Danish Royal Family Christmas: 2003, 2004, 2006-2014, 2016-2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So then Margrethe and Henrik won't be doing a festive Macarena or Conga for the Holidays?:p Because That?....would be priceless.

Well, I wouldn't count that one out!
Considering that we have seen QMII on TV singing the praise of PH, while showering him with petals and we have heard about Mary going on stage and playing an air guitar at Frederik's 40th birthday and PH, you never know what he might do... Who knows? :p

Cue the editors of certain magazines :whistling: lol

41 out of 44 members. not bad.
I hope its a nice time for all and that we get some pictures;)

Well, since we have been told by New Idea, that QMII has postponed her plans for abdicating, because of new Idea... :p she may throw a bomb.

- And if anyone believe that then I've got a mermaid for sale.

----------------------

ADDED:

https://app.box.com/s/3qgwekpwtp5lf30y3py0

Top left: The Garden Hall, where the family will dine on Christmas Eve.
Top right: A table from an exhibition on how QMII decorates the Christmas table.
Centre: The Dome Hall where the Christmas tree will be standing.
Right: A photo from inside Fredensborg Slotskirke = Fredensborg palace church.

Last edited:
I find it interesting that Princess Benedikte taught her children Danish. But Queen Anne-Marie didn't. She is definitely not Greek. It's something i really don't understand.

I find it interesting that Princess Benedikte taught her children Danish. But Queen Anne-Marie didn't. She is definitely not Greek. It's something i really don't understand.

but Benedikte's children spent more time in Denmark than AM's, didn't they? Plus they grew up nearby in Germany, while the Greek's were growing up in England. I'm sure they know several phrases and have picked up a lot over the years since they do come to visit.

I live in the US and I've seen countless immigrant families where they don't teach their children their native tongue, just English. I, myself, was born in Germany, but raised in the US and my parents only taught me a handful of German phrases.

I Googled ''Fredensborg palace church'' hoping to find a picture of the organ. I'm sure there is one, but I couldn't find a picture. There is quite an elaborate piano, though. I feel for the organist having to play for a congregation composed almost entirely of royalty - I still get nervous playing for Bishops!

Is the church exclusively for the use of the royal family, or are members of the public also able to use it?

but Benedikte's children spent more time in Denmark than AM's, didn't they? Plus they grew up nearby in Germany, while the Greek's were growing up in England. I'm sure they know several phrases and have picked up a lot over the years since they do come to visit.

Both Alexandra and Nathalie are Danish citizens.

I Googled ''Fredensborg palace church'' hoping to find a picture of the organ. I'm sure there is one, but I couldn't find a picture. There is quite an elaborate piano, though. I feel for the organist having to play for a congregation composed almost entirely of royalty - I still get nervous playing for Bishops!

Is the church exclusively for the use of the royal family, or are members of the public also able to use it?

The church is public but reserved for the use of the DRF when in residence. But members of the public regularly attend services there, get married or christened just like in any other church.

Thank you, Nordic. :flowers: It's quite lovely, and they've included a stoplist for us nerdy types. ;)

Benedikte's children have much stronger ties to Denmark than Anne-Marie's children have. As Muhler said, both Alexandra and Nathalie are Danish citizens and Nathalie rides for Team Denmark. Benedikte and her children also live much closer to Denmark and contrary to Anne-Marie, Benedikte is an active member of the Danish royal family (and had she and Richard chosen to bring their children up in Denmark, they would still be in the line of succession to the throne). So I think it's quite natural that they all speak Danish as opposed to their Greek cousins.

But the Greek cousins definitely know a few Danish phrases here and there. They all called Queen Ingrid 'mormor' which is Danish for a maternal grandmother, for instance.

Princess Theodora posted an image on Instagram of the changing of the guard at Fredensborg Slot.

We now know that Queen Anne-Marie, Princess Theodora and CP Pavlos with family have arrived.

And this new article from BB tells Frederik, Mary and children and Benedikte with family arrived today.

Mary and Frederik and children arrived today at 3:30 pm to the Chancellery House where they have moved in and will stay throughout Christmas.

Dronning Margrethes travle lillejulaften i Fredensborg | Billed Bladet

Tomorrow the last family members will arrive and the Christmas can begin :santa:

Last edited:
:previous: At Fredensborg somewhere.

The two wings going in an angle from the palace's main building towards the main guard are where the guest rooms are located.

Here is a gallery from Royalista with a family group shot from the last time the family was together at Christmas: DEC 24: A royal Christmas photo shoot | Royalista
I hope we will get some similar pics this year as well - to compare.

(Fredensborg Slot updated: https://app.box.com/s/j4058zbzjtyaypd0wx0o)

Well, gotta go, Merry Christmas.

Last edited:
Princess Theodora posted an image on Instagram of the changing of the guard at Fredensborg Slot.

She posted also on of the Christmas Tree with Prince Philippos decorating it.

It looks as if there's going to be a big turnout at Fredensborg this Christmas. This might have been asked before, but when was the last time there was this big a gathering for the DRF's Christmas?

I would love to be a fly on the wall during the DRF's Christmas this year. I wonder if they will release any official photos of the families together.

Crown Princess Marie Chantal has posted a photo of the changing of the guard on her Instagram account:

Marie-Chantal Of Greece @mariechantal22 Christmas in Denm...Instagram photo | Websta (Webstagram)

She has also posted a photo of Prince Aristide Stavros, but I'm not sure if it was taken at Fredensborg or at their residence in England.

It looks as if there's going to be a big turnout at Fredensborg this Christmas. This might have been asked before, but when was the last time there was this big a gathering for the DRF's Christmas?

I would love to be a fly on the wall during the DRF's Christmas this year. I wonder if they will release any official photos of the families together.

Crown Princess Marie Chantal has posted a photo of the changing of the guard on her Instagram account:

Marie-Chantal Of Greece @mariechantal22 Christmas in Denm...Instagram photo | Websta (Webstagram)

She has also posted a photo of Prince Aristide Stavros, but I'm not sure if it was taken at Fredensborg or at their residence in England.

It was 2006!

Prince Achilleas Andreas posted a sneaky photo of the family at black tie dinner tonight. In it I can make out Princess Tatiana, Princess Alexandra, Crown Princess Mary, Princess Marie, queen Margrethe, Queen Anne Marie and Prince Joachim.

:previous: At Fredensborg somewhere.

The two wings going in an angle from the palace's main building towards the main guard are where the guest rooms are located.

Here is a gallery from Royalista with a family group shot from the last time the family was together at Christmas: DEC 24: A royal Christmas photo shoot | Royalista
I hope we will get some similar pics this year as well - to compare.

(Fredensborg Slot updated: https://app.box.com/s/j4058zbzjtyaypd0wx0o)

Well, gotta go, Merry Christmas.

Do you know if members of the Royal Family actually decorate the Christmas tree? Or do some servants have the pleasure to decorate the tree?

Do you know if members of the Royal Family actually decorate the Christmas tree? Or do some servants have the pleasure to decorate the tree?

Here is Philippos of Greece decorating the tree : https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B5pOTJQIUAAvU8h.jpg

and according to @RoyaltySpeaking : ' The Queen has revealed that the family waits until Christmas eve to decorate their massive tree where they take it on as a family '

So royal, so elegant but fun also with the party hats:cool: What is the bright green drink?

:previous: At first I thought those were New Years hats as well but come to think of it, I reckon they're more likely to be QMII's homemade Christmas decorations – Christmas angels, perhaps. As for the green, I think it's deep green coloured glasses rather than a drink :flowers:

It seems that Mary was wearing her purple McQueen gown tonight.

Also, Olympia posted this picture to her Instagram earlier.

Last edited:
Thank you for the photos, it is nice to see how they celebrate, wish we could see the kids in a table! I am sure they are having fun!!!!! Black tie! Really nice, but Olympia has a short dress I guess for the kids it is not so black tie after all! Hope Marie Chantal post more photos in Instegram! Presents time, wish we could see that!

Last edited:
I wish I knew how to post pictures to here from Instagram. Princess Maria Olympia posted a photo of her being silly with two of her brothers and tagged it as Fredensborg Palace.

I wish they'd release a big family photo like they did in 2006!

I like how lavish the room is yet the table setting is kept really simple. It's also nice to see that its a black tie dinner. Christian sitting up head on the side of the table is really nice. I hope we get a lovely group picture in the next few days.

I wish I knew how to post pictures to here from Instagram. Princess Maria Olympia posted a photo of her being silly with two of her brothers and tagged it as Fredensborg Palace.

I wish they'd release a big family photo like they did in 2006!

This is the picture from her Facebook account

Christian sitting up head on the side of the table is really nice

He is feeling like a real big man right there, I guarantee :D How cool for him is that?

Pictures will be coming up soon, so keep a lookout.

Mary og Frederik: På vej til julefrokost i Kancellihuset | Billed Bladet

BB writes that at noon M&F and their children were seen driving from Fredensborg to Kancellihuset, (guess that was faster and easier than dressing the children for the walk. It's been snowing). The family has been posing for a group photo, before going to lunch at Kancellihuset, hosted by M&F.
The Regent Couple attended as well.

QMII and King Constantine drove in a golf cart (so I guess the snow isn't so deep there than over here in Jutland) and PH arrived as the last one, waving and saying hello to the locals who had showed up near Kancellihuset.

That means plenty of pics should be posted by the press agencies and uploaded by private individuals shortly

Back
Top Bottom