Danish Royal Family's Official Visit to Greenland: June 19-July 5, 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by Chatleen+Jul 3rd, 2004 - 2:53 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Chatleen @ Jul 3rd, 2004 - 2:53 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Jasl@Jul 2nd, 2004 - 9:09 pm
Lol... yeah "touched" seems to be something that Danes use quite a bit.

I remember for the wedding telecast here in Australia, we had a Danish commentator (I think someone from DR?) and when Frederik started having tears in his eyes, the commentator said "Crown Prince Frederik seems to be touching already"  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  ....
Ehm, am I the target of some sort of joke here??

Well, I wouldn't have used 'touching' in the same way, as the commentator ;)

But when I say "a touched Crownprince", it would be better to say "a moved Crownprince"???? [/b][/quote]
O no, not at all! (so sorry if it seemed that way :flower: ).

I think the word "touched" just reminded me of the Danish commentator saying "touching" that's all. It was quite funny then because I was ready to start crying, watching Frederik fighting back his tears, and the commentator came up with that phrase!

No, you're absolutely right... "touched" is quite appropriate.

Chatleen, a big Thank You for translating the Pressconference:)

I appreciate your comments on Mary's Danish skills :flower:

Like Emi said"It is good to get an evaluation of Mary's Danish skills from someone in the know."

I think the word "touched" just reminded me of the Danish commentator saying "touching" that's all. It was quite funny then because I was ready to start crying, watching Frederik fighting back his tears, and the commentator came up with that phrase!

No, you're absolutely right... "touched" is quite appropriate.

Good, I just wanted to get it clarified, whether I used the word in the in the right way :)

Wonder who that danish commentator were :rolleyes: :lol: Actually I also think, that these commentators say a lot of rubbish, even in their native language. Guess it is a hard job to keep a conversation going for hours ;)

Excellent Chatleen,
always nice to get the "right twist" on teh story. ;)

Chatleen  Posted: Jul 3rd, 2004 - 2:15 am
»Jeg havde planlagt, at jeg ville skrive dagbog, men der var desværre ikke så meget tid til det. Men jeg regner med, at når jeg kommer hjem, vil jeg tænke tilbage og skrive det ned,«
CP Mary: "I had planned to write a diary, but unfortunately I haven't had the time. My plan is now, that when I come home, I will think back [Chatleen: ???] and write is all down."
I will think back ... you could also use "I will reflect on"

Thanks a great deal Chatleen. :flower:

Thanks for translating the conference. It's so nice because it seems that the family really loves Mary and they're very enthusiastic about sharing their knowledge of Greenland with her. It's a widely known fact that QMII has always loved Greenland and felt a special connection with it (she said so herself in a book that I think was only recently published). I'm happy to see that QMII is so eager to show Mary around- very sweet.
I only with Alex and Joachim could have gone too so thay way the whole family could have experienced Greenland together for the first time with Mary.
-Kathleen

Hmmm, for my part, I wouldn't want my sister in law and brother in law to tag along to everything I go to! I think when Alex was introduced to Greenland for the first time, I don't think Fred tagged along (though I'm not 100% sure).... i think it was only Alex, Joachim, Margrethe and Henrik. So now its Mary's turn.

Almost all of the RFs have to constantly see their in laws.... it must be sooo tiring!! (my parents only see my uncles and aunts once in a blue moon! but that's maybe because they live far away).

Thanks, Blog Real.

I clearly remember a Greenlander being interviewed after the event in the first video - the visit was very much a presentation of Mary BTW.

Anyway, A Greenlander said: We don't know Mary, but we know Frederik (he had spend time in that hamlet) and if Mary is good enough for him, she is good enough for us.

Back
Top Bottom