Danish Royal Family, Current Events Part 4: June 2012 - May 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany
Denmark2.png

Welcome to Part 7 of the thread for the Danish Royal Family's current events!

You can find the old thread here:

** The Danish Royal Family Current Events: Part 6 (April 2010 - June 2012) **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

How Prince Henrik enjoy his grand children ! It is so heartwarming, it comes from his heart !

ICEFLOWER --> Could you post link to information about CP Frederik's "visit" on EURO2012???
On June 13th 2012 there will be a match between Denmark and Portugal in Lviv, Ukraine.

:previous:

No problem :flowers: This is what I've found at the official website:

13. juni 2012 H.K.H. Kronprinsen overværer EM i fodbold i Lviv, Ukraine.

Translated it says: June 13, 2012. His Royal Highness Crown Prince attends the European Cup un Lviv, Ukraine.

So that's the match you've already mentioned :flowers:

No problem :flowers: This is what I've found at the official website:

Translated it says: June 13, 2012. His Royal Highness Crown Prince attends the European Cup un Lviv, Ukraine.

So that's the match you've already mentioned :flowers:

Thank you. I do not like this new website DRF ;) because I don't konw why but I can't find anything - I mean the calendar of events/meetings etc. :) Now I must save this page in tabs :)

Last edited:
Summary of article in Billed Bladet #23, 2010.
Farfars lille skat (*) - Grandad's little honey.
Written by Annelise Weimann.

I you know from the pics grandpapa Henrik took four of his grandchildren to Zoo for some quality time.
In fact they were there to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the elephant Chieng Mai coming to Denmark from Thailand. (**) Prince Henrik has always shown a keen interest for the elephants and on this windy and cool day Nikolai, Felix, Christian and Bella went with him.
First there were speeches. No less than two adults talked for a looong time about something and then grandpapa gave a speech as well. That was too much for Bella, she yawned heartily. Christian, being the older and mature brother, held out longer, before he had to succumb to a yawn.
But while the speeches went on grandpapa, whispered silly things to Christian and exchanged loving glances with Isabella.
At some point Bell slumped down on her chair, but a gentle hand on her back from grandpapa made her sit upright again.

There was also a Thai jazz band who played and judging from tha facial expressions on all four children it was obvious that jazz is perhaps not among the kind of music they listen to very often. But nevertheless they all four managed to stand and listen politely with a reasonable straight face.

The whole thing culminated with the children feeding the elephants.

There were originally two elephants, who were a gift from Thailand to King Frederik IX and Queen Ingrid, but one died some years ago. As such quite a few among the guests were from Thailand. (***)

(*) Skat litterally means treasure. It's the most common word of endearment in Danish, Used by sweethearts, married couples, parents and grandparents alike. It's also what I call my daughter.

(**) Copenhagen Zoo have Thai elephants while say Aalborg Zoo have African elephants. (Their keepers there match the size of the elephants. Less than 100 kilos is considered feminine).

(***) Having experienced a genuine cool summersday in DK they would have been forgiven for wishing themselves back in Thailand.

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #23, 2012.
Farverig fest på Fredensborg - Colorful party at Fredensborg.
Written by our groovy reporter Annelise Weimann.

Those of you who have recovered from seeing the pics will forever remember the party at Fredensborg in honor of the 40th jubilee of the WWF. Hosted by Prince Henrik in his capacity as patron.

PH and QMII drove a golfcar to the Orangerie connected to Fredensborg Slot. Prince Joachim and our Marie hitched a ride and sat in the back for the fewe hundred meters.
Mary and Frederik strolled.
The car belonged to Queen Ingrid, who used it to around on the pretty extensive estate around Fredensborg Slot. She lived in Kancellihuset for the last few years of her life. But the car, appropriately fitted with a crown is still in use.
Judging from the pictures of some of the female guests the theme was colorful! Perhaps inspired by tropical butterflies?
Prince Henrik showed up wearing a Chinese silkjacket. QMII was wearing a kimono of some sort.
La belle Marie was fairly subdued, with her hair braided and put up and wearing erarings with plack stones.
Mary went full throttle in her flower-power outfit, with her hair arranged back over her shoulders and wearing earrings from JewlsCPH with 8.8 carats singlecut diamonds.

It's most likely all three ladies had called their hairdressers. QMII is confirmed as having her hair done on this occasion by Paul Nejlund. Her hair was adorned with a gold-come with small gems and she wore turquis erarings.
Mary's hairdresser is of course Søren Hedelund and la charmant Marie's is Dennis Knudsen.
The guests, who had paid 4.800 DKK to the WWF for the dinner, were treated to mouthwatering menu with biodynamic wines, whatever that is???

Claude Chicon sang four of PH's poems. (*) Then the singer Lene Siel (**) and her band took over and people started to dance.
The DRF left the party some time after midnight but the guests stayed on for a couple of hours more.

(*) No doubt a unique experience.....

(**) She ain't half bad.
You may know this song in English.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOBEEzy0VnQ

It was my pleasure, Northern Princess

Last edited by a moderator:
Royal Couple holds 19th June 2012 at. 15.30 to 18.00 have the company of "The Volunteer Denmark" at Fredensborg Castle.

Guestlist at the royal couple have company at fredensborg castle at. 15.30

The royal family
Her Majesty The Queen
His Royal Highness the Prince Consort
Her Royal Highness Crown Princess
His Royal Highness Prince Joachim
Her Royal Highness Princess Marie of
Her Royal Highness Princess Benedikte

Click here to view the full list.

Anyone knows what the dress code would be? Formal with a hat maybe?

This looks like a good event, no Frederik though?

Will be in Saudi Arabia for the condolence ceremony for the late Crown Prince Nayef.

Saw a clip from the garden party on the news, it looked quite fun. Mary and Marie both looks stunning.

Royal Couple holds 19th June 2012 at. 15.30 to 18.00 have the company of "The Volunteer Denmark" at Fredensborg Castle. ...Anyone knows what the dress code would be? Formal with a hat maybe?

I for one am pleased about this type of arrangement:flowers::flowers:! It's not exactly rocket science where the inspiration came from, but it's long overdue IMO:flowers:!

The dress code appears to be day dress! The photos reveal that the royal family is fairly casually dressed as well. There is no way a Danish garden party will ever match the British counterpart in the sartorial department, but people do their best. I did spot one or two hats in a series of photos, but if hats are not mentioned in the invitation there won't be many around.
Being a milliner i Denmark is not exactly a gold mine ......

viv

I think it was a great event! I hope it becomes a yearly event.

So do I! Now the royal court will have to evaluate!
According to a Danish newspaper 800 people from various charities and volunteer workers were invited (list available at the DRF website) including a number of celebs!
The royals entertained the guests in two pavillions (tents), CP Mary, the Joachims and Princess Benedikte were circulating in one, whereas HM and the Consort stuck to the traditional "holding court" set up in the other. Contrary to the princely pavillion you could not approach HM and HRH in theirs unless you had been invited to!
I read somewhere that HM is not a very good small talker, a fact that speaks against "the walkabout" perfected by the British. She apparently prefers a vehicle for the conversation in each individual case, which can be provided by assistant courtiers.

viv

Prince Henrik's arm

Does anyboby know what happened to Prince Henrik ?

The Prince Consort have had a minor operation in the hand at the hospital Monday night.
The operation will help the movement of the fingers and the Prince Consort now must go with a cast for approx.
Apparently it is not because of arthritis.

Thanks for posting iceflower.

I love the first one of the three ladies such a warm and happy photo of them .

Last edited:
Me too! That's why I couldn't resist posting another similar one as well

Thank you for posting these photos :flowers::flowers:! Princess Benedikte is looking fine and her recently updated hair style gives you and idea of how HM would look with short hair!

viv

Thank you for posting these photos :flowers::flowers:! Princess Benedikte is looking fine and her recently updated hair style gives you and idea of how HM would look with short hair!

viv

I had the good fortune to meet and speak with Princess Benedikte last month during her visit to Philadelphia. She's a very attractive woman and her hair is fabulous!

Thanks, Iceflower :flowers:

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #26, 2012.
Hele Danmark mødes i Fredensborg - The whole of Denmark is meeting in Fredensborg.

This was the first time the DRF had invited volunteers from charitable organisations to a garden party and Fredemsborg park was a very suitable place. The weather was for once reasonably good.
The event was a success so it is expected to be repeated.

Almost 50 % of all adult Danes do some voluntary work in one way or another and that was to be appreciated with this garden party, where almost 1.000 representatives for various organisations were invited.
Fredensborg park isn't the best place for people in wheelchairs and rollators, but there were plenty of helpers at hand.

The various members of the DRF mingled with the volunteers and tried to chat with as many as possible.
Mary didn't even have time to eat but only had a rhubarb-lemonade.
Frederik wasn't present, he attended a ceremony in Saudi Arabia upon the death of Crown Prince Nayef.

Prince Henrik had his hand wrapped in a bandage as he had undergone surgery to his hand. The surgery was to improve the dexterity in his fingers. (But the court denies that is is arthrisis).

The guestlist contains a good deal of the heavy weights within culture.

- And that is the last summary from me.
We'll be on vacation for the next couple of weeks and I won't have my hands on a BB until we return home.
Fortunately there is such a thing called Internet where we are going.

Thanks, Iceflower :flowers:

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #26, 2012.
Hele Danmark mødes i Fredensborg - The whole of Denmark is meeting in Fredensborg.

This was the first time the DRF had invited volunteers from charitable organisations to a garden party and Fredemsborg park was a very suitable place. The weather was for once reasonably good.
The event was a success so it is expected to be repeated.

Almost 50 % of all adult Danes do some voluntary work in one way or another and that was to be appreciated with this garden party, where almost 1.000 representatives for various organisations were invited.
Fredensborg park isn't the best place for people in wheelchairs and rollators, but there were plenty of helpers at hand.

The various members of the DRF mingled with the volunteers and tried to chat with as many as possible.
Mary didn't even have time to eat but only had a rhubarb-lemonade.
Frederik wasn't present, he attended a ceremony in Saudi Arabia upon the death of Crown Prince Nayef.

Prince Henrik had his hand wrapped in a bandage as he had undergone surgery to his hand. The surgery was to improve the dexterity in his fingers. (But the court denies that is is arthrisis).

The guestlist contains a good deal of the heavy weights within culture.

- And that is the last summary from me.
We'll be on vacation for the next couple of weeks and I won't have my hands on a BB until we return home.
Fortunately there is such a thing called Internet where we are going.

thanks Muhler for all your summaries. :flowers: Enjoy your vacation.

I think the garden party was a nice idea. hopefully they will do it again

Queen Margrethe as Patron of the Rebild Festival and Princess Benedikte as Honorary President of the Rebild company attended this year's Rebild Festival at the Rebild National Park in Jutland. The festival is an annual celebration of the American Independence Day in Denmark and it serves as a homecoming for Danish-Americans. This year the Danish-American friendship association Rebild Company
also celebrates 100th birthday.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** b.dk gallery **

** sn.dk gallery: Uafhængighedsdag fejret i bakkerne **

** nordjyske.dk gallery: Perfekt 4. juli i Rebild Bakker **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom