Danish Royal Family Christmas: 2003, 2004, 2006-2014, 2016-2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
These pictures are so lovely they really are spoiling us!
I think Christian and Isabella are both like their dad mainly. The pictures remind me of "A day in the life of ..."

Great pictures, thanks for posting them. I wonder why they didn't choose one of these as christmascard, so much cuter around christmasstuff than the one they had! Some are a bit random and vague though, like the one of the stroller and Frederiks back, which really doesn't show anything. But most are really cute! Isa has changed sooo much, I think she looks more and more like her brother!

those are lovely photos!! A lovely happy family. Isabella is adorable so is Christian.
This picture is just too cute, just looking at Christian on his own little bean bag and the small christmas tree and this picture looks like christian is locking ziggy outside :lol:

All these pictures just takes my breath away. Such beautiful children.

thanks for this pic :flowers: they are great;
christian and isabella are so lovely :wub: and mary looks so fresh

Some are a bit random and vague though, like the one of the stroller and Frederiks back, which really doesn't show anything.
They make sense in the context - which was an interview, during which Isabella and Christian were put outside for a nap. :flowers:

They make sense in the context - which was an interview, during which Isabella and Christian were put outside for a nap. :flowers:
... and Christian in the pram which queen Ingrid used for her first born - Christian's grandmother :) In the interview Frederik mentions that queen Margrethe had the old pram taken out of storage and renovated for Frederik and Mary's children (it was not used for either Frederik and Joachim). It is larger than modern prams so F&M now use it for Christian's naps outside.

oh ok, thanks so much for this info Norwegianne. :flowers:I thought it was really odd, but it makes sence now. Is this interview to be seen somewhere as well?

It is larger than modern prams so F&M now use it for Christian's naps outside.
What an interesting concept, I would have never thought to go outside for a nap in the winter. But, looking at Isabella all bundled up and warm, it's a great way to get fresh air!

Is it only going to be the Queen and Prince Henrik, Joachim and Marie, and Frederik, Mary, and kids at Christmas this year? Last year they had the whole crew, Greeks, Bereleburgs and everyone. Is there going to be a photoshoot of the ones that are there?

Is it only going to be the Queen and Prince Henrik, Joachim and Marie, and Frederik, Mary, and kids at Christmas this year? Last year they had the whole crew, Greeks, Bereleburgs and everyone. Is there going to be a photoshoot of the ones that are there?

They'll only be nine for Christmas this year, in addition to those you mentioned - Margrethe's old friend, Peter Parkov, is also among the guests, as he always is.

Richard and Benedikte will spend Christmas in Berleburg, Alexandra and Jefferson will spend it with his parents… and New Year's with Alexia.

Is it a Scandinavian tradition for children to nap outside? I imagine it would be cold (I live in Ohio in the USA, and it's FREEZING outside right now) but perhaps they're used to it, and after the children are all bundled up, it's not a big problem.

They are such precious little children :)

It used to be a very British tradition to have your baby, well wrapped up, put outside for some hours every day. Of course, generally, in Britain we have a maritime climate, so it doesn't get as cold as it does in the centre of continents. So maybe Mary got it from her parents!

Thanks for the latest photos, Dazzling. I'm glad Marie is with her future in-laws this holiday season. She looks great and Joachim looks very happy.

Mary, Frederik and Christian look fantastic as well. Christian is growing as each day passes.

Nice pictures! I like how Marie and Mary are dressed, and Christian is a real cutie as always!

The Queen, Prince Henrik, Crown Princess Mary & Prince Joachim attended church service today (polfoto pictures)
Mary 1 -- Mary 2 -- Prince Henrik -- Queen & Mary in car -- Queen,Mary & Joachim

Im really liking Marys outfit, she also looks nice. Her hair seems to have grown nicely. Wish if she had taken Christian along today. Btw, Where was Frederik & Marie?

Last edited:
Awwww...thanks so much for the pictures. I just love seeing Christian and Isabella. Both are so adorable.

Is it a Scandinavian tradition for children to nap outside? I imagine it would be cold (I live in Ohio in the USA, and it's FREEZING outside right now) but perhaps they're used to it, and after the children are all bundled up, it's not a big problem.

Yes, it is a tradition to let children nap outside as long as possible (as long as they will fit their prams). In Denmark they do it at nurseries as well; in my daughters' nurseries they had some wooden, non-moveable large cribs so the children could take their midday nap outside till they were 3 and moved on to kindergarten. They sleep so well outside even when it is frost - and as you say they are well bundled up :flowers:

Fred & Mary blog have a few pictures from the church service night before Christmas - pictures
The one of lil Christian holding his grand parents hands leaving the church is cute!!

21 NEW pictures of the CP Couple and their children celebrating Christmas
Berlingske.dk
Lovely!
Isabella has changed a lot since we saw her the last time! :)
thank you so much for the photos they are great , they look lovely like any other family and I love the table with the royal copenhagen dinnerware, i think they have the "blue floted mega" design. the kids are so beautiful and I must say they look really like him, very danish!

What is the DRF's plan for Christmas this year? Will there be another big gathering and photoshoot with the three sisters and their families? The family photo has a few new members since Christmas 2006! Isabella, Amelia, Aristide and Marie!

The only thing we know is what Crown Princess Mary said. She said present this year will be the Queen and Prince-Consort, Crown Prince Frederik and herself with Prince Christian and Princess Isabella, Prince Joachim and Princess Marie with Prince Nikolai and Prince Felix.

Josette

Are there any official galas or Christmas & New Year events coming up?

Will we see Princess Marie in a gala outfit and tiara?

Yes LadyS, you will - there will be a New Years Gala, and there is often a picture of the family released (at Christmas). :)

I could be wrong, but it also seems like photos are usually released of the family attending church services. I'm hoping that this year will not be an exception.

Back
Top Bottom