Danish Royal Family at the Olympic Games 2004, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Danish Royals at the 2006 Torino Paralympics

you can see (although not so clear...) Princess Benedikte on this photo. she sit on the far-right.
They are at the Opening Ceremony of Winter Paralympics in Torino on March 9, 2006

photos from stellapictures via tv4.se

Last edited by a moderator:
ninemsn.com

Danish Royals at the 2008 Beijing Olympics

Princess Mary and Crown Prince Frederik head a list of who's who lending their support to Australia's athletes in Beijing today.
Mary and Fred to drop by village

I had a 'feeling' they would...:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well if they can support the Australian olympians as well as the danish ones (and IMO they can) then thats great

"One persistent athlete was trying to get her to sign something. And after a little while Mary said, `We are not allowed to sign documents', which was quite interesting."

i wonder if that's a caution all royals take (not to sign anything that isn't official - like guestbooks) or if it was just for this particular ocassion. it's interesting...

It's something that has been observed not only by the Danish royals, but the English and many other royal houses, also.

They aren't celebrities, they're royalty and their names, their signatures, are a brand and marks of the state.

To give one's name (autograph) just wouldn't be at all appropriate. No one can ever be certain of the motives behind obtaining the signature of someone in such a position as that of the Crown Princess of Denmark or any royal. So all in all, it is to protect the personage and the royal house from disrepute.

Well if they can support the Australian olympians as well as the danish ones (and IMO they can) then thats great

Of course she can, besides "Winners Are Grinners" and she'll come in contact with more Gold from the Aussie Team.:)

It's something that has been observed not only by the Danish royals, but the English and many other royal houses, also.

They aren't celebrities, they're royalty and their names, their signatures, are a brand and marks of the state.

To give one's name (autograph) just wouldn't be at all appropriate. No one can ever be certain of the motives behind obtaining the signature of someone in such a position as that of the Crown Princess of Denmark or any royal. So all in all, it is to protect the personage and the royal house from disrepute.

Thats interesting and I agree with what you are saying. However, correct me anybody if I'm wrong, but I could have sworn I saw several pix of the Spanish crown princesses signing autographs?

Not only Princess but Prince too.

It's good to see them but they don't look good specially Mary so tired.
I don't like her outfit dress and sweater. She looks so trashy and old. It give her few pound extra.
Like she lost her figure suddenly.

Yes the Spanish royals are the only one I know of who do sign autographs outside of official books

Lots of big smiles from Mary.

Yes the Spanish royals are the only one I know of who do sign autographs outside of official books

Lots of big smiles from Mary.

Not, Princess Victoria does it too, once in Germany she did it for several kids waiting for her, and I saw princess Mathilde too.

Not only Princess but Prince too.

It's good to see them but they don't look good specially Mary so tired.
I don't like her outfit dress and sweater. She looks so trashy and old. It give her few pound extra.
Like she lost her figure suddenly.

:lol: Here was I thinking she looked super-fit and incredibly thin. Her tummy is completely flat with not a bulge to be seen.

She looks really tanned this time around or is it her makeup?

I just wanted to comment on the decision to leave the kids in Denmark, M&F go to China, Mary backtracks to Denmark picks them up and flies to Australia...I think more than a health issue (pollution) I think it was more a safety and security issue...There will be millions, even billions of people there, pure choas...to co-ordinate accommodation and childminding (by the nannies and security staff) would just be too difficult...The probably wanted to limit their entourage...

I though security before I thought pollution...?

Not, Princess Victoria does it too, once in Germany she did it for several kids waiting for her, and I saw princess Mathilde too.

Then let me rephrase. Those royals with half a brain know not to sign anything unofficial...:)

Then let me rephrase. Those royals with half a brain know not to sign anything unofficial...:)
A tad nasty, don't you think. Believe me, there is no document that will ever be "passed" with a Royal signature assigned without the powers that be approving. As far a signature on a souvenir and people being affraid that it could be made into forgery, give me a break, every Royals' signature is already out there in public and most can be obtain on the Internet. I don't believe that there is one that I haven't seen from Elizabeth II through Maxima. Really no big deal in the long scheme of things. They even sign their names to cards that the public has received.

Oh, I must again rephrase...haha.

It's those royals with half a brain who are the one's signing things. They should be informed it sets a wrong standard, and should be advised to desist.

Some choose to sign over their names and that is at their discreation, though not very wise, imo. I do believe you'll find that is why a great many royals are unwilling to do so themselves. Not necesasrily assuming something would happen, but to make sure it doesn't, and can't is the logical and appropriate measure to be taken.

As far a signature on a souvenir

A souvenir? It's that kind of talk which encourages celebrity culture and celebrity is something these people are not. if "you" want an autograph, hit the Blvd.

haha. Frederik and Mary attended a welcoming luncheon in China today. everybody is talking about how handsome Frederik is here in China

pics of the welcoming banquet

Hiya Everyone,

Does anyone know if any official photos have been released to the general public yet?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers and Thank you,
Emeralds and Opals

I saw coverage of Frederik and Mary during the parade during the opening ceremonies on CBC here in Canada earlier today. I was (pleasantly) surprised to see them covered on CBC, since I didn't think anyone in Canada knew who they were!

I saw coverage of Frederik and Mary during the parade during the opening ceremonies on CBC here in Canada earlier today. I was (pleasantly) surprised to see them covered on CBC, since I didn't think anyone in Canada knew who they were!

Apparently they were shown on NZ tv too (I'd fallen asleep by that stage :bang:), which surprised me too, and I nearly fell off my seat when my mother told me she'd recognised them and knew their names!!!

marmi: That's hilarious! :D

I was not only surprised that CBC showed them, but that they knew to associate them with Denmark when the Danish team joined the parade.

Would have been better if CBC showed them when they were cheering. Not when one was checking his phone and the other was adjusting her dress/bra strap with her face away from the camera. But, lucky they were showed at all!

I was so excited to see them that I probably wouldn't have minded if they had been picking their noses! ;)

Would have been better if CBC showed them when they were cheering. Not when one was checking his phone and the other was adjusting her dress/bra strap with her face away from the camera. But, lucky they were showed at all!

I think he had some trouble with his camera.

It looks to me as though Mary found the opening ceremony rather confronting. It was pretty militaristic - the goosestepping was full-on.

Really? I didn't get that impression..:)

I thought it was fascinating and so rich to the senses (well, two of them anyway). I can only imagine what it was like within the stadium.

The military precision of all the performances was simply captivating. Such command they, the Chinese, have. It's really quite breathtaking to behold imo.

Princess Mary looks amazing in her lovley black dress!!!:wub:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom