that Mary's coat was new, I'll leave it to the resident experts here to confirm that.

There was however a lone demonstrator who from the galleries demanded to give a speech. That happened about half an hour before the DRF arrived I understand and I've read that he had some mental issues. He was very quickly apprehended and taken away by police.

Our reporter noticed something and I will translate in full because neither the reporter nor I know what happened
The Opening of the Parliament is a solomn affair and normally the faces are appropriately straight, when the PM enters the rostrum. Crown Prince Frederik however did however provide amusing entertainment for the first few minuttes as he apparantly wasn't in complete agreement about where he should sit.
Even though everyone has had predetermined seats for year after year and Frederik always sit between his mother and his wife, it looked like he would like to swap (places). No one apparantly understood what he was trying to do and his attempt ended in big smiles and laughs from the entire Parliament (Mp's naturally).
Prince Henrik eventually had to wipe tears from his eyes, but finally calm settled in and Prime Minister Lars Løkke Rasmussen, could mount the rostrum.

So anyone have an idea about what went on?
Old 10-07-2010, 09:52 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

All the posts discussing curtseying and the Danish order of precedence and protocol have been moved to a new, specific thread - The Danish Order of Precedence. Please continue the interesting discussion there.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:17 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Tidbits from an article in Billed Bladet #40, 2010.
Familietræf i Folketinget - Family gathering in the Parliament.
Written by Annelise Weimann.

The bouquets the various ladies of the DRF were recieced with were created by florist Bjarne Als, who has composed all the royal bouquets presented to the DRF at the opening of the Parlament, for the past ten to fifteen years.
He had no idea what they would be wearing, so he is pretty delighted with the result this year.

Annelise Weimann claim that Mary's coat was new, I'll leave it to the resident experts here to confirm that.

There was however a lone demonstrator who from the galleries demanded to give a speech. That happened about half an hour before the DRF arrived I understand and I've read that he had some mental issues. He was very quickly apprehended and taken away by police.

Our reporter noticed something and I will translate in full because neither the reporter nor I know what happened
The Opening of the Parliament is a solomn affair and normally the faces are appropriately straight, when the PM enters the rostrum. Crown Prince Frederik however did however provide amusing entertainment for the first few minuttes as he apparantly wasn't in complete agreement about where he should sit.
Even though everyone has had predetermined seats for year after year and Frederik always sit between his mother and his wife, it looked like he would like to swap (places). No one apparantly understood what he was trying to do and his attempt ended in big smiles and laughs from the entire Parliament (Mp's naturally).
Prince Henrik eventually had to wipe tears from his eyes, but finally calm settled in and Prime Minister Lars Løkke Rasmussen, could mount the rostrum.

So anyone have an idea about what went on?
I just re-watched the video and it appears that QM walked too far into her row and would have sat in Frederik's seat. Frederik noticed and rightly pointed her back a seat. QM turned around a bit and saw her mistake and stepped back over to her chair. It happened rather quickly and then it looks like they joked about it before finally sitting down.

It happens at about 1:05 in this video:

Tvillingemaven i Folketinget - TV 2 Nyhederne

As an aside, I have a hard time believing that the florist didn't know the colors of the outfits ahead of time because they really did match perfectly. Benedikte's was a total match. QM's coordinated with her blouse. Mary's reflected the fall tones of her outfit. Good work!
Old 10-07-2010, 04:42 PM
Aristocracy

Mary's courtsey was kinda weird I thought she would give birth right there Scary stuff
Old 10-08-2010, 05:02 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

and a gallery by purepeople. Quite like picture 4 of Joachim & Marie together
Another great picture gallery
Old 10-08-2010, 05:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorgirl View Post
I just re-watched the video and it appears that QM walked too far into her row and would have sat in Frederik's seat. Frederik noticed and rightly pointed her back a seat. QM turned around a bit and saw her mistake and stepped back over to her chair. It happened rather quickly and then it looks like they joked about it before finally sitting down.

It happens at about 1:05 in this video:

Tvillingemaven i Folketinget - TV 2 Nyhederne

As an aside, I have a hard time believing that the florist didn't know the colors of the outfits ahead of time because they really did match perfectly. Benedikte's was a total match. QM's coordinated with her blouse. Mary's reflected the fall tones of her outfit. Good work!
A sort of, what do you call it in English? Chair dance? You know, where the is one chair less than the number of people.
Old 10-08-2010, 05:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Musical chairs

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 10-08-2010, 07:14 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
A sort of, what do you call it in English? Chair dance? You know, where the is one chair less than the number of people.
Musical chairs!! LOL
Old 10-08-2010, 09:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Regarding the matching flowers. I understand the royal advance team lets the people know ahead of time what colors the royals will be wearing and they can then have flowers that match the outfits.
Old 10-12-2010, 04:56 PM
Royal Highness

I wonder if one of the twins was giving a kick when this photo was taken

PPE Agency
Old 10-12-2010, 05:43 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
I wonder if one of the twins was giving a kick when this photo was taken

PPE Agency
Do you mean this photo?http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Oct2010/PPE10100531.jpg Most likely - the twins have been pretty active!
Old 10-13-2010, 06:27 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
Do you mean this photo?http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Oct2010/PPE10100531.jpg Most likely - the twins have been pretty active!
Yes thank you Terri Terri! I have never been able to get a direct link up for PPE
Old 10-13-2010, 06:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

^^^ The twins were probably bored!
Old 08-24-2011, 01:16 PM
Majesty

how many openiengs has alexandra, mary and marie taken part in, is there anywere you can see photos through the years
Old 08-24-2011, 01:56 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine View Post
how many openiengs has alexandra, mary and marie taken part in, is there anywere you can see photos through the years
This thread starts in 2004

2004 – Mary, Alexandra
2005 – Neither Mary, Alexandra nor Marie.
2006 - Mary
2007 – Mary
2008 – Mary and Marie
2009 – Mary and Marie
2010 – Mary and Marie

Tags
alexandra, alexandra manley, benedikte, countess alexandra, countess of frederiksborg, crown prince frederik, crown princess mary, frederik, joachim, margrethe, margrethe ii, mary, mary donaldson, opening of parliament, prince frederik, prince joachim, princess alexandra, princess benedikte, queen margrethe