General News about the Danish Royal Family Part 3: November 2015 - August 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France

Arms of The Danish Royal Family

Welcome to General News about the Danish Royal Family Part 3

Commencing November 14, 2015

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

I think this goes here a long with the information that Prince Joachim, Princess Marie, Prince Nikolai, Prince Felix, Prince Henrik, Princess Athena and later the Prince Consort paid a visit to the French Embassy in Copenhagen

H.M. Dronningen sender kondolence til den franske præsident - Kongehuset

The picture of Marie with Joachim and the children is very touching. She is clearly affected by the attacks in her home country. It's lovely to see they are all connected, touching each other in some way from Nikolai holding Athena's hand round to Felix with his hand on Henrik's coat.

Last edited:
Wow did they even dye MAry's dress?looks like the photo is from J&M's wedding.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
:ROFLMAO: You are right, that was the light blue dress from the wedding in 2008! It's certainly the hairstyle and jewels that Mary wore on that occasion.

:previous:

Yep, my husband has taken over the television this evening to watch the match too.
I pass the time with preparing packed lunches and our Ipad.. I look at the match now and then when there is coming complaining noises from husband.. I have a feeling it's not going so well for Denmark... :p

I indeed saw Frederik and Christian to the match together with F&M's close friend Jeppe Handwerk and his oldest daughter India (the same age as Christian) in the beginning of the match :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Frederik, Joachim, Felix and Christian attending the soccer match between Denmark and Sweden in Copenhagen yesterday, November 17:

** ppe gallery ** facetoface gallery **

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Iceflower. :flowers:

There seems to be a good deal of banter going on between Oscar Siebye's boy and Joachim.

I'm glad I didn't watch the match. Bad for my blood pressure. :ermm:

Don't mess with God: "They said they were going to send me to retirement," he said. "I sent their whole nation into retirement."
Playing against The Zlatan wasn't so much fun for the DRF.

:previous: I didn't bother to watch the match.
Our team couldn't win, if they were all standing within the opposing team's goal!

Anyway, the humor and more or less friendly banter between our two countries is a long standing tradition. Even though it's a well-known fact that Swedes don't have a sense of humor...:p

As such they "borrowed" a scene from Lars von Trier's Kingdom.
Background: The whole series takes place at Rigshospitalet in Copenhagen. And here a Swedish doctor who hates Denmark and the Danes (let alone the patients) work. And when he was particularly annoyed he went up on the roof, where you can see the Swedish coast and the Swedish nuclear plant, Barsebäck, to went his frustration.

And it is his lines a Swedish actor use in this video.

He says: "Thank you - you Swedish watch towers. - With plutonium we will force the Danes to their knees. - Denmark. Sh*t from chalk and water. - Sweden. Made from granite. - Danish b*stards"! :ROFLMAO:

Svensk superstjerne storsviner Danmark inden afgørende brag – Ekstra Bladet

Last edited:
Prinsesse Athena skal holde jul hos farmor | BILLED-BLADET

The court has officially confirmed that M&F will spend Christmas in Australia. - That's hardly news though.

However, Joachim and our Marie will spend Christmas together with the Regent Couple at Marselisborg. - So there will no doubt be photos of the family going to Christmas service at Aarhus Cathedral - probably with the children.
Nikolai and Felix will celebrate Christmans with their mother.

"25 delightful minutes you with all the festive and wonderful moments from the year that has passed, in the Danish royal family."

VIDEO: Året i kongehuset 2015 | BILLED-BLADET

no idea what is said ;) but nice summery of the year for the DRF, some cute moments from the Queen's birthday celebrations. and Mary on the bike with the twins, and the Swedish wedding
aww and Frederik and Mary's foursome so cute. Of course Frederik and Mary on the job (you can see their commitment in all they do)

Last edited:
Summary of article in Billed Bladet #50, 2015.
Written by John Lautrup.

The former coach for the Danish women's national handball team, Pylick (*) has written his autobiography.
And in that he describes an episode that took place during the Sydney 2000 Olympics.
It was just before the finals with France, but the team was down. Homesick, stir-crazy and more or less worn out.
Then Pytlick was told that Frederik and Joachim would drop by to say hi to the team, for a few minutes, but he decided not to tell the team: "I thought that wouldn't do, because then they would spend extra long hours putting on make-up, doing their hair and all that, so I kept my mouth shut.
They stayed for 40 minutes, it was totally fantastic.
The older players had hoped they would come visiting. And Frederik asked the whole group if anyone would would go out on a training run with him. He was running marathon back then. They would like to but then our captain said: We can't because we only run interval-runs. At that moment I thought the others would kill her. But the Princes were two great guys also offered you could have a picture taken with them, where the payers one by one could stand between them with the hands on the shoulders.
That provided a common boost at a time when the pressure was enormous".

The invigorated Danish team won the finals.

(*) Handball, being invented in DK, is unsurprisingly the big thing here, not least the women's team. And women shouldn't say too much about how male soccer-fans behave. The women are up there as well!
- Not that I blame anyone, the national soccer team couldn't hit the ball, even if they could be persuaded to try.

(*) Handball, being invented in DK, is unsurprisingly the big thing here, not least the women's team. And women shouldn't say too much about how male soccer-fans behave. The women are up there as well!
- Not that I blame anyone, the national soccer team couldn't hit the ball, even if they could be persuaded to try.

Don't we play football in Europe...? ;)

"25 delightful minutes you with all the festive and wonderful moments from the year that has passed, in the Danish royal family."

no idea what is said ;) but nice summery of the year for the DRF, some cute moments from the Queen's birthday celebrations. and Mary on the bike with the twins, and the Swedish wedding
aww and Frederik and Mary's foursome so cute. Of course Frederik and Mary on the job (you can see their commitment in all they do)

Thanks for posting, Polyesco. :flowers:

It was actually a pretty good review. It wasn't silly as the DR1 and TV2 yearly reviews can be and it was handles by the professionals. I.e. regular royal reporters who as such know their stuff.
However, this being BB don't expect too critical a coverage. Their angle is as always positive.
Hardcore followers of the DRF thread don't need to be told what the various events were, so I'll skip that and go to the comments.

At around 05:00 it's about the the Swedish wedding and the BB editor, Annemette Krakau explains that the story fascinate people because it's a genuine cinderella story. And it hasn't been easy due to Princess Sofia's past, but that could not be felt at the wedding.
But why this big DK interests in the SRF? Because the DRF and SRF are related and we are neighbors. And the SRF provides for good stories. Especially the young generation who now entertain us with weddings and children. With Victoria being singled out.

At around 11:00 the Ulrik Ulriksen is brought in to tell about how it is to cover M&F.
It's different to cover Frederik solo from covering Mary on the job solo. Like when going to to Nepal with Frederik. That was a trip where he got closer to Frederik than usual.
Mary is very good at put focus on the issue at hand.
And that is again different from when they are on the job together. They are a lot stronger together. Like in Germany, where they due to them being very comfortable together put more focus on the issues. Here Danish commerce. The little public kiss emphasized it. When they are together, it's like they are inside a little intimate bubble, interacting personally. The kiss was an intimate moment because when Frederik realized people applauded, he became shy.

Shortly after Trine Larsen talks about the Regent Couple. She explains that they do make a distinct difference for Danish businessmen when on state visits like to Indonesia. The interest and press coverage is much bigger.
In Greenland the Regent Couple is immensely popular, visiting hamlets with populations as few as 87.
They are doing fine, despite being 81 and 75. But PH can't walk fast and QMII can't walk slowly due to back problems, so that can present a problem.
Being royal reporter has it perks, you get to see places you otherwise wouldn't see. And on such a trip you get close to the Regent Couple. When a reporter was injured the Regent Couple asked the journalists about how the injured reporter was.

Enjoy the actor Ulf Pilgaard's (spot on) parody on PH at 24:00.

:previous: We do indeed, Nordic. And mostly with our feet - and without pausing for a break every ten seconds either. :p

Last edited:
:previous: thank you Muhler as always :flowers::flowers:

and I agree 100% with Ulrik
"They are a lot stronger together. Like in Germany, where they due to them being very comfortable together put more focus on the issues."
They seem so at ease and knowledgeable about the issues

it was a very cute moment the kiss, so natural to greet your wife and then he realizes they have an audience

Dronning Margrethe har mistet nær ven | BILLED-BLADET

The Regent Couple have reached the age when friends die away.

That is now the case for the very close friend of the Regent Couple reverend Peter Parkov.
He was almost invariable invited when the DRF celebrated Christmas and Easter at Marselisborg. And he often went to Chateau Cayx.
So this is no doubt going to cast a shadow over the Christmas celebrations this year.
Peter Parkov was 78. - He has previously had cancer.

The Regent Couple are expected to leave for Aarhus on the 21st.

Dronning Margrethe har mistet nær ven | BILLED-BLADET

The Regent Couple have reached the age when friends die away.

That is now the case for the very close friend of the Regent Couple reverend Peter Parkov.
He was almost invariable invited when the DRF celebrated Christmas and Easter at Marselisborg. And he often went to Chateau Cayx.
So this is no doubt going to cast a shadow over the Christmas celebrations this year.
Peter Parkov was 78. - He has previously had cancer.

The Regent Couple are expected to leave for Aarhus on the 21st.
This is sad news :sad::sad::sad:

As the year comes to an end Billed Bladet has created a 25 minutes long video with clips from the year 2015. Enjoy. Many great moments during the year :flowers:

A remarkable observation I've done those weeks where our Crown Prince Couple are away on a private Christmas trip with Mary's family in Australia. It's a good opportunity to see how active and busy a calender Frederik and Mary have and how much they have already taken over.
It's Frederik's and Mary's many weekly events (including Margrethe's in periods) which dominates the DRF's royal calendar. This becomes extra evident in these weeks where the Crown Prince Couple are away - the DRF's calendar is remarkably empty these weeks when F&M's events can't fill the calendar.

Kalender - Kongehuset

Last edited:
TV2's annual "The Year in The Royal Family" has just ended.

I always prefer DR's programs over TV2's. This year was better than the previous year though. There is still too much unnecessary talk about nothing. But less talk than previous years.

The large main focus was on the The Regent Couple/The Crown Prince Couple. Also Princess Isabella and Prince Christian got a nice part hence Isabella's first official event on the Samsø trip and our future Crown Prince's 10th birthday.

Then there was nonsense about dresses, Princess Marie's breast implants, Prince Henrik's endless complaining about not being King was debated. Not a word about Alexandra and Martin's divorce.

You will not miss much by not see it, but it was actually good enough. Good reportage of the Regent Couple and the Crown Prince Couple's work and official trips. From The Regent Couple's summer cruise in Greenland to unseen clips from working trips with both Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary.

ADDED:
TV2 has uploaded 5 of their most delightful clips from the year which was also shown during the programme tonight.

Video 1: Prince Consort Henrik
Video 2: Frederik and Mary in Germany
Video 3: Vincent cheering at cows
Video 4: Margrethe and Henrik in Greenland
Video 5: Christian, Bella, Vincent, Josephine at the Hubertus Day

Se listen: Fem finurlige kongelige øjeblikke - TV 2

Video 5 is precious of Vincent and Josephine playing together on the balcony :wub:

Video 2 may be that one I smiled most of. In May, The Crown Prince Couple were together on a business tour to Germany. But it can sometimes require patience to be at work with the wife, especially when she is a very social and folksy one who did her best for greeting ALL the attendance :D

Last edited:
:previous:those are some very cute clips
especially of the Josephine and Vincent playing on the balcony and then on the doorway Christian grabbing the twins ;):ROFLMAO:

cute video of them in Germany, they both proved quite popular. the trip had many fans :flowers:

Right, while M&F have been enjoying the sunny weather in Australia, the rest of the DRF have enjoyed the rain... (Not nearly as bad as in Britain though!)

And true to form QMII has gone to church every Christmas Day:
Dronning Margrethe kom alene til højmesse | BILLED-BLADET
Here on Second Christmas Day (26th) which is an official holy-day here in DK.
And I guess she is attending Sunday service as this is written.

Joachim and our Marie, as well as Marie's mother, Francoise Grasson and her husband Christian Grasson.
So I guess they've all been speaking French throughout Christmas.
The whole family went to service in the afternoon on the day of Christmas Eve, on the First Day of Christmas there are usually a few missing, but not this year.
Mademoiselle Athena arrived holding hand with her mormor, Francoise, while bette Henrik, very appropriately, held grandpapa Henrik's hand.

The children don't appear to have been playing at any nearby playing ground to Marselisborg, but then it really has rained quite a bit.
There are no reports in the local papers about royal sightings I have been able to find.

But fortunately there is the Royal Lifeguard.
When QMII change residence outside of Copenhagen a platoon accompany her and they are mainly selected from conscripts who live in that part of the country, in the case Jutland. And in the gallery posted above there is a little story about parents from the mid-Jutlandic town of Herning, who came to see their daughter stand guard for Her Majesty.
- While the parents (not to mention the grandparents!!!) are understandably bursting with pride and the conscripts usually pretty pleased to see mum and dad and it can be a liiiittle bit embarrassing though. http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ZGzcdKiYa...spok/s1600/Kasper+p%C3%A5+Amalienborg+040.JPG
(This woman did it with both her sons and realized - afterwards - that she perhaps acted a little embarrassing. :lol:)
- In contrast to say the British guardsmen the guardsmen of the Royal Lifeguard are allowed to look around if need be, in fact they are supposed to. They are after all the first line of defense.

Let's have a look at Aarhus Cathedral. Build right after the Reformation it's the longest church in DK. Build from brick it's a very massive structure without too much unnecessary decoration in line with the more stern interpretation of Christianity that was slowly being introduced after the Reformation.
Perhaps FasterB can add some details? :)
https://www.cabinn.com/sites/default/files/DSC_8330_0.jpg
http://images1.cdn.k.dk/sites/default/files/2011/06/289563.jpg
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/fc/AarhusDom-Orgel-3.jpg
http://www.tourblogger.ru/sites/def...0410_arhus_domkirke_arhus_jutland_denmark.jpg
http://images1.cdn.k.dk/sites/default/files/2014/08/20140812211941_0.jpg/20140812211941_0.jpg
http://www.votivschiff.de/dfbc888a4da89317bf717c9370cf832b_OK Enighed, Aarhus Domkirke 1720.jpg

How about some gossip at the end of the year ;)
Margrethes mareridt: Kongefamilien i opløsning - Herognu

The DRF is dissolving!

-Henrik embarrasses Margerthe (that's true for sure)
-Henrik has to give up on his dream (his sons don't bother with wine)
-Joachim gives up Schackenborg/Jutland area to live a jet set life in Copenhagen
-Mary's stepmother missing at Margrethe's birthday festivities
-Frederik and Joachim and their families are avoiding each other: Joachim missed Graasten (preferred to go on holiday in France) while Frederik missed Christmas (preferred to go on holiday in Australia)
-Alex divorcing Martin, upsetting her sons.

:previous: Nothing like a good bad story, eh? :lol:

Well, apart from Susan Moody who IIRC was legally excused due to serious illness in the family and J&M and M&F actually being together for by far the most years at Gråsten and Marselisborg - there is some truth in these headlines. But to conclude the DRF is breaking apart? I think you have to be employed at a gossip magazine to seriously think that.
They sure don't come knocking on each others doors all the time, but some families work better that way.

How about some gossip at the end of the year ;)
Margrethes mareridt: Kongefamilien i opløsning - Herognu

The DRF is dissolving!

-Henrik embarrasses Margerthe (that's true for sure)
-Henrik has to give up on his dream (his sons don't bother with wine)
-Joachim gives up Schackenborg/Jutland area to live a jet set life in Copenhagen
-Mary's stepmother missing at Margrethe's birthday festivities
-Frederik and Joachim and their families are avoiding each other: Joachim missed Graasten (preferred to go on holiday in France) while Frederik missed Christmas (preferred to go on holiday in Australia)
-Alex divorcing Martin, upsetting her sons.

The DRF is dissolving! What "nice" people with "good" word for everyone:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom