The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-03-2006, 07:42 PM
Courtier

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddeDK
You're welcome. And so is everyone else :)

One more.. taken about 15 seconds after the first one - only Henrik is paying attention..

Oh, and the shoes have been used before..

To me, it seems as if they were making fun of her (of course, they are not, but it seems that way). Why do they have to laugh like that? It seems, even to them, so ridiculous to do that in this time and age. She looks odd. The whole thing looks odd. Just an opinion.

Old 10-03-2006, 10:29 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk
Linda Hsu...thanks very much.

Well...talk about awkward It was nice of her to curtesy but it looked like no one noticed but the cameraman Shouldn't have Frederick done as well? And now that I have seen it for myself..its confirmed...Mette Marit does it better.
Ah, but alas, you need more than a perfect curtsy to be a crown princess!

Old 10-04-2006, 12:17 AM
Heir Apparent

I'm not sure about the Opening of the Danish Parliament, but if anyone can explain does Queen Margrethe II actually gives out the Speech like Queen Elizabeth II, King Harald V, King Carl XVI Gustav or Queen Beatrix?Because it seems that Queen Margrethe sits together with her husband, sons, daughter-in-law and sister not on the throne to deliver the speech like others?
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 10-04-2006, 01:38 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMQueenElizabethII
I'm not sure about the Opening of the Danish Parliament, but if anyone can explain does Queen Margrethe II actually gives out the Speech like Queen Elizabeth II, King Harald V, King Carl XVI Gustav or Queen Beatrix?Because it seems that Queen Margrethe sits together with her husband, sons, daughter-in-law and sister not on the throne to deliver the speech like others?
The danish Queen does not speak at the opening of parliament. As the official (not political) head of state she and her family are just present to show their approval of the Folketing (parliament). In Denmark the regent has no political power but it's still her who have to sign the laws before they are valid. She is a symbolic figure. That's the same with the opening of parliament - she has nothing to say but she has to be there to make the opening valid. That's why she sits on a balcony far from the political discussions on the floor...

Old 10-04-2006, 02:32 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
Wonderful pictures Madeleine

Frederik looks like a slob, dear I say as usual, can`t he get the same tailor as his brother or wife?
I think he is wearing his brothers clothes. The trousers and sleeves always look too long and he never does up the bottom button on his jackets.
I would seriously love to take him shopping and give him advice on wearing suits. Maybe he is a stubborn person and doesn't take advice very well.
Old 10-04-2006, 05:28 AM
Heir Apparent

From polfoto

From imagine

Old 10-04-2006, 06:31 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

Loving Mary's coat!! It's gorgeous
The Queen looks great as well Hope she's recovering well from her surgery

A HELLO! magazine article:

MARY AND VICTORIA STYLISH AT PARLIAMENT OPENINGS
Two of Europe's most popular princesses were fulfilling one of their more formal duties on Tuesday as they attended the openings of parliament for their respective countries. And, true to form, Mary of Denmark and Victoria of Sweden added their own inimitable sense of style to the proceedings.
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty...princess-mary/

Madde, your pics are amazing, as always!
Old 10-04-2006, 10:26 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisscross1
I think he is wearing his brothers clothes. The trousers and sleeves always look too long and he never does up the bottom button on his jackets.
I would seriously love to take him shopping and give him advice on wearing suits. Maybe he is a stubborn person and doesn't take advice very well.
Or could it perhaps be because every tailor and fashion minded person would tell you that you are never suposed to do up the bottom button on your jacket when wearing a suit? Just a thought....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suit_%28clothing%29
Old 10-04-2006, 10:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

well my opinion after I saw the video is that the Queen almoust ignore Princes Mary, she wanted to kiss her twice but it seams that she didn't want that to happen. Princess Mary is beautiful as always! Very stylish
Old 09-20-2007, 03:47 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Opening of Parliament - October 2nd, 2007

The Danish Opening of Parliament will occur on October 2nd

HM the Queen, HRH the Prince Consort, HRH the Crown Prince, HRH the Crown Princess, HRH Prince Joachim and HRH Princess Benedikte are the usual participants of this events.

There is no calender entry on kongehuset.dk about the event, but from the Crown Prince Couple's website:
"Folketingets åbning
Tirsdag 2. oktober 2007 kl. 12:00
Kronprinsparret overværer Folketingets åbningsmøde i Folketingssalen, Christiansborg"

Old 10-02-2007, 05:44 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Watch the Opening of Parliament at the following link:

http://www.direktetv.folketinget.dk/ (thanks jema!)

Choose either Modem, ISDN or Broadband at the right hand side

Old 10-02-2007, 06:02 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Mary is wearing a lightish colour, looks like a light brown maybe?
Benedikte is wearing a sort-of pillbox hat-ish type hat with the tulleish stuff on it
Old 10-02-2007, 06:04 AM
Courtier

I saw a grey-ish outfit for Mary..but my connection is not a good quality!
And Benedikte's hat is definitely ...interesting!
Edit: you are right, JessRulz, it's light brown!
Old 10-02-2007, 06:09 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybelline View Post
I saw a grey-ish outfit for Mary..but my connection is not a good quality!
And Benedikte's hat is definitely ...interesting!
You're right, Mary's outfit is more grey-ish than brown-ish. See this picture from Polfoto
Old 10-02-2007, 06:11 AM
Courtier

it must depend on the lights!!!
Old 10-02-2007, 06:23 AM
Royal Highness

Queen Margrethe looks as if she is already sleeping by now... - she is probably not the only one
Old 10-02-2007, 06:25 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDane View Post
Queen Margrethe looks as if she is already sleeping by now... - she is probably not the only one
Yep, many parliamentary members I've seen look as if they're thinking, "one sheep; two sheep; three sheep; zzzzzz"

ETA: Picture of Mary, Frederik, Joachim, Benedikte & Margrethe looking quite bored
Another picture of Mary & Frederik

(Polfoto)
Old 10-02-2007, 06:54 AM
Royal Highness

LOL - this type of pictures are taken every year on the opening of Parliament

...and no announcement of an engagement between Joachim and Marie Cavallier - as some of the Danish tabloids had speculated about. Even the commentator for DR1 said 'So, no engagement announcement'....
Old 10-02-2007, 07:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

It must be a quite boring act, I understand very well their faces!!!
I would be surprise with an announcement so early, Joaquim has left a broken marriage just a few years ago so I think he must wait for a new commitment and be sure that Marie is the one and they are not dating for so long!!!!
Old 10-02-2007, 07:12 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessRulz View Post
Yep, many parliamentary members I've seen look as if they're thinking, "one sheep; two sheep; three sheep; zzzzzz"
Good Heavens, I had not realised how much like her late mother Princess Benedikte is.

Tags
alexandra, alexandra manley, benedikte, countess alexandra, countess of frederiksborg, crown prince frederik, crown princess mary, frederik, joachim, margrethe, margrethe ii, mary, mary donaldson, opening of parliament, prince frederik, prince joachim, princess alexandra, princess benedikte, queen margrethe