The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-06-2017, 07:09 AM
Imperial Majesty

The answer to both questions from M. Payton and LibrarianDaisy is: Yes, she does.

I read about it in BT the other day - of course I can't find the article right now.

Old 12-06-2017, 09:55 AM
Aristocracy

Thanks Muhler - I was sure she'd made one for each (and I knew you'd know the answer for certain )

Old 12-07-2017, 04:35 AM
Imperial Majesty

December 7 "Lovely is the sky blue". In the Blue Dining Room at Marselisborg Castle, H.M. The queen made Christmas decorations, which encircle the image "Faroese Birds", which was a gift to the Queen of the Faroe Islands Legislative and Local Government in connection with the Government Anniversary in 2012.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BcZRNJdn...danskekongehus
Old 12-07-2017, 07:36 AM
Aristocracy

I've always loved that picture and I so want a close up view of those decorations (and is it just me, or is anyone else longing to straighten two of those candles )
Old 12-07-2017, 09:21 PM
Heir Apparent

The video showing the decorating of the Christmas tree is spectacular. I like how everyone is involved in the decorating. One decoration was a star with a photo of a Prince. Who was the boy: Prince Christian or Prince Vincent?
Old 12-07-2017, 09:55 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
The video showing the decorating of the Christmas tree is spectacular. I like how everyone is involved in the decorating. One decoration was a star with a photo of a Prince. Who was the boy: Prince Christian or Prince Vincent?
Christian
Old 12-08-2017, 03:25 AM
Administrator

December 8:

"What the angels sang in the world, now all little children are going to sing" - today's post is showing an angel with a songbook made by Queen Margrethe for the Blue Dining Room at Marselisborg Castle:

** Post **
Old 12-08-2017, 06:06 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
The answer to both questions from M. Payton and LibrarianDaisy is: Yes, she does.

I read about it in BT the other day - of course I can't find the article right now.
Thank you Muhler for the answer, she is an amazing woman for doing that type of needlework takes lots of time as I know, and being an artist, a mother, a wife and queen on top of it.......she is a very strong role model to follow for many women.
Old 12-08-2017, 06:21 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Candles on the Christmas tree is very common in DK, or rather a combination of candles and electric lights.
The electric lights are used from the moment the tree is brought in and decorated and the candles are used when we dance around the tree while most other lights in the living room are turned off.
Most people have a fire-extinguisher, a carpet, a bucket of water or a spray with water and a couple of drops of detergent close by, just in case.
Candles provides an atmosphere you cannot recreate with electric lights IMO.

Thank you for the tidbit of information Muhler. Good to hear that there are many safety precautions when it comes to candles on trees. I do agree with you that candles provide a different sort of atmosphere - I can imagine that they feel a lot more magical and homely.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 12-09-2017, 04:03 AM
Imperial Majesty

December 9th
"You old, weird grandmother,"
H.M. The queen has made this package calendar for H.K.H. Princess Isabella, where the day's gate is on a Christmas ring.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BcecKkvn...danskekongehus
Old 12-10-2017, 05:42 AM
Imperial Majesty

December 10th
"Angels fall into secret"
H.M. Queen's plate decoration for the Christmas table at Marselisborg Castle.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BchBTY6n...danskekongehus

Christmas atmosphere at Amalienborg, Gråsten Castle and the Royal Stable-Etat.

December afternoon at Gråsten Castle, where a Christmas tree lights up the inner castle farm.
https://scontent.fath4-1.fna.fbcdn.n...35&oe=5ABF0BDE

A Christmas tree in the garden behind Christian IX's Palace, Amalienborg.
https://scontent.fath4-1.fna.fbcdn.n...7a&oe=5ACD086E

One of the Queen's White Cladruber Horses at the Christmas tree in the barns at Christiansborg Castle, where the Royal Manor House belongs.
https://scontent.fath4-1.fna.fbcdn.n...43&oe=5AC33F49
Old 12-10-2017, 03:57 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
December 9th
"You old, weird grandmother,"
H.M. The queen has made this package calendar for H.K.H. Princess Isabella, where the day's gate is on a Christmas ring.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BcecKkvn...danskekongehus

This is very cute. And how nice that the Queen has done them for her grandchildren. A great tradition that I'm sure they will cherish. Judging from the picture their seems to be calendars on both sides of Isabella's, Christian's and one of the twins I'm guessing
Old 12-10-2017, 04:32 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Yes, it's really cute that Margrethe is doing this for her grandchildren. It's something they can keep and look back on. What a lovely idea.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 12-11-2017, 03:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

11. december ”We all like our figgy pudding, with all it's good cheers, Good tidings we bring, To you and your king; We wish you a merry Christmas and a happy New Year”.
H.M. The queen has embroidered an English Christmas invitation for her Christmas eve.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BcjfEzAn...danskekongehus
Old 12-11-2017, 03:11 AM
Imperial Majesty

Thanks Eya.

I guess this is a reference to the DRF Christmas Eve dinner. They always have an English cake. Presumably a tradition introduced either by Queen Ingrid or QMII's English nanny.
Old 12-12-2017, 03:46 AM
Administrator

December 12 shows Vincent's Advent calendar made by his grandmother:

"When I just dare to trust, that you will not drum before my song is over "

** Post **
Old 12-13-2017, 03:33 AM
Imperial Majesty

December 13th
"Now on Lucia's Day, greet our friendship, Santa Lucia, Santa Lucia"
H.M. The queen is here embroidered Santa Lucia. The Lucia tradition comes from Sweden, and the Queen was with his sisters, H.K.H. Princess Benedikte and H.M. Queen Anne-Marie, among the first Danes who were Lucia . It was in 1946 at the Swedish Embassy in Copenhagen.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bcoq0b2n...danskekongehus
Old 12-14-2017, 01:50 AM
Administrator

A lovely angel is the decoration presented for today, December 14:

"In the starlight, the angelic dance went over Bethlehem"

** Post **
Old 12-15-2017, 01:21 AM
Administrator

Today, December 15, a photo of Josephine's advent calendar was shared

- "It's now a Christmas party":

** Post **
Old 12-15-2017, 01:44 PM
Majesty

Very lovely. Some great work by the Queen.
And seeing that the 4 calendars are hanged side by side they must take up all the wall

Tags
alexandra, alexandra manley, christmas, countess alexandra, countess of frederiksborg, crown prince frederik, crown princess mary, frederik, henrik, margrethe, margrethe ii, mary, mary donaldson, prince frederik, prince henrik, princess alexandra, queen margrethe