The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-17-2015, 03:00 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Perhaps we were optimistic and hoped to see pictures of the departure on the 19th. But you are right, it officially ends tomorrow already.

==

The NOS website says it will broadcast the king's speech live, on 20:00 on www.nos.nl, which is rather surprising.

Old 03-17-2015, 03:01 PM
Moderator Emeritus
Royal Blogger

Lovely coat for Mary. I'm not a fan of Máxima's coat, it just looks so big..

Old 03-17-2015, 03:06 PM
Heir Apparent

As we can see in this large gallery, Frederik and WA were also at the University : D
Robin Utrecht | Photoshelter

love pictures 223 of the relationship between Frederik and WA
and 235
Old 03-17-2015, 03:15 PM
Majesty

State Banquet is to begin any minute now,the guards within the Palace are all in place now at Christiansborg.What sparkling beauty will await us,mere lurkers...
Old 03-17-2015, 03:16 PM
Majesty

https://ru-royalty.livejournal.com/2837324.html

The above post by kapenot88 contains photos of the Dutch State visit to Denmark (Day 1).

Crown Princess Mary's hat and hairstyle look awkward to me. Mme Helle Thorning-Schmidt looks rough in a red suit.
Old 03-17-2015, 03:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Richard zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg was the scapegoat for the romance of Princess Beatrix of the Netherlands with Claus von Amsberg.

Via Prince Richard, his friend Claus von Amsberg (a German aristocrat) was invited for the pre-wedding ball of his sister Princess Tatiana zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg with Prince Moritz, Landgrave of Hessen. It was there, on that ball, that Prince Willem-Alexander's mother and father definitely fell for each other.

What a wonderful geste for Prince Richard to travel to the airport for the welcome ceremony!

Old 03-17-2015, 03:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Once again it's geo-blocked, at least at the moment:
this link works
LIVE: Følg det royale gallataffel her | GO'
Old 03-17-2015, 03:26 PM
Serene Highness

I'm not geo-blocked from Germany,
Can somebody explain who the man is standing atop the stairs and greeting the guests?
Thanks
Old 03-17-2015, 03:30 PM
Majesty

DR1 are right now covering the arrival of the guests for the gala dinner at Christiansborg.
One commentator is the former master of ceremony, Christian Eugen Olsen, who must be said to be eminently suited for that task!

Tv2 cover the speeches and state visit at 20.50.

- But lets have a look at the main event tomorrow: The visit to the island of Samsø.
Apart from being an idyllic holiday island with surprisingly nice summer weather (something to do the geography), the island is also 100 % covered by sustainable energy, which means that the island energy wise is carbon neutral. That makes the island and it's 4.000 inhabitants a living showcase for the Danish export in sustainable energy solutions. There is good money, very good money, in carbon neutral energy!

On top of that Samsø, where I often went on holiday as a child, has the by far best potatoes in DK.

Here are some idyllic pics from the island. Some twenty years ago I met an American war veteran who had settled on the island. Here he and his shattered nerves had found peace, in every meaning of the word.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi.../c6/Samsoe.jpg
http://www.samsolejrskole.dk/pageimg/page__33_2.jpg
http://www.fotoagent.dk/billeder/549...28Small%29.jpg - Yes, this type of windmill that is now considered archetypical Danish, came to Denmark with, you guessed it, Dutch settlers in the 1600's.
http://www.denstoredanske.dk/@api/de..._20_resize.JPG
http://www.visitsamsoe.dk/wp-content...sitSamsoe5.jpg
http://www.blog.margit-patchwork.dk/...5/DSC_4266.jpg
http://b.bimg.dk/node-images/345/220...t-affald--.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte_Aster View Post
I'm not geo-blocked from Germany,
Can somebody explain who the man standing atop the stairs and greeting the guests is?
Thanks
That's the current Master of Ceremonies.
Old 03-17-2015, 03:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Is Christiansborg the usual venue for State Banquets? I thought these were usually held in one of the four mansions of Amalienborg?
Old 03-17-2015, 03:35 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
That's the current Master of Ceremonies.
Wasn't that the new Lord Chamberlain, Michael Ehrenreich?
I saw him greet the arriving guests.
Old 03-17-2015, 03:37 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Is Christiansborg the usual venue for State Banquets? I thought these were usually held in one of the four mansions of Amalienborg?
The most common place for a gala dinner is at Fredensborg, followed closely by Christiansborg and only ocassionally at Amalienborg.
Old 03-17-2015, 03:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

The fact there's live video coverage of the State Banquet get me excited.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 03-17-2015, 03:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The most common place for a gala dinner is at Fredensborg, followed closely by Christiansborg and only ocassionally at Amalienborg.
Ah merci. I believe the venue at Christiansborg can house the most guests for diner?

Just saw Princess Marie arriving on TV2, no smiles and no greeting towards the guards, hmmm...

How great that the Danes broadcast the arrival of the guests!!!

I would have "spiced up" that entrance to Christiansborg with flower arrangements and guards lining the stairs with torchlights. It looks a bit empty and cold, so now and then I had the idea the video is frozen but it were just the guards making no any move.
Old 03-17-2015, 03:47 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roskilde View Post
However, I have never understood why it's called a three-day visit. The visit ends tomorrow night, no more events from there. So don't understand why March 19th is written as part of the visit.
I think it´s called a 3 day visit, because King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima are in Denmark from the 17th to the 19th ie. leaving DK on the 19th

Quote:
Hmm, didn´t I hear Chr. Eugen-Olsen telling that State Banquets is most at Christiansborg? Or perhaps it was the journalist from DR.

Because I agree with you, Muhler, that the most common place is Fredensborg, then Christiansborg and then Amalienborg.

I wonder how they choose where a state banquet is to be held
Old 03-17-2015, 03:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by FasterB View Post
[...]

I wonder how they choose where a state banquet is to be held
I heard it has also to do with the size of the venue, Christiansborg having the biggest space for a state banquet of the three palaces?
Old 03-17-2015, 03:54 PM
Super Moderator

Queen Máxima wears the big sapphire tiara she wore for the Inaguration but back in the original setting with higher Cengter and a bis sappire broosh. Queen Margrethe as expected the Orange-Nassau pearl suite.
Old 03-17-2015, 03:55 PM
Majesty

While waiting for more from the gala, here is a BT gallery comparing Queen Maxima and Mary: Se de mange ligheder mellem Mary og Maxima | www.bt.dk
Old 03-17-2015, 03:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Queen Máxima wears the big sapphire tiara she wore for the Inaguration but back in the original setting with higher Cengter and a bis sappire broosh. Queen Margrethe as expected the Orange-Nassau pearl suite.
I saw it. I missed a collier but with the naked shoulders and the overpowering diadem I understand the choice to go without a collier.

Old 03-17-2015, 03:59 PM
Serene Highness

I love how the two queens alternated their colors Queen Margrethe in light blue dress with the dark blue order from The Netherlands and Queen Máxima in dark blue dress with the light blue order from Denmark

Tags
king willem-alexander, prince henrik, queen margrethe, queen margrethe ii, queen maxima, state visit