The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-20-2004, 06:26 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Here you go. It´s a classic. I like that Joachim is wearing a suit. It always makes him look so tall and lean.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	259518_large.jpg
Views:	372
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	69421  

Old 12-21-2004, 12:56 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdas1201
I am sure they are on good terms even though their marriage has disintegrated. One just has to look at the pics, they seem like the best of friends. That was one of the reasons I found the news of their divorce to be false when it first came out.
I'm also sure they are on good terms, but unlike you I find it is very painful to watch the subtle messages of these two. I don't see the friendliness, only indifference and politeness. They don't look at each other anymore, the glance from eye corner says thousand words. Boy, there is a distance even though they stand together, why not move on?

Old 12-21-2004, 01:36 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennism
Here you go.
Thanks Dennism for reposting it. With the assistance of others, I finally found Fred, and twigged to the lady beside Henrik.
Old 12-22-2004, 05:05 PM
Aristocracy

J and A on cool terms

I agree with Lori. For a long time, they haven´t really looked at one another-not in the way they used to. If you see the way Joachim looked at Alex in the engagement photos, these recent pictures are heart-breaking. Sure, feelings change after a few years of marriage, but the body language of the 2 now are like they are colleagues, not spouses.
I hope they try to be warmer to one another when with the kids.
Old 12-22-2004, 09:24 PM
Courtier

I don't believe that warmth is a requirement for the sake of it kids, it's civility. Having a warm relationship with a former spouse is ideal but usually not realistic. Even for the sake of the kids, I'm sure it's difficult to be around your ex-spouse especially if there are extenuating circumstances to the collapse of your marriage. What these two are doing now is fine for the situation at hand.

Man, if it turns out to be true that the marriage collapsed do to a third person on Joachim's side, Alex is showing an exterme amount of civility towards her husband. I'd have a very difficult time just looking at him at all.
Old 12-23-2004, 02:22 AM
Courtier

I think the picture of Princess Alex there with Queen Margrethe II is not a recent one. I think that was from the previous years. If one would observe Alex's haircolor and hairstyle, it's different.

I hope the palace would release new official photos of the DRF. It would really be nice.
Never let go of anyone that you could not go a day without thinking about. There just might be a very good reason why they're always on your mind. Sometimes, it's the brain that knows too well what the heart tries so hard to deny
~ ~ Anonymous ~ ~
Old 12-23-2004, 02:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulette
I think the picture of Princess Alex there with Queen Margrethe II is not a recent one. I think that was from the previous years. If one would observe Alex's haircolor and hairstyle, it's different.
I think it is from at least two years ago if not more.

The occasion is one of Queen Margrethe's birthday appearances on the balcony and the outfit worn by Alexandra is an outfit she wore during her pregnancy -- can't remember if it was with Nikolai or Felix though -- could also be both of them.
Old 12-23-2004, 04:20 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria
I think it is from at least two years ago if not more.

The occasion is one of Queen Margrethe's birthday appearances on the balcony and the outfit worn by Alexandra is an outfit she wore during her pregnancy -- can't remember if it was with Nikolai or Felix though -- could also be both of them.
i think it's when she's pregnant with Prince Nikolai....
Old 12-23-2004, 04:31 AM
Courtier

I hope next year that there would be some royal changes regarding the schedules of both Princess Mary and Alexandra. I think both the two should also appear on some activities together not just during masses, birthdays or funerals of some important persons.

I think it would really be great if both of them combine forces sometimes.
Never let go of anyone that you could not go a day without thinking about. There just might be a very good reason why they're always on your mind. Sometimes, it's the brain that knows too well what the heart tries so hard to deny
~ ~ Anonymous ~ ~
Old 12-25-2004, 12:50 PM
Serene Highness

(from GREMB)

The Queen, CP Frederik & Mary plus Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandra and Prince Nicolai were attending Mass:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	388
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	71135   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	574
Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	71136   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	498
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	71137  
Old 12-26-2004, 02:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

24 December: Princess Alexandra along with Prince Joachim and Prince Nikolai attended a night mass at the church

Princess Alexandra and Prince Joachim attended Christmas Service at the Aarhus Catherdral. The Danish Royal Family is spending Christmas at Marselisborg Castle near Aarhus.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	260480_large.jpg
Views:	471
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	71266   Click image for larger version

Views:	630
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	71976   Click image for larger version

Name:	showLayoutImage.jpg
Views:	513
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	71977  
Old 12-27-2004, 06:26 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdas1201
Princess Alexandra and Prince Joachim attended Christmas Service at the Aarhus Catherdral. The Danish Royal Family is spending Christmas at Marselisborg Castle near Aarhus.
Thanks pdas! On the surface, it looked like an easy reunion for Alexandra and Joachim, but there is no telling what they were really feeling.
Old 12-27-2004, 06:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Danish Royal Family attended Christmas Service at Aarhus Cathedral. The family is spending Christmas at Marselisborg Castle near Aarhus.
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	447
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	71979   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	406
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	71980   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	497
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	71981   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	467
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	71982  

Old 12-28-2004, 06:44 PM
Aristocracy

Is their any photos showing fred and mary getting in the car and out off the car.
billie-jo
Old 12-05-2005, 11:17 AM
Heir Apparent

wow...thanks for the pictures rchainho!

speaking of danish cristmas, is it true we won't see Alexandra, Nikolai, and Felix in Marselisborg or at church service this year?
Old 12-22-2005, 05:45 AM
Courtier

their christmas tree loooks so big and its really pretty
Old 12-22-2005, 07:26 AM
Aristocracy

Queen Margrethe is a true artist.
Old 12-22-2005, 07:35 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sira
Queen Margrethe is a true artist.
Amen to that Sira :)

"MII"
Old 12-22-2005, 08:32 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple_platinum
wow...thanks for the pictures rchainho!

speaking of danish cristmas, is it true we won't see Alexandra, Nikolai, and Felix in Marselisborg or at church service this year?
Yes it is tru..Alexandra, Nikolai and Felix are going to spend ther christmas at Alexandras new home at Svanemollen in Copenhagen.
I have read that prince Joachim will give his sons thier christmasgifts on the 23. of december.

Old 12-22-2005, 02:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

do you think there will be a family Picture that includes the baby (I hope so)

Tags
alexandra, alexandra manley, christmas, countess alexandra, countess of frederiksborg, crown prince frederik, crown princess mary, frederik, henrik, margrethe, margrethe ii, mary, mary donaldson, prince frederik, prince henrik, princess alexandra, queen margrethe