The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-18-2015, 05:11 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
I wonder why Princess Elisabeth still has no Dutch Order. None from Queen Juliana, Queen Beatrix and King Willem-Alexander. Or does she have a Dutch Order but forgot to wear it?

HM The Queen
Dame Grootkruis in de Orde van de Nederlandse Leeuw

HRH The Prince Consort
Ridder Grootkruis in de Orde van de Nederlandse Leeuw

HRH The Crown Prince
Ridder Grootkruis in de Orde van de Nederlandse Leeuw (most exceptional for heirs!)

HRH The Crown Princess
Dame Grootkruis in de Orde van de Nederlandse Leeuw (most exceptional for heirs!)

HRH Prince Joachim of Denmark
Grootkruis in de Kroonorde (Huisorde van Oranje)

HRH Princess Marie of Denmark

HRH Princess Benedikte of Denmark, Princess zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg

HH Prince Richard zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg

HH Princess Elisabeth of Denmark
No Dutch Order?

See picture (Princess Elisabeth at the right of the picture)
Presumably because she's never received one? And that may because A) She's never been to the Netherlands and B) She's not an active royal.

Old 03-18-2015, 05:25 PM
Heir Apparent

WA, Maxima, Frederik and Mary
https://instagram.com/p/0YSfOKwaov/

love the smiles

Old 03-18-2015, 05:42 PM
Serene Highness

now that is a deep curtsey: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CAaCYnuUcAA02T6.jpg
lovely smiles:https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CAaCZ4iVIAAB1PG.jpg
Notice Henrik's shoes: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CAaCZ_cVEAEhial.jpg
Two queens: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CAaCZY6VEAAuW8w.jpg
Old 03-18-2015, 05:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Lovely F&M
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.n...dc8dc6f3a80492
https://scontent-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hp...3b&oe=5579E972
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.n...bbba6dbbfa2064

This return event tonight, how long do you think it takes? Small two hours or all night?
Old 03-18-2015, 05:48 PM
Majesty

I think you're gonna love this video from BB: VIDEO: Kronprins Frederik: Ærgerligt vi ikke fik set mere til hinanden | Billed Bladet

Being royal chauffeurs and PET officers is a hard, hard job, but someone gotta do it. And refueling is needed from time to time... http://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige...-kaffetoersten
Here outside Bispebjerg Hospital in Copenhagen.

King WA and Queen Maxima visited the psycriatic ward at Bispebjerg Hospital, some of the equipment has been supplied by Dutch firms: http://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige...bjerg-hospital

ADDED: From Royalista: http://royalista.com/93307/mary-and-...d-sightseeing/
Old 03-18-2015, 06:03 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
I think you're gonna love this video from BB: VIDEO: Kronprins Frederik: Ærgerligt vi ikke fik set mere til hinanden | Billed Bladet

Being royal chauffeurs and PET officers is a hard, hard job, but someone gotta do it. And refueling is needed from time to time... Her er billederne: De kongeliges sikkerhedskortege slukkede kaffetørsten | Billed Bladet
Here outside Bispebjerg Hospital in Copenhagen.

King WA and Queen Maxima visited the psycriatic ward at Bispebjerg Hospital, some of the equipment has been supplied by Dutch firms: Det hollandske kongepar besøgte Bispebjerg Hospital | Billed Bladet

ADDED: From Royalista: Mary and Máxima enjoy a day of island sightseeing | Royalista
Wow, just wow! One of the best royal videos I have seen - anyone who loves jewels, embroidery on a gown, curtseys, friendliness between royals etc etc will indeed love this video!
The height of the Dutch king and queen never ceases to amaze me.
Old 03-18-2015, 06:04 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

No tiaras, what a bore. No surprise though, at least it wasn't in a day time outfit as was the case at the return event in Japan (in all fairness: the event was during the afternoon).

Thanks for the video Muhler, it even shows Pss Elisabeth arriving. Every time Joachim bows that way I wonder if he will knock somebody over, like in the Mr. Bean sketch. And despite them having no tiaras, the diamonds glitter much more than they did yesterday due to the light.

Nice that Q. Maxima stuck to (Danish-)Dutch designers for the entire visit, as was the case in Japan. Let's hope that she will continue to do so.
Old 03-18-2015, 06:11 PM
Administrator

Here's an extra gallery of the evening event:

** ppe gallery **
Old 03-18-2015, 06:14 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree, the diamond rivière worn by Queen Máxima was amazingly spectacular in that video. Yesterday and today she was the best bejewelled qua diamonds. Queen Margrethe -of course- qua pearls.
Old 03-18-2015, 06:20 PM
Courtier

Wonderful video and very interesting too! WA talking German with Benedikte and Richard, Máxima talking French with Marie and both talking French with Henrik. And this time no curtsey from Mary just friendly kissing. :-)
Old 03-18-2015, 06:20 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Lovely video! The glitter of Maxima's jewels is phantastic, and I love her gown. Mary looks stunning as well, what is she wearing in her hair? The King and Prince Richard greet each other in German. And you are right about Joachim, Marengo. The King was in serious danger of a broken nose. Being a perfect gentlan he took care that the ladies don't get too cold. (Add some tiaras and this would be utter perfection. Sorry, I had to say it )

Old 03-18-2015, 07:28 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Lovely video! The glitter of Maxima's jewels is phantastic, and I love her gown. Mary looks stunning as well, what is she wearing in her hair? The King and Prince Richard greet each other in German. And you are right about Joachim, Marengo. The King was in serious danger of a broken nose. Being a perfect gentlan he took care that the ladies don't get too cold. (Add some tiaras and this would be utter perfection. Sorry, I had to say it )
the video was indeed wonderful, especially as we could hear King Willem Alexander's comments very clearlyI also liked how considerate the Dutch King and Queen were of the older guests, with the King going to the door of her car to help Queen Margrethe out of it Also charming was how Queen Margrethe also wore orange and how King Willem Alexander complimented her on the colour! Now, about the dancing....ballet in a boxing ring?
Old 03-18-2015, 09:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

They all looked lovely, except Margarethe and Henrick looked like cartoon figures. The clothes were awful. The people beautiful, as they are.
Old 03-18-2015, 09:26 PM
Serene Highness

I thought Henrik looked his lovable cuddly self last night. And as Gerry says HM Qu Margrethe wore Orange which the Dutch Royal House is known as the House of Orange. As people get older they don't always have to look chic. And Qu Margrethe is capable of looking chic even at her age. Her choice tonight was in deference to her hosts.
Old 03-18-2015, 10:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

The color wasn't my statement, it was just ugly, I am sorry, she is a lovely woman, but between that gown and the purple jacket of her husband it looked silly. And they are both wonderful people.

Oh, by the way, I am older, not quite as old as they, but close. The condescending idea that older people do not have to look chic is ridiculous. My Mother just recently past away as she was a few weeks from 100, and she said it is important to always look your best. It shows you are healthy and in good mental health. She was with it to the end and she always dressed beautifully, better than I do.
Old 03-19-2015, 04:43 AM
Majesty

Gifs of the visit:

Ready for Royalty, Dutch State Visit to Denmark | Day 1 (17 March...
Old 03-19-2015, 07:13 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Tiaras would have been the icing on the Dutch-Danish cake
Old 03-19-2015, 07:30 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

DM King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima signed shortly before departure from Fredensborg Palace 19 March 2015 a window pane. It has more than 140 years been customary for heads of state and guests of princely rank indridser their names in a window in one of the castle windows at the end of a visit. Read more about the practice .
The images can be downloaded for editorial use - please see Press Photos .
Photographer: Christian Meyer, The Royal Family ©

Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Old 03-19-2015, 07:37 AM
Heir Apparent

What happens with the castle windows afterwards? Will the be displayed?
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 03-19-2015, 08:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince Henrik spoke french at his arrival . His Royal Shoes with a Crown and H .....

Tags
king willem-alexander, prince henrik, queen margrethe, queen margrethe ii, queen maxima, state visit