The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-03-2009, 08:56 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Does that mean of a Queen wears a hat Mary & Marie have to wear them as well? I thought it would be okay as it was a lunch to take it off. Thanks for the reply.
No,Ladies always do wear hats outside and inside when a guest.When at home neither the Queen nor the Princess wears a hat
inside as they are in their own home.Etiquette.

PPE Agency

courtesy ppe

Old 11-03-2009, 09:41 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Princess View Post
This turquise tiara was designed by Queen Margrethe herself;
No, it is an heirloom from her mother. Sorry, I can't post photos, but I have pictures of a bride wearing it. Not sure if it was Queen Ingrid, but the picture are quite old, definitely before Queen Margrete was old enough to design anything
I also got pictures of the state visit to Tanzania in 2008, and the Queen wore the same tiara, same earrings, maybe even the same pearl necklace, but worn in 4 instead of 3 rows, the brooch looks the same AND she even wears the same dress!!! If I remember correctly, I copied these pics from the thread about the Tanzanian state visit.

Old 11-03-2009, 10:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Does that mean of a Queen wears a hat Mary & Marie have to wear them as well? I thought it would be okay as it was a lunch to take it off. Thanks for the reply.
Ladies do not usually remove their hats unless they are part of their outerwear. Mary's hat was part of her outfit and therefore should stay on her head.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalistRiley View Post
I think its amazing that she designs most of her jewelery.

I agree that the dress code at this dinner looked abit odd. It looks half casual/half formal for a state occasion.

Why should QEII Be an exception to the rule? Is it because she is one of the more famous royals?
Being Queen of the Commonwealth would make her the exception to the rule, yes. And moreso when she is the Queen of a particular Commonwealth country, such as our own.

The Queen has also always worn a tiara when visiting republics aswell. Generally they have been either the Girls of Great Britain & Ireland tiara or the Grand Duchess Vladimir Kokoshnik.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
It was also sometimes the Case at a State Visit of Queen Beatrix, Prince Willem-Alexander and Princess Máxima to a southern Country (don't remember which one) where Beatrix was the only one wearing a tiara (the diamond badeau in this case).
Perhaps it was their four day state visit to India?

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 11-03-2009, 11:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

is my idea but I think I can see her 2 ladie in witing for Mary in the photos?
Old 11-03-2009, 12:17 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Regina di fiori - La foto del giorno - Corriere della Sera
The Queen while painting a cup in Hanoi.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:57 PM
Heir Apparent

thanks everyone for the interesting discussion on hat protocol! very englightening indeed.

did mary have her gala dress fixed then? i really liked the hatpiece she chose for the 3rd november, looks quite similar to the one marie wore to the opening of the parliament - maybe same designer?
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 11-03-2009, 01:28 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
thanks everyone for the interesting discussion on hat protocol! very englightening indeed.

did mary have her gala dress fixed then? i really liked the hatpiece she chose for the 3rd november, looks quite similar to the one marie wore to the opening of the parliament - maybe same designer?
The dress from day 2 dinner has been altered and the hat is very similar indeed ro Marie's hat but not sure if same designer.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:45 PM
Nobility

Photo gallery from Belga of the return dinner

BelgaPicture - Category details
Old 11-03-2009, 03:11 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Yes I think they both should have taken there hat off to be honest.
Beautiful pictures from the dinner and the day events.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:26 PM
Courtier

Both of Princess Mary's dresses for the dinners are simply beautiful. I love the dress at the return dinner.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:44 PM
Courtier

The two evening dresses that Mary wore were sensational. Colors exceptionally good for her. The softness of the blush colored dress is elegance itself. Her hairdo also very nice. Very lovely presence

The queen wore the unfortunate blue dress with awkward neckline that she wore to a concert event (was it part of the celebration of P Henrik's birthday ?) --- that dress needs to get recycled, in my opinion.

I had no idea that the queen had never been to Vietnam before this trip. It must be very gratifying for P Henrik to share these memories with her.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:24 AM
Nobility

I realize the Queen herself has virtually nothing to do with it, but I have to say it really bugs me to see the leaders of free countries, such as the Kingdom of Denmark, laying wreaths and paying homage at the tomb of a communist dictator like Ho Chi Minh. I know it's all part of the political game of diplomacy & such but I know people who had to flee their homes to escape his oppression, people who had family lost in the massacre at Hue in 68 and friends who were killed as "class enemies" by his military. Maybe it's just the unfair nature of the world that some murderous national leaders are condemned all around the world while others are still honored like heroes, even by leaders of free and liberal countries.
Old 11-04-2009, 03:29 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Denmark's Queen Margrethe II & Prince Henrik visit the Kim Lien Pagoda in Hanoi, Vietnam, 04 November 2009.

Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3
Old 11-04-2009, 03:47 AM
Royal Highness

Crown Princess Mary & Crown Prince Frederik
Troonopvolgers!: Staatsbezoek aan Vietnam. (4)

http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige...20Vietnam.aspx
Old 11-04-2009, 05:36 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik visit the Koto Restaurant.

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/7...12wm20a48c.jpg
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/259...55wm21b7dd.jpg
http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/8...79wm22d239.jpg
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/927...92wm236075.jpg
Polfoto

Old 11-04-2009, 05:43 AM
Aristocracy

i'm sorry, but anyone knows if this video is from vietnam?
i can't remember mary with that dress...
> dr.dk tv - Det vil jeg se!
Old 11-04-2009, 06:11 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymaxima View Post
i'm sorry, but anyone knows if this video is from vietnam?
i can't remember mary with that dress...
> dr.dk tv - Det vil jeg se!
Yes it isfrom the visit but not sure what event that is from since we did not get pictures of it but maybe will later today.

EDIT

The event must of been a reception for the Danish community (its on the programme of yesterday)
Old 11-04-2009, 06:29 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Yes, I think you are right Dazz, the images are from yesterday at the Reception to the Danish Community living in Vietman.

A pity we dont have any pictures of that event

Tags
crown prince couple, danish state visit, danish state visit to vietnam, denmark royal visit, denmark royals, prince henrik, queen margerthe, regent couple, state visit, state visit to vietnam