The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #241  
Old 10-06-2010, 05:42 AM
dazzling's Avatar
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: -, France
Posts: 18,323
A gallery of Marie from the opening

Se prinsesse Maries kække hat fra Folketinget
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #242  
Old 10-06-2010, 06:42 AM
MARG's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 3,901
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissP View Post
Thanks Marika and Dazzling.

I'm not sure I liked Mary's coat but it did suit her, and pattern and style-wise did disguise her bump. She has an immense curtsey though! On the pictures I wondered what she doing, and then in the video I saw it in action. I think she has bouncy shins!

I thought Marie looked stunning. The whole outfit was gorgeous, and she shone.
Both Princesses "nailed" the "look" at this event. Their styles are uniquely different although both have great legs and their stilletto's were impressive!

I have to admit I was wondering how they chose their outfits. Did someone go outside with a wind meter the check, someone must have going on the large hatpins Queen Margrethe, Princess Benedikte and CP Mary were sporting!
__________________

__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
Reply With Quote
  #243  
Old 10-06-2010, 10:44 AM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
Mary looked great. Nothing clashing. Bold, clashing means "not going together". It is more important to ask why anyone curtseys, which is riduclous. Lord knows, pregnant with twins that was quite an effort.
Mmmm....green yellow and blue in the coat with a black hat and plum gloves??? Maybe my computer screen is acting up...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #244  
Old 10-06-2010, 05:37 PM
lyndell75's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Northern California, United States
Posts: 85
Love Mary Jacket, and Marie's outfit
__________________
Violet Flower
Reply With Quote
  #245  
Old 10-07-2010, 08:10 AM
dazzling's Avatar
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: -, France
Posts: 18,323
Another article and gallery from BB

Kongelige pletskud! Se de flotte hatte
Reply With Quote
  #246  
Old 10-07-2010, 09:25 AM
Muhler's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 4,994
Tidbits from an article in Billed Bladet #40, 2010.
Familietræf i Folketinget - Family gathering in the Parliament.
Written by Annelise Weimann.

The bouquets the various ladies of the DRF were recieced with were created by florist Bjarne Als, who has composed all the royal bouquets presented to the DRF at the opening of the Parlament, for the past ten to fifteen years.
He had no idea what they would be wearing, so he is pretty delighted with the result this year.

Annelise Weimann claim that Mary's coat was new, I'll leave it to the resident experts here to confirm that.

There was however a lone demonstrator who from the galleries demanded to give a speech. That happened about half an hour before the DRF arrived I understand and I've read that he had some mental issues. He was very quickly apprehended and taken away by police.

Our reporter noticed something and I will translate in full because neither the reporter nor I know what happened
The Opening of the Parliament is a solomn affair and normally the faces are appropriately straight, when the PM enters the rostrum. Crown Prince Frederik however did however provide amusing entertainment for the first few minuttes as he apparantly wasn't in complete agreement about where he should sit.
Even though everyone has had predetermined seats for year after year and Frederik always sit between his mother and his wife, it looked like he would like to swap (places). No one apparantly understood what he was trying to do and his attempt ended in big smiles and laughs from the entire Parliament (Mp's naturally).
Prince Henrik eventually had to wipe tears from his eyes, but finally calm settled in and Prime Minister Lars Løkke Rasmussen, could mount the rostrum.

So anyone have an idea about what went on?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #247  
Old 10-07-2010, 09:52 AM
JessRulz's Avatar
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 4,786
All the posts discussing curtseying and the Danish order of precedence and protocol have been moved to a new, specific thread - The Danish Order of Precedence. Please continue the interesting discussion there.
__________________
**TRF Rules and FAQ**
Reply With Quote
  #248  
Old 10-07-2010, 10:17 AM
windsorgirl's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Tidbits from an article in Billed Bladet #40, 2010.
Familietræf i Folketinget - Family gathering in the Parliament.
Written by Annelise Weimann.

The bouquets the various ladies of the DRF were recieced with were created by florist Bjarne Als, who has composed all the royal bouquets presented to the DRF at the opening of the Parlament, for the past ten to fifteen years.
He had no idea what they would be wearing, so he is pretty delighted with the result this year.

Annelise Weimann claim that Mary's coat was new, I'll leave it to the resident experts here to confirm that.

There was however a lone demonstrator who from the galleries demanded to give a speech. That happened about half an hour before the DRF arrived I understand and I've read that he had some mental issues. He was very quickly apprehended and taken away by police.

Our reporter noticed something and I will translate in full because neither the reporter nor I know what happened
The Opening of the Parliament is a solomn affair and normally the faces are appropriately straight, when the PM enters the rostrum. Crown Prince Frederik however did however provide amusing entertainment for the first few minuttes as he apparantly wasn't in complete agreement about where he should sit.
Even though everyone has had predetermined seats for year after year and Frederik always sit between his mother and his wife, it looked like he would like to swap (places). No one apparantly understood what he was trying to do and his attempt ended in big smiles and laughs from the entire Parliament (Mp's naturally).
Prince Henrik eventually had to wipe tears from his eyes, but finally calm settled in and Prime Minister Lars Løkke Rasmussen, could mount the rostrum.

So anyone have an idea about what went on?
I just re-watched the video and it appears that QM walked too far into her row and would have sat in Frederik's seat. Frederik noticed and rightly pointed her back a seat. QM turned around a bit and saw her mistake and stepped back over to her chair. It happened rather quickly and then it looks like they joked about it before finally sitting down.

It happens at about 1:05 in this video:

Tvillingemaven i Folketinget - TV 2 Nyhederne

As an aside, I have a hard time believing that the florist didn't know the colors of the outfits ahead of time because they really did match perfectly. Benedikte's was a total match. QM's coordinated with her blouse. Mary's reflected the fall tones of her outfit. Good work!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #249  
Old 10-07-2010, 04:42 PM
Anne83's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Atlanta, United States
Posts: 120
Mary's courtsey was kinda weird I thought she would give birth right there Scary stuff
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #250  
Old 10-08-2010, 05:02 AM
dazzling's Avatar
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: -, France
Posts: 18,323
and a gallery by purepeople. Quite like picture 4 of Joachim & Marie together
Another great picture gallery
Reply With Quote
  #251  
Old 10-08-2010, 05:40 AM
Muhler's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 4,994
Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorgirl View Post
I just re-watched the video and it appears that QM walked too far into her row and would have sat in Frederik's seat. Frederik noticed and rightly pointed her back a seat. QM turned around a bit and saw her mistake and stepped back over to her chair. It happened rather quickly and then it looks like they joked about it before finally sitting down.

It happens at about 1:05 in this video:

Tvillingemaven i Folketinget - TV 2 Nyhederne

As an aside, I have a hard time believing that the florist didn't know the colors of the outfits ahead of time because they really did match perfectly. Benedikte's was a total match. QM's coordinated with her blouse. Mary's reflected the fall tones of her outfit. Good work!
A sort of, what do you call it in English? Chair dance? You know, where the is one chair less than the number of people.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #252  
Old 10-08-2010, 05:47 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Melbourne & Sydney, Australia
Posts: 3,983
Musical chairs
__________________

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Reply With Quote
  #253  
Old 10-08-2010, 07:14 PM
mellie's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: melbourne, Australia
Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
A sort of, what do you call it in English? Chair dance? You know, where the is one chair less than the number of people.
Musical chairs!! LOL
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #254  
Old 10-08-2010, 09:00 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: San Francisco, United States
Posts: 2,033
Regarding the matching flowers. I understand the royal advance team lets the people know ahead of time what colors the royals will be wearing and they can then have flowers that match the outfits.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #255  
Old 10-12-2010, 04:56 PM
crm2317's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Belfast, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,888
I wonder if one of the twins was giving a kick when this photo was taken

PPE Agency
__________________
God Save the House of Windsor
Reply With Quote
  #256  
Old 10-12-2010, 05:43 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bridgetown, Barbados
Posts: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
I wonder if one of the twins was giving a kick when this photo was taken

PPE Agency
Do you mean this photo?http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Oct2010/PPE10100531.jpg Most likely - the twins have been pretty active!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #257  
Old 10-13-2010, 06:27 PM
crm2317's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Belfast, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
Do you mean this photo?http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Oct2010/PPE10100531.jpg Most likely - the twins have been pretty active!
Yes thank you Terri Terri! I have never been able to get a direct link up for PPE
__________________
God Save the House of Windsor
Reply With Quote
  #258  
Old 10-13-2010, 06:49 PM
4Pam's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: N/A, United States
Posts: 2,767
^^^ The twins were probably bored!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #259  
Old 08-24-2011, 01:16 PM
Josefine's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: , Sweden
Posts: 9,168
how many openiengs has alexandra, mary and marie taken part in, is there anywere you can see photos through the years
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #260  
Old 08-24-2011, 01:56 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 17,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine View Post
how many openiengs has alexandra, mary and marie taken part in, is there anywere you can see photos through the years
This thread starts in 2004

2004 – Mary, Alexandra
2005 – Neither Mary, Alexandra nor Marie.
2006 - Mary
2007 – Mary
2008 – Mary and Marie
2009 – Mary and Marie
2010 – Mary and Marie
__________________

__________________
We Will Remember Them.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
alexandra, alexandra manley, benedikte, countess alexandra, countess of frederiksborg, crown prince frederik, crown princess mary, frederik, joachim, margrethe, margrethe ii, mary, mary donaldson, opening of parliament, prince frederik, prince joachim, princess alexandra, princess benedikte, queen margrethe


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Opening of Parliament: 2003-2008, 2010-2013 Alexandria Royal House of Jordan 179 01-02-2014 02:30 AM
Opening of the Parliament (Stortinget) 2004,2006 - 2011 Mandy Royal House of Norway 77 10-11-2013 05:19 PM
Opening of Parliament 2013 LadyFinn Royal House of Sweden 19 09-18-2013 02:52 PM
Opening of Parliament 2004 Alisa Royal House of Sweden 38 01-19-2005 05:13 PM
Opening of Parliament 2003 Josefine Royal House of Sweden 14 01-13-2004 05:15 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events diana fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta elena jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympic games ottoman pieter van vollenhoven pom pregnancy president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince laurent prince pieter-christiaan princess princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess claire princess elisabeth princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess marie princess marilene princess mary queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia spain state visit wedding william


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

RV & Travel Trailer Communities

Our RV & Travel Trailer sites encompasses virtually all types of Recreational Vehicles, from brand-specific to general RV communities.

» More about our RV Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:38 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]