Danish Royal Family Christmas: 2003, 2004, 2006-2014, 2016-2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hope everyone at TRFs had a wonderful Christmas!
Thank you for the charming family Christmas photos. My family and I spent Christmas Day in a cousins house overlooking beautiful Whale Beach. The sky cleared and those who sat out in the sun now are sporting sunburn!

Her_Majesty said:
Btw, what happened to Christian's forehead?

He probably bumped it as he gets more adventurous and confident with his walking skills.

The pictures are soo cute, thanks! :flowers:

Love the photo of Fred kissing his son. Good to see the whole group of Danish reletives together. Thought an engagement announcement would be made. (Gustav and Carina)

Stellad

Are the grandchildren of prinses Benedikte there also ??

barber said:
Are the grandchildren of prinses Benedikte there also ??
Barber, Alexandra's husband and children aren't in the photos. Perhaps they are spending Christmas with her husband's family this year?

I really adore Christian's little jacket. Dark grey flannel with black velvet piping. Very European.

I beleive that I read that a family memeber of Princess Alexandra's husband, Count Jefferson, recently passed away. I believe that they are with his family, if I recall correctly.

Mary is lovely has always and little Christian has put on his best clothes, I'am happy for that!!

WHAT A WONDERFUL FAMILY GATHERING!:flowers: :flowers: :flowers:
I hope they will do such photoshot each year:wub:

Christmas is always time of family and love!!! Very nice pics of Royal Family of Denmark...The kids are so cute...Mary, Frederick and Christian are beautifull at photo section!!

It would have been nice if Alexandra were on the picture, too.. :ermm:
Does anyone know if she celebrated Christmas with the Royal Family?

The family looks wonderful. Mary and Frederik seem totally devoted to Christian (and he'll probably get more boo-boos as he gets older and starts walking and running!;) ). Next year there will be another sweet little face to see at Christmas and that will make it even more special.:flowers:

JessRulz said:
Thanks for the cute times a billion pictures!!! :)

Is anyone else having trouble opening the link in GlitteringTiaras' post? It keeps coming up page cannot be found

Jess, the post is working for me.

Try this link to the main page. Scroll down until you see the post Christmas at Fredensborg: http://members3.boardhost.com/Oranjes/

B.T. has several photos of the Danish royal family including several close-ups of the Crown Prince Couple. http://www.bt.dk/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Avis=BT&Dato=20061225&Kategori=ROYALT&Lopenr=1225001&Ref=PH&Profile=9000&Params=Itemnr=1&profile=9000

Click Naeste to view the series of photos.

:)

Her_Majesty said:
It would have been nice if Alexandra were on the picture, too.. :ermm:
Does anyone know if she celebrated Christmas with the Royal Family?

I highly doubt it. She is divorced after all

Probably with her family and with her sons - the day after they spen it with dad.

Oh thank you for posting the link to the DRW. I had been to the site recently and had totally missed that they have video links!

It's so nice to see almost all (one of Benedikte's daughter, grandchildren and son in law were missing in the pix) of the DRF together for a Christmas photo! The family's grown so much since PJ, PF and their cousins were kids. Wonder if Prince Nikolai and Prince Felix are close to their distant cousins? Also, do they see/spend time with Prince Christian a lot? There is an age difference I guess.

Last edited:
pepperann said:
Wonder if Prince Nikolai and Prince Felix are close to their distant cousins? Also, do they see/spend time with Prince Christian a lot? There is an age difference I guess.
I would assume that their fathers try to make sure they see each other regularly; Frederik has often been said to be very close to especially Nikolai (there have been some really cute pictures of him and Nikolai playing, Frederik taking good care of Nikolai during the christening of Felix etc.).
Also, when they stay at their mother's place, Nikolai and Felix are geographically pretty close to Fredensborg and Christian and his parents.

Love the phot of the entire Danish and extended royal families. Everyone
looks fabulous.

It's been a great idea to publish this large family Christmas picture, thanks for posting all the links. The only thing I missed are some more pics of the other children that were there, they focused on Christian, but not on the others that much..

I agree...too much on Mary, Frederick and Christian and not enough on the other couples and children....

What is tivoli in Denmark ? A zoo ? A park ?

Piaa said:
I agree...too much on Mary, Frederick and Christian and not enough on the other couples and children....

With all due respect, while I too enjoy see pics of the entire family (especially Alexai's girls and Felix and Nikolai..how adorable), Mary, Frederick, Christian (and the new baby) are Denmark's immeadiate future and there will always be more pics of them then everyone else. Its the same everywhere (as time goes on we see less pics of Edward/Sophie/Anne/Andrew for the Brits, soon it will be the same for Christina/Elena's famillies in Spain). Its just the way it is.

Many thanks Lucidu and Tricota. I loved your links, it is Christmas again...

Back
Top Bottom