The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-04-2009, 04:48 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Flag Day Commemorating Foreign Conflict Since 1948; September 5th (2009, 2012-2014)

Quote:
September 5
The Queen, Prince Consort and the Crown Prince Couple will attend the commemoration of the institute of Flag Day Danish serving abroad since 2 World War II, at Holmen Church at 11:00
Event will take place tomorrow for the first time.
The event will be shown live on TV2

Old 09-04-2009, 05:12 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

How wonderful. No Prince Joachim?
Can't wait for tommorow.

Old 09-05-2009, 08:44 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

a video and another video from the event
article and a picture here from inside the church
Old 09-05-2009, 09:04 AM
Serene Highness

It's a bit sad that prince Joachim and princess Marie did not take part to this celebration! It's a country event and it would have been appropriate that they attended to this mass in order to commemorate fallen soldiers for Denmark.

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 09-05-2009, 10:21 AM
Heir Apparent

This looks like a very dignified and lovely tribute to the lost soldiers. I am pleased to see that Denmark is making this an annual event. Hopefully, the entire DRF will be present at next year's events.
Berlingske has an article about the event to honor soliders:
http://www.berlingske.dk/article/200...igen/90905003/
Old 09-05-2009, 11:33 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgl View Post
This looks like a very dignified and lovely tribute to the lost soldiers. I am pleased to see that Denmark is making this an annual event. Hopefully, the entire DRF will be present at next year's events.
Berlingske has an article about the event to honor soliders:
Historisk dag for soldaterne - Krigen
Next years event?
It's a wonderful event.
Old 09-05-2009, 11:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
Next years event?
It's a wonderful event.
Perhaps its just wishful thinking on my part or a detail that was lost in translation. It was stated that this was the first Flag Day, so I took this to mean that the event would happen again.
Old 09-05-2009, 11:43 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgl View Post
Perhaps its just wishful thinking on my part or a detail that was lost in translation. It was stated that this was the first Flag Day, so I took this to mean that the event would happen again.
Ahh I see what you mean. I do hope this is made an annual event. The soldiers must be extremly proud of their country.
Old 09-05-2009, 01:48 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Picture galleries

bt.dk gallery ** jp.dk
Old 09-05-2009, 04:19 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccile View Post
It's a bit sad that prince Joachim and princess Marie did not take part to this celebration! It's a country event and it would have been appropriate that they attended to this mass in order to commemorate fallen soldiers for Denmark.
I agree totally! No wonder their rating in popularity is so low. If they cannot even bother to attend something this important, maybe they should not be able to pick up their pay raise. These men and women are dying for their country. They should be able to spare a few hours from one of their many concerts to honor them.
Old 09-05-2009, 06:17 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee4855 View Post
I agree totally! No wonder their rating in popularity is so low. If they cannot even bother to attend something this important, maybe they should not be able to pick up their pay raise. These men and women are dying for their country. They should be able to spare a few hours from one of their many concerts to honor them.
A strong opinion, which I agree with. I don't think either Marie or Joachim had anything schedueled for today.
Old 09-05-2009, 07:06 PM
Heir Apparent

I do agree that the entire family should have attended, but does anyone know if they were invited? It is possible that perhaps only the Queen, Prince Consort and the Crown Prince couple were invited. If Joachim and Marie were invited and didn't show up, then that is not good, IMO; but if they weren't invited, then they can't be blamed for not attending (just my opinion).
Old 09-05-2009, 07:53 PM
Courtier

I have seen the Prince in a uniform so he must be a member of the armed services just like the CP, CPrincess, Queen and PC. That is why I do not understand why they would not be invitied. I wish there is some way we could find out for sure.
Old 09-05-2009, 08:10 PM
Majesty

I don't think we should worry too much about Joachim's and Marie's absence at this event. The presence of only the regent couple and the crown prince couple is no different than what is happening in other countries when only the regnant and cp couples attend major functions.
Old 09-06-2009, 06:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Gallery PPE
Old 09-06-2009, 08:24 AM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

Although I would like to see Joachim and Marie, I think the royal family is perfectly well represented! They all look radiant and the soldiers must be proud of their royal family, as lumutqueen said. Events like these make a nation so connected to its royal family, IMO
Old 09-06-2009, 09:43 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee4855 View Post
I have seen the Prince in a uniform so he must be a member of the armed services just like the CP, CPrincess, Queen and PC. That is why I do not understand why they would not be invitied. I wish there is some way we could find out for sure.
TV 2 Sporten - Kongelig hylder Stephan Andersen

Looks like Joachim attented the game between 'Denmark and Portugal.

The Danish goalkeeper Stephan Andersen had great honor of Denmark's 1-1 against Portugal.
The goal
keepers action impressed even Prince Joachim.
Old 09-06-2009, 12:13 PM
Courtier

Thank you Binz! They are not a huge RF like most of the others so his absence is very noticeable.
Old 09-06-2009, 12:15 PM
Administrator

No, they are not a large family but we also need to realize that sometimes, Joachim and his family will not be in attendance. As of now, Joachim and his sons are 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th in line to the throne. When Fred was unmarried and didn't have any kids, Joachim, Felix and Nikolai had more of a media presence but now as they get older and further from secession, that might not be necessary except for us royal watchers.

I think both HM and Crown Princess Mary looked lovely for such a solemn occasion.

Old 09-06-2009, 12:46 PM
Serene Highness

The queen and the princess seem to have a good relationship! We can see the 2 women laughing and talking together at the end of the ceremony.

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/

Tags
danish royals, inaugural flag day