The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-25-2014, 04:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
It seems that also Princess Nathalie, Alexander and Konstantin didn't attend.

It was mentioned previously in the thread that they wouldn't attend as Princess Nathalie is heavily pregnant.

Old 12-25-2014, 05:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Lovely photo, and the Queen in matching Christmas colours with Henry is cool! but I would have loved to see a family photo from last night all in black tie!!!!!

Old 12-26-2014, 04:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Love the family photo and that the three families could get together. Henrik and the queen in matching color clothes. Felix and Vincent in same color pants. Athena sitting in between Josephine and isabella cute

Great that Nikolai and Felix were seen with Frederik and family. They seem to enjoy spending time with their uncle and family
Old 12-26-2014, 05:25 AM
Majesty

I've made this photo and along with the air-photo from Google that should give a better overview of Fredensborg this Christmas.
Let me know if I have to make corrections or additions.

https://app.box.com/s/nve8i11oy54fh2mrkz24

And the air-photo: https://app.box.com/s/vhb43jb8f18x1pz3ev83
(You've seen this before though).
Old 12-26-2014, 07:09 AM
Nobility

How crazy and unreponsible from P. Frederic to drive with Vincent on his knees??!

Queen Mathilde
Old 12-26-2014, 08:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

It would seem Crown Prince Pavlos' family left early this morning. They shared pictures at heathrow getting ready to fly to the Bahamas.
Old 12-26-2014, 09:38 AM
Gentry

I love the parallels with the times of King Christian IX: in those days, the extended family met regularly at Fredensborg, as many of you know. I love it that Frederik IX's descendants are gathering there now as well and have their Christmas dinner in the same room as where King Christian IX and his family posed for Laurits Tuxen for his famous paining.
Old 12-26-2014, 10:25 AM
Royal Highness

La gran Familia Real de Dinamarca por Navidad

Julen 2014 - Kongehuset
Old 12-26-2014, 11:09 AM
Aristocracy

Wonderful picture of everyone! Question: where is Princess Benedikte's husband?
Old 12-26-2014, 11:12 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenJen View Post
Wonderful picture of everyone! Question: where is Princess Benedikte's husband?
I also noticed the lack of it on the photo.
Old 12-26-2014, 11:38 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
Also her son, Prince Gustav is missing!
Old 12-26-2014, 11:41 AM
Imperial Majesty

A very nice family Christmas photo.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-26-2014, 11:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
I think many of us is asking the same question!? where is he?
Old 12-26-2014, 02:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Today, Denmark has had the most beautiful weather. Snow on the ground, blue sky, minus 5 degrees but totally clear weather with lot's of sunshine

And the royals have taken advantage of the good weather.

Margrethe was seen walking with Benedikte around noon. Henrik joined them later.
Non pictures though.

Frederik and Mary were seen going for a walk in the park with Vincent and Josephine early this morning and during the way they tried to built a snowman. On the way home the twins enjoyed the view from their parents shoulders.
Non pictures though.

Mary, Princess Alexia and husband Carlos Morales Quintana, Prince Nikolaos and Princess Tatiana was seen out on a long walk in the park in the beautiful weather. Along for the walk was Ziggy and Nikolaos' dog. Billedbladet writes Mary wished Billedbladet's reporters a "Merry Christmas".
BB noticed a happy Benedikte recieved them in the door when they returned from their stroll.
Picture:http://www.billedbladet.dk/sites/bil...?itok=gVxZdKRy
Article: Kronprinsesse Mary gik tur i slotsparken | Billed Bladet

And meanwhile always active Frederik was seen burning the Christmas food's fat calories and took a ride on roller skis in the park. I bet he is training for Vasaloppet 2015.
Picture: http://www.billedbladet.dk/sites/bil...?itok=ct9_5vWX
Article: Kronprins Frederik pň skitur | Billed Bladet
Old 12-26-2014, 03:19 PM
Majesty

Den kongelige familie var nŠsten fuldtallig juleaften: Farmors fede julefest - Royale | www.bt.dk

BT reports that Prince Gustav and as such Carina Axelsson were not present at the Christmas gathering. And even though Prince Richard is not mentioned, I think it's safe to think that he also stayed at home at Berleburg.

- I may be cynical, but I can't help thinking that Prince Richard was childish again and didn't want to go, so Gustav and Carina "volunteered" to stay behind so he wouldn't be alone on Christmas Eve.
If he was ill it would more natural for his wife to stay behind as well.
Old 12-26-2014, 03:36 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Den kongelige familie var nŠsten fuldtallig juleaften: Farmors fede julefest - Royale | www.bt.dk

BT reports that Prince Gustav and as such Carina Axelsson were not present at the Christmas gathering. And even though Prince Richard is not mentioned, I think it's safe to think that he also stayed at home at Berleburg.

- I may be cynical, but I can't help thinking that Prince Richard was childish again and didn't want to go, so Gustav and Carina "volunteered" to stay behind so he wouldn't be alone on Christmas Eve.
Does this happen often? That Prince Richard stayed at home?
Old 12-26-2014, 03:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Does the DRF open their presents on Christmas Eve?
Old 12-26-2014, 04:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_ View Post
How crazy and unreponsible from P. Frederic to drive with Vincent on his knees??!
not that crazy. Mary had josephine on her knees too at the front.
It was a private road/property and the drive was less than 2 minutes judging from the map.

I remember doing the same with my dad when we would go visit family on their private farms. No other car was around and the drive was short but little me felt like "driving"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roskilde View Post
Today, Denmark has had the most beautiful weather. Snow on the ground, blue sky, minus 5 degrees but totally clear weather with lot's of sunshine

And the royals have taken advantage of the good weather.

Margrethe was seen walking with Benedikte around noon. Henrik joined them later.
Non pictures though.

Frederik and Mary were seen going for a walk in the park with Vincent and Josephine early this morning and during the way they tried to built a snowman. On the way home the twins enjoyed the view from their parents shoulders.
Non pictures though.

Mary, Princess Alexia and husband Carlos Morales Quintana, Prince Nikolaos and Princess Tatiana was seen out on a long walk in the park in the beautiful weather. Along for the walk was Ziggy and Nikolaos' dog. Billedbladet writes Mary wished Billedbladet's reporters a "Merry Christmas".
BB noticed a happy Benedikte recieved them in the door when they returned from their stroll.
Picture:http://www.billedbladet.dk/sites/bil...?itok=gVxZdKRy
Article: Kronprinsesse Mary gik tur i slotsparken | Billed Bladet

And meanwhile always active Frederik was seen burning the Christmas food's fat calories and took a ride on roller skis in the park. I bet he is training for Vasaloppet 2015.
Picture: http://www.billedbladet.dk/sites/bil...?itok=ct9_5vWX
Article: Kronprins Frederik pň skitur | Billed Bladet

what cute stories.
Nice that the family can spend some time together.
thank you for the stories and pictures.

It seems Mary and Frederik are in "charge" of going for walks. It seems they enjoy it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post

there is always one in every family. the stubborn ones

The DRF went to see the nutcracker
Dronning Margrethe tog familien med til juleballet | Billed Bladet
Old 12-26-2014, 04:28 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Does the DRF open their presents on Christmas Eve?
no, if you go back to page 21, Muhler talks about the DRF's traditions.
Old 12-26-2014, 06:31 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
Accompanying Video: VIDEO: Prinsesse Josephine og prins Vincent n°d julehygge i Tivoli | Billed Bladet

Tags
alexandra, alexandra manley, christmas, countess alexandra, countess of frederiksborg, crown prince frederik, crown princess mary, frederik, henrik, margrethe, margrethe ii, mary, mary donaldson, prince frederik, prince henrik, princess alexandra, queen margrethe