The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-08-2014, 04:33 AM
Courtier

Or Henrik will just greet the guests - since he is the host of the hunt - and then leave for the funeral and Frederik will take over.
I don't think we will see Mary or Muhler's Marie at the funeral. The calendar doesn't mention them and I think Mary will already be on her way to Myanmar.

Old 01-08-2014, 05:28 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricarda View Post
Or Henrik will just greet the guests - since he is the host of the hunt - and then leave for the funeral and Frederik will take over.
Those were my thoughts until our dear Muhler shot them down (pun intended!). As mentioned previouslly AFAIK Prince Henrik is not actively taking part in the shoot, his physique is not up to it. He's hosting the event, watching from the side lines, presiding over lunch, in short having a 'field day' with 'the boys'.
But maybe our dear Muhler is right, Frederik will stand in and PH will join later. Besides HM and HRH are residing in Copenhagen for the time being, so it will take a bit of driving back and forth if he were do attend both events in the morning.
CP Mary is indeed on her way to Myanmar. Hope she doesn't suffer too much from jet lag, there's been a lot of long distance travel in recent months.

Let's see what happens Thursday morning!
viv

Old 01-08-2014, 07:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Why do I get the feeling that I'm being teased?
Old 01-08-2014, 08:13 AM
Heir Apparent

My condolonces to the family!
Old 01-08-2014, 03:28 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Whenever I log into the forums, I keep on meaning to reply to this thread but end up missing it somehow, so here I finally I am.

I must admit that I didn't really know who Anne Dorte was until I first saw this thread, it's made me want to find out more about her. I understand that she was the commoner and her husband was the royal - how was he (her husband) related to Queen Margrethe?

May she RIP. I'm sure she'll be greatly missed by her family.
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my TRF group about British Royal Children!
Old 01-08-2014, 05:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Count Christian, Countess Anne-Dorte's late husband, was QMII's cousin. He was the son of Knud and Caroline-Mathilde, Hereditary Prince and Princess of Denmark, Knud was the brother of King Frederik IX, QMII's father. The two were estranged and the relationship between the two families has never been the best. Christian was the brother of Princess Elisabeth and Count Ingolf.

Old 01-09-2014, 05:25 AM
Courtier

It was countess Anne-Dorte's dying wish to be buried in her wedding dress; as a matter of fact the Danish word used for the ceremony indicates that she'll be cremated rather than interred, but I'm not sure yet. There are two different Danish words for a burial service, and they are often confused. The church part is the same, the committal however takes place in the cemetary at funerals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I must admit that I didn't really know who Anne Dorte was until I first saw this thread, it's made me want to find out more about her. I understand that she was the commoner and her husband was the royal - how was he (her husband) related to Queen Margrethe?
HP, thanks for asking! I don't think that any of us Danish posters expect the non-Danes to be greatly interested in lesser Danish royalty. The reason why some of us post about it is -IMO - that we are effectively witnessing a branch of the Danish royal family fading into oblivion! The Brits and their RF have similar experiences and they may be repeated in the not too distant future, you know, cutting off the dead wood.
After 1947 ,when King Frederik 9. acceeded the nucleus of the Danish royal family was rather small. There were the king & his family, and the king's Brother & his family. However after the change of the succession law in 1953, this branch of the family has been severed from the main line.
The funeral of Anne-Dorte is just a minor act in this drama. It means nothing to the royal family, but somehow it means something to us who have been witnessing the events over the years.

viv

HM and Prince Henrik have arrived at Lyngby church. No Joachim, no Marie.

The wake was to a great extend made up of the same people attending Count Christians funeral in may 2013.

The local parish minister Julie Goldschmidt officiated, underlining the countess's passion for life, how she regarded her life as a fairy tale which began when marrying Prince Christian in 1971 in the same church. The sermon was based on Matthew 2, 2-12 about the three magi, comparing the three daughters to the three magi with their identical confusion and identical unity on their life's journey. 'Together in happiness, together in sorrow, together no mattter what in the past, the present and the future; that's a tradition in your family.
(take that, QM!)

Another address was given by Michael Rosanes, a son-in-law and a Anastasia, a grand child sang a song.

Photos:
http://www.bt.dk/danmark/se-billeder...orte-bisaettes

Viv
Old 01-09-2014, 08:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Summary of a number of articles in Billed Bladet #2, 2014.
Written by Anna Johannesen.

It was Count Ingolf who informed his cousin (kusine) QMII over the telephone about the death of Countess Anne Dorte: "The Queen of couse became sad and offered her condolences. She has followed the illness of Anne Dorte and even though death did not come as a surprise, one always become sad when it happens".

He goes on about the last time he saw the countess: "We dropped by Sorgenfri (manor) with Christmas present and she was pretty poor. But she was tough and I think it's characteristic of herthat she would like thing to be put in order before she died".

Princess Elizabeth visited Countess Anne Dorte the day before she died at the hospital: "By then she was in good spirits and even talked about going home, so it went downhill quickly".
The two of them were in daily contack over the phone until the illness of Anne Dorte made it difficult for her to speak.

One of Countess Anne Dorte's daughters, Josephine, tells about the last day, where their mother said: "Today I'd like to die". Josephine goes on: "She was completly in the clear about it and after all the arrangements of her being put to rest were in place, she laid back and dozed off. At 20.00 she passed away in her sleep.
It doesn't surprise me that mother chose the day herself, she would like to die. She simply couldn't cope anymore. The body said enough and then she has probably never recovered from the death of dad.
When mother set herself a goal, it was reached. That's how it has been all days.
Yesterday I almost phoned her. She's in my thoughts all the time. You could ask mother about everything. from a recepi to a good advise. She managed it all. She was the sweetest and loveliest mother and mother-in-law and mormor (maternal grandmother).
I had feared how mother would get through Christmas without dad, but she managed so well and we were there all of us. She had decorated, baked and made pies but when New Year came I think he strength had been sapped. She couldn't cope anymore. Now she would like to die.
She was a fantastic mother, really a positive soul who always found the positive sides of life. That she has fortunately passed on to us children.
Mother had a large mental surplus and she never bore a grudge. She could be annoying stubborn but she could also laugh of that afterwards herself".

Upon the death of Countess Anne Dorte she was dressed in her wedding gown and the next day in the chapel, her grandchildren put various homemade tokens in her coffin and the family said their goodbyes.
Her three daughters put their wedding portraits in the coffin and a picture of Anne Dorte herself and her husband, and finally dark lillac tulips.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:58 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viv View Post
HM and Prince Henrik have arrived at Lyngby church. No Joachim, no Marie.

The wake was to a great extend made up of the same people attending Count Christians funeral in may 2013.

The local parish minister Julie Goldschmidt officiated, underlining the countess's passion for life, how she regarded her life as a fairy tale which began when marrying Prince Christian in 1971 in the same church. The sermon was based on Matthew 2, 2-12 about the three magi, comparing the three daughters to the three magi with their identical confusion and identical unity on their life's journey. 'Together in happiness, together in sorrow, together no mattter what in the past, the present and the future; that's a tradition in your family.
(take that, QM!)

Another address was given by Michael Rosanes, a son-in-law and a Anastasia, a grand child sang a song.

Photos:
Se billederne: Grevinde Anne Dorte bisættes | www.bt.dk

Viv

Did Princess Elisabeth attend Viv,I know you posted that she wasn't well of late in another thread.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:40 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
16-year-old grandson song for Anne Dorte: It was tough
16-årigt barnebarn sang for Anne Dorte: Det var hårdt - Royale | www.bt.dk

https://translate.google.com.tr/tran...haardt&act=url

Quote:
See the picture: Here is the dress Countess Anne Dorte was buried in
Se billedet: Her er kjolen grevinde Anne Dorte blev bisat i - Royale | www.bt.dk

https://translate.google.com.tr/tran...isat-i&act=url

Quote:
Stirring speech to the daughters of the church: Anne Dorte made life for a dance floor
Gribende tale til døtrene i kirken: Anne Dorte gjorde livet til et dansegulv - Royale | www.bt.dk

https://translate.google.com.tr/tran...segulv&act=url

Quote:
COUNTESS ANNE DORTE OF ROSE CASTLE'S funeral
Thursday 9 January 2014 was H. E. Countess Anne Dorte of Rosenborg buried from Lyngby Church. The royal couple attended the funeral, which began at. 10.30.
http://kongehuset.dk/Menu/foto--vide...rgs-bisattelse
Old 01-09-2014, 02:32 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Did Princess Elisabeth attend Viv,I know you posted that she wasn't well of late in another thread.
Yes, she did attend!

viv
Old 01-09-2014, 02:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Lovely pic of Henrik and the Queen holding hands at the funeral
http://kongehuset.dk/materialemappe/...bisattelse.img
Old 01-09-2014, 03:01 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
Count Christian, Countess Anne-Dorte's late husband, was QMII's cousin. He was the son of Knud and Caroline-Mathilde, Hereditary Prince and Princess of Denmark, Knud was the brother of King Frederik IX, QMII's father. The two were estranged and the relationship between the two families has never been the best. Christian was the brother of Princess Elisabeth and Count Ingolf.
Thank you very much for your reply, Archduchess Zelia. And another thanks to Viv for the further information.

After having read that the Counts of Rosenborg aren't very close to the immediate Danish Royal Family, it's nice to see Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik attending Anne Dorte's funeral. I wonder if they were closer to The Countess or whether they were "just" representing the immediate family.
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my TRF group about British Royal Children!
Old 01-09-2014, 04:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
Lovely pic of Henrik and the Queen holding hands at the funeral
http://kongehuset.dk/materialemappe/...bisattelse.img
Glad to know that they were there to support the family. Is it me or does it look like the Prince last lost some weight? His face looks much thinner in this picture that I have seen in a while. If so, good for him.
Old 01-09-2014, 04:57 PM
Courtier

Quote:
After having read that the Counts of Rosenborg aren't very close to the immediate Danish Royal Family, it's nice to see Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik attending Anne Dorte's funeral. I wonder if they were closer to The Countess or whether they were "just" representing the immediate family.
I doubt that HM and HRH were closer to the countess than anyone else of the Rosenborgs. Then again, it's difficult to say what's going on away from public view! What we do know is that since the early 1990s HM let Count Christian and Countess Anne Dorte live in a wing of the otherwise mothballed Sorgenfri Castle and that the royal Court assisted with various bits and pieces when Count Christian died. Besides, countess Anne Dorte said in October, that HM has been 'outstanding' in the days leading up to Christian's funeral, but without getting into details. IMO it must be taken into account that Anne Dorte was still dependent on HM's mercy regarding the 'grace and favour' home.
My gut feeling is that the couple regent were present because it was the appropriate thing to do!

Viv

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess gertrude View Post
Glad to know that they were there to support the family. Is it me or does it look like the Prince last lost some weight? His face looks much thinner in this picture that I have seen in a while. If so, good for him.
Hi princess Gertrude ! You made me take a second look at the photos, and yes, he does look a bit thinner. A bit. But maybe it's the trick of the light?

Viv
Old 01-09-2014, 07:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
In this week's issue of Billedbladet, Count Ingolf, who called to inform QMII about the Countess's passing, said "Naturally the Queen was sad and sent her condolences. She has followed Anne Dorte's illness and even though the death did not come unexpectedly, it always makes you sorrowful".

Though they weren't close to the family, I think QMII came there because she wanted to be there. If she didn't want to be there, she could have just sent Joachim, Marie and Benedikte. From what Count Ingolf said, it sounds like she genuinely was sad.

Old 01-10-2014, 07:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

I am glad to see that the highest Royals, HM the Queen and Prince Henrik attended the funeral of Countess Anne-Dorte.
It must have been a great support for her 3 daughters, husbands and Children.
Great thanks to the Danish Members of the board, you always inform us with the best informations. Well done and kind regards from MO
Old 01-10-2014, 07:17 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Great thanks to the Danish Members of the board, you always inform us with the best informations. Well done and kind regards from MO
Absolutely agree,its wonderful to have so many informative Danish members who take the time to answer so many of our questions and also post the relevant information!
Old 01-10-2014, 09:41 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Queen Margrethe mourned relative at the funeral
Drottning Margrethe sörjde släktingen på begravningen | Svensk Damtidning

https://translate.google.com.tr/tran...gen%2F&act=url

Quote:
Funeral of Anne-Dorte of Rosenborg: Farewell Queen Margrethe and relatives
Obsèques d'Anne-Dorte de Rosenborg: L'adieu de la reine Margrethe et des proches

https://translate.google.com.tr/tran...04%2F1&act=url
Old 01-16-2014, 04:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #3, 2014
Written by Hanne Rask.

As you know Countess Anne-Dorte of Rosenborg was laid to rest from Lyngby Church near Copenhagen.
A large number of family and friends had turned up to show the last respect, including the Regent Couple, filling the church to capacity.
Quite a number of their circle of friends come from among entertainers and singers, but it was Anne-Dorte's oldest grandchild, sixteen year old Anastasia, who sang a last song for her mormor (maternal grandmother) in the church. She sang: You are so beautiful, by James Blunt.

Anne-Dorte's son-i-law, Mikael Rosane, gave a moving speech in the church, praising his svigermor (mother-in-law) and emphasizing her positive outlook on life.
The coffin was carried out to the tunes of Elvis Presley's Love Me Tender. Anne-Dorte was very fond of Elvis Presley. And outside the church the family said goodbey and watched the hearse drive away, - presumably to a crematorium. Her urne will be placed next to her husband in their common grave at Lyngby cemetary.

In honor of Anne-Dorte the flag flying over Amalienborg flew at half mast. (*)

(*) We probably have one of the strictest and most detailed laws in the world regarding our flag.
As such there are also rules for flying Dannebrog at half mast.
Dannebrog must always go to the top before being lowered to half mast.
Dannebrog must only fly at half mast until noon, after which it must be raised to full mast and remain there until sunset or 18.00, whatever comes first.

If you for whatever reason have to take down the flag right away, Dannebrog must first be hoisted to the top, before being lowered. You never, ever, ever, lower the flag from half mast!
Being pretty obsessed with our flag, you can rest assured that people will point it out to you, if you don't do it right.