Danish State Visit to Vietnam: November 1-6, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I think they both should have taken there hat off to be honest.
Beautiful pictures from the dinner and the day events. :flowers:

Both of Princess Mary's dresses for the dinners are simply beautiful. I love the dress at the return dinner.

The two evening dresses that Mary wore were sensational. Colors exceptionally good for her. The softness of the blush colored dress is elegance itself. Her hairdo also very nice. Very lovely presence

The queen wore the unfortunate blue dress with awkward neckline that she wore to a concert event (was it part of the celebration of P Henrik's birthday ?) --- that dress needs to get recycled, in my opinion.

I had no idea that the queen had never been to Vietnam before this trip. It must be very gratifying for P Henrik to share these memories with her.

Last edited by a moderator:
I realize the Queen herself has virtually nothing to do with it, but I have to say it really bugs me to see the leaders of free countries, such as the Kingdom of Denmark, laying wreaths and paying homage at the tomb of a communist dictator like Ho Chi Minh. I know it's all part of the political game of diplomacy & such but I know people who had to flee their homes to escape his oppression, people who had family lost in the massacre at Hue in 68 and friends who were killed as "class enemies" by his military. Maybe it's just the unfair nature of the world that some murderous national leaders are condemned all around the world while others are still honored like heroes, even by leaders of free and liberal countries. :bang:

Denmark's Queen Margrethe II & Prince Henrik visit the Kim Lien Pagoda in Hanoi, Vietnam, 04 November 2009.

Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3

i'm sorry, but anyone knows if this video is from vietnam?
i can't remember mary with that dress...
> dr.dk tv - Det vil jeg se!

Yes it isfrom the visit but not sure what event that is from since we did not get pictures of it but maybe will later today.

EDIT

The event must of been a reception for the Danish community (its on the programme of yesterday)

Last edited:
Yes, I think you are right Dazz, the images are from yesterday at the Reception to the Danish Community living in Vietman.

A pity we dont have any pictures of that event

ok! before the ceramic's visit and after the gala?

no, after the ceramic's visit and art street festival and before the gala

oh! that mess!
they haven't time to shower...
much work, poor!
thanks ricarda and paty!

Very very nice pictures of Queen Margrethe & CP Mary. :flowers: Seems as if they have great fun together.

The concert pics are fantastic! They look like they're having a great time.

Day 5
Nov 5 - All four members of the Royal family will have to rise early on Thursday morning for a sailing trip on a Royal Boat

Picture Gallery

Queen Margrethe, Crown Prince Fredrik and Crown Princess Mary and Prince Consort Henrik .The Danish Royal Family on their State Visit to Vietnam visit the Minh Manh Tomb in torrential downpour.

Belga Gallery

:previous:

I'm not sure, if they did there would probably have been pictures from them on the boat. Yesterday or the day before there was news that the early morning program for today might be cancelled because of the torrential weather. Maybe they skipped the boat ride and stayed on land?

I'm glad the whole program wasn't fully cancelled - otherwise we wouldn't have seen QMII & Henrik in plastic candy-coloured $2 ponchos (and 'The Falcon' :D)

ETA: Information from day three from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Last edited:
Crown Prince Federik and Crown Princess Mary at a Rock concert in Hue the second city on their State Visit to Vietnam. Hue, Vietnam_04/11/2009.
IBL Gallery

Queen Margrethe, Prince Henrik, Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary at the Minh Mang Memorial Place,
04-11-2009.
PPE Agency

IBL Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom