Danish Royal Family Pictures, Part 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Remains of Empress Maria Fyodorovna to go back to Russia

MOSCOW, May 19 (Itar-Tass) - The Danish Royal House backs the decision to move from Denmark to Russia the remains of Empress Maria Fyodorovna, mother of Russia’s last Emperor Nicholas the Second. Prince Consort Henrik told Itar-Tass that the Royal Family would be represented at the 2006 reburial ceremony in St.Petersburg.

“We still regard Maria Fyodorovna as our Danish princess, since she was born in Denmark,” the Prince Consort noted. “On the other hand, she was definitely a Russian Empress. She had to flee from Russia during the revolution and to go back to her home country, where her nephew had reigned at that time,” he added. The Empress now lies buried in the Cathedral of Roskilde (Denmark). “After the changes that had occurred in Russia, we deem it legitimate to take her back to St.Petersburg,” the Prince stated.

“The Danish Royal Family will attend this important ceremony since it is an outstanding event for our two countries,” he stressed. “Unfortunately, neither I myself nor the Queen will be able to go to Russia, but Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark will definitely be there,” he noted.

In accordance with the agreement, reached by Russia and Denmark, the ceremony was scheduled for September 26, 2006. It will take place on the 140th anniversary of the Danish Princess Dagmara’s arrival in Russia, where she was converted to the Orthodox faith and named Maria Fyodorovna.

The family was aware of the Empresses desire to be buried, when it became possible, in St.Petersburg, next to her husband – Emperor Alexander III. The elders in the family of the Tsar’s relatives, Princes Nicholas and Dmitry Romanovs, initiated a few years ago the idea to move Maria Fyodorovna’s remains to Russia.

http://www.itar-tass.com/eng/level2.html?NewsID=2051853&PageNum=0

All family, some years ago.

Attachments

• all_family.jpg
    all_family.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 1,319
Royal gathering at Sofiero i think many of the danish royals will be there
see news about it at the swedish forum

i just found out that Princess Elizabeth is added to the Danish royal family's page...

these photos are amazing such a sweet and close family

I am a fan of Greek royal family.I like Ann=Marie. Alexia and especially Theodora. She is in the first flush of youth.I wish Theodora could become a real prencess. I do not understand English very much. So I can hadrly write English sentence.

elina said:
I am a fan of Greek royal family.I like Ann=Marie. Alexia and especially Theodora. She is in the first flush of youth.I wish Theodora could become a real prencess. I do not understand English very much. So I can hadrly write English sentence.

Welcome to the forum elina. If you like Anne-Marie, you should visit the Greek Royal Family Forum where you will find news about Anne-Marie, Alexia and Theodora. Your English is just fine and so, I hope to hear from you again.

Happy posting!

Mini Biographies of Danish Kings/Queens/Queen Consorts

Queen Margrethe I of Denmark:
Margrethe I (1353-1412), was married to King Haakon VI of Norway (1340-1380), who ruled until 1363. She ruled jointly with King Oluf III (1375-1387) and solely from 1387 to 1412.

SOURCE: CORBIS

SF37308.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

U1029261.jpg

JUNE 8, 1953:
King Frederick IX with his 3 daughters:
Fredensborg, Denmark: Denmark's rugged King Frederik has some fun with his three daughters while spending some leisure time at the family's summer residence in Fredensborg. The girls are (left to right), Princesses Anne-Marie, 6; Benedikte, 9; and Margrethe, 13.
Under a new constitution signed by the king, Princess Margrethe is heir to the throne of Denmark.

SOURCE: CORBIS

DANISH HISTORY in a nutshell:
The Danish Royal House may be traced back to Gorm the Old and his son Harald I Bluetooth.
The two great lines of the Danish Royal House are the House of Oldenborg and the House of Glücksborg.
The first representative of the House of Oldenborg became King in 1448, and the last King of the House of Oldenborg was King Frederik VII, as he had no heir to the throne.
In 1863, the first representative of the House of Glücksborg became King, and the present Royal Family are direct descendants of this Royal House.

King Christian I: King of Denmark + Norway (1448-1481) + Sweden (1457-1464)

chrI.jpg

King Christian 1. & Queen Dorothea
Painting Frederiksborg Castle
Hillerød, Denmark

****CROWN PRINCESS MARY OF DENMARK****
EVENT:
KING CARL XVI GUSTAF OF SWEDEN BRITHDAY CELEBRATIONS; APRIL 2006
SOURCE:
FACE TO FACE
00925345.jpg

00925352.jpg

00925351.jpg

00925350.jpg

00925346.jpg

EVENT:
RED HOT CHILLI PEPPERS CONCERT; APRIL 2006
THOMAS LEKFELDT

January 1945. Queen Alexandrine with Prince Ingolf, Princess Margrethe, Princess Benedikte, Prince Christian and Princess Elisabeth.
Foto: Ella Haahr//SOURCE: POLFOTO
5nw0xkw01ls.jpg

6dr0xl2u8ty.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you so much for putting an effort into this. Many of these pictures are so lovely, like the ones with Alexandrine respectively Ingrid and their grand children.

Is it OK to ask questions in this thread ??

About the Ingrid + grandchildren, it's really striking that it's only Frederik and Alexia :eek: :D (those googles) that's got really dark hair.

You think it's Pavlos to the left and Nikolaus maybe to the right ??
Which one is on Ingrid's arm ?? Could that be Nathalie ??
Which one is Gustav ?? Between Frederik and Alexia is my guess.

I'm very interested in Frederik VI, he was the son of the insane Christian VII. Because the father was insane Frederik VI ruled for a very long time. Unfortunately this wasn't a lucky period in Denmark's history, it lost Norway and fought several wars with England.

http://www.danskekonger.dk/eng/biografi/FreVI.html
http://www.guldalder.dk/show.asp?id=415

source: interfoto + uda
FLASHBACK TO THE 80TIES:
GIRL JUST WANNA HAVE FUN:
showLayoutImage-9.jpg

showLayoutImage-10.jpg

A COMPLETLEY DIFFERENT PHOTO:
b14_040805.jpg

Last edited:
...it's okay to ask questions and post pictures :D . i'm just glad people like the thread and are reading it :eek::D:). i have not read anything about Christian VII son yet but i will after i finish replying to you. i think the one in the...i guess i need more time to figure the rest of the people in the pic :p .
PS: anyone is welcome to contribute or to ask a question or voice an opinion.
MORE PHOTOS of INGRID + GRAND KIDS:
SOURCE: POLFOTO + GETTY IMAGES + INTERFOTO
Queen Ingrid + Prince Joachim of Denmark, Prince Nicholas af Greece, Princess Alexandra of Berleburg, C.P Frederik of denmark, Princess Alexia of Greece, C.P Pavlos of Greece + Prince Gustav of Berleburg.
a88fa2fe.jpg

50i0xk4w6vo.jpg

519550592fj.jpg

Queen Ingrid + King Frederik; February 1970 in Fredensborg Royal Castle in North Sealand; with all the grandchildren (from right): almost hidden Paul of Greece, (next to the Queen) little Gustav of Berleburg, (sitting in the sofa) Alexia and Nicolaus of Greece, and turning his back, young Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark.
325283.jpg

Ingrid90r.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
post 11 the last pic is really remarkable, it can't be more than 10 years old, since Alexandra and Marie-Chantal are on it, yet Queen Margrethe looks noticeable younger and more vibrant than today. Nikolaus is missing on that pic, I wonder when he started growing his beard ??

I think Nikolaus should stop being so lazy and get himself a proper daily shave ;)

that picture had to have been taken in either 1999 or 2000, most likely 2000 since both Alexandra's have their youngest children with them.

Post 11 has pictures of Frederik and Mary.

Do you mean this picture of the family? If so, it is from 2000, taken to commorate Queen Ingrid's 90th birthday. You can find more pictures of that occasion here.

What language do the Danish and Greek royal families speak? To each other, that is. German? English?

Favourite Pictures of Danish Royals

:flowers:I got this idea from the Belgian royals thread so I thought it would be nice to have this for one of my favourite families.

What are your favourite pictures of the Belgian royal family?
Mine are the ones taken at Christian's first birthday I hope they do more for his second

I think the picture of the 40th wedding anniversary, where Queen Margrethe II and Prince Henrik are together with her grandchildren, Princess Isabella look like a figure of Walt Disney, because the cloth in Prince Henriks jacket make her look like.

I didn't found my favourite picture of the Danish Royals. But it shows all Danish Royals (Prince Frederik, Prince Joachim, Princess Alexandra, Queen Margrethe, etc..) behind the scenes in wonderful "gala-outfits", sitting and waiting and smoking... But I can't found it... I saw it once - some years ago...

My favourite is the famous one with Ingrid, Margrethe, Benedikte and Anne Marie all dressed in black at their fathers funeral.

Not a cheerful one but very impressive. Dignified with one strong mother and three daughters. It is one of those pictures you can "read" and not just watch. If anybody understands what I mean.

The other woman is Marie Chantal.

I just love this picture of a 2-year-old Princess Margrethe with her mother, the late Queen Ingrid :wub: Lille Margrethe looks so much like a porcelain doll! And this one is just so sweet - a true Mummy-Daughter moment

I just love this picture of a 2-year-old Princess Margrethe with her mother, the late Queen Ingrid :wub: Lille Margrethe looks so much like a porcelain doll! And this one is just so sweet - a true Mummy-Daughter moment
Beatiful pictures JessRulz :flowers:
Margrethe did look like a procelain doll at this age - she was actually used as model for a paper doll. My mother visited Amalienborg recently and in the gift shop she bought a sheet with a new print of the little princess Margrethe as a paper doll for my youngest daughter.

Back
Top Bottom