Official Visit from Norway to Denmark: November 7-8, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
more from yesterday from seegerpress :

more & more from seegerpress of day 1 :

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2005/11/08/norwegianroyals/

marytit.gif

Just three weeks after giving birth to a little boy, Crown Princess Mary has taken up her public duties again with habitual style, attending celebrations in Copenhagen to mark 100 years of Norway's independence...

Attachments

• danesnor-dop2a.jpg
    danesnor-dop2a.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 437
  • danesnor-dop1a.jpg
    danesnor-dop1a.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 358
  • danesnor-dop3a.jpg
    danesnor-dop3a.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 386
more from ANP of day 1 :

and 2 more of the arrival :

Great to hear about your experience meeting Haakon and Frederik Anne! How lucky you are to be conversing with two future Kings -- and not bad looking ones at that!

It's nice to hear that they are both so friendly. And I loved the anecdotes about their experiences as fathers. Thanks for sharing! :)

Alexandria said:
Great to hear about your experience meeting Haakon and Frederik Anne! How lucky you are to be conversing with two future Kings -- and not bad looking ones at that!

It's nice to hear that they are both so friendly. And I loved the anecdotes about their experiences as fathers. Thanks for sharing! :)
It was definitely an experience for life.

(And later today I got a mail responding to a job application I sent in on Sunday, where the due date for the applications are November 20th, but they called me in for an interview this Friday, so this is definitely my week. I should buy a lottery ticket.)

Norwegienne,
Thank you for telling us about your visit. I enjoy hearing the personal stories of meetings with the royals...it gives one small piece of the puzzle about what these people might be like and over time, and with enough anecdotes, one can begin to understand their personalities a bit better. Haakon is one of my favorite CP's -- I think he seems to have alot of depth and compassion, so I am always interested to hear about him!

Thanks again,
Emily

wow! That was indeed a very nice opportunity for you to meet the members of the DRF and NRF. How nice of you!!!!! You are so lucky...

Thank you very much, Norwegianne, for sharing your experiences with us!
As I can say you did very well.
Good luck for your interview on friday!

Thank you so much for sharing your royal experience with us, Anne! What a day you must've had - how fantastic! It was nice to hear about the conversation topics too, getting some peeks "behind the scenes", stuff that one can't get from pictures, is always nice.

Good luck on your interview, I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Congratulations on your experience, anne..
it's very good to hear! looking forward for more stories from you... :eek:

Photos from today from polfoto.

Reception at Schaeffergarden in Gentofte

Polfoto 08-11-2005 Dronning Sonja, prins Henrik, dronning Margrethe og kong Harald V stod klar til modtagelsen af gæsterne - her skibsreder Mærsk Mc-Kinney Møller, da der tirsdag var frokost for de kongelige på Schæffergården i Gentofte. Kong Harald V, dronning Sonja samt kronprins Haakon aflægger et festbesøg i Danmark i forbindelse med markeringen af 100-året for Norges selvstændighed og den danske Prins Carls ankomst til Norge og kåring som Kong Haakon VII.

Attachments

• ch145598_guest.jpg
    ch145598_guest.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 311
  • ch145599_guest.jpg
    ch145599_guest.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 343
  • ch145600_guest.jpg
    ch145600_guest.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 374
Last edited:
Today, Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Prince Haakon visit Skørping School at Schæffergården in Gentofte, where CPH awards a "Peace in the Playground" prize. (translation by pmb from SRMB)

Polfoto 08-11-2005 Kronprins Frederik og kronprins Haakon lytter til undervisningsminister Bertel Haarder, inden kronprins Haakon tirsdag overrakte prisen i skolekonkurrencen "Fred i Skolegården" til 7.c fra Skørping Skole på Schæffergården i Gentofte. Kong Harald V, dronning Sonja samt kronprins Haakon aflægger et festbesøg i Danmark i forbindelse med markeringen af 100-året for Norges selvstændighed og den danske Prins Carls ankomst til Norge og kåring som Kong Haakon VII.

Attachments

• ch145619_guest.jpg
    ch145619_guest.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 1,040
  • ch145622_guest.jpg
    ch145622_guest.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 295
  • ch145621_guest.jpg
    ch145621_guest.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 1,062
  • ch145620_guest.jpg
    ch145620_guest.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 984
Last edited:
Today, Press conference

Polfoto 08-11-2005 Pressen var mødt talstærkt frem, da der tirsdag var pressemøde med dronning Sonja og kong Harald V på Schæffergården i Gentofte. Kong Harald V, dronning Sonja samt kronprins Haakon aflægger et festbesøg i Danmark i forbindelse med markeringen af 100-året for Norges selvstændighed og den danske Prins Carls ankomst til Norge og kåring som Kong Haakon VII.

Attachments

• ch145617_guest.jpg
    ch145617_guest.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 291
  • ch145618_guest.jpg
    ch145618_guest.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 279
  • ch145616_guest.jpg
    ch145616_guest.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 292
Last edited:
Thanks for sharing Anne! And good luck on Friday!

Exerpts from article

I've translated some exerpts from an article in www.aftenposten.no where Queen Sonja is commenting on the first meeting with the newborn prince. Whether it is within the 20 % limit I don't know, as maths is not my forte :rolleyes:

He is a lovely boy
Queen Sonja and the Norwegian royal family met today the little Danish heir.

Queen Sonja confirmed Tuesday afternoon that the royal family had met the Danish prince for the first time. [...]

“We have been so lucky to meet him, and he is a lovely little boy. The people of Denmark can be happy” Queen Sonja said during a press meeting this afternoon. [...]

Crown Prince Haakon will most likely be one of the godparents, but as aftenposten.no understands the christening will not be held before new year. One of the reasons is that Mary’s family will be travelling from Australia to participate in the christening. [...]

http://www.aftenposten.no/nyheter/kongelige/article1152129.ece

Lena said:
Thank you for sharing the pictures.
The Queen looks stunning :eek: She definitely knows, how to appear like a real fairy tale queen.

She recycles her dresses often. Which I think is wonderful. She wore that dress to the dinner for Frederik and Mary the night before they got married last year.

Re:

And when she was on her State Visit to Japan.

Thank you all for the pictures.

Anne, thank you for the first person account. What an experience to have had and a part of history to be in. How lucky you are. :)

They do both look like very open and kind princes.

:( It's sad that Alex and Joachim came seperately, I wonder if they ever regretted getting divorced? Do they speak or sit together on these occasions?!

auntie said:
:( It's sad that Alex and Joachim came seperately, I wonder if they ever regretted getting divorced? Do they speak or sit together on these occasions?!

They both seem to have moved on, as they both have new partners. And, they seem civil and even happy together, when with their children, at occassions, ect.

They, IMO, arrive separately to avoid the appearance of being together again, the public loved them, and while the public knows that it was an amicable divorce, I think it would be weird for everyone involved to have them seen together, (as if they were a couple) all the time.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 1,105
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 273
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 278
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 301
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 954
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 240
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 264
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 251
  • d.jpg
    d.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 268
And more from Colourpress

Attachments

• za.jpg
    za.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 304
  • zb.jpg
    zb.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 283
  • zc.jpg
    zc.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 259
  • zd.jpg
    zd.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 237
  • ze.jpg
    ze.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 201
  • zg.jpg
    zg.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 293
And a few more from Colourpress

Attachments

• z.jpg
    z.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 440
  • zh.jpg
    zh.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 226
  • zi.jpg
    zi.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 304
  • zj.jpg
    zj.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 294
  • zk.jpg
    zk.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 217
  • zl.jpg
    zl.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 288
ysbel said:
Hi Mette2, unfortunately no I didn't. I can't understand Danish. :eek: I'm sure it sounded different if you heard it. :)

BTW, were the Norwegian royals speaking Danish or Norwegian? Are the two languages close enough that you can understand each other?

Hi again Ysbel. Yes, unfortunately I can't put the tone of the press conference into writing.:D But yes, it definitely sounded better than I can write it. The Danish reporters meant no offense by their questions, and the royal family were very relaxed, and were smiling and laughing. I definitely didn't get the impression that they were offended by the questions.
As a personal note I find it fairly easy to understand Norwegian and Swedish. However, I must admit I find it a little easier to understand Norwegian than Swedish (sorry to all of our Swedish members:eek:). Don't know if I can understand the different Norwegian dialects. But it's the same in Denmark - we also sometimes have trouble understanding each other.:D

Thank you very much for telling about your day Norwegianne.:) You were certainly lucky you got to meet them and talk to them. And seated next to Haakon - wow.
Congratulations on getting the interview, and the best of luck to you on Friday.:) Maybe you should buy a lottery ticket. I think there's a lot of money to be won either Wednesday or Saturday. So maybe you should give it a go.;):D

The Royal families of Denmark and Norway - from left: Queen Margrethe, King Harald and Prince Consort Henrik - Tuesday November 8, 2005 attended at Charlottenlund Palace near Copenhagen the unvealing of a sculpture in commemoration of Haakon VII, the Danish Prince Carl, who in 1905 was elected king of Norway. Haakon VII's father, King Frederik VIII, used the palace as his summer residence. The sculpture is made by the Danish artist Kirsten Ortwed. Copenhagen, DENMARK

From Newscom

Attachments

• sipaphotos324393.jpg
    sipaphotos324393.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 337
  • sipaphotos324394.jpg
    sipaphotos324394.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 211
  • sipaphotos324401.jpg
    sipaphotos324401.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 254
  • sipaphotos324403.jpg
    sipaphotos324403.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 235
  • sipaphotos324404.jpg
    sipaphotos324404.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 266
  • sipaphotos324410.jpg
    sipaphotos324410.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 240
  • sipaphotos324411.jpg
    sipaphotos324411.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 201
Why did Alexandra wear tiara when she divorced and not member of the Danish royal family any more?

nilah said:
Why did Alexandra wear tiara when she divorced and not member of the Danish royal family any more?

The Queen includes Alexandra in royal events, and also allows her to wear tiaras from the royal collections. She my not be Prince Joachim's wife anymore, but she is a member of the royal house.

I had quite a chuckle over post #22 - the last photo - on this thread. When I first saw it, I thought, "well, how nice that Harald is finally showing some affection to Sonja" because I thought it looked as though his arm was around her neck -- then I realized it was the fur! Oh, well -- one can always hope!
And, nilah, I think it was explained earlier that Alexandra has the use of that tiara for life and that it will revert to the royal house at the end of her life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom