The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-03-2012, 06:39 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Danish Royal Family, Current Events Part 4: June 2012 -

Welcome to Part 7 of the thread for the Danish Royal Family's current events!

You can find the old thread here:

** The Danish Royal Family Current Events: Part 6 (April 2010 - June 2012) **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

Happy Posting!

Old 06-03-2012, 07:16 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Here's another article from hellomagazine about the zoo visit:

** Princess Isabella enjoys quality time with granddad Henrik **
Isabella is adorable...is my favorite little princess

Old 06-03-2012, 07:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

How Prince Henrik enjoy his grand children ! It is so heartwarming, it comes from his heart !
Old 06-03-2012, 08:36 AM
Nobility

ICEFLOWER --> Could you post link to information about CP Frederik's "visit" on EURO2012???
On June 13th 2012 there will be a match between Denmark and Portugal in Lviv, Ukraine.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:41 AM
Super Moderator

No problem This is what I've found at the official website:

Quote:
13. juni 2012 H.K.H. Kronprinsen overværer EM i fodbold i Lviv, Ukraine.
Translated it says: June 13, 2012. His Royal Highness Crown Prince attends the European Cup un Lviv, Ukraine.

So that's the match you've already mentioned
Old 06-03-2012, 12:13 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

No problem This is what I've found at the official website:

Translated it says: June 13, 2012. His Royal Highness Crown Prince attends the European Cup un Lviv, Ukraine.

So that's the match you've already mentioned
Thank you. I do not like this new website DRF because I don't konw why but I can't find anything - I mean the calendar of events/meetings etc. :) Now I must save this page in tabs :)
Old 06-07-2012, 08:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #23, 2010.
Farfars lille skat (*) - Grandad's little honey.
Written by Annelise Weimann.

I you know from the pics grandpapa Henrik took four of his grandchildren to Zoo for some quality time.
In fact they were there to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the elephant Chieng Mai coming to Denmark from Thailand. (**) Prince Henrik has always shown a keen interest for the elephants and on this windy and cool day Nikolai, Felix, Christian and Bella went with him.
First there were speeches. No less than two adults talked for a looong time about something and then grandpapa gave a speech as well. That was too much for Bella, she yawned heartily. Christian, being the older and mature brother, held out longer, before he had to succumb to a yawn.
But while the speeches went on grandpapa, whispered silly things to Christian and exchanged loving glances with Isabella.
At some point Bell slumped down on her chair, but a gentle hand on her back from grandpapa made her sit upright again.

There was also a Thai jazz band who played and judging from tha facial expressions on all four children it was obvious that jazz is perhaps not among the kind of music they listen to very often. But nevertheless they all four managed to stand and listen politely with a reasonable straight face.

The whole thing culminated with the children feeding the elephants.

There were originally two elephants, who were a gift from Thailand to King Frederik IX and Queen Ingrid, but one died some years ago. As such quite a few among the guests were from Thailand. (***)

(*) Skat litterally means treasure. It's the most common word of endearment in Danish, Used by sweethearts, married couples, parents and grandparents alike. It's also what I call my daughter.

(**) Copenhagen Zoo have Thai elephants while say Aalborg Zoo have African elephants. (Their keepers there match the size of the elephants. Less than 100 kilos is considered feminine).

(***) Having experienced a genuine cool summersday in DK they would have been forgiven for wishing themselves back in Thailand.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:58 AM
Commoner

Thanks for the translation Muhler! I really liked this article))
Old 06-07-2012, 09:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #23, 2012.
Farverig fest på Fredensborg - Colorful party at Fredensborg.
Written by our groovy reporter Annelise Weimann.

Those of you who have recovered from seeing the pics will forever remember the party at Fredensborg in honor of the 40th jubilee of the WWF. Hosted by Prince Henrik in his capacity as patron.

PH and QMII drove a golfcar to the Orangerie connected to Fredensborg Slot. Prince Joachim and our Marie hitched a ride and sat in the back for the fewe hundred meters.
Mary and Frederik strolled.
The car belonged to Queen Ingrid, who used it to around on the pretty extensive estate around Fredensborg Slot. She lived in Kancellihuset for the last few years of her life. But the car, appropriately fitted with a crown is still in use.
Judging from the pictures of some of the female guests the theme was colorful! Perhaps inspired by tropical butterflies?
Prince Henrik showed up wearing a Chinese silkjacket. QMII was wearing a kimono of some sort.
La belle Marie was fairly subdued, with her hair braided and put up and wearing erarings with plack stones.
Mary went full throttle in her flower-power outfit, with her hair arranged back over her shoulders and wearing earrings from JewlsCPH with 8.8 carats singlecut diamonds.

It's most likely all three ladies had called their hairdressers. QMII is confirmed as having her hair done on this occasion by Paul Nejlund. Her hair was adorned with a gold-come with small gems and she wore turquis erarings.
Mary's hairdresser is of course Søren Hedelund and la charmant Marie's is Dennis Knudsen.
The guests, who had paid 4.800 DKK to the WWF for the dinner, were treated to mouthwatering menu with biodynamic wines, whatever that is???

Claude Chicon sang four of PH's poems. (*) Then the singer Lene Siel (**) and her band took over and people started to dance.
The DRF left the party some time after midnight but the guests stayed on for a couple of hours more.

(*) No doubt a unique experience.....

(**) She ain't half bad.
You may know this song in English.

It was my pleasure, Northern Princess
Old 06-13-2012, 03:43 PM
Super Moderator

Prince Henrik as former President of Europa Nostra Denmark and Prince Joachim as Patron Europa Nostra Denmark attended
the award ceremony of the Europa Nostra Prize 2012 at Fredensborg Castle today, June 13. Art historian Hanne Raabyemagle
was this year's prizewinner.

** Pic ** kongehuset.dk: Prinsgemalen overrækker Europa Nostra Pris 2012 ** translation **
Old 06-19-2012, 08:25 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Royal Couple holds 19th June 2012 at. 15.30 to 18.00 have the company of "The Volunteer Denmark" at Fredensborg Castle.

Guestlist at the royal couple have company at fredensborg castle at. 15.30

The royal family
Her Majesty The Queen
His Royal Highness the Prince Consort
Her Royal Highness Crown Princess
His Royal Highness Prince Joachim
Her Royal Highness Princess Marie of
Her Royal Highness Princess Benedikte

Click here to view the full list.

Anyone knows what the dress code would be? Formal with a hat maybe?
Old 06-19-2012, 08:31 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

This looks like a good event, no Frederik though?
Old 06-19-2012, 09:21 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

Will be in Saudi Arabia for the condolence ceremony for the late Crown Prince Nayef.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:01 AM
Super Moderator

Pics of the large number of guests arriving at the garden party today:

** bt.dk: Se billederne: Royal havefest i fredensborg **
Old 06-19-2012, 02:41 PM
Royal Highness

Saw a clip from the garden party on the news, it looked quite fun. Mary and Marie both looks stunning.

— Queen Margrethe II of Denmark directly addressing people suffering from depression and loneliness in her 2011 New Years address.

Old 06-19-2012, 03:16 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

MENU AND MUSIC AT THE ROYAL COUPLE HAVE COMPANY ON 19 JUNE 2012
Read it here
Old 06-19-2012, 05:22 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Royal Couple holds 19th June 2012 at. 15.30 to 18.00 have the company of "The Volunteer Denmark" at Fredensborg Castle. ...Anyone knows what the dress code would be? Formal with a hat maybe?
I for one am pleased about this type of arrangement! It's not exactly rocket science where the inspiration came from, but it's long overdue IMO!

The dress code appears to be day dress! The photos reveal that the royal family is fairly casually dressed as well. There is no way a Danish garden party will ever match the British counterpart in the sartorial department, but people do their best. I did spot one or two hats in a series of photos, but if hats are not mentioned in the invitation there won't be many around.
Being a milliner i Denmark is not exactly a gold mine ......

viv
Old 06-20-2012, 03:36 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viv View Post
I for one am pleased about this type of arrangement! It's not exactly rocket science where the inspiration came from, but it's long overdue IMO!

viv
I think it was a great event! I hope it becomes a yearly event.

Old 06-20-2012, 04:24 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
I think it was a great event! I hope it becomes a yearly event.
So do I! Now the royal court will have to evaluate!
According to a Danish newspaper 800 people from various charities and volunteer workers were invited (list available at the DRF website) including a number of celebs!
The royals entertained the guests in two pavillions (tents), CP Mary, the Joachims and Princess Benedikte were circulating in one, whereas HM and the Consort stuck to the traditional "holding court" set up in the other. Contrary to the princely pavillion you could not approach HM and HRH in theirs unless you had been invited to!
I read somewhere that HM is not a very good small talker, a fact that speaks against "the walkabout" perfected by the British. She apparently prefers a vehicle for the conversation in each individual case, which can be provided by assistant courtiers.

viv

Tags
crown prince, crown prince frederik, crown princess mary, danish royal family, denmark, denmark royals, prince henrik, prince joachim, princess marie, queen, queen margerthe, queen margrethe of denmark