The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-22-2010, 08:46 AM
Heir Apparent

And we have the yearly Christmas cards from the DRF.

That of the CP-coupe family feature all four (well breathing members) of the family, That was taken sometime during their summer holiday. The card is signed with names of all four of them.

Joachim and our Marie, have chosen a black and white photo of Bette Henrik as their motif.

From Berleburg it's granny Benedikte and grandpa Richard, with their grandchildren Count Richard, Komtesse (*) Ingrid, little Konstantin and the family dog.

The Greek side of the family is well represented indeed!
They have chosen a group photo from the wedding of Nikolaos and Tatiana.

And finally we have the Regent Couple. They have chosen an idyllic photo of themselves visiting the Faroese Islands.

Even thogh Count Alexandra is no longer a member of the DRF, she has also published a Christmas card, in black and white, with her and all her boys, Martin, Nikolai & Felix.

(*) Komtesse = the unmarried daughter of a count.

The paper Jyske Vestkysten, which being local write a lot about Joachim and his Marie, has a few more details about Christmas at Schackenborg.

JV.dk - Nyheder - Indland - Dronningen fejrer jul på Schackenborg

QMII usually go to church Christmas Day (the 24th) and First Christmas Day (the 25th) and she is expected to attend services in Møgeltønder Church.

That should delight the locals.

- Right, no more coverage from the magazine edition of Billed Bladet this week and as I expect to be sligtly preoccupied the next few days, I will not have much time for this forum, so a Merry Christmas from me:

For those in the know: BB will be up tomorrow.

Old 12-22-2010, 10:06 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
The Majesty prefer a simple tree with warm colours - mainly red and gold. If she has time she often create new Christmas decorations during December.
AFAIK then QMI often (like every year) makes new decorations in the night between the 23rd and 24th of December Whether it´s for the tree or the table, I can´t remember

Quote:
(**) The completely novel concept of dragging a tree into the living room at Christmas and decorating it came to Denmark from Germany in the early 1800's.
You can read here (*) that the first christmas tree was lighted in 1808 at Holsteinsborg Estate(**).
(*) Danmarks første juletræ blev tændt i 1808*| Kristeligt Dagblad

(**) Holsteinborg gods

Old 12-22-2010, 12:26 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

CP couple's card:
Billed-Bladet - BILLED-BLADET denne uge - få et smugkig her!

I think this one of the nicest pic I have ever seen of this family. A family unit, smiling at each other, children at ease. And so normal, a lovely card.
Old 12-22-2010, 12:57 PM
Royal Highness

I like it more when the picture for the Christmas Card is taken in winter, but apart from that this is a beautiful picture.
Old 12-23-2010, 12:36 PM
Royal Highness

It really is a lovely picture I can't wait to see next years with the twins! Will we get to see the rest of the cards mentioned by Muhler? Joachim and Marie's, Alexandra's, Benedikte's and the Greeks?
Old 12-23-2010, 01:27 PM
Aristocracy

It's a really beautiful Christmas Card of the Family.
Like the fact that everybody is smiling and seem to be happy.

And crm2317 I'm also looking forward to next years card!
Old 12-24-2010, 06:45 PM
Courtier

And more photos from JV.dk - Nyheder - Tønder - Billedegalleri: Den kongelige familie til julegudstjeneste i Møgeltønder
Old 12-25-2010, 04:00 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Great pics from yesterday! Here are the family's christmas cards:

** Med Christian og Isabella på skødet – se de royale julekort **
Old 12-25-2010, 04:33 AM
Nobility

Thanks iceflower.

Lovely to see all the cards.
I really like the one of the of Mary, Frederik and the children it it so warm and sweet.
The photo of the Greek family is lovely, I am not sure I like it as a Christmas card.
Old 12-25-2010, 05:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_Sunshine View Post
Pictures of Margrethe,Henrik,Joachim,Marie,Nikolai and Felix in Møgeltønder

Kongelig jul i Møgeltønder | Starlounge
Thank you Little Sunshine & Terri Terri

Our Marie look smart.

The article says the church was completely filled. That's pretty normal on the day of Christmas Eve, but I wonder if the presence of the DRF didn't play in as well....

It was pretty cold yesterday!
But in most of the country things were fairly normal after a blizzard. But not on the Island of Bornholm. (Population around 40.000). The island is litterally closed down due to the amounts of snow that had fallen. hundreds had to celebrate Christmas Eve in a barracks and a sports centre. They couldn't get inland from the ferries.
Old 12-25-2010, 06:11 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

The cards are really nice, very family/warm feeling and nothing to official and posing.

Marie looked really nice in Møgeltønder yesterday. Was that her father in crutches? Little Henrik is missing from the picture though but I guess he is a bit too young.
Old 12-25-2010, 10:02 AM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

Queen Margrethe, Prince Henrik, Prince Joachim. Princess Marie and her parents, Prince Nikolai and Prince Felix at Christmas Service at Schackenborg Church in Moegeltoender. December 24, 2010

PPE Agency Church
Old 12-27-2010, 06:31 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Frederik and the children, article also mentions Mary was there, attended the church service in Copenhagen. The kid's held Frederiks hand while arriving.
1 picture so far, more to come according to the article.

Christian og Isabella holdt far i hånden
Old 12-27-2010, 01:12 PM
Courtier

Quote:

Our Marie look smart.

The article says the church was completely filled. That's pretty normal on the day of Christmas Eve, but I wonder if the presence of the DRF didn't play in as well....

But in most of the country things were fairly normal after a blizzard. But not on the Island of Bornholm. (Population around 40.000). The island is litterally closed down due to the amounts of snow that had fallen. hundreds had to celebrate Christmas Eve in a barracks and a sports centre. They couldn't get inland from the ferries.

This was Christmas Eve.............it sure looks very light outside, when was sunset in this part of Denmark. What a beautiful family
Old 12-27-2010, 03:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndaW View Post
This was Christmas Eve.............it sure looks very light outside, when was sunset in this part of Denmark. What a beautiful family
The sun is up between 08.45 - 15.30 or so.
The light reflecting from the snow also play in.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:53 PM
Heir Apparent

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Ed7KEPTG8b.../s1600/227.jpg
Old 12-29-2010, 08:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #52, 2010.
Glad familiejul i København - Happy family Christmas in Copenhagen.
Written by Frodi Holm Knudsen.

In the late afternoon of the day of Christmas Eve, Mary, Frederik and children, along with John Donaldson and Susan Moody went to Xhristmas service in Garnisonskirken, located close to Amalienborg.
Here the royal confessionarius, former bishop Erik Norman Svendsen recieved them.
Mary, dressed warm, wasn't physically troubled by being heavily pregnant. She was in fact in great mood and when asked about what would be on the menu at the Christmas dinner, she replied: "A bit of this and that". Presumably meaning that it would be a mix of DRF and Australian traditions.
The Handwerk family was also present.

BT wrote yesterday that one of their reporters had met John Donaldson in Copenhagen Monday. He was as usual not particularly informative in regards to Christmas present, but stated that he and Mary gave each other "love" for Christmas. http://www.bt.dk/royale/det-fik-mary...ave-af-farmand

A note in Billed Bladet, informs us that Frederik and John Donaldson also attended a service in the forernoon in Holmens Kirke (the naval church).

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #52, 2010.
Marie var den perfekte vært - Marie was the perfect host.
Written by Ken Richter.

Who caught up with Joachim on the way to Christmas service on Christmas Day (the 25th). Here the photographer presented him with a bucket of oysters fresh from the Wadden Sea. That should delight Prince Henrik in particular, who's nuts about these oysters.

Joachim said about having the family for Christmas: "It's splendid. It was a lovely Christmas Eve".

Well as the press couldn't be present at Schackenborg, they could at least stand outside Møgeltønder Church, in the cold. It was very cold! The church was crammed to capacity with 500 present, not counting the DRF and our Marie's mother and stepfather Francoise and Christian Grassiot. - Bette Henrik stayed at home.

La Marie said in an interview to the paper Jydske Vestkysten: "That church means fantastic much to me. It's the nicest and most cosy church in existance. - I love Christmas ornaments and Christmas decorations".
And for Christmas she wished for:
- "My family being gathered here at Schackenborg and that I have my little boy on the arm".

The Regent Couple returned to Marseliborg in Aarhus on the 26th.
Old 12-30-2010, 12:23 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:

Our Marie look smart.

The churches in Denmark are not the most popular place during the year. There is a problem with nearly empty churches.

But at the 24'th of december there are so at church that in moore than one incident I have experienced people fainting.
Old 12-30-2010, 03:57 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler
A note in Billed Bladet, informs us that Frederik and John Donaldson also attended a service in the forernoon in Holmens Kirke (the naval church).
Wasn't it on Christmas Day the 25th? :)
Old 12-31-2010, 07:39 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FasterB View Post
Wasn't it on Christmas Day the 25th? :)
Probably. The only other sevice on that day, seems to have been a childrens service, and I somehow doubt Frederik would take his father-in-law to that.

Tags
alexandra, alexandra manley, christmas, countess alexandra, countess of frederiksborg, crown prince frederik, crown princess mary, frederik, henrik, margrethe, margrethe ii, mary, mary donaldson, prince frederik, prince henrik, princess alexandra, queen margrethe