General News about the Danish Royal Family Part 3: November 2015 - August 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: Good. :)

Perhaps some photos coming up?

I imagine there is a good chance of seeing Mary and/or Frederik jogging in the woods around Marselisborg.
And as QMII attend service at Aarhus Cathedral all days of Easter, perhaps a grandchild or two will tag along?

In that last image Isabella is a mini Frederik to me! Her whole expression is like her father!

In that last image Isabella is a mini Frederik to me! Her whole expression is like her father!

I agree. Isabella has been a clone of Frederik since day one ;)
They are getting bigger and lovelier each day.
a nice outing with the Queen.
Maybe Henrik stayed behind with Josephine and Vincent :lol:

It's nice to see the children again. There seemed to be lots of warm glances between the family today. :)

I also agree, but like polyesco I've often thought they looked a lot like each other. I think Christian looks more like Mary visually, but physically he sometimes has Frederik's mannerisms. With the twins, I think Vincent looks like Frederik and Josephine looks like Mary.

The photos were taken on Maundy Thursday but I imagine they were held back so they could make it to tomorrow's edition of Billedbladet. It's so lovely to see the Crown Prince family join QMII and Henrik in Aarhus. A shame Joachim, Marie and the kids couldn't make it.

It looks as though Frederik and the children left before communion and Mary stayed behind with QMII as per usual. I could easily imagine that Grandpapa Henrik volunteered to stay home with the twins (he's also usually one of the first to leave the church ;)).

:previous: Thank you, Duke of Marmalade :flowers:

Billed Bladet has a few more details, not about the ring though. But then it's Ken Richter who is reporting and he wouldn't notice a ring if it hit him on the nose! - Everything else, yes. But no jewellery - and no fashion either, he simply doesn't know what it is.

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #13, 2016.
Written by our otherwise observant reporter Ken Richter.

While PH went to fitness... The rest of the family, minus the twins went to mass in Aarhus Cathedral.
Bella and Christian followed in the heels of farmor Margrethe with Mary and Frederik making up the rear.

A little more than an hour later Frederik left with his two children while QMII and Mary as usual went to the altar, communion (thanks, Emmily), so they left half an hour later. When they emerged from the church Mary wished those who had gathered a Happy Easter. (That's where we see the ring in the Daily Mail article).

M&F and children arrived at Marselisborg Wednesday and left on Good Friday to take the ferry back to Amalienborg. At the same time QMII attended another mass at the cathedral.
The Regent Couple both went to church Sunday, but not Monday.

PH attends his daily fitness at a center owned by his old friend and tennis partner, Mads Seier.
His coach when at Marselisborg, Tine Vieland Jensen told our reporter: "The Prince Consort is tough, when we take his age into consideration".
He warms up on an exercise bike before training his strength and balance.

Apart from that PH went to the nearby race course where he presented trophies and kissed horses.

There is no mentioning of M&F having otherwise been seen in Aarhus, so either they were left alone or chose to stay at Marselisborg.

J&M spend their Easter holiday at Schackenborg, but more on that in their thread.

See for yourself here: https://app.box.com/s/02tq1oqrioxeov6z57clggeps81pg6j5

Last edited:
:previous: Thank you, Duke of Marmalade :flowers:

A little more than an hour later Frederik left with his two children while QMII and Mary as usual went to the altar (what do you call it when you go to the altar to receive bread and wine? In Protestantism), so they left half an hour later. When they emerged from the church Mary wished those who had gathered a Happy Easter. (That's where we see the ring in the Daily Mail article).

See for yourself here: https://app.box.com/s/02tq1oqrioxeov6z57clggeps81pg6j5

Muhler, at our church it is called Communion.:flowers:

Thank you to all for the nice pictures and news :flowers:

I'm genuine pleased about how Frederik, Mary and children every year at Easter visit Margrethe and Henrik at Marselisborg. They are good to do that.

And good idea to bring the children to church. Vincent and Josephine are still small, but next year I think we will see them as permanent churchgoers too.

A little more than an hour later Frederik left with his two children while QMII and Mary as usual went to the altar, communion (thanks, Emmily), so they left half an hour later. When they emerged from the church Mary wished those who had gathered a Happy Easter.

She's good at that :) To always remember the people. It means so much to people when you have been standing their in the cold and waited and waited.. that the royals at least take a little time to give you a wave or greet you. And that is Mary unusually good to always do.

Mary has said in a interview a few years back:

"(...)When people have been waiting for maybe hours at official events, the least you can do is to give you the time to greet them!"

And I fully agree with her! And she really does take her time. Something not everyone in the DRF are good at!

Last edited:
She's good at that :) To always remember the people. It means so much to people when you have been standing their in the cold and waited and waited.. that the royals at least take a little time to give you a wave or greet you. And that is Mary unusually good to always do.

Mary has said in a interview a few years back:

"(...)When people have been waiting for maybe hours at official events, the least you can do is to give you the time to greet them!"

And I fully agree with her! And she really does take her time. Something not everyone in the DRF are good at!

Agree. The thing about shaking hands with onlookers, exchanging a few words and receiving flowers and what not was actually introduced by Mary.
Beforehand the DRF usually just smiled and waved while walking past the onlookers.
Not that I think they were indifferent or felt particularly aloof, but it just wasn't done in the DRF.
Then Mary came along and she started to interact with people and Frederik started to follow suit. The rest of the DRF watched and realized in didn't hurt them or their royal status, on the contrary!
So they all interact with onlookers now, especially children and elderly who have been wheeled out of the retirement homes.
- Of course with an eye on the clock. They do have a schedule.

The Danish Royal House confirms that Queen Margrethe, Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary will represent Denmark at the Swedish King Carl Gustaf's big 70th birthday celebration in Stockholm later this month. Also Princess Benedikte is expected to attend.

Kronprinsesse Mary og kronprins Frederik fejrer den svenske konge | BILLED-BLADET

With a very delightful picture of Queen Margrethe looking at her son and her daughter-in-law :)
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=727ddeabd98669f5a2a84d0bdbbd8b4e&oe=57846811

Have anyone noticed the change when mentioning Prince Henrik? He is no longer called "Prince Consort", but again he is called "Prince Henrik".

Also the website has this change from "Prince Consort" to "His Royal Highness Prince Henrik".

:previous: A new precedence perhaps?

Retired members of the DRF get a new (or in this case an old) title?

Let's hope he was in on the decision! :hiding:

Personally I think it would be a nice touch if he was officially known as Prince Henri from now on.

Last edited:
:previous: A new precedence perhaps?

Retired members of the DRF get a new (or in this case an old) title?

Let's hope he was in on the decision! :hiding:

Personally I think it would be a nice touch if he was officially known as Prince Henri from now on.

Oh let's hope, yes :eek:::D

Otherwise I do not dare think of his reaction.

It's new to me. But makes sense that the Prince Consort title is abandoned by his retirement. It was a title for a short while, then.

But hasn't he been called Prince Concort in the latest calender-event? It is only some weeks ago, me think.

I haven´t noticed this change before tonight. But it is all over the page, both in Danish, English and French.

So he was Prince Consort for a decade (2005-2015) :)

:previous: Guess it was a typo then.

Somewhat unusual for the court though.

Yes, or the event could´ve been online earlier than this change ...

He's going to do things his way from now on then. Should be interesting !!

I tried to log in to the DRF website this morning and it says its under construction. a new website for the Queen's birthday

"Royal Family - Home
Kongehuset.dk
Site being updated
The Royal House website is currently up to tonight inaccessible, while working with the programming of a new website. We apologize for any inconvenience and look forward to show the new kongehuset.dk who launched tomorrow April 16 at H. M. Queen's birthday. H. M. Queen's Birthday 16 April 2016 Kl. 12:00 H. M. The Queen and the royal family appears on the balcony. Christian IX's palace, Amalienborg"

added:
nevermind
it live now
http://kongehuset.dk/

love it. more pictures. nice structure

Last edited:
This is strictly not about the DRF, and yet...

It's time for the yearly summer-revues on stages all over DK, where actors take a satirical and loving view of the past year.
Current events, celebs and not least politicians are getting the treatment!

And that also applies to the DRF. And every year (almost) in the best of the revues, Cirkusrevyen, the actor Ulf Pilgaard impersonate Queen Margrethe.
This year "she" is apparently a bit tipsy. And here is what she looks like on stage: http://www.billedbladet.dk/sites/bi...blic/media/article/_w5a3217.jpg?itok=g07llVv8

Ulf Pilgaard has impersonated QMII for many years now and sometimes the DRF drop by to see the show.
Ulf Pilgaard need not fear losing his head though. He has been decorated with the Knights Cross. Been selected as the dancing partner for QMII for the menuet Les Lanciers as well as being almost invariably invited for DRF-events regarding culture.

Here "QMII" was also tipsy after her 70th birthday
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwJTA_PukiA

Last edited:
The Queen, Henrik, Frederik and Mary with their 4 kids were seen at a festival today. Ziggy and two other dogs arrived with the family too.

Article and video of them arriving (2 pictures)
De kongelige ville høre historier i skoven - sn.dk - Forsiden - Nordsjælland - Gribskov

"The royal family appeared Sunday surprisingly to the festival 'Wood Stories' by Fændrikhus
in Gribskov.*It's the north coast storytellers behind this weekend's story festival on the occasion of the association's tenth anniversary.*The whole*weekend 19 storytellers from Denmark, the Faroe Islands and Sweden entertained with stories,*legends, myths, fairy tales, anecdotes and stories."

Vincent on a swing, next to Frederik
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=b3e93714efb8b7a7e666484c8f4db215&oe=57D2C4EB

in the video you can see Mary arrive holding hands with Isabella and Josephine. Next to Frederik. Christian holding the two smaller dogs on leashes, Ziggy is among the first off the boat. And Vincent found the swing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom