State Visit from The Netherlands to Denmark: March 17-19, 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous:lovely pictures :flowers:

A huge gallery from Samso School
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.810628472335862.1073741884.110340282364688&type=1

special attention to these pictures were Frederik talks to students from Greenland
"Greenland and the Greenlandic people have a special place in the royal family's hearts. Our Greenlandic students also got a little extra attention from Crown Prince Frederik."
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd...._=1433633216_72bb4fc3a0fa2b19664c0e93d95e8bfd
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd...._=1434637749_cbe97011b8fbf1d5c568674c0bdd9149
https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...=e9cdf2650848728468066550f09249f9&oe=55B67631

he is too sweet

Uh, uh, you are tempting me, MidwestMom. :p

I shall refrain from suggesting she is in need of a new botox injection. Nor shall I mention that she in all likelihood is facing the most disastrous general election in the history of the Social Democratic party later this year.
But I will merely observe that she looks her age...

Ah, a difficult election coming up. We'll leave it at that. Thanks, Muhler.

Last edited by a moderator:
How thoughtful of Queen Máxima to choose a Danish designer, Claes Iversen, for her arrival outfit. It is also refreshing to leave the known path (Natan).

:flowers:

that's a nice gesture indeed. i never heard mary wearing that danish designer, did she?

i really loved maxima's saphire tiara last evening. it's one of my favourite of hers. and that lovely gown!! i'm so happy to see it being recycled. it should be. it's amazing. i'm also very in love with maxima's beige ensemble today - she looks out of another era, and so does mary, as if they got organised to look slightly vintage today :) (http://www.bt.dk/sites/default/files-dk/node-images/434/8/8434389-.jpg)

concerning the orders given out in this state visit, it's refreshing that frederik and mary got the highest dutch order. it really shows how close both families are. i assume WA and maxima already hold danish orders - were they given the order of the elephant this time?

This visit has been very well covered indeed here in DK!

And now for some trivia you can use the next time you are seated next to a bore at a party: The pupils at the continuation school the royals visited today have conducted an experiment, showing that if you subject bean-plants to pop-music for IIRC 22 days, they'll die... :sick::frazzled::beamup:

Only goes to prove that no livable pop-music has been produced since Abba...

ADDED: Samsø and it's 4.000 inhabitants get their energy from eleven medium sized windmills. Plus additional ten ocean-based windmills, just in case and as an additional backup. These windmills are owned and run by the locals at the cost of some 250 million DKK. The high price tag is due to Samsø being pioneers in regards to total selfreliance on energy. But since windmills require a minimum of maintenance and it's always windy here in DK, the investment is quietly paying itself back.

Last edited:
I wonder why Princess Elisabeth still has no Dutch Order. None from Queen Juliana, Queen Beatrix and King Willem-Alexander. Or does she have a Dutch Order but forgot to wear it?

HM The Queen
Dame Grootkruis in de Orde van de Nederlandse Leeuw

HRH The Prince Consort
Ridder Grootkruis in de Orde van de Nederlandse Leeuw

HRH The Crown Prince
Ridder Grootkruis in de Orde van de Nederlandse Leeuw (most exceptional for heirs!)

HRH The Crown Princess
Dame Grootkruis in de Orde van de Nederlandse Leeuw (most exceptional for heirs!)

HRH Prince Joachim of Denmark
Grootkruis in de Kroonorde (Huisorde van Oranje)

HRH Princess Marie of Denmark

HRH Princess Benedikte of Denmark, Princess zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg

HH Prince Richard zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg

HH Princess Elisabeth of Denmark
No Dutch Order?

See picture (Princess Elisabeth at the right of the picture)

I wonder why Princess Elisabeth still has no Dutch Order. None from Queen Juliana, Queen Beatrix and King Willem-Alexander. Or does she have a Dutch Order but forgot to wear it?

HM The Queen
Dame Grootkruis in de Orde van de Nederlandse Leeuw

HRH The Prince Consort
Ridder Grootkruis in de Orde van de Nederlandse Leeuw

HRH The Crown Prince
Ridder Grootkruis in de Orde van de Nederlandse Leeuw (most exceptional for heirs!)

HRH The Crown Princess
Dame Grootkruis in de Orde van de Nederlandse Leeuw (most exceptional for heirs!)

HRH Prince Joachim of Denmark

HRH Princess Marie of Denmark

HRH Princess Benedikte of Denmark, Princess zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg

HH Prince Richard zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg

HH Princess Elisabeth of Denmark
No Dutch Order?

See picture (Princess Elisabeth at the right of the picture)

Presumably because she's never received one? And that may because A) She's never been to the Netherlands and B) She's not an active royal.

I think you're gonna love this video from BB: VIDEO: Kronprins Frederik: Ærgerligt vi ikke fik set mere til hinanden | Billed Bladet

Being royal chauffeurs and PET officers is a hard, hard job, but someone gotta do it. And refueling is needed from time to time... http://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelig...iges-sikkerhedskortege-slukkede-kaffetoersten
Here outside Bispebjerg Hospital in Copenhagen.

King WA and Queen Maxima visited the psycriatic ward at Bispebjerg Hospital, some of the equipment has been supplied by Dutch firms: http://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige/holland/det-hollandske-kongepar-besoegte-bispebjerg-hospital

ADDED: From Royalista: http://royalista.com/93307/mary-and-maxima-enjoy-a-day-of-island-sightseeing/

Last edited:
I think you're gonna love this video from BB: VIDEO: Kronprins Frederik: Ærgerligt vi ikke fik set mere til hinanden | Billed Bladet

Being royal chauffeurs and PET officers is a hard, hard job, but someone gotta do it. And refueling is needed from time to time... Her er billederne: De kongeliges sikkerhedskortege slukkede kaffetørsten | Billed Bladet
Here outside Bispebjerg Hospital in Copenhagen.

King WA and Queen Maxima visited the psycriatic ward at Bispebjerg Hospital, some of the equipment has been supplied by Dutch firms: Det hollandske kongepar besøgte Bispebjerg Hospital | Billed Bladet

ADDED: From Royalista: Mary and Máxima enjoy a day of island sightseeing | Royalista

Wow, just wow! One of the best royal videos I have seen - anyone who loves jewels, embroidery on a gown, curtseys, friendliness between royals etc etc will indeed love this video!
The height of the Dutch king and queen never ceases to amaze me.

No tiaras, what a bore. No surprise though, at least it wasn't in a day time outfit as was the case at the return event in Japan (in all fairness: the event was during the afternoon).

Thanks for the video Muhler, it even shows Pss Elisabeth arriving. Every time Joachim bows that way I wonder if he will knock somebody over, like in the Mr. Bean sketch. And despite them having no tiaras, the diamonds glitter much more than they did yesterday due to the light.

Nice that Q. Maxima stuck to (Danish-)Dutch designers for the entire visit, as was the case in Japan. Let's hope that she will continue to do so.

Last edited:
I agree, the diamond rivière worn by Queen Máxima was amazingly spectacular in that video. Yesterday and today she was the best bejewelled qua diamonds. Queen Margrethe -of course- qua pearls.

Wonderful video and very interesting too! WA talking German with Benedikte and Richard, Máxima talking French with Marie and both talking French with Henrik. And this time no curtsey from Mary just friendly kissing. :)

Lovely video! The glitter of Maxima's jewels is phantastic, and I love her gown. Mary looks stunning as well, what is she wearing in her hair? The King and Prince Richard greet each other in German. And you are right about Joachim, Marengo. The King was in serious danger of a broken nose. Being a perfect gentlan he took care that the ladies don't get too cold. (Add some tiaras and this would be utter perfection. Sorry, I had to say it ;))

Lovely video! The glitter of Maxima's jewels is phantastic, and I love her gown. Mary looks stunning as well, what is she wearing in her hair? The King and Prince Richard greet each other in German. And you are right about Joachim, Marengo. The King was in serious danger of a broken nose. Being a perfect gentlan he took care that the ladies don't get too cold. (Add some tiaras and this would be utter perfection. Sorry, I had to say it ;))

the video was indeed wonderful, especially as we could hear King Willem Alexander's comments very clearly:flowers:I also liked how considerate the Dutch King and Queen were of the older guests, with the King going to the door of her car to help Queen Margrethe out of it:flowers: Also charming was how Queen Margrethe also wore orange and how King Willem Alexander complimented her on the colour! Now, about the dancing....ballet in a boxing ring?:bang:

They all looked lovely, except Margarethe and Henrick looked like cartoon figures. The clothes were awful. The people beautiful, as they are.

I thought Henrik looked his lovable cuddly self last night. And as Gerry says HM Qu Margrethe wore Orange which the Dutch Royal House is known as the House of Orange. As people get older they don't always have to look chic. And Qu Margrethe is capable of looking chic even at her age. Her choice tonight was in deference to her hosts.

Last edited:
The color wasn't my statement, it was just ugly, I am sorry, she is a lovely woman, but between that gown and the purple jacket of her husband it looked silly. And they are both wonderful people.

Oh, by the way, I am older, not quite as old as they, but close. The condescending idea that older people do not have to look chic is ridiculous. My Mother just recently past away as she was a few weeks from 100, and she said it is important to always look your best. It shows you are healthy and in good mental health. She was with it to the end and she always dressed beautifully, better than I do.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tiaras would have been the icing on the Dutch-Danish cake :D

DM King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima signed shortly before departure from Fredensborg Palace 19 March 2015 a window pane. It has more than 140 years been customary for heads of state and guests of princely rank indridser their names in a window in one of the castle windows at the end of a visit. Read more about the practice .
The images can be downloaded for editorial use - please see Press Photos .
Photographer: Christian Meyer, The Royal Family ©

Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

What happens with the castle windows afterwards? Will the be displayed?

Prince Henrik spoke french at his arrival . His Royal Shoes with a Crown and H .....

Back
Top Bottom