The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-08-2008, 11:18 AM
Courtier

I wonder if Fred and Joachim made a bet to see how long it would take before their mother nodded off. Naughty, naughty!

Stellad

Old 10-08-2008, 11:25 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneeuwklokje View Post
They are rather a funny lot of people, this Danish RF, aren't they? Fred is making an entrance like a popstar (and is dressed accordingly, get some lessons from your brother...), seems to forget that he is there with Mary, who shares his popstar looks and behaviour (only on her it somehow looks good, I love that coat and her hairdo), Benedikte is the epitome of Royal elegance (now that's how you dress for an occasion like this), Joachim seems to be the real King of Denmark (at least he is behaving like he is), Marie is his dim, demure and bored sidekick, who really has to grow up and to top it all off the Queen appears completely dressed in black. I know, these are not the best of economic times, but it can't be that bad! Only Henrik seems to be himself, with his usual "apres moi la déluge" look.
The correct version is "après moi le déluge".

Old 10-08-2008, 12:08 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgl View Post
Wow! This is a terrible photo of Marie. They caught her at a moment where she was either deep in thought, or bored. Poor Marie!
At least she managed to keep her eyes open. I would have fallen into a heavy sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDane View Post
In Marie's defence - that opening speech by the prime minister can bore everyone to death!
Nobody has died yet - which is a miracle - but often some MP's are taking a nap during the speech. It happens every year.

Quote:
Trust EkstraBladet to have captured her majesty in a weak moment Ekstra Bladet - Fogh talte Margrethe i søvn - and see the look exchanged between Frederik and Joachim
Wonderfull photo
Old 10-08-2008, 03:12 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

from Gala.de

http://www.gala.de/asset/Image/bilde...k-071008_g.jpg
http://www.gala.de/asset/Image/bilde...2-071008_g.jpg

Old 10-08-2008, 03:33 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Do the prince's & princess's arrive before the Queen? I thought they arrive together.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
... [snipped]
Trust EkstraBladet to have captured her majesty in a weak moment Ekstra Bladet - Fogh talte Margrethe i søvn - and see the look exchanged between Frederik and Joachim
Thanks for sharing such great photo, UserDane!
Well, Princes seemed to have great time while waiting for a boring event to be over. It is nice to see them to have warm relationships.
Old 10-08-2008, 04:29 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Do the prince's & princess's arrive before the Queen? I thought they arrive together.
The Queen alwayes arrives last. The others arrives in accordance with the succesion to the throne. Princess Benedicte first, then Prince Joachim and wife and then The CP Couple.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Maty and Marie hasve a similar hat! , where is the photos of the Queen and her husband, sorry I can not find it!
I think the Dutch have a little bit more glamorous opening of the parlament that the Danish but I love to see it anyway! I wonder was Marie is thinking while is the spaeach in danish!!!!!
Old 10-08-2008, 05:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
In Marie's defence - that opening speech by the prime minister can bore everyone to death! I am usually interested in politics but I have still not managed to sit through the whole of these opening speeches in front of the telly!

...and then, if you have an hour or more of random still shots of persons sitting through a session of this nature, it isn't difficult to pick some where the object looks bored/uninterested/silly or what have you

This photo is hilarious! They all have very funny looks on their faces.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:00 PM
Aristocracy

I think Mary is trying to hard, and Marie looks perfect! If Marie had showed up to this event less stylish, she would be branded that for awhile in the papers. But she didn't; she got it right. {Deleted conjectures}
Old 10-08-2008, 10:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
where is the photos of the Queen and her husband, sorry I can not find it!
There are plenty earlier in the thread ashelen, and the Queen's back is in the front of this picture posted by HM a couple of posts ago:http://www.gala.de/asset/Image/bilde...k-071008_g.jpg
Old 10-09-2008, 12:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmi View Post
There are plenty earlier in the thread ashelen, and the Queen's back is in the front of this picture posted by HM a couple of posts ago:http://www.gala.de/asset/Image/bilde...k-071008_g.jpg
Thank you so much darling! you are an star!
Old 10-09-2008, 02:56 AM
Nobility

Watching the video of the royal family's arrival I think who ever was filming it must have forgotten that tha queen was due as you don't see her car arrive, she just appears at the foot of the steps.
Is there a procession from the palace to parliament? and why don't they use carriages instead of cars? People would get a better view if they did that.
Old 10-09-2008, 05:50 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melania View Post
I think Mary is trying to hard, and Marie looks perfect! If Marie had showed up to this event less stylish, she would be branded that for awhile in the papers. But she didn't; she got it right. {Deleted conjectures}
Exactly my feelings: the in your-face colours of Marys hat and dress are calling out loud: look at me!( yes I know she wore that ensembe before ). I am very surprised about Marie : she seems to be very relaxed about being compared to Mary. She dressed very low key, not interested at all in stealing her sister-in-laws show. What a cool girl.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:47 AM
Royal Highness

Thank you for all the nice pictures Paty I can't get enough of that coat of Mary's - and I love it that she has the good sense of reusing it so many times. Very prudent, very well suited to the occasion - and spot-on.
Marie is adorable too - not quite as well put together clothes-wise as Mary but they seem to get along really well and I have every hope that Mary's good sense of dressing herself and her extraordinary sense of occasion will be transformed to Marie as well in a short while
Old 10-09-2008, 07:04 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneeuwklokje View Post
Fred is making an entrance like a popstar (and is dressed accordingly, get some lessons from your brother...)
Oh, I love Fred's look! He doesn't look like a popstar to me. I think he looks like every other 40-year old Scandinavian man in the middle of his career. He has a young but sombre and serious look. Joachim on the other hand looks as if he inherited his suits from his father. You would want the king to be a man of his time...
Old 10-09-2008, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iain View Post
Is there a procession from the palace to parliament? and why don't they use carriages instead of cars? People would get a better view if they did that.
I would like to know this as well, can anyone tell me, sorry us.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santacruz View Post
Exactly my feelings: the in your-face colours of Marys hat and dress are calling out loud: look at me!( yes I know she wore that ensembe before ). I am very surprised about Marie : she seems to be very relaxed about being compared to Mary. She dressed very low key, not interested at all in stealing her sister-in-laws show. What a cool girl.
Maybe Mary didnt dress low key because she is the future Queen? Marie is not, she has to dress according to her status, which is lower than Mary. Marie is the second wife of the second son of the Queen. It is only appropriate that Marie dresses lower key than Mary.

How can you tell she is not interested in stealing Mary's show? I'm a little puzzled.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:51 AM
Aristocracy

To dress according to her status? Ahem, this is the 21st century, there definetely is room to decide how to dress, even for princesses...
Old 10-09-2008, 09:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

Yes, this is the 21st century, and we still have royals! And we also know there is protocol linked with royalty regarding status. So i still stand by my opinion.
Also, you didnt answer my question, which was how can you tell Marie is not interested in stealing Mary's limelight.

Tags
alexandra, alexandra manley, benedikte, countess alexandra, countess of frederiksborg, crown prince frederik, crown princess mary, frederik, joachim, margrethe, margrethe ii, mary, mary donaldson, opening of parliament, prince frederik, prince joachim, princess alexandra, princess benedikte, queen margrethe