Official Visit from Norway to Denmark: November 7-8, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

norwegianne

Majesty
City
Rogaland
Country
Norway
After an invitation from Her Majesty the Queen, and His Royal Highness the Prince Consort, the King and Queen of Norway, Their Majesties King Harald V and Queen Sonja, and HRH Crown Prince Haakon, pay a festive visit to Denmark, for the days 7. -8. November 2005. The visit will take place in correspondence with the centennial of Norway's independence and the Danish Prince Carl's arrival in Norway as King Haakon VII.
- Kongehuset.dk.

This is the place to post news, pictures and discussion about the visit. In accordance with the attachment rules, discussion of Royal visits, is hosted by the forum also hosting the visit, if two, or more, royal families are involved.

Enjoy, and behave.

The programme: from http://www.norsk.dk

6. November - HRH Crown Prince Haakon starts the visit in Aalborg, where he'll be opening "Boulevarden" and get a tour of "the Norwegian day" in Ålborghallen.

7. November
13:00 Arrival at Fredensborg Palace - with official lunch from the Danish queen and prince consort.
In the afternoon: visit to Christian VII's palace at Amalienborg, where there is an exhibition over the theme "Reception of the Norwegian delegation on the occasion of Prince Carl's naming to Norway's King Haakon VII."t
After this visit: a joint press conference with the senior couples.
In the evening: The Norwegian King and Queen are hosts for a festive showing at the Royal Theatre (Det Kongelige Teater)

8. November
Early: Visit to Danish Design Center, where there is a conferance on the theme: From Twin Realms to Wealthy Twins (pun in Norwegian/Danish:)). About future images for creating values in Denmark adn Norway.

Later in the day: Visit to King Haakon's Church on Amager (The Norwegian Sailor Church).

Visit to Charlottenlund Castle with an unveiling of a memorative plate of King Haakoon VII.

The Norwegian King and Queen are hosting lunch at Schæffergården and opening an exhibit by Bård Breivik.

The visit will end with a tour of the new Opera.

Tuesday 8. November:
11.30 - 12.30 HM King Harald V, HM Queen Sonja, HRH Crown Prince Haakon, HM Queen Margrethe and HRH Prince Henrik will attend a small service at King Haakon's Church (Den Norske Sjømannskirke), and coffee/cake afterwards.

*source: own invitation to event*

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I have ironed my bunad-shirt, and bought extra pair of black stockings. I'm officially ready for a royal visit to Copenhagen ;)

Article from BT

King and Queen parties in Copenhagen

The Danish and Norwegian royal houses parties for Norway the coming days.
King Harald, Queen Sonja and Crown Prince Haakon are on an official visit to Denmark and will celebrate the centenniary of the Norwegian independence with the Danish regent couple. Gala performance at the Royal Theatre, lunch at Fredensborg and two Crown Princes at a pre-premiere on a movie about children and young in Bosnia, are on the programme. The Norwegian Royal family is invited to Denmark by Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik to the occation that on November 20th it is 100 years since the Norwegian Storting (parliament) sent a delegation to Copenhagen.

It came to ask Christian IX if his grand son Prince Carl might be Norways new king. The Norwegian people and Stortinget had decided that they wanted the Danish Prince as their King after one earlier had voted out the Swedish King.

Christian IX said yes, Prince Carl became Haakon VII, and his two year old son Prince Alexander became Crown Prince Olav, the latter died in 1991 and was the father of King Harald.

The visit begins Sunday, when Crown Prince Haakon arrives at Aalborg, and is recived at the Town Hall, and later opens an exhitbition about Norway at Aalborg Congress and Culture Centre. Monday morning he will meet the King and Queen in Copenhagen and later have lunch in Kuppelsalen (some hall) at Fredensborg Palace. In the afternoon the Norwegian and Danish royal family will go on to Amalienborg, where King Harald will open a special exhibition in Christian VII’s Palæ (an annexe I think) which describes the special event in 1905.

Later Monday afternoon the two Crown Princes Haakon and Frederik leaves the 100 year jubilee to watch the pre-preimere of the documentary “Football school” which describes two childrens meeting at a football school in Bosnia. The school is created by the Danish Anders Levinsen, and it includes children of different ethnic groups.

Monday evening the Embassy and the Fund for Danish-Norwegian Co-operation are hosts of a gala performance at the Royal Theatre.

Tuesday the Norwegian Royal Family will meet with Norwegians living in Denmark at the Norwegian Sailors Church (Sjømannskirken) in Copenhagen, reveal a plate in memory of King Haakon VII at Charlottenlund Palace and at last visit the Opera.

http://www.bt.dk/royalt/artikel:aid=399672:fid=100021706/

(My translation and my comments in brackets)

Attachments

• 308898_small.jpg
    308898_small.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 605
norwegianne said:
Tuesday 8. November:
11.30 - 12.30 HM King Harald V, HM Queen Sonja, HRH Crown Prince Haakon, HM Queen Margrethe and HRH Prince Henrik will attend a small service at King Haakon's Church (Den Norske Sjømannskirke), and coffee/cake afterwards.

*source: own invitation to event*

Do you mean that you were invited to this occassion? If you were that's amazing! I don't even get to see our Prime Minister up-close at official things, yet those of you in Europe seem to see royals all the time!:rolleyes:

Is Mary going to be at any of the events?

ysbel said:
Is Mary going to be at any of the events?

I'm not sure about the other events, but she will be attending the lunch at Fredenborg Palace on the 7th.

Layla1971 said:
Do you mean that you were invited to this occassion? If you were that's amazing! I don't even get to see our Prime Minister up-close at official things, yet those of you in Europe seem to see royals all the time!:rolleyes:
Yes, I was invited. I didn't think I would be, and had resigned myself to camping outside with a camera, but then I got an invitation, so I'll be skipping a lecture at school to be in the same room as the royals. Worth it.

norwegianne said:
Yes, I was invited. I didn't think I would be, and had resigned myself to camping outside with a camera, but then I got an invitation, so I'll be skipping a lecture at school to be in the same room as the royals. Worth it.

Congratulations... Have fun out there... bring us many stories... :) :)

purple_platinum said:
Congratulations... Have fun out there... bring us many stories... :) :)

I hope for many stories, it gives us something to imagine happening to us!

finally....

Polfoto 06-11-2005 Snoren til Boulevarden blev klippet over af Kronprins Haakon, mens borgmester Henning G. Jensen (tv) og Rådmand Henrik Thomsen så til, da Hans Kongelige Højhed Kronprins Haakon fra Norge søndag indledte sit tre dage lange besøg i Danmark med en tur til Aalborg. Kronprins Haakon deltog desuden i en frokostreception på Rådhuset, hvor Aalborg Kommune var vært. Mandag kommer også det norske Kongepar til Danmark, hvor de er på officielt festbesøg for at markere 100-året for Norges selvstændighed.

can anyone translate??

Attachments

• ch145344_guest.jpg
    ch145344_guest.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 445
  • ch145345_guest.jpg
    ch145345_guest.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 428
  • ch145346_guest.jpg
    ch145346_guest.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 415
  • ch145347_guest.jpg
    ch145347_guest.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 364
  • ch145348_guest.jpg
    ch145348_guest.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 447
  • ch145349_guest.jpg
    ch145349_guest.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 454
purple_platinum said:
finally....

Polfoto 06-11-2005 Snoren til Boulevarden blev klippet over af Kronprins Haakon, mens borgmester Henning G. Jensen (tv) og Rådmand Henrik Thomsen så til, da Hans Kongelige Højhed Kronprins Haakon fra Norge søndag indledte sit tre dage lange besøg i Danmark med en tur til Aalborg. Kronprins Haakon deltog desuden i en frokostreception på Rådhuset, hvor Aalborg Kommune var vært. Mandag kommer også det norske Kongepar til Danmark, hvor de er på officielt festbesøg for at markere 100-året for Norges selvstændighed.

can anyone translate??
The string to Boulevarden was cut by Crown Prince Haakon, while Mayor Henning G. Jensen (to the left) and Councellor Henrik Thomsen looked on, when HRH Crown Prince Haakon of Norway, Sunday started his 3 day visit to Denmark with a trip to Aalborg. Crown Prince Haakon also attended a luncheon at City Hall, which was hosted by Aalborg Municipality. Monday the Norwegian King and Queen will come to Denmark, for an official festive visit to mark the Centennial for Norway's independence.

I live in Aalborg, so I went to see Haakon. I thought I'd have the best chance of seeing him if I stood at City Hall. When I came no one else was there. Haakon arrived at 12.30 to inaugurate Boulevarden, and then walked from there to City Hall. He arrived at City Hall at about 13.00, and then there was a big turnout. I guess some people followed him all the way. I got a few pictures of him, but really not any where he was facing my way. A little later I went to Aalborghallen where Haakon would be at 15.00. No one had really shown up there, and no one really did when he arrived. He said hello to a family, who stood outside, but I was standing on the other side of them. He did walk right by me, and I guess I could have reached my hand out, so I could have shook his hand, but I didn't and he was inside quickly. I did take a few more pictures of him though. I was a little angry with myself that I hadn't reached my hand out, so I asked a cop when Haakon would leave Aalborghallen. He would leave around 16.00, so I desided to go for a little walk and then come back. I came back about 30 minutes later, and waited outside. He did come out around 16.00 and no one but we was standing outside. He said goodbuy to the mayor, and then waited for a bus that was blocking his car to be moved. The bus was for the people who were with him, or who had something to do with his visit. At that time I was standing right next to him. I was looking right at him, and didn't really know if I should reach my hand out or not. Then he looked at me and said: "I don't believe I've said hello to you", then he reached his hand out and we shook hands. It took me a little by surprise, so all I could say was something like: "Hi. No I don't believe you have". Oh I'm so lame.:D I should've said something else like congratulated him that he was about to become a father for the second time. Oh well. He then desided to walk to the hotel where he would be hosting a dinner. The hotel (Hotel White House) is right next to Aalborghallen. There is only a park between Aalborghallen and the hotel, so the walk didn't take more than a few minutes. I then walked home smiling all the way. In the evening I watched the news. The two major channels DR1 and TV2 didn't have that much coverage of his visit, but the local news did. I saw myself on the local news.:D I wasn't on the news for that long, but I was there.:D So for me it has certainly been a great day.

Oh, that's so wonderful Mette! I envy you! And, I don't think that I could have spoken at all, so you did a good job! I can't believe a members of our own forum are meeting royalty!:D

Thank you Layla1971.:) I'm glad you think I did a good job, and that you would probably act much the same way as I did, if you had met him.:D I have a few pictures left in my camera, but I think I'll just use them tomorrow, and take pictures of something meaningless, because I want to see the pictures I took of Haakon as soon as possible.:D In this case it would be better if I had a digital camera.:D It sure was cool to meet him, but you're not the only one who's envious. I envy you Norwegianne.:) You get to be in the same room with so many royals, and you got an invitation. How cool's that. Hope you get to meet them personally.:)

Thanks for the pictures.:)

Mette2, how fun for you! (He must be pretty outgoing, and have a good memory for faces if he realized he hadn't met you.)

I wish I had gotten to see him when he came to Minneapolis. Perhaps the next time he comes to the Vesterheim in Decorah, Iowa, I'll be able to squeeze away. It would probably be pretty easy to meet him there.

why so few pictures of Haakon... :confused:

some more from polfoto :

Attachments

• ch145352_guest.jpg
    ch145352_guest.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 291
  • ch145353_guest.jpg
    ch145353_guest.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 340
  • ch145354_guest.jpg
    ch145354_guest.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 414
  • ch145355_guest.jpg
    ch145355_guest.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 340
  • ch145356_guest.jpg
    ch145356_guest.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 375
  • ch145357_guest.jpg
    ch145357_guest.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 439
3 more from polfoto :

Polfoto 07-11-2005 Kronprins Frederik og kronprins Haakon ventede sammen, da den norske kongefamilie mandag ankom til Kastrup Lufthavn. Kong Harald V, dronning Sonja samt kronprins Haakon aflægger et festbesøg i Danmark i forbindelse med markeringen af 100-året for Norges selvstændighed og den danske Prins Carls ankomst til Norge og kåring som Kong Haakon VII. Kronprins Haakon ankom allerede søndag, hvor han besøgte Aalborg. Besøget afsluttes tirsdag.

Attachments

• ch145440_guest.jpg
    ch145440_guest.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 503
  • ch145441_guest.jpg
    ch145441_guest.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 464
  • ch145439_guest.jpg
    ch145439_guest.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 567
Arrival of the Norwegian Royal Family

www.tv2.dk

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    17 KB · Views: 449
  • 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    24 KB · Views: 1,180
  • 3.jpeg
    3.jpeg
    20.5 KB · Views: 413
  • 4.jpeg
    4.jpeg
    21.3 KB · Views: 1,216
  • 5.jpeg
    5.jpeg
    21.2 KB · Views: 383
  • 6.jpeg
    6.jpeg
    20.5 KB · Views: 1,222
  • 7.jpeg
    7.jpeg
    20.6 KB · Views: 389
  • 8.jpeg
    8.jpeg
    24.1 KB · Views: 381
  • 9.jpeg
    9.jpeg
    20.6 KB · Views: 429
  • 10.jpeg
    10.jpeg
    22 KB · Views: 489
aw, benedikte looks as beautiful and elegant as always.

do you know if benedikte for example has to curtsy sonja? they are both around the same age, and it would be weird if she did. does anyone know if she curtsied this time?

is mary going to be in any of the events of the visit?

I really liked the picture of Frederik and Haakon in the car together. They look like they're having a good time.

Bruno Press has some pictures related to this event.

In this pic the two Crown (Charming :eek: ) Princes seem really enjoying eachother company

Regards,
mtbcm :)

Lunch at Fredensborg

www.tv2.dk

(Mary sharing excellent rapport with her father-in-law)

Attachments

• 625569.jpeg
    625569.jpeg
    35.2 KB · Views: 1,211
  • 625573.jpeg
    625573.jpeg
    25.8 KB · Views: 365
  • 625572.jpeg
    625572.jpeg
    25.3 KB · Views: 1,233
  • 625568.jpeg
    625568.jpeg
    29.5 KB · Views: 1,185
  • 625570.jpeg
    625570.jpeg
    24.7 KB · Views: 334
  • 625574.jpeg
    625574.jpeg
    27.7 KB · Views: 1,191
  • 625575.jpeg
    625575.jpeg
    23.4 KB · Views: 403
  • 625577.jpeg
    625577.jpeg
    30.7 KB · Views: 1,137
  • 625581.jpeg
    625581.jpeg
    24.7 KB · Views: 1,109
  • 625582.jpeg
    625582.jpeg
    24.2 KB · Views: 431

Attachments

• Norway_Visit_Denmark_8-UKP.jpg
    Norway_Visit_Denmark_8-UKP.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 344
  • Norway_Visit_Denmark_11-UKP.jpg
    Norway_Visit_Denmark_11-UKP.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 336
  • Norway_Visit_Denmark_9-UKP.jpg
    Norway_Visit_Denmark_9-UKP.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 413
  • Norway_Visit_Denmark_7-UKP.jpg
    Norway_Visit_Denmark_7-UKP.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 485
  • Norway_Visit_Denmark_6-UKP.jpg
    Norway_Visit_Denmark_6-UKP.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 368
  • Norway_Visit_Denmark_5-UKP.jpg
    Norway_Visit_Denmark_5-UKP.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 438
  • Norway_Visit_Denmark_4-UKP.jpg
    Norway_Visit_Denmark_4-UKP.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 450
  • Norway_Visit_Denmark_2-UKP.jpg
    Norway_Visit_Denmark_2-UKP.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 379
  • Norway_Visit_Denmark_1-UKP.jpg
    Norway_Visit_Denmark_1-UKP.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 357
  • Norway_Visit_Denmark_12-UKP.jpg
    Norway_Visit_Denmark_12-UKP.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 397
Last edited:
still uk press

Attachments

• Norway_Visit_Denmark_13-UKP.jpg
    Norway_Visit_Denmark_13-UKP.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 992
  • Norway_Visit_Denmark_14-UKP.jpg
    Norway_Visit_Denmark_14-UKP.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 267
  • Norway_Visit_Denmark_15-UKP.jpg
    Norway_Visit_Denmark_15-UKP.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 749
  • Norway_Visit_Denmark_17-UKP.jpg
    Norway_Visit_Denmark_17-UKP.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 305
  • Norway_Visit_Denmark_18-UKP.jpg
    Norway_Visit_Denmark_18-UKP.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 320
  • Norway_Visit_Denmark_19-UKP.jpg
    Norway_Visit_Denmark_19-UKP.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 1,030
  • Norway_Visit_Denmark_20-UKP.jpg
    Norway_Visit_Denmark_20-UKP.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 366
  • Norway_Visit_Denmark_21-UKP.jpg
    Norway_Visit_Denmark_21-UKP.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 301
  • Norway_Visit_Denmark_22-UKP.jpg
    Norway_Visit_Denmark_22-UKP.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 340
  • Norway_Visit_Denmark_23-UKP.jpg
    Norway_Visit_Denmark_23-UKP.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 263
It's god to see again princess Alexandra with DRF:)

^yeah it is. She's wearing a beautiful blue dress to the theater tonight :)

Mary looks quite worn out, don't you think? - maybe her baby is giving her a hard time!

Thank you for sharing the pictures.
The Queen looks stunning :eek: She definitely knows, how to appear like a real fairy tale queen.

I agree, that Mary looks tired. Probably prince Hamlet´s permanent sleeping phases are over ;)
Is it just me, or has this pattern of red flowers some kind of 3D effect. To me it looks, as if someone would have added the flowers with photoshop to the pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom