Danish New Year Courts: 2004, 2006-2021, 2023, 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i find the Queen absolutly wonderful, i love her warm smile, her hair, her dress
Princess Mary has a beautiful dress, a beautiful fur too, but she's thin and i find her too pale
Princess Marie has a beautiful dress, she is alluring, she seems perfectly healthy :flowers:

Great to see the three ladies looking wonderful.
I love the Queen's gold dress.
Marie looks lovely
Mary is beautiful and very regal-love her fur

I have noticed that Prince Joachim is very attentive with Princess Marie, offering his arm, giving her a signal to indicate when she should kiss his parents and curtsy, etc. He never wanders off on his own, or lets her wander too far by herself.

This is a very fine quality he has, I hope it never changes. It is very nice to see.

When will the he Danish Royals receive the Corps Diplomatique at the Christiansborg Palace? Tomorrow?

Last edited:
I thought both Mary and Marie looked divine, and it was great seeing that ice blue dress on Mary these 5-6 years later.

I haven't been keeping up on all my Royal gossip/chatter, so I was unaware that Marie was pregnant, I wish her and Joachim the best. Hopefully it's another little girl, so there can be 2 princesses!

wow the Princesses looked so amazing. both of them!
Marie's dress reminded me a little bit of the blue gown Mary wore for the new years reception some years ago.
very beautiful.

No it happens at the 5'th of January

Kongehuset - Aktuelt
will Marie and Joachim be there too?

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:
No, Joachim and Marie will not attend the court on the 5th. They only attend the court for the Elephant Knights on the 1st.

All ladies look absolutely beautifull but specially Princess Marie, she look amazing, her eyes has a special shine.

the princess and the queen looks exactly as the same as 2006! they wear the same coats!

the princess and the queen looks exactly as the same as 2006! they wear the same coats!
QMII has always reused her Cour dresses a lot - which makes sense since they are mostly used for this occasion. Bet that Mary's cour dresses will be reused many times as well - which I personally think is fine:flowers:

I'm disapointed with crown princess Mary. The same coat...

The Queen is wearing the same outfit every year!I wonder why?....

I'm disapointed with crown princess Mary. The same coat...

don't like the coat either. it looks like a sophisticated bathrobe. the hairpiece is not elegant at all and adds to the boring housewifey look.

sorry but the fashion thread is closed. maybe the moderators can move when re-opened? :flowers:

I did not notice that the Queen used to wear the same coat every year!it's kind of a tradition!lol

I like what princess Mary wears and her hairpiece but i would have had happier with something new!

Oh....Mary....:nonono:

The Queen looks quite good year in year out. I quite like the fact she re wears the same garb each year. It suits her.

Oh my God they look so boring/bored:nonono:
And Mary, Mary... :nonono:

Oh, it just looks Sooooooooooooooooooo boring. :-D

In which case you should count youself very lucky indeed that you are not a member of the Danish Royal Family!

What's wrong with Mary's coat? I quite like the fabric and the colour(s).

The cour dresses should not be evaluated in the same way as the royals' dresses at other events; they are not fashionable - and are not meant to be that. They are just specially made for this particular event - which then makes it quite natural that they should be used several times.

I agree for these types of events there should be ongoing recycling of outfits. Those in uniform each year wear the same uniform and those in non-uniform shouldn't be concerned about wearing something new either. I'm glad to see the royal ladies being fiscally responsible too, especial in these times of economic uncertainty. I hate CP Mary's outfit, but I would have hated it more if she had a new outfit. I would love to see the hairband with a different outfit... I agree this doesn't help the frumpy housewife look the gown creates.

it's such a shame joachim and marie do not participate in diplomatic corps receptions, i would have loved to see marie in a second gala gown! i was never too sure about mary's dress. i didn't really like it the first time she wore it, nor do i now. she had some many lovely gowns to recycle - why this one?

I really didn’t like this outfit the first time Mary wore it but, while I’m still not overly fond of it, I like it a little better this time. There seems to be better photographs available this year, last time I thought it look like an animal print but I can clearly see the purple flower print this year. I think that they outfit she wore last year is my favourite, However it is good to see that she wore recycled dresses for both the New Year Courts :clap:

Back
Top Bottom