Danish Royal Family at the Olympic Games 2004, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw this photo and thought it was absolutely adorable.
Mary looking goofy and Frederik happily gazing at her :)

adorable photo :)

Alisa said:

What an adorable picture!!! It's so refreshing to see royal couples in love.

wyldseraph said:
Also when Mary and Frederik met with some Australian reporters and Fred was asked "is mary pregnant?", Frederik replied in Danish, "Mary should soon have some kangaroos in her pouch"!!!!
Actually, they were asked this: "You met at the 2000 Olympics, you're here together at the 2004 Olympics - how many will you be at the 2008 Olympics?"!! We thought that it was so cute :D

Fredrik and Mary relive their olympic romance

Crown Prince Frederik and Princess Mary could barely contain themselves as they watched Denmark's Olympic athletes compete in Athens. The pair clapped and cheered enthusiastically to support the women's handball team in their clash against arch-rivals France.

The Olympic Games are especially significant for the couple. After all, it was at the Sydney Games in 2000 that they first set eyes on each other. And Frederik has even hinted that he hopes to bring his children to the 2008 event.

When a reporter asked what his expectations were for the Beijing Games in four years' time, the 36-year-old was more than forthcoming. "We hope to have some joeys in the pouch," he said, in a jokey reference to his wife's Australian links.

A smiling Mary said, "It's wonderful to be back together at the Olympics. I mean, we met at the Olympics, as everybody knows, so to be back and sharing the experience together and to be married at the same time is quite unexpected."

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2004/08/18/frederikolympics/imgs/fredmary-dop1a.jpg

Angel S. said:
I agree but I was just thinking it would be nice for them to have gone as a family. Besides they have nannies that can go with them to care for the children in case they get a bit busy.

I think, since they are royals they have been living in a very strict rules of situation such as when and where they are able to bring their children go along with them .

Last edited by a moderator:
Jasl and Carlotta,

Thank You so much for those wonderful photos of Frederik and Mary in Athens. :)

OMG how darling. I laughed reading those. :D

Mary wore white and red to the handball game. Nice. (Sorry, lame post, but this thread was getting buried). :)

Fred and Mary with Women's Marathon runner Anne Mette Jensen. This might be a clue as to how tall Mary and Fred are...Jensen is listed as being 5'4". So, how many inches taller do Fred and Mary look to be??

www.polfoto.dk

Attachments

• Mette_Anne_Jensen.jpg
    Mette_Anne_Jensen.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 550
Alisa said:

AWWWW....that is sooo cute ^__^ Ahh...what love does eh? it's so beautiful isn't it ^___^

the Danish people should be really proud of her she has put so much effort into becoming the perfect Danish princess and being an Australian i can definitely confirm that she has almost lost her Aussie accent [sad but true]!!! it must be from all her Danish speaking leassons hahahaha ^___^

Fred and Mary with Women's Marathon runner Anne Mette Jensen. This might be a clue as to how tall Mary and Fred are...Jensen is listed as being 5'4". So, how many inches taller do Fred and Mary look to be??

Mary is about 170 - 172 cm (5'7" - 5'8")--assuming she is not wearing heels, but I think she is has great height.
Fred is about 178 - 180 cm (5'10" - 5'11")

Is frederik firlting with this woman sorry spelling iot look like it to me, I think that is wrong off him to do that with is wife their, he shouldn't do it at all well that my opinion
billie-jo

I don't think he was flirting with her. He was probably making friendly chatter and cheering her up considering she was out on injury and couldn't play.

billie-jo said:
Is frederik firlting with this woman sorry spelling iot look like it to me, I think that is wrong off him to do that with is wife their, he shouldn't do it at all well that my opinion
billie-jo
It doesn't look like flirting at all. He is just having a conversation.

was lookin at athens photos-- gee why does joachim look so much older than fred?? :(

ingenue said:
was lookin at athens photos-- gee why does joachim look so much older than fred?? :(

well, he has always looked older...

thanks for the info, alisa! :)

I was just saying it looks like he is flirting with her and am sorry said anythink about it now.
billie-jo

Hey. Check out Abaca Press for some nice photos of the Queen, the Prince and Mary at the horseshows. No Fred.

hahahaha...oh ok ^___^ hey i was wondering are there any pics of Mary supporting the Australians???

I am sure that we might only see photos of Princess Mary supporting the Danes, however, I am sure that she is privately supporting her home team as well... :)

Attachments

• Mary_Fred.jpg
    Mary_Fred.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 676
  • Mary_Athens.jpg
    Mary_Athens.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 770
  • Mary_Cheerin.jpg
    Mary_Cheerin.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 396
  • Mary_Fred_HandBall.jpg
    Mary_Fred_HandBall.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 449
  • Mary_Fred_Handball_2.jpg
    Mary_Fred_Handball_2.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 559
  • Mary_Fred_Handball_3.jpg
    Mary_Fred_Handball_3.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 674
It looks like the photo on Mary's security pass is the official photo used on the royal family's website.

Pics of Fred and mary in Athens.

Happy Mary and frederik in athens yesterday.

With Margethe.

And more of the couple with Margrethe.

The Danish Royals in Athens today.

Attachments

• 51223549.jpg
    51223549.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 388
  • 51223642.jpg
    51223642.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 354
  • 243844_picture_gallery_large.jpg
    243844_picture_gallery_large.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 560
  • 243850_picture_gallery_large.jpg
    243850_picture_gallery_large.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 849
  • 243840_picture_gallery_large.jpg
    243840_picture_gallery_large.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 573
  • 243854_picture_gallery_large.jpg
    243854_picture_gallery_large.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 586
  • 243856_picture_gallery_large.jpg
    243856_picture_gallery_large.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 592
  • 51234708.jpg
    51234708.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 538
Congrats to the Denmark indeed!

More photos of the Queen, Prince Henrik and the Crown Princely couple:

An excited Crown Princess

I must admit I have never seen Her Majesty so excited before.:)

haha, look at Mary :) any pics from the closing cermony yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom