The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2004, 09:23 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally posted by Alexandria+Jan 22nd, 2004 - 6:58 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Alexandria &#064; Jan 22nd, 2004 - 6:58 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-anna@Jan 22nd, 2004 - 6:47 pm
I am not sure how it works in Denmark, but for instance, in Canada, we have a Freedom to Information Act in which "regular" citizens can go to a particular government office and apply to see public documents of individuals, even private individuals, not just public figures like politicians. For example, you can apply to see someone&#39;s marriage licence (if it is not sealed) or birth records and the like. Does Denmark have a similar law?
[/b][/quote]
Not quite accurate. In Canada, the Privacy Act governs the release of personal information. It prohibits the release of most government-held personal data (age, marital status, health info, identification numbers, etc) without the consent of the individual concerned. There are exceptions, mostly for legal investigations or aggregate statistical data. Interestingly, it is legal, in certain circumstances, for the government to withhold personal data from the actual individual who "belongs to" that information.

As a citizen, I have no ability to request your birth certificate Alexandria. Your secrets are reasonably safe...

Now, to get on topic... I thought it was a little weird that Mr. Donaldson&#39;s CV was listed with Mary&#39;s. Very patriarchal. However, I like Mary, so I am not tempted to view this addition as an attempt to camouflage some inadequacy. They released Mary&#39;s CV to provide the media with background, maybe they just did the same with her father&#39;s... I doubt they would do any differently had it been Alex marrying into the family this time around.

Old 01-23-2004, 09:32 PM
Aristocracy

And for the record, I don&#39;t feel sorry for Alexandra. If she is the saint that so many say she is, then she will find happiness and satisfaction in her good works, loving family, and elegant (though somewhat boring at times) wardrobe. Having another princess around won&#39;t detract from the first, especially one so admired.

Old 01-26-2004, 11:36 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally posted by lasu@Jan 23rd, 2004 - 8:32 pm
And for the record, I don&#39;t feel sorry for Alexandra. If she is the saint that so many say she is, then she will find happiness and satisfaction in her good works, loving family, and elegant (though somewhat boring at times) wardrobe. Having another princess around won&#39;t detract from the first, especially one so admired.
I don&#39;t think Alex is regarded as a saint. One may recall that several years ago Alex was criticized for not producing an heir.

Neither Alex and Mary should be regarded as Saints. They should develop their individual styles (as Alex has). Mary should be given a chance to do so to.
Old 02-08-2004, 11:40 AM
Gentry

well i hope for the best for the two princesses.
alexandra seems like a real lovely woman, and i can understand her missing hong kong so much since after all it IS her home.
having mary around will certainly detract attention off alex, but im sure she&#39;d welcome a momentary "quiet" time&#33;
Old 02-14-2004, 05:28 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by Jacqueline@Jan 23rd, 2004 - 10:53 am

As for Mary&#39;s CV on Fred&#39;s website, a CV should cover only her accomplishments not her father&#39;s also.* Still not appropriate
It&#39;s a fact that there was media attention about Mary&#39; father being an Oxford professor even before the engagement. Danish TV was interviewing kids and Aarhus professors even BEFORE (but near) the engagement. The press were indeed very interested in what her dad did. I believe that because the CP&#39;s website is there for information, they included Mary&#39;s dad&#39; CV because they knew that the press would be interested in it (and because its good news that the future heir&#39;s dad is anOxford professor isn&#39;t it?).

Regarding Alex, she will always be well-loved. She has done so much and I doubt that Mary will be involved with the same charities as Alex already is (maybe some, but not the major ones).
Old 02-20-2004, 08:40 AM
Nobility

argh. i&#39;ve never liked mary, she seems like a very cold person, and hardly expresses any emotion whatsoever whenever you see her in the pictures. i love alex though, i think she&#39;s so awesome, i really admire her style and elegance, while i&#39;m not that optimistic about how mary&#39;s going to be dressing like once she marries into the family.
Old 04-06-2004, 08:25 AM

i think alexandra manley is a suitable person to be a queen..
coz&#39; i don&#39;t really like mary ;frankly speaking..

alexandra has the criteria...
Old 04-06-2004, 09:38 AM
Nobility

Do you know Alexandra and Mary personally? What don&#39;t you like about Mary?
Old 04-06-2004, 10:31 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by bonjour_corsica@Apr 6th, 2004 - 12:25 pm
i think alexandra manley is a suitable person to be a queen..
coz&#39; i don&#39;t really like mary ;frankly speaking..

alexandra has the criteria...
Mary does come off sometimes as being very aloof at least in some of her photographs. Her personality in pictures seems to have changed from the way in which they appeared when you compare it to her personality in photographs of her taken while she was still in Australia. IMO, she seemed happier and enjoying herself more in pictures pre-Denmark.

I attribute the shift in what appears to be her personality now at least publicly to having added pressures and trying very hard. Sometimes if you pay very close attention to photos of her you can see that she does appear to be very uncomfortable and working towards appearing poised. I think that her coldness is due in large part to a change in her life and added worries. To use a very old statement, Mary&#39;s plate is full at this point. She cannot appear as natural as Alexandra or as others do because she is still adjusting. Mary seems to be visibly trying whereas, although Alex may have had similar worries, she never let on to it. She really appeared to be carefree throughout and seems so in the present as well.
Old 04-06-2004, 11:07 AM
Nobility

Some of you people are being very unfair. Mary hasn&#39;t even become the Crown Princess and you&#39;re already judging her capabilities as Queen consort? That&#39;s really pathetic&#33; Look at Queen Elizabeth II. Even though she is very sober and austere, she is considered to be one of the greatest queens of 20th century&#33;
Old 04-06-2004, 11:44 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Alexandra&#39;s father was well-respected Director of insurance company in Hong Kong. Her mom was a manager of German company in Hong Kong. Her Austrian family is well educated too. The main point is that Alex had very impressive cv. She studied in London, Vienna, and Tokyo.
Alexandra&#39;s family were / are very wealthy compared to Mary&#39;s family. Thus, she had far more opportunities (than Mary) to be better educated and cultured.
Old 04-06-2004, 12:28 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by montecarlo@Apr 6th, 2004 - 3:44 pm
Quote:
Alexandra&#39;s father was well-respected Director of insurance company in Hong Kong. Her mom was a manager of German company in Hong Kong. Her Austrian family is well educated too. The main point is that Alex had very impressive cv. She studied in London, Vienna, and Tokyo.
Alexandra&#39;s family were / are very wealthy compared to Mary&#39;s family. Thus, she had far more opportunities (than Mary) to be better educated and cultured.
Alex comes a multi-cultural family-cultural education at home. Because she has family living in various parts of the world, she was definitely able to travel more and developed interests outside of Hong Kong. Alex is also well educated and had an impressive CV because she focused on an area in particular and it appears that as time went by she made serious advancements in her career.

Mary&#39;s CV isn&#39;t unimpressive when considering the jobs that she has held and the companies at which she has been employed. She worked at very respectable and reputable companies and agencies. Her CV is diverse which means that she has worked at several jobs and that isn&#39;t a bad thing. Diversity is never a negative, IMO. The main questions that have been raised have been those about the number of jobs which she has held in a rather short amount of time.
Old 04-07-2004, 01:08 AM
Commoner

I agree with Monte Carlo. You can&#39;t judge who is a better princess by simply comparing CVs.

Princess Alexandra will have been a princess for 9 years this year, whilst Mary has only justed started official duties. Moreover, Mary is stepping into a Crown Princess position which is considered more than princess.

They do make it quite clear first and formost that the princess/queen consort main duties are to reproduce. If this is the case, do their CVs really matter?

I like both ladies and I think they will be as good as is required for the respective positions. Most importantly, they are loved by their husbands&#33;
Old 04-07-2004, 02:12 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Mary&#39;s CV isn&#39;t unimpressive when considering the jobs that she has held and the companies at which she has been employed. She worked at very respectable and reputable companies and agencies. Her CV is diverse which means that she has worked at several jobs and that isn&#39;t a bad thing.
Mary could have been a late bloomer when in comes to career paths. Of course, there&#39;s nothing wrong with that. Many people have difficulty figuring out what career path to follow after college. So, they go from one job to another, until they find fulfillment.
Old 04-07-2004, 02:18 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Princess Alexandra will have been a princess for 9 years this year, whilst Mary has only justed started official duties. Moreover, Mary is stepping into a Crown Princess position which is considered more than princess.
Isn&#39;t it sad that some people are comparing these two? For goodness sakes, Alexandra has been given nine years to mold herself into the "perfect" princess role.
Old 04-07-2004, 07:37 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by montecarlo@Apr 7th, 2004 - 6:12 am
Quote:
Mary&#39;s CV isn&#39;t unimpressive when considering the jobs that she has held and the companies at which she has been employed. She worked at very respectable and reputable companies and agencies. Her CV is diverse which means that she has worked at several jobs and that isn&#39;t a bad thing.
Mary could have been a late bloomer when in comes to career paths. Of course, there&#39;s nothing wrong with that. Many people have difficulty figuring out what career path to follow after college. So, they go from one job to another, until they find fulfillment.
That does happen, however, it is my understanding that Mary wasn&#39;t just out of college during all of this time.
Old 04-07-2004, 08:05 AM
Heir Apparent

which is the relationship between mary and alexandra? do they get on well?
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 04-07-2004, 08:51 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by carlota@Apr 7th, 2004 - 12:05 pm
which is the relationship between mary and alexandra? do they get on well?
I&#39;m not really sure if they have an actual relationship or if they are simply acquaintances who are cordial because one is a wife and the other a fiancée of two brothers.

Of course, there has been a rumor mentioned every now and then about them not being friends and not getting along. I usually take such statements with a grain of salt. Rumors of this nature are always started about intelligent and attractive women, who are in the same professional or social circles. You can&#39;t be sure without major facts.
Old 04-07-2004, 02:16 PM
Nobility

Quote:
I&#39;m not really sure if they have an actual relationship or if they are simply acquaintances who are cordial because one is a wife and the other a fiancée of two brothers.
Prince Joachim said that his wife, Alexandra, doesn&#39;t know much about Mary.
Old 04-07-2004, 09:51 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by montecarlo@Apr 7th, 2004 - 6:16 pm

Prince Joachim said that his wife, Alexandra, doesn&#39;t know much about Mary.
That answers a few questions.

The two women are most likely civil, but not friends, at least for now. It is really what I expected.

Tags
alexandra, alexandra manley, countess alexandra, countess of frederiksborg, princess alexandra