Danish New Year Courts: 2004, 2006-2021, 2023, 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A little curiosum for those of you who are fond of seeing Frederik in uniform.
From the 14th he will be commander-in-chief and as such full admiral and full general.
It won't make a difference in his uniforms as he is already wearing admiral and general uniforms, except that he will wear four stars.

Princess Benedikte always looking wonderful. She is a stunning Lady, as are Mary and Marie.

I've always been curious, does anyone know what time this New Years Event is held ?
From start to finish.... Its just that QM is 83, almost 84. Is it a long night ?

Any information would be appreciated !

I've always been curious, does anyone know what time this New Years Event is held ?
From start to finish.... Its just that QM is 83, almost 84. Is it a long night ?

Any information would be appreciated !

I believe it started around 7:45 pm (19:45). Not sure what time it ended.

llj,
Many Thanks, wow. I'm younger, and that is a LONG night, for QMll or Benedikte.

I believe it started around 7:45 pm (19:45). Not sure what time it ended.

It ended about three hours later.

The DRF need to greet all their guests. Then mingle and do a bit of small talk, normally and per tradition a lot of personal well-wishes from politicians and the top tier of the society.
Then a drink to welcome the new year - the infamous Rosenborg Wine!

Then dinner and that will include a couple of speeches, mainly form the PM I suppose.
And finally at some point when people have left the table a fifer and a drummer will play the Taps and the DRF will leave, followed by the guests.

It ended about three hours later.

The DRF need to greet all their guests. Then mingle and do a bit of small talk, normally and per tradition a lot of personal well-wishes from politicians and the top tier of the society.
Then a drink to welcome the new year - the infamous Rosenborg Wine!

Then dinner and that will include a couple of speeches, mainly form the PM I suppose.
And finally at some point when people have left the table a fifer and a drummer will play the Taps and the DRF will leave, followed by the guests.

It is interesting that about this New Years court there is till some sort of secrety as usually no photographers and Cameras are allowed inside in contrast to State Banquets etc.

Today, January 3, Queen Margrethe, Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary attend the New Year's Court for the Supreme Court Judges, the Royal Life Guards and the Guard House Regiments and afterwards the New Year's Court for the Diplomatic Corps at Christian VII's Palace, Amalienborg:

** rex gallery ** tt.se gallery ** gettyimages gallery ** ppe gallery **

** BB gallery: Festlighederne fortsætter på Christiansborg Slot: Se alle gæsterne fra onsdagens nytårskur **

** BB: Her er det første billede: Dronning Margrethe sammen med kronprinsparret efter den chokerende udmelding **

Last edited:
Normally QMII will ride in a carriage for this, but that is likely to be cancelled. We have very heavy snowfall all over the country all day today.

Isn't that tomrrow?

I will confess to getting teary-eyed looking at today's photos. This is the last time we will see Queen Margrethe in this role for the New Year's diplomat Corp reception.

Everyone looked fantastic! I don't know if it's mind over matter but it honestly looks like the CPss mannerism changed drastically since the announcement. She has been looking very much like a Queen since!

Muhler, Thank you for the additional information on the duration of the Event.

Everyone looked fantastic! I don't know if it's mind over matter but it honestly looks like the CPss mannerism changed drastically since the announcement. She has been looking very much like a Queen since!
Yes, it is mind over matter. Mary always looked very regal at the New Year Courts, nothing has changed.

The final reception under the reign of Queen Margrethe today, January 4:

Queen Margrethe, Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary attended the New Year's Court for the Armed Forces and Emergency Planning Agency Grade I, II and III, as well as representatives of major country organisations and royal patronages, at Christiansborg Palace.

The attendance of Prince Joachim had not been announced, therefore it was a surprise to also see him today!

** BB gallery: Hyldet af danskerne: Dronning Margrethes sidste tur i guldkareten som regent **

** BB gallery: Dronning Margrethe holder sin allersidste nytårskur: Her er alle gæsterne **

** gettyimages gallery: DNK: Queen Margrethe II of Denmark Golden Carriage New Year's Ride **

** rex gallery ** ppe gallery ** gtresnews gallery ** dailymail article 1 ** dailymail article 2 **

Last edited:
Very emotional video, the Queen in her carriage, people lining the street on a very cold day.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/C1rWHABN2SH/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Frederik's former boss in the Special Fotces was interviewed.
https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongeli...s-tidligere-chef-han-har-forberedt-sig-laenge
"- Specific. He is ready and he has been preparing for a long time. He has a calmness and strength that I can only admire. He will also need that when he becomes king once and for all. He probably does that very well, he said
- In the first two years of my time, the crown prince was also there.
- He was a seed man on equal terms with all other seed men.*He was a good frogman who solved his tasks. He was a pleasure to work with, Jens Birkebæk Bach"

Another gallery
https://app.tt.se/bild/q=christiansborg 4 januar 2024

Last edited:
Possibly the last time we will see the Queen in the gold carriage!

Back
Top Bottom