The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-06-2014, 02:14 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
And now for a disturbing thing. Qvortrup may get off the hook. He stopped at editor-in-chief of S&H in 2008 and a professor at law has said that due to statutes of limitations, which is five years or in grave cases ten years, he may walk free.

Quote:
But his career and chances for emplyment are of course questionable.

Old 05-07-2014, 08:08 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Well, if he doesn't then I'm willing to admit that I do feel a good deal of schadenfreude.
Qvortrup never showed mercy, or just common decency, towards those S&H dealt with. So I see no reason to pity him now.

The word karma has popped up in many comments and articles about this mess.
Also my thoughts. It was pure business and no consideration for those persons whose lives they could destroy. True or false story.

It requires a special mind to be the head of a magazine like Seoghør and the following heads of the magazine is certainly not saints, but it's my impression that they (despite a good story is their livelihood) have been a bit more compassionate.

Old 05-07-2014, 12:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Unfortunately, Roskilde, the varius articles indicates that things went from very bad under Qvortrup to even worse under Kim Henningsen.

Se og Hør beder læserne om forladelse | Nyheder | DR
Anyway, the current editor for S&H apologize to their readers in the editorial in tomorrows S&H.
Specifically the illegal use of a source at Nets from 2008-12, but not the more questionable methods before or since. That's covered under a general apology, garnished with a reassurance that S&H no longer use illegal means to obtain their stories.
Well, that remains to be seen...

Also, S&H has discontinued their praxis with offering cash rewards to people offering tips about celebs and the DRF. - Despite the very same editor as late as yesterday saw no reason to discontinue that.
Someone high up in Aller Press is trying to do some damage control.

And with good reason. It's general payback time now! Celebs are queuing up to talk about examples about various methods used by the journalists at S&H.
Today another TV-host came out, telling about how she immediatly after having been at Rigshospitalet for a scan confirming her first pregnancy at 38, was phoned by a S&H reporter, who said: "We want an interview with you about your pregnancy, or we'll print the story anyway". - Regardless that you may yet suffer a miscarriage and that you wish to inform your friends and relatives in your own good time. In her vulnerable state she did agree to an interview.
That story will no doubt be on the main news tonight and it will extremely bad press for S&H and Aller.

Also Nets is in trouble, because of their, shall we say, lax interpretation of security.
So the ball is very much rolling and this is far from over.

Henrik Qvortrup's lawyer has announced that Henrik Qvortrup will plead not-guilty to any charges against him. Because he did nothing wrong. Interesting, since the police has not formally charged him with anything yet...

ADDED: Today Bettina Aller has apologized for the criminal activites taking place at Se & Hør.
http://nyhederne.tv2.dk/krimi/2014-0...-beklager-dybt
Bettina Aller is one of the owners of Aller Press and the apology is in line with the apology from the current editor-in-chief of S&H earlier today.

At the same time she believe S&H will survive and also that Aller Press will publish a statement next week based on the internal investigation.
Old 05-08-2014, 05:19 AM
Serene Highness

The danish police has secured that both Qvortrup and other editors and employees can get punished. The police has decided to use the "hackerparagraph".

Se og Hør-skandalen: Her er politiets snedige plan mod Qvortrup - Danmark | www.bt.dk
Old 05-08-2014, 06:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes, Aller Press, the journalists and editors have every reason to sleep badly at night.

Se og Hør-skandalen: Her er politiets snedige plan mod Qvortrup - Danmark | www.bt.dk

The police has found a way to circumnavigate the statutes of limitations, which are normally five years, but in grave cases ten years.
The IT guy at Nets have been charged according to two paragraphs in the Criminal Code and in the Law Regarding Marketing. The hacker paragrapf, the part that dealt with "particular severe cases" and the paragraph about misusing or selling bussiness secrets also under particular grave circumstances. The latter paragraph also cover industrial espionage, though not for a foreign power. - That will normally give up to 1½ years in prison, but particular grave circumstances means up to 6 years in prison.
The editors, Qvortrup among them, and the journalists are expected to be charged with being accomplices to a crime. A systematic and organised crime. The law is pretty harsh in that respect. Accompliches get the same punishment as the actual perpetrator. - In this case up to 6 years in prison.

Se listen: Her er paragrafferne som Qvortrup frygter | www.bt.dk
Here is a gallery with those who are standing litterally with one foot in prison.
1: The IT leak. - Up to six years, and we are not even talking private lawsuits yet. - As the journalists and editors at S&H are accomplishes, they will get a similar sentence to his.

2: Qvortrup. - He can end up being charged as an accomplish under the hacker paragraph which deals with particularly grave, and organised offenses.

3: The second-in-command at Aller Press' management, Per Ingdal. He can expect to be charged with paragraph in the Criminal Code dealing with bribes.

4: Former eiditor, Kim Henningsen, (he may have been even worse than Qvortrup himself). He and the employees can expect to be charged according to the paragraph dealing with accomplishes to a crime. See pic 1: Up to six years.

5: Aller Press. - Can expect a charge under the Law Regarding Marketing. Since they have profited on illegally obtained confidential information owned by or under the care of another company.
As accomplishes to a crime that can mean up to six years in prison.

- Danish members: Please feel free to correct me or elaborate on this. Im a little bit out of my depth when it comes to explianing paragraphs in English

And now for something more cheerful, we need it as a diversion from the S&H affair.
Whille reading the Q&A in Billed Bladet today I came across a question that made me smile:
A Susanne Top asked: Last year the Finnish President visited Denmark where Margrethe recieved him at the airport. My son was there as a guardsman that day. If there is a picture of that I would very much like to see it in BB".

- I know, it doesn't directly deals with the DRF but can there be anything more human and endearing than a mother who is proud of her son?

Jon Bloch Skipper responds politely that while there are many pics of QMII and the Finnish President inspecting the honor guard there are no pics focusing on the individual soldiers.

I bet she went to Amalienborg too and made a "Oh, mom. Please!"-picture like this: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ZGzcdKiYa1...enborg+040.JPG
Old 05-08-2014, 08:25 AM
Serene Highness

The chairman of the Aller-foundation has resigned due to the S&H-case

Allerfondens bestyrelsesformand trækker sig | Nyheder | DR
Old 05-08-2014, 09:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Indeed she has, FasterB, and not without a major row it seems!
Se og Hør-skandalen: Aller-formand trækker sig og kritiserer undersøgelse - Danmark | www.bt.dk

The chairman of the board of the Aller Foundation is, was, Linda Nielsen, professor at law and also a member of Crime Prevention Counsil.

Apparantly Linda Nielsen, called for a much more thorough internal investigation than that instigated by Aller Press, but she was in the minority.
And even though Linda Nielsen herself was not involved in the daily running of S&H she has decided to resign. She has not been able to stay on as chairman of the board while at the same time feeling she could maintain her integrity/with a clear consious.

- If more board members start to resign, it'll be really bad for Aller Press!
Old 05-08-2014, 10:01 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Se og Hør-skandalen: Aller-formand trækker sig og kritiserer undersøgelse - Danmark | www.bt.dk

The chairman of the board of the Aller Foundation is, was, Linda Nielsen, professor at law and also a member of Crime Prevention Counsil.

Apparantly Linda Nielsen, called for a much more thorough internal investigation than that instigated by Aller Press, but she was in the minority.
And even though Linda Nielsen herself was not involved in the daily running of S&H she has decided to resign. She has not been able to stay on as chairman of the board while at the same time feeling she could maintain her integrity/with a clear consious.

Wow, I take the hat off for her for keeping to her principles
Old 05-08-2014, 01:02 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
And now for something more cheerful, we need it as a diversion from the S&H affair.
Whille reading the Q&A in Billed Bladet today I came across a question that made me smile:
A Susanne Top asked: Last year the Finnish President visited Denmark where Margrethe recieved him at the airport. My son was there as a guardsman that day. If there is a picture of that I would very much like to see it in BB".

- I know, it doesn't directly deals with the DRF but can there be anything more human and endearing than a mother who is proud of her son?

Jon Bloch Skipper responds politely that while there are many pics of QMII and the Finnish President inspecting the honor guard there are no pics focusing on the individual soldiers.

I bet she went to Amalienborg too and made a "Oh, mom. Please!"-picture like this: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ZGzcdKiYa1...enborg+040.JPG

this is very cute
I think i need to head to Denmark to continue my "tradition" of posing with the guards
Old 05-08-2014, 02:19 PM
Courtier

Quote:

This is all quite a mess! A sad situation, but not surprising. Unfortunately I bet similar things happen all the time, everywhere.

Both this situation and the mess over the past couple of years with the press in the UK have woken me up to the fact that many of us, not just the rich and famous, are very vulnerable to violations of privacy, on so many levels. I now know how easy it would be for someone to sell my credit card information, or listen in on my cell phone conversations, or steal my emails, or take a picture of me on private property from a mile away. I'm protected by the fact that I'm neither rich nor famous and I can't see anyone especially wanting access to my info, but still, it's all there for the taking.
Old 05-08-2014, 03:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Politiet om Se og Hør-skandalen: Flere sigtelser på vej - Danmark | www.bt.dk

The Nets source was questioned by the police again today and formally charged with "disturbing peace (i.e. privacy) and honor" and with crimes regarding "enrichement".
As mentioned before that means that if he is eventually charged and found guilty of these crimes, the journalists, editors and Aller management can be charged with the same and get the same sentence as him.

You are absolutely right, Camelot23ca.

I don't envy the clebs who are particularly vulnerable.

There are an incredible number of registers out there and I think we would be appalled if we knew how much just ordinary businesses know about us. And I have very little confidence that underpaid and often poorly trained/educated staff who have access to personal information can resist the temptation to peek once in a while.
It can be your neighbors daughter who checks the residents in the neighborhood to see who is on a deadbeat register and all of a sudden that info will find it's way through Twitter or whatever. And soon the whole neighborhood knows.

If we are to llok at the positive side of this, and we we should, then at least here in DK the security regarding registers will be tightened considerably after this mess.
What about your countries? Has this even hit the press outside DK? Because if it happens here it will happen or has happened elsewhere. - Well, then you'll have to wait for a similar scandal to occour before something will be done in your countries...
Old 05-09-2014, 12:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Since chairman of the board, Linda Nielsen, resigned - very loudly - yesterday. The top brass at Aller has suddenly decided that their internal investigation shall be much more thorough...
http://nyhederne.tv2.dk/samfund/2014...g-h%C3%B8r-sag

- Well, there is a very polular and very dry idiom here in DK: You take a stand - until you change your mind...
Old 05-13-2014, 07:53 AM
Heir Apparent

The wheels of investigation are slowly turning.

In the meantime S&H has been punished by it's readers: Læserne straffer Se og Hør: Så meget er salget faldet - Danmark | www.bt.dk

For the second week in a row the sale of S&H has dropped. Last week 10 % below average, this week 20 % below.

The discount chain Lidl, has boycotted the mag.

- But don't worry the sale will go up again eventually, unless another magazine takes over.
Old 05-14-2014, 06:14 AM
Heir Apparent

The Se & Hør case continues.

Derfor ransager politiet først Se og Hør nu | Nyhederne.tv2.dk
Politiet ransager Aller: Se og Hør-journalister anholdt - Danmark | www.bt.dk

The police has today showed up with search warrants at S&H and seized computers and phones.
Aller Press as a company has been formally charged.

The police also showed up at the homes of a S&H journalist, the home of the author who started this and the publisher who published his book.
The author and the journalist were formally arrested and have now been released after questioning.

- So the police now have some pretty solid ground to work on.
Old 05-18-2014, 05:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Day by day more and more details in the Se & Hør scandal is emerging.

The author claims that among the material seized by the police is evidence directly implicationg the CEO knowing about the illegally methods as late as 2011.

If that is the case Aller may be in serious trouble! Because proceeds from criminal activities are routinely confiscated. It has never happened in regards to the press before, as this is such an exeptional case, but the court can based on this confiscate the entire proceed from the sale of S&H during the period the illegal activities took place. - And that's serious money!!

It seems like the editor in chief succeeding Qvortrup. Kim Henningsen went even further. Apart from apparantly ignoring a direct order from his CEO to stop using the source at Nets, he seems to have gone even further.
And yesterday the newpaper Jyllands Posten produced a document from a meeting at S&H, where there was deep concern about the dropping sale of S&H and as such the photographers were ordered to become even more aggressive. That seems to have almost resulted in a traffic accident in Geneva, while pursuing Princess Marie and apparantly other dangerous episodes risking other people's safety.
If that is the case, those who wish to sue S&H have a very good case indeed! Because then it is a systematic strategy by S&H and one of the Monaco royals (Princess Caroline) won a civil suit at German magazines at the Human Rights Tribunal some years back, based on exactly that.
http://www.bt.dk/danmark/se-og-hoers...lige-biljagter
Old 05-18-2014, 07:13 AM
Serene Highness

I have been more or less offline for the weekend, so I like the that fact that I can go here and catch up on the S&H-case. It´s crazy what is going on...
Old 05-19-2014, 05:40 PM
Heir Apparent

The very latest in the Se & Hør scandal is that the publishing house behind S&H, Aller, has been charged by the police for bribery.

Aller sigtet for bestikkelse - Media | www.business.dk

It is very rare indeed here in DK, that journalists, let alone a publishing house is being charged with that particular crime.

If found guilty, Aller, will be fined in relation to the profit generated by Aller DK during the period this took place (now around 2007-2012). That means the fine could be record breaking.
In fact there appears to be no precedence here in DK for this, so the outcome of a trial will be most interesting!
Old 05-20-2014, 11:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Link to be moved to the links section.

Royalista - The go-to place for everything royal

Royalista.com (here in English)

It's a new site about royals, owned by Aller and based on the work by the Journalists from Billed Bladet, and a number of international royal reporters and bloggers as well.

So far the site will be in Danish and English, but if it becomes a commercial success it may come in a German and Spanish version as well.

You can read about the background of the site here at business.dk: Nu skal hele verden læse kongelige, danske nyheder - Media | www.business.dk

- As far as I can tell it's an attempt to get a solid foothold in the lucrative market in regards to royal stuff.
Old 05-20-2014, 11:31 AM
Heir Apparent

They've trolled Pinterest and asked participants if they want to contribute; they asked me.

It's a very nice site.
Old 05-20-2014, 12:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Interesting dbarn67

It's tempting to ask whether you are or will be one of the contributers.

Anyway, I've glanced briefly at the site and the impression so far is that it is based mainly on royal enthusiasts/bloggers who write small articles, which at least in a number of cases is proofread/approved by the professionel journalists at BB.

I also believe it's aimed predominantly (at least so far) at young people who have an interest in royalty. There is a lack of in depth material for the hardcore royalist IMO.

Tags
crown prince frederik, crown princess mary, danish royal family, danish royals, prince frederik, prince henrik, prince joachim, princess benedikte, princess marie, princess mary, queen margerthe