The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-17-2015, 05:35 PM
Majesty

TV2 main channel is showing the gala now and one of the commentators said about Mary wearing a less spectacular tiara, was simply out of respect for Queen Maxima.
Mary and QM are of similar age, so Mary dressed down out of respect and for not being seen trying to upstage a Majesty.

Old 03-17-2015, 05:35 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by suztav View Post
Doesn't Maxima's gown look very similar to the one she wore to her husband's inauguration -- sans the cape? It certainly is the very same color.
It is the same gown! A daring choice, but appropriate as this is also her inaugural visit as Queen to Denmark

Old 03-17-2015, 05:37 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Wonderful to see Princess Benedikte and her husband Prince Richard of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg present.

H.M.King Willem-Alexander
Belga

http://portal.belgaimage.be/editoria...-scrollTop:562

H.M. Queen Margrethe II

Belga

http://portal.belgaimage.be/editoria...-scrollTop:562

PPE

http://www.ppe-agency.com/show.php?z...2015%20Banquet
Old 03-17-2015, 05:41 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
It is Jan Taminiau's masterpiece, without the cape.

Thank you!
Old 03-17-2015, 06:00 PM
Serene Highness

Is HM wearing a new gown? This colour appears a little different from her other gown of similar style.
Old 03-17-2015, 06:10 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarlita View Post
Is HM wearing a new gown? This colour appears a little different from her other gown of similar style.
Jesper H°vring said that it was a new dress made by... Hmm... Was it Birgitte Thaulow? Anyway, he said that Queen Margrethe wore a new dress.
Old 03-17-2015, 06:10 PM
Serene Highness

what a shame to see Mary in just her wedding tiara. I was holding out for the Ruby. It would be a bit too grand to wear the Ruby to the return dinner.
Old 03-17-2015, 06:13 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by G÷mdNatt View Post
what a shame to see Mary in just her wedding tiara. I was holding out for the Ruby. It would be a bit too grand to wear the Ruby to the return dinner.
As Muhler pointed out earlier then the theory is that CPss Mary opted for the wedding tiara out of respect for Queen Mßxima.

Muhler┤s post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
TV2 main channel is showing the gala now and one of the commentators said about Mary wearing a less spectacular tiara, was simply out of respect for Queen Maxima.
Mary and QM are of similar age, so Mary dressed down out of respect and for not being seen trying to upstage a Majesty.
Old 03-17-2015, 06:14 PM
Heir Apparent

The blue one? No she wore it on April 30th 2013 as well: see picture

The diadem is different, the middle aigrette with large central sapphire is back on top:

April 30th 2013: a large round diamond instead of the middle aigrette (a round bridge flow)

Tonight: with middle aigrette, making the diadem more "gothic" (a more pointy bridge flow)

Old 03-17-2015, 06:16 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarlita View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FasterB View Post
Jesper H°vring said that it was a new dress made by... Hmm... Was it Birgitte Thaulow? Anyway, he said that Queen Margrethe wore a new dress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
The blue one? No she wore it on April 30th 2013 as well:
Just to made clear: I┤m referring to HM Queen Margrethe
Old 03-17-2015, 06:19 PM
Heir Apparent

I stand corrected, there were three persons with the prefix HM

And a fourth who wished he had the prefix HM too...
Old 03-17-2015, 06:23 PM
Serene Highness

Oh, don┤t stand corrected, Duc_et_Pair, I just made it clear, when the light went up for me that there were at least two persons to fit the prefix HM and the word gown
Old 03-17-2015, 06:25 PM
Majesty

https://ru-royalty.livejournal.com/2....html#comments

The above post by kapenot88 contains photos of the state banquet.
Old 03-17-2015, 06:32 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by FasterB View Post
As Muhler pointed out earlier then the theory is that CPss Mary opted for the wedding tiara out of respect for Queen Mßxima.

Muhler┤s post:
somehow I imagine Max would have loved to have seen the Ruby out on display. I feel like we see the Ruby tiara so little, this would have been the perfect time for it.

Love Margrethe's new dress. it's a gorgeous cut and color.
Old 03-17-2015, 06:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
The big show starts now! M&F and J&M arriving.

Ah, for once Frederik don't sit next to the Prime Minister. Good!
If she should bite him, he would have to sleep in a coffin in the basement for eternity...
Is there a security issue that you wish to share with us Muhler???
Old 03-17-2015, 06:40 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree. Queen Mßxima is the last one to feel envy about other ladies wearing nice pieces. She knows she has an enormous collection and is able to engage into the eh.... "competition"...

It is not clear how ladies chose. When Queen Beatrix visited Denmark, she wore her smallest diadem, see picture (click on the picture itself to expand). So size seems not important here.

Note also that back then the Queen used her ancient silver. Tonight she used 19th C gilded tableware.

Old 03-17-2015, 06:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Watching DR's coverage now - much better than TV2's - as usual. Great speeches. But no Margrethe isn't a good speaker, and it gets worse as the years goes me thinks. But the lady is also 75 years.

Mary not wearing her biggest tiara tonight? Over the years we have seen that Mary tends to "dress down" in jewels to events which are not about her/or her and Frederik. Tonight's gala the "main characters" are the Regent couple and the visiting King and Queen of the Netherlands. As the commentators indeed said it's what Mary is so brilliant to and it says a lot about her down to earth personality

It has really been wonderful to see all that warmth. And the King and Queen showing their appreciation for F&M giving them such a high order. The two young couples must definitely feel a special bond and caring for each other. They just have a huge responsibility on their tiny shoulders which only very few in this world can understand.
Old 03-17-2015, 06:43 PM
Commoner

I agree - I really like Queen Margrethe's dress. It's a style that really suits her and the material is just gorgeous
Old 03-17-2015, 06:44 PM
Majesty

Maxima looks stunning! I'm glad she wore that amazing gown again.
Old 03-17-2015, 06:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Do you have a video of the Queen's Speech ?

Tags
king willem-alexander, prince henrik, queen margrethe, queen margrethe ii, queen maxima, state visit