The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-28-2012, 11:52 AM
Aristocracy

It seems like Mary telling Isabella to calm down. She is very active little girl.

Old 11-28-2012, 12:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

nice family outing...thanks for the pictures.

Old 11-28-2012, 01:16 PM
Royal Highness

It seems like yesterday that Christian was a little baby, Isabella a chubby toddler and the twins coming out of hospital like little bundles. How gorgeous and grown up are these children and I must include Joachin´s wonderful brood as well. Isabella is a live wire - an adorable one at that.
Old 11-28-2012, 03:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

I know the feeling Isabella must have had, I was like that every year when we went to Tivoli for Christmas. Everything looks so nice and Christmas-y. Christian is much more calm than Isabella, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing, and I would definitely not say that being a handful is a bad thing. It's very typical for younger siblings who want to be (able to do) like their older siblings, I even think the Queen mentioned that in an interview once. Bella is adorable and Christian looks so sweet. The Queen looks delighted to hold hands with her granddaughter and show her around in Tivoli.

Absolutely love to see Nikolai and Felix holding hands with Marie, even though Nikolai looks a bit precautious being photographed holding hands with Marie (as any thirteen year old boy would be ). Those boys are so well-raised and very sweet.

Old 11-28-2012, 05:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
I know the feeling Isabella must have had, I was like that every year when we went to Tivoli for Christmas. Everything looks so nice and Christmas-y. Christian is much more calm than Isabella, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing, and I would definitely not say that being a handful is a bad thing. It's very typical for younger siblings who want to be (able to do) like their older siblings, I even think the Queen mentioned that in an interview once. Bella is adorable and Christian looks so sweet. The Queen looks delighted to hold hands with her granddaughter and show her around in Tivoli.

Absolutely love to see Nikolai and Felix holding hands with Marie, even though Nikolai looks a bit precautious being photographed holding hands with Marie (as any thirteen year old boy would be ). Those boys are so well-raised and very sweet.
I agree completely.
They look like a typical family. Im glad Mary is not worried (or Frederik) to discipline or talk to their kids and calm them down.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:09 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by berry View Post
princess isabella looks quite of a handful...
it is indeed difficult to always have to be on your best behaviour!
Old 11-28-2012, 08:52 PM
Majesty

I love the pictures, and the fact that Isabella is just not afraid to be herself, even if it gets in a little bit of trouble . She certainly looks like a young lady that needs to be kept busy and engaged, or else, she'll find something to entertain herself with (which may not always be acceptable in the eyes of the parents/grandparents).

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

The pictures are very nice- thank you for sharing! F & M look like they've got their hands full with Isabella!
Old 11-29-2012, 03:43 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post
Nice to see all the big boys emulating CP Frederik in the coloured trousers department! Lovely to see men and boys dressed in other colours than black and grey.

Thanks for all the lovely pictures.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #48, 2012.
På hemmelig julemission - On secret Christmas mission.
Written by our man behind the scenes, Ulrik Ulriksen.

A little before 17.00 QMII brough her oldest grandchildren and daughters-in-law to see the Nutcracker in Tivoli and they were incognito - almost. Despite entering Tivoli by a rear entrance they were quickly spotted strolling through the garden.
QMII was in the lead, with M&F and their children behind and our Marie forming the rearguard with Nikolai and Felix. She had tucked her arm behind Nikolai's arm. - Which in my opinion seemed to suit him better than holding hands with Marie, when they left Tivoli. Felix however held his hands in front of the abdomen in the for men typical I'm-too-wellbehaved-to-put-my-hands-in-my-pockets-but-this-is-really-an-akward-situation-and-I-don't-know-what-to-do-with-my-hands-and-look-appropriate-at-the-same-time-stance.
Joachim wasn't present, perhaps he was looking after bette Henrik and Athena at home in the apartment at Amalienborg?

When the ballet was over they all left through the garden, this time with farmor Margrethe and Bella in front.
Tivoli has been decorated for Christmas and attracted the attention in particular of the only girl present, Isabella. The party had to stop several times to admire the lights and decorations and what not.

The royals had visited the dancers behind stage after the show. Isabella is in the article described as bing in "topform = high spirit", but then she has been dancing herself for a couple of years now.
Old 12-15-2012, 07:18 PM
Serene Highness

I think this belongs here :)

I went to TIVOLI today the 15th December 2012 with my lovely nephew and my wonderful parents to see THE NUTCRACKER :)

Along came:
HM The Queen of Denmark
HM The Queen of Greece
HRH The Crown Prince of Denmark
HRH The Crown Princess of Denmark
HRH The Crown Prince of Greece
HRH The Crown Princess of Greece
HRH Prince Christian
HRH Princess Isabella
HRH Princess Maria-Olympia
HRH Prince Odysseas-Kimon
HRH Aristides Stavros

And "The Greek Nanny" -
And the director of the ballet in Tivoli Peter Bo Bendixen

The numbers on the seats goes from seat 1 and seat 2 in the middle and then even numbers out to one side an uneven numbers to the other side.

So if you stand with you back to the stage the royals were seated like this from left to right: CPss Marie-Chantal (seat 6), P Odysseas-Kimon (seat 4), P Aristides-Stavros (seat 2), CP Pavlos (seat 1), Pss Maria-Olympia (seat 3), Q Anne-Marie (seat 5), Q Margrethe (seat 7), CP Frederik (seat 9), Pss Isabella (seat 11), Prince Christian (seat 13) and CPss Mary (seat 15).
During the first act they sat properly on the seats with their name on. But during the second act Prince Christian sat between the two youngest greek princes :) So wonderful to see how they enjoyed themselves :)
Old 12-15-2012, 07:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

How very exciting! So nice to hear that Anne-Marie and her family came along too, and that Pavlos and Marie-Chantal are spending some time with Mary and Frederik. Am also especially loving "the Greek Nanny"
On another note, was The Nutcracker good? Was it worth (all) the money? I had originally planned to go watch it this year as I love ballet, but didn't get around to buy ticket. I reckon they must be sold-out by now though.

Old 12-15-2012, 09:26 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
How very exciting! So nice to hear that Anne-Marie and her family came along too, and that Pavlos and Marie-Chantal are spending some time with Mary and Frederik.
It was soooooo exciting to see them coming in. Our queen hold hands with Christian and Isabella when entering to the second act.
Queen Anne-Marie poured in Christians hair when he was walking in front of her to get his seat between the two youngest greek princes.

Quote:
Am also especially loving "the Greek Nanny"
Isn´t that funny? I didn´t see her, because in the second act Peter Bo Bendixen was seated next to CPss Marie-Chantal.
Old 12-15-2012, 09:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by FasterB View Post
It was soooooo exciting to see them coming in. Our queen hold hands with Christian and Isabella when entering to the second act.
Queen Anne-Marie poured in Christians hair when he was walking in front of her to get his seat between the two youngest greek princes.
Aw, it must have been exciting for QMII to show off her work (again) to her grandchildren, it's also pretty evident that Christian and Bella now have reached a comfortable age for our dear Queen who don't feel quite at ease with babies and toddlers but prefer children who can 'think for themselves'

I wonder if Anne-Marie is spending Christmas here in Denmark, or if it was just a quick visit.

Quote:
Isn´t that funny? I didn´t see her, because in the second act Peter Bo Bendixen was seated next to CPss Marie-Chantal.
Do you know if "the Danish Nanny" was present too?

Old 12-15-2012, 09:56 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Do you know if "the Danish Nanny" was present too?
If she was, she didn´t got a seat
Old 12-15-2012, 10:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thank you for sharing FasterB.

Nice family outing with the extended family too.
Old 12-16-2012, 04:09 AM
Royal Highness

How nice to know that Queen Anne Marie, and Pavlo´s family are in Kopenhagen as well. I love to see these meetings of extended families. And these two(Greek and Danish) are some of my very favourites.
Any pictures?
Old 12-16-2012, 04:18 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carminha Stalker View Post
How nice to know that Queen Anne Marie, and Pavlo´s family are in Kopenhagen as well. I love to see these meetings of extended families. And these two(Greek and Danish) are some of my very favourites.
Any pictures?
I would love to see some pictures too, but haven't found any...
Old 12-16-2012, 09:52 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carminha Stalker View Post
Any pictures?
I would so much have loved to take a photo of the royals when leaving, but my nephew said "No, Faster!" (Faster = Dads sister)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Thanks, FasterB

Hope you enjoyed the show as well.
I did enjoy the show as well, but it was so much more fun to look at Prince Christian and his grandcousins
Old 12-16-2012, 11:48 AM
Royal Highness

Thank you FasterB, for sharing your experience with us
It will be exciting if you come in next week's magazines

I have also tried sitting right behind our royals (Mary, Christian and Isabella to the "Flying Superkids" show this summer) and it's always fun to see them in real life.

I hope you enjoyed the ballet.

Tags
crown prince, crown prince frederik, crown princess mary, danish royal family, denmark, denmark royals, prince henrik, prince joachim, princess marie, queen, queen margerthe, queen margrethe of denmark