State Visit from The Netherlands to Denmark: March 17-19, 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is Christiansborg the usual venue for State Banquets? I thought these were usually held in one of the four mansions of Amalienborg?

The most common place for a gala dinner is at Fredensborg, followed closely by Christiansborg and only ocassionally at Amalienborg.

The fact there's live video coverage of the State Banquet get me excited.

The most common place for a gala dinner is at Fredensborg, followed closely by Christiansborg and only ocassionally at Amalienborg.

Ah merci. I believe the venue at Christiansborg can house the most guests for diner?

Just saw Princess Marie arriving on TV2, no smiles and no greeting towards the guards, hmmm...
:ermm:

How great that the Danes broadcast the arrival of the guests!!!

:flowers:

I would have "spiced up" that entrance to Christiansborg with flower arrangements and guards lining the stairs with torchlights. It looks a bit empty and cold, so now and then I had the idea the video is frozen but it were just the guards making no any move.

Last edited:
However, I have never understood why it's called a three-day visit. The visit ends tomorrow night, no more events from there. So don't understand why March 19th is written as part of the visit.
I think it´s called a 3 day visit, because King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima are in Denmark from the 17th to the 19th ie. leaving DK on the 19th :flowers:

Hmm, didn´t I hear Chr. Eugen-Olsen telling that State Banquets is most at Christiansborg? :ermm: Or perhaps it was the journalist from DR.

Because I agree with you, Muhler, that the most common place is Fredensborg, then Christiansborg and then Amalienborg.

I wonder how they choose where a state banquet is to be held :ohmy:

[...]

I wonder how they choose where a state banquet is to be held :ohmy:

I heard it has also to do with the size of the venue, Christiansborg having the biggest space for a state banquet of the three palaces?

Queen Máxima wears the big sapphire tiara she wore for the Inaguration but back in the original setting with higher Cengter and a bis sappire broosh. Queen Margrethe as expected the Orange-Nassau pearl suite.

Queen Máxima wears the big sapphire tiara she wore for the Inaguration but back in the original setting with higher Cengter and a bis sappire broosh. Queen Margrethe as expected the Orange-Nassau pearl suite.

I saw it. I missed a collier but with the naked shoulders and the overpowering diadem I understand the choice to go without a collier.

:flowers:

I love how the two queens alternated their colors Queen Margrethe in light blue dress with the dark blue order from The Netherlands and Queen Máxima in dark blue dress with the light blue order from Denmark

Great choice by the Queen / the royal floristers to opt for tulips as floral arrangements at the State Banquet!

Right, now that all the guests and the royals have arrived. The guests will now line up to greet the royals personally, before going into the hall, where the tables are laid.

Later on the royals will enter the hall to a fanfare and then proceed to their places.

The orchestra is the Music Corps of the Royal Lifeguard Regiment.

Probably a couple of, what do you call it, royal groupies?

Last edited by a moderator:
They use the big hall with the modern gobelins, I see. It looks splendid.

The King has been generous in decorating the who-is-who inside the Danish Household and society. I see a lot of Dutch decorations, worn by the Court Marshall, the Master off the Ceremonies, the Kammerherre, the Hofdame, some politicians, high officials, all with a Dutch decoration.

I must say the ladies, Dutch and Danish, look very well dressed (I mean the guests at the banquet). Very tasteful. I am surprised Queen Máxima did not travel with her Grandmastress, Marie Louise Baroness Van Zuylen van Nijevelt - den Beer Poortugael but "just" with one of her Hofdames, Ottoline-Antoinette Gaarlandt van Voorst van Beesd.

I see the Dutch Minister of Foreign Affairs has been given the Grand Cross of the Dannebrogordenen. And of course, Queen Máxima has now the Elefantenordenen as well... Congratulations.

The Crown Prince and -Princess have been given the highest civil Dutch Order already (Grootkruis in de Orde van de Nederlandse Leeuw), wow! That is extraordinary, the King and Queen have bypassed the second highest Order for the crown princely couple. Speaks volumes for the King's high regard and appreciation towards Frederik and Mary!

I missed the arrival of Fred & Mary because the transmission broke off. What did she wear?

No surprise that Queen Margrethe wore the tiara with the Dutch origin. But I did not expect to see Maxima in blue, although it works well with order of the elephant. Great to see that the big sapphire tiara is convertible, I love those versatile lego jewels.

I missed the arrival of Fred & Mary because the transmission broke off. What did she wear?

I missed their arrival too as my link broked off as well.

Something else... What time do you think such a gala ends? Frederik & Mary and Willem-Alexander & Maxima is scheduled to board the ferry from to Samsø already 8:15am tomorrow morning. Plus it takes at least 1:30 hours to drive from Copenhagen to Kalundborg where the ferry is sailing from in the morning traffic. I guess they don't get many hours of sleep to night.

Regarding the floral arrangements:
"The floral decorations at the State Banquet consist of carnations and spring flowers, primarily narcissuses in green, white and cream-coloured shades. The flowers are arranged lightly and are placed on the tables in centrepieces that originate from Frederik VI's dessert service with motifs of sea lions, small guardian spirits and dolphins"

From kongehuset.dk

So no tulips.. but still lovely.

The big show starts now! M&F and J&M arriving.

Ah, for once Frederik don't sit next to the Prime Minister. Good!
If she should bite him, he would have to sleep in a coffin in the basement for eternity...

So Mary wears her Wedding tiara and not even in the pearl setting. But interesting to see that she got the highest dutch order and not a lower ranking one as of for example in Sweden the wive of the Heir to the Throne get the lower ranking Order of the Polar Star and only after the accession the Seraphim.

Oh no! Mary only wears the small wedding tiara. Does that mean that the return invitation tomorrow will be without tiaras?

Oh no! Mary only wears the small wedding tiara. Does that mean that the return invitation tomorrow will be without tiaras?

No ofcourse not,new sparkles and gems tomorrow!

The King really must have genuine appreciation for Crown Prince Frederik and -Princess Mary. It is most unusual that a crown princely couple already receives the highest decorations of the Netherlands. What a lovely geste.

The Dutch should do the same like the Danes and broadcast this sort of events too, via the NOS News Channel. I really enjoy the broadcast by TV2. Queen Margrethe's Orange-Nassau heirloom diadem is awesomely beautiful in real life.

The Dutch should do the same like the Danes and broadcast this sort of events too, via the NOS News Channel. I really enjoy the broadcast by TV2. Queen Margrethe's Orange-Nassau heirloom diadem is awesomely beautiful in real life.

At last should allow more Coverage and some photographers inside the Palace insteed only realsing a Number of the posed pics.

A very good speech from Queen Margrethe - the last bit touched my heart

King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima will return in April to celebrate the 75th birthday of Queen Margrethe, said the king in his speech

At last should allow more Coverage and some photographers inside the Palace insteed only realsing a Number of the posed pics.

They already did when the King and Queen of Sweden as well the President of China were in Amsterdam. More pictures from unexpected angles. I feel the King will introduce more possibilities. His mother was extremely strict in that aspect (like the British by the way: not even pictures from other royals than the Queen during the banquet for the Mexican visit!)

The Prinsgemalen looks a bit off-key somehow... (maybe that is normal, haha). Queen Margrethe and Queen Máxima and the other royal ladies look superb.

Queen Margrethe's dress is lovely.

Back
Top Bottom