Danish New Year Courts: 2004, 2006-2021, 2023, 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did I correctly see a bit of the chain of the Order of the Elephant on Marie's shoulder?

:previous: Yes, Marie is wearing the chain of the Order of the Elephant.

sgl, I don't think that Gustav and Carina would have been there. We usually only see the immediate DRF at the New Year's Courts. I've never seen Queen Anne-Marie at this event, or Princess Benedikte either. Does anyone know if they've ever attended? Maybe way back in the '70s?

I think Mary and Marie both look fantastic, I'd really like to see Marie's gown without the fur wrap; it's the only gown out of the three ladies' that we haven't seen without a wrap/jacket.

Marie looked amazing! Totally gorgeous and beautiful! The star of the event. That being said, Mary still looked immaculate. As always.

I just loved Mary those jewels are some of my favourites. I hate to disagree but I think Mary is the star. The colours I love those on her. Marie looks pretty and I love her fur but the pale fur Mary is wearing is my favourite. Thanks for the posts so quickly.

I just loved Mary those jewels are some of my favourites. I hate to disagree but I think Mary is the star. The colours I love those on her. Marie looks pretty and I love her fur but the pale fur Mary is wearing is my favourite. Thanks for the posts so quickly.

I agree-Mary is the star. Her tiara doesn't clash with her gown like Marie's does (Marie's tiara is in a white metal but her gown has a gold-ish trim to it--I personally don't like that) but since it's the order of the Elephant I can "let it go"!

Last edited:
Competition

There must be a lot of pressure on Mary and Marie to dress up for the press since we all seem to compare them, unfortunately.

I think the Danish Royal ladies all look absolutely amazing in their resplendant gowns. This is I think Princess Marie's first New Year gala and I think she looks the very epitome of a Danish princess. She carried herself charmingly and is clearly starting to bring out her own individual charm and style to these events. Crown Princess Mary is clearly very confortable in her role and looks very confident and lovely. I don't think you can compare the two princesses as they compliment eachother very well.

it's lovely to see marie in her first new year court! i loved the tiara she chose/was offered, it really suits her. her style in gala gowns seems much different to mary's, who generally goes for lighter colours and much more similar to alexandra's.

Princes Mary is still very elegant and gorgeous! I love that dresse even she has worn it several times! It's always a pleasure to see her in a gala dress with a tiara and a wonderful hairdo!

Princesse Marie is gorgeous too! I would like to see the dress without the fur to see how it is in reality! She's becoming more and more confident as a princess!

Danish people must be very proud of its 2 beautiful princesses!

Princes Mary is still very elegant and gorgeous! I love that dresse even she has worn it several times! It's always a pleasure to see her in a gala dress with a tiara and a wonderful hairdo!

The Crown Princess has worn this ice blue evening gown three times, not several.

WOW is right (i love this stuff), everyone looks like a fairytale character:wub:, the jewels and trains, furs and crowns, uniforms and ball gowns
i would love to see details of the queens pearl necklace OMG:eek: gorgeous, she has such dashing style, love her dress...well everything. mary is lovely in the glittering white (pre-wedding/ 2 kids later dress...way to go girl ;) ) marie is beautiful and joachim looks so proud he could bust (sooo happy) speaking of busting hmmmm price henrik needs to lose a few pounds JMO. thanks for all the links and information:flowers:

The Queen is wearing this pearl and ruby set from the Crown jewels. She has put the stomacher on the necklace.
There is a nice story about pearl-necklace. It wasn't worn for a long time so they pearl lost there colour and became grey. Queen Ingrid then started to wearl the pearl necklace at night and sleept with it then the pearls started to work again

Last edited:
Does anyone know if Prince Gustav and Carina attended this event? I have tried searching for them in photos, but could not find anything. Do Queen Anne-Marie and her family typically attend this event?

They don't! This is an official event reflecting the constitutional relation between monarch and government, and it concerns the institution = the Royal House rather than the royal family.

Those present are members of the royal house; the monarch & spouse, the heir apparent and others in the line of succession and their spouses. Apparently the only one missing is the elderly HH Princess Elisabeth.

A happy new year to all!

Viv

A question: was CP Mary wearing the same dress she wore during her pre-wedding gala banquet at Christinsborg Palace? For me she only had,this time, different earings. But, anyway, I think she looks great!

All the ladies look beatiful. Though I've to say that princess Marie was indeed very beatiful.

All the ladies were beatiful. Even though i must admit that princess Marie was indeed very beatiful.

The ladies are beautiful indeed. :flowers:

Marie has a beautiful tiara. It's much nicer than the tiara Mary got upon her wedding to Fred. Since Marie is on the shorter side, her gown seems to drown her a bit.

Mary looks good too. Love the fur jacket/shrug. I do wish Margrethe would give her another crown/parure other than the Ruby one. It really doesn't go with everything. But I guess she couldn't wear her smaller diamond tiara.

It is unfortunate that the two princesses are often compared as each bring their own strengths to the royal family. Seeing CP Mary in this recycled dress reminds me how much she has grown in her role. She looks more comfortable since the first time she wore this gown. She carries herself more confidently... almost like she has grown into the gown and the tiara if that makes sense (I'm not speaking in the physical sense, although I am very impressed that she can still wear the dress after 2 babies and she does look great). I think the more we see Princess Marie at gala events, the more confident she will appear too, although she presented herself very well at this event.

Thank you thank you, Anabel, for all the pictures and not least for the two Christmas resp. New Year Cards. How do I love those romantic postcards !!! This Forum is awaking all my romanticism !!!

And also thank you to bbb for the words about Alexandra, which have been cheering to me.:)

Both Princesses look wonderful! Princess Mary is always very elegant. Princess Marie is absolutely beautiful & I love her tiara.

Princess Marie is wearing for the first time the necklace of the Order of the Olifant. Do you think ex-Princess Alexandra had to give her's back ???

Yes, Marie wears it the first time.
And AFAIK Alexandra kept the order of the elephant and her tiara.
I think there is only one case where the order was taken away from a person and that was Ex-President Ceaucescu of Romania.

In Belgium the first Order is the Order of Leopold. On its Exhibition I saw a letter form the Norvegian Royal Court ; They wrote they were sending back to the Order the late King Olav's Decoration.

Is it possible to do a new forum for 2009 : new Princess , new tiara, new member of the Royal Olifant Order ?

New Years reception at Amalienborg Palace:

PPE Agency

Courtesy PPE-Nieboer

Princess Marie is wearing for the first time the necklace of the Order of the Olifant. Do you think ex-Princess Alexandra had to give her's back ???

No,the Countess didn´t have to give her Order back.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
It is unfortunate that the two princesses are often compared as each bring their own strengths to the royal family. Seeing CP Mary in this recycled dress reminds me how much she has grown in her role. She looks more comfortable since the first time she wore this gown. She carries herself more confidently... almost like she has grown into the gown and the tiara if that makes sense (I'm not speaking in the physical sense, although I am very impressed that she can still wear the dress after 2 babies and she does look great). I think the more we see Princess Marie at gala events, the more confident she will appear too, although she presented herself very well at this event.
I totally agree with you!!! IMO we expect every year more and more from her, but obviously she can't spend all the money that are given to the RF from danish people for a dress she'll wear for only an occasion.
Probably more than a persone in that case would protest.

Back
Top Bottom