The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #181  
Old 03-20-2017, 03:15 PM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 12,131
So why is Mary there? That indicates something royal family related (abdication etc) and not politics related.

In case it's about Frederik stepping up, I hope it's abdication and not regent. Regent is neither fish nor flesh.

While we are speculating, how about Henrik stepping out of retirement and getting the King consort title??
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #182  
Old 03-20-2017, 03:32 PM
Roskilde's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Roskilde, Denmark
Posts: 3,836


I understand your point. But now it's a dinner, not a normal State Council. Mary is never involved in the Council of State, which consists of government ministers, the Queen and the Crown Prince.

But Frederik and Mary obvious support each other and participate in each other's events as soon as they can get to it. So maybe - because it's a big dinner - Frederik simply choose to have Mary with him. Without a specific reason besides they are a couple and obvious enjoy doing the things together as a couple. Something I think will reflect also the way they will be Regent Couple in some years - they will do things together.

But it may also be that there is a special reason to Mary to participant. We will see on Wednesday.

If it is because of something big, I guess we will get certainty or a press release before the dinner on Wednesday night?
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #183  
Old 03-20-2017, 03:34 PM
duke of poliganc's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: cairo, Egypt
Posts: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
]
In case it's about Frederik stepping up, I hope it's abdication and not regent. Regent is neither fish nor flesh.
totally agree with that , but i'm sure that's not gonna happen because of what the queen just said last week at the interview .
Reply With Quote
  #184  
Old 03-20-2017, 04:17 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: san diego, United States
Posts: 6,342
Im thinking...the State visit from Belgium is next week, would they really announce something big just before a state visit?

So maybe it is "just" a dinner for the State Council? the last one was 2009, so maybe 8 years is enough time for a new one without a big announcement?
Reply With Quote
  #185  
Old 03-20-2017, 04:32 PM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 12,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
Im thinking...the State visit from Belgium is next week, would they really announce something big just before a state visit?
Just as an example, Juan Carlos' abdication was announced on June 2 2014, one week before the State Visit from Mexico, his last one as King.

So that should be no problem.
Reply With Quote
  #186  
Old 03-20-2017, 04:35 PM
CrownPrincessJava's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: ,, Australia
Posts: 384
I would be personally surprised if it was just a Government dinner for no apparent reason, especially with the Belgian State Dinner in less than a week. Considering the last two dinners involved a major annoucement, and with CP Mary also present for the first time, it is sounding like an announcement about QMII future. What that means, I guess we'll find out soon.

I'd be very surprised if she was announcing her abdication. I don't want her too! She is a firm favourite of mine!
Reply With Quote
  #187  
Old 03-20-2017, 04:54 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: xxx, Finland
Posts: 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincessJava View Post
I would be personally surprised if it was just a Government dinner for no apparent reason, especially with the Belgian State Dinner in less than a week. Considering the last two dinners involved a major annoucement, and with CP Mary also present for the first time, it is sounding like an announcement about QMII future. What that means, I guess we'll find out soon.
CP Mary does not attend this for the first time. She did attend the one in 2003 and we have no idea as to if she did attend the last one in 2009. The last two dinners did have a major announcements, but not the one before those.

The Spanish Royal Family has nothing to do with this.
Reply With Quote
  #188  
Old 03-20-2017, 05:05 PM
GömdNatt's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Cincinnati, United States
Posts: 1,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
CP Mary does not attend this for the first time. She did attend the one in 2003 and we have no idea as to if she did attend the last one in 2009. The last two dinners did have a major announcements, but not the one before those.

The Spanish Royal Family has nothing to do with this.
Semantics, you could say. This is the first time that Crown Princess Mary has attended. In 2003, she was one half of an engaged couple, still a civilian, and it was a very special occasion for her. We can only guess, right now, why she attends this week, but we'll find out soon.
__________________
My facebook fan page: https://www.facebook.com/SignyCullen
Author of fiction novel Farther Side of Away, and non-fiction book about royalty If You're a Princess, Where's Your Crown?
Reply With Quote
  #189  
Old 03-20-2017, 05:18 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bridgetown, Barbados
Posts: 707
Maybe CP Mary will officially have some regency capacity as future Queen and mother of a future King? (Oh good Lord... Prince Henrik would have a cow!!! LOL ) OR, it's just a simple dinner.
Reply With Quote
  #190  
Old 03-20-2017, 05:23 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,400
Given how often the Queen has said she won't abdicate I just don't see it personally however, equally I don't know what else it could be. Could the Queen and Henrik are divorcing? Could it be the PM resigning? I don't necessarily see Mary being there as a massive issue if she has attended in the past.
Reply With Quote
  #191  
Old 03-20-2017, 05:48 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bridgetown, Barbados
Posts: 707
I found this information on another message board. The last state council dinner was on March 31, 2009 at Amalienborg and both Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary attended, so we can't read anything into CP Mary's presence at the dinner this time. However, after that particular dinner, the Danish PM did step down as he was elected head of NATO.
Interestingly enough...there were similar speculations about QMII abdicating but by that time, the joint state visit visit of the regent and Crown prince couples to Vietnam had been announced.
Reply With Quote
  #192  
Old 03-20-2017, 07:00 PM
GömdNatt's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Cincinnati, United States
Posts: 1,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
I found this information on another message board. The last state council dinner was on March 31, 2009 at Amalienborg and both Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary attended, so we can't read anything into CP Mary's presence at the dinner this time. However, after that particular dinner, the Danish PM did step down as he was elected head of NATO.
Interestingly enough...there were similar speculations about QMII abdicating but by that time, the joint state visit visit of the regent and Crown prince couples to Vietnam had been announced.
good point. I see now on the Mary Message Board that she was in fact scheduled to attend and likely did so. So it definitely won't be her first as CP. I also saw that in 2009 the secretary to the Queen said that the dinner is supposed to take place every few years and they were just trying to get everyone together at the same time and so there was no special reason for the dinner, lol.
__________________
My facebook fan page: https://www.facebook.com/SignyCullen
Author of fiction novel Farther Side of Away, and non-fiction book about royalty If You're a Princess, Where's Your Crown?
Reply With Quote
  #193  
Old 03-20-2017, 07:27 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bridgetown, Barbados
Posts: 707
Exactly...so it appears to be just a simple dinner . On the other hand....we'll just have to wait and see if any major announcements are made after.
Reply With Quote
  #194  
Old 03-22-2017, 08:35 AM
Muhler's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 9,397
The very serious paper, Berlingske, has asked QMII's cabinet secretary (private counselor, especially in issues regarding government and parliament and dealing with political issues, more than actual secretary), Henning Fode.

He explains that there is nothing more mysterious about this dinner than there is with every other dinner who occasionally have with your working partners. - And that there are no events the DRF will announce in connection with this dinner.

Such dinner is held with someone you have worked with for a while. I.e. the government. But it's unusual for a Danish government to remain unchanged for more than a few years, or even a four-year period. (Changing government coalitions and major reshuffles are common).
Henning Fode says that now both the government and the DRF managed to find a date that suited all.

- All that still sounds a bit weird to me.
The current government coalition has only been around for four months or so. This was presumably planned more than four months ago, I.e. under the previous one-party government.
So to me this is either a: "Screw it! I'll end up dead before there is a government who has been in office long enough. So this will be the date, no matter who and what the government consists of. Period!"
Or a political announcement will follow.... Because Henning Fode only denied that the court would have an announcement.

Mystik om Dronning Margrethes middag: Her er forklaringen bag | BT Politik - www.bt.dk
Reply With Quote
  #195  
Old 03-22-2017, 08:48 AM
Alisa's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: , United States
Posts: 2,016
Will this be a gala dinner?
__________________
Those who plot the destruction of others often perish in the attempt. ---Phaedrus
Reply With Quote
  #196  
Old 03-22-2017, 09:04 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 4,038
I've been keeping an anxious eye on this, hoping that this dinner is not made the occasion of some terrible announcement about the Queen's health, necessitating her stepping down. So, it looks as if it might be just a regular old political and social meeting, in spite of the odd timing, with no special reason for it? I still remain a bit perturbed.
Reply With Quote
  #197  
Old 03-22-2017, 09:09 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bridgetown, Barbados
Posts: 707
I think that even if QMII was ill, she still would not abdicate.
Reply With Quote
  #198  
Old 03-22-2017, 09:10 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: xxx, Finland
Posts: 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
Will this be a gala dinner?
I can't remember seeing any photos from the 2009 dinner but 2003 was long dresses,
white tie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
I've been keeping an anxious eye on this, hoping that this dinner is not made the occasion of some terrible announcement about the Queen's health, necessitating her stepping down. So, it looks as if it might be just a regular old political and social meeting, in spite of the odd timing, with no special reason for it? I still remain a bit perturbed.
What is odd about the timing?
Reply With Quote
  #199  
Old 03-22-2017, 09:26 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 4,038
That, as Muhler explained, the current government has only been in for a matter of four months, scarcely long enough to warm the seats, and there is no political crisis looming, no ministerial resignations etc (as far as we know.)
Reply With Quote
  #200  
Old 03-22-2017, 11:23 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: san diego, United States
Posts: 6,342
a little bit of information regarding the dinner
Statsrådsmiddag | Kongehuset
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
danish royal events, danish royal family, denmark royal family


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Danish Royal Family, Current Events Part 4: June 2012 - May 2016 iceflower Current Events Archive 481 05-20-2016 12:26 PM
King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia, Current Events Part 9: May 2014-February 2016 JessRulz Current Events Archive 454 02-07-2016 03:13 PM
Danish Royal Family, Current Events 3: April 2010 - June 2012 dazzling Current Events Archive 406 06-03-2012 06:39 AM
Danish Royal Family, Current Events 2: March 2008 - April 2010 GlitteringTiaras Current Events Archive 371 04-24-2010 11:47 AM
Danish Royal Family, Current Events 1: April 2003 - March 2008 Julia Current Events Archive 506 03-23-2008 05:56 PM




Popular Tags
albania best gown september 2016 best outfit best summer outfit 2016 birthday books british baby names catherine middleton style child christening of prince alexander coel hen coup d'etat crown prince crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion denmark duchess of cambridge duke of cambridge earthquakes europe fascism fashion poll french jewels king abdullah ii king carl gustaf and queen silvia king willem-alexander maxima in australia and new zealand member introduction monarchy murdoch new zealand norway november 2016 october 2016 picture of the week prince charles princess charlene princess claire of luxembourg princess mary princess mary fashion princess mary style princess mette-marit fashion and style princess sofia psychopath queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen margrethe queen mathilde queen mathilde daytime fashion queen mathilde fashion queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen rania queen rania daytime fashion queen rania fashion queen rania in new zealand queen silvia september 2016 state visit succession sweden the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats tiara


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:14 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises