Danish Royal Family Christmas: 2003, 2004, 2006-2014, 2016-2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
24 December: Princess Alexandra along with Prince Joachim and Prince Nikolai attended a night mass at the church

Princess Alexandra and Prince Joachim attended Christmas Service at the Aarhus Catherdral. The Danish Royal Family is spending Christmas at Marselisborg Castle near Aarhus.

Attachments

• 260480_large.jpg
    260480_large.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 1,017
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 1,062
  • showLayoutImage.jpg
    showLayoutImage.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 913
Last edited by a moderator:
pdas1201 said:
Princess Alexandra and Prince Joachim attended Christmas Service at the Aarhus Catherdral. The Danish Royal Family is spending Christmas at Marselisborg Castle near Aarhus.
Thanks pdas! On the surface, it looked like an easy reunion for Alexandra and Joachim, but there is no telling what they were really feeling.

The Danish Royal Family attended Christmas Service at Aarhus Cathedral. The family is spending Christmas at Marselisborg Castle near Aarhus.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 925
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 935
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 961
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 941
Is their any photos showing fred and mary getting in the car and out off the car.
billie-jo

wow...thanks for the pictures rchainho!

speaking of danish cristmas, is it true we won't see Alexandra, Nikolai, and Felix in Marselisborg or at church service this year?

Queen Margrethe is a true artist.

purple_platinum said:
wow...thanks for the pictures rchainho!

speaking of danish cristmas, is it true we won't see Alexandra, Nikolai, and Felix in Marselisborg or at church service this year?

Yes it is tru..Alexandra, Nikolai and Felix are going to spend ther christmas at Alexandras new home at Svanemollen in Copenhagen.
I have read that prince Joachim will give his sons thier christmasgifts on the 23. of december.

do you think there will be a family Picture that includes the baby (I hope so)

Royal Fan said:
do you think there will be a family Picture that includes the baby (I hope so)

I do hope ther will. I know that CP Mary and CP Frederik made thier christmastcarts with a photo of ther littel boy and them together.

H.M. Margrethe said:
Yes it is tru..Alexandra, Nikolai and Felix are going to spend ther christmas at Alexandras new home at Svanemollen in Copenhagen.
I have read that prince Joachim will give his sons thier christmasgifts on the 23. of december.

I read that too, just today... That sounds very sad, that the family won't be together.

Is this where we are going to post news or pictures if in case there are available ones of the DRF celebrating Christmas 2005?

Do they also attend a Christmas Service in any church in Denmark aside from spending their christmas at Marselisborg Palace?

Christmas Eve's Church Service this year

http://nyhederne.tv2.dk/article.php?id=3400606

paulette said:
Do they also attend a Christmas Service in any church in Denmark aside from spending their christmas at Amalienborg Palace?

The Danish RF are spending christmas at Marselisborg Palace, near Arhus. This will be lilleprins' 1st christmas. Only that we won't see Princess Alexandra, Prince Nikolai, and Prince Felix - they're spending it at their copenhagen home with Alex's family. :) :)

Attachments

• 680271.jpg
    680271.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 1,157
  • 680274.jpg
    680274.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 1,117
  • 680275.jpg
    680275.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 1,161
  • 680276.jpg
    680276.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 1,233
  • 680277.jpg
    680277.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 1,136
  • 680278-dbf7524878d81a8ab2e9064fd0c2cf75.jpg
    680278-dbf7524878d81a8ab2e9064fd0c2cf75.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 1,113
Thanks for the info. I am very much eager to look at the new photos of the royals celebrating Christmas at Marselisborg.

But I am also hoping that there will be pictures of the other royals like Princess Alex while celebrating it in her house in Copenhagen.

Attachments

• ch150124_guest.jpg
    ch150124_guest.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 786
  • ch150125_guest.jpg
    ch150125_guest.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 747
  • 315968_large.jpg
    315968_large.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 1,092
Acording to an article in BT today, the Royal Family will part from the norm this year and not spend Christmas at Marselisborg. Queen Margrethe and Price Henrik has insted decided to invite the entire family (almost) to spend christmas at Fredensborg.

The guestlist will include Joachim and his children, The Crown Prince couple and little Christian, the Queens sisters and their Family from Germany, Grece and Spain, aswell as the Reverend Peter Parkov. 34 In total.

http://www.bt.dk/royalt/artikel:aid=481402/

Ohhh! Maybe Christian, Leonor, Irene, and Carlos can play together! I'm just imagining this! Think of all the children running around if the Danish, Spanish, Greek and Berleburg families get together. Not only the babies, but there's also Nikolai, Felix, Richard, Ingrid, Froilan, Victoria, Juan, Pablo, Miguel, Olympia, Konstantinos, Achileas, Odysseas, Arietta and Ana-Maria.

I cannot WAIT for a photoshot for this one ;)

Oops, I saw Spain and figured Spanish Royal Family, not Carlos and Alexia and their children, but it would be so fun if they invited Juan Carlos and Sofia to join them, so that they could have an even bigger gathering. Didn't Sofia, Elena, Jaime, Cristina and Inaki go to Queen Anne-Marie's birthday?

Last edited:
i think the prospect of inviting the whole family sounds like good news for all of us.

just read the article and it only mentions Princess Alexia's family. i presume they're family from Spain the article is talking about. plus, i'm rather doubtful about the SRF going (maybe only 2 or three of them will come?). they do have their own traditions, right? not to mention that the way they commemorate Christmas would be different (between the Lutherans and Catholics, i mean).

but hey, Christmas is Christmas. everyone comes for a get-together no matter the reason. :D

Spanish part of the Danish royal family is indeed Alexia and family!

Leonor and family don´t belong to the Danish royals. But Alexia does! She is mentioned under "from Spain..." because she lives in Lanzarote.
So it´s no "mistake" from "BT". The Spanish royal family has nothing to do with the Danish royal family concerning christmas invitations. They didn´t even attend little Christian´s baptism....

Now all we can do is hope for some snow at christmas time, and then it can't get much better, can it...?

Stefanie said:
Leonor and family don´t belong to the Danish royals. But Alexia does! She is mentioned under "from Spain..." because she lives in Lanzarote.
So it´s no "mistake" from "BT". The Spanish royal family has nothing to do with the Danish royal family concerning christmas invitations. They didn´t even attend little Christian´s baptism....

So what is the meaning of ..from Greece.. then? King Constantine and Queen Anne Marie lives in London :flowers:

Tricota said:
Acording to an article in BT today, the Royal Family will part from the norm this year and not spend Christmas at Marselisborg. Queen Margrethe and Price Henrik has insted decided to invite the entire family (almost) to spend christmas at Fredensborg.

The guestlist will include Joachim and his children, The Crown Prince couple and little Christian, the Queens sisters and their Family from Germany, Grece and Spain, aswell as the Reverend Peter Parkov. 34 In total.

http://www.bt.dk/royalt/artikel:aid=481402/

I find this disturbing. It's like the Queen is gathering the entire family for her last christmas. Also, she stopped smoking publicly. I don't hope she's been diagnosed with cancer or anything.

I hope I'm wrong but I don't like the smell of this. I hope theý will have a wonderful christmas together :wub:

Maybe she does this gesture because she simply wants her grandchildren and nieces and nephews children to become closer? I hope this is the reason.

Daneborn said:
IMaybe she does this gesture because she simply wants her grandchildren and nieces and nephews children to become closer? I hope this is the reason.
Perhaps the queen has taken over her mother's task of keeping the family close and make sure they meet, all of them, once in a while - just like they have taken up the gatherings at Gråsten during the summer.
Christmas is a wonderful occasion and hopefully they'll have a great time!:)

Daneborn said:
I find this disturbing. It's like the Queen is gathering the entire family for her last christmas. Also, she stopped smoking publicly. I don't hope she's been diagnosed with cancer or anything.

I hope I'm wrong but I don't like the smell of this. I hope theý will have a wonderful christmas together :wub:

Maybe she does this gesture because she simply wants her grandchildren and nieces and nephews children to become closer? I hope this is the reason.

I neither hope nor think that Her Majesty has been diagnosed with cancer, and that this is the reason why she wants to gather the entire family. Mostly because the Danish monarchy has always (or at least ever since Margrethe seated herself on the throne) been very open when it comes to the health of the monarch.

Of course, given the serious nature of an illness such as lung cancer, it is conceivable that the Court decides to keep this one a secret. Nonetheless, I have a feeling that the news of Her Majesty never smoking in public again has to do with the fact that a law banning smoking in places of work in Denmark has recently been passed. Though the law is not in effect until April 1st of next year, I think, and hope, that Her Majesty is doing what she ought to do: Setting an example by not smoking at work. For one could argue that whenever The Queen is in public, she is at work.

That being said, I hope that the entire family will have a marvellous time at Fredensborg.

/Lasse

Open purse

Maybe she just opens her purse a bit because she f.i. didn´t celebrate her 65th birthday last year and this year she uses the fact that her sister Anne-Marie became 60 so she just feels like celebrating Anne-Marie´ s birthday by inviting her and Alexia (who didn´t visit Graasten since the year 2000!) to Graasten and as a fine ending the whole family to Fredensborg for christmas.

I think it's awesome they're all getting together for Christmas! I guess they just want to all be together at least every few years. I hope we get to see a nice big family portrait.

From what I've been reading, I understood that this year they were going to spend Christmas at Fredensborg because it is a much bigger place. They probably could not fit the entire family (Margrethe's, Benedikt's and Anne Marie's) in Marselisborg.

We have to keep in mind that the families have grown considerably and almost everyone has now a spouse and children and almost everybody needs their own room to sleep in.

Lasse Pedersen said:
I neither hope nor think that Her Majesty has been diagnosed with cancer, and that this is the reason why she wants to gather the entire family. Mostly because the Danish monarchy has always (or at least ever since Margrethe seated herself on the throne) been very open when it comes to the health of the monarch.

Of course, given the serious nature of an illness such as lung cancer, it is conceivable that the Court decides to keep this one a secret. Nonetheless, I have a feeling that the news of Her Majesty never smoking in public again has to do with the fact that a law banning smoking in places of work in Denmark has recently been passed. Though the law is not in effect until April 1st of next year, I think, and hope, that Her Majesty is doing what she ought to do: Setting an example by not smoking at work. For one could argue that whenever The Queen is in public, she is at work.

That being said, I hope that the entire family will have a marvellous time at Fredensborg.

/Lasse

Danish Royal Christmas at Fredensborg 2006

More from TV2 on the Christmas Eve of the Danish Royal Family:
According to this article from TV2 NEWS (in Danish), the Royal Danish Court has now officially announced that The Reigning Couple will celebrate Christmas at Fredensborg Castle. The festivities commence on December 23 (in Denmark: ‘Lillejuleaften’, i.e. ‘Little Christmas Eve’). The guests (more on them below) will arrive and TRH The Crown Prince Couple will host a dinner for the entire family in the Chancellery House. On December 24, the family attend the Christmas Service at Fredensborg Palace Church and afterwards celebrate their Christmas privately.

The guest list consists of 10 children and 20 adults. From Denmark: The Reigning Couple, as hosts, TRH The Crown Prince Couple, Prince Christian, Prince Joachim and TH Prince Nikolai and Prince Felix. From Berleburg: HRH Princess Benedikte and HH Prince Richard, accompanied by their youngest daughter Princess Nathalie and their son Prince Gustav along with his girlfriend Ms. Carina Axelsson. The eldest of the Berleburg Children, Princess Alexandra, will not attend. She is spending Christmas with her husband, children and in-laws. From England TM King Konstantin and Queen Anne-Marie accompanied by their children: TRH The Crown Prince and Crown Princess Pavlos, HRH Princess Alexia, Mr. Carlos Morales Quintana, TRH Prince Nikolaos, Princess Theodora and Prince Philippos. Moreover the four children of HRH Crown Prince Pavlos and the three of HRH Princess Alexia will attend.

The article does not mention the presence of Reverend Peter Parkov, an old friend of HM The Queen, but seeing that the guests mentioned in the article make up 10 children and 19 adults, I deem it safe to assume that the ‘missing link’ is in this case the reverend who, as it has been mentioned in several previous articles, usually spends his Christmases with the Danish Royal Family.

Glad tidings:flowers:
Lasse

Back
Top Bottom